• Published 1st Jun 2020
  • 1,731 Views, 44 Comments

Choice - AnOrdinaryWriter



A choose your own adventure starring you as you wake up during a bright summer morning, ready to see what kind of adventures the day ahead takes you on!

  • ...
1
 44
 1,731

24

“Oh… well, eh, I guess you got places to be.” He looks down doubtfully. “Although I’m not sure where else you have ta go out there, but hey, that ain’t my business.” He puts on a smile. “Thank ya kindly for stopping by I guess. Glad I could help out my newest friend.” He holds out his hoof again, and you shake it respectfully.

He then looks at you with a raised eyebrow. “Are you sure y’all will be okay out there? I’m telling you we don’t mind having you here.” You nod your head. “Hmm… alrighty then, safe travels young fella, hope I see you again soon.”

You head toward the front door of the town hall as the old stallion waves you off. You open the door and close it behind you, stepping back into the hot outdoors.

The town feels empty. Not only devoid of other ponies, but all existing sound as well. You start walking down the steps of the building you’ve just exited.

LET ME IN

You turn around upon hearing a strange voice. The town hall is gone. You turn back, and suddenly you find yourself at the entrance of the town. You begin spinning in circles, wondering how in the world you’ve suddenly ended up here.

That voice… it didn’t seem like it had come from behind you, but rather from the back of your mind. It was otherworldly—a distorted growl that couldn’t have come from any creature on Equestria.

You start walking with a bit of speed. Something isn’t right. You need to get out of here.

It’s getting colder. The sky is darkening. Not long ago, the desert sun was causing sweat to bleed profusely from your skin, but now you’re shivering. You don’t understand what’s going on.

Suddenly, like a light blinking out, the entire sky goes completely black. You pause, stuck in place as a stream of mist falls ever so slowly from the sky, descending in front of you. Like a wall being built from the top down, the ethereal mist reaches the ground. Meanwhile, the blackness of the horizon surrounding you starts to close in ever so slowly.

You watch the mist as it touches the ground and remains in that one places, rising up and twisting within itself. All you feel radiating from it is a strong, pulsating cold, and a deafening silence, like its swallowing all the sound in the area. It has a void like presence, like a fragment of limbo bled into this dimension, and for some reason you feel it staring at you. You know that its mere presence, by all universal laws, should not exist in this world.

LET ME IN

The dark mist closes in, about to surround you in an inescapable eternity of darkness.

Y̙̯̱̠̻̥O̗U̡̫̜͉̘̼̪̹'̸̭͖̺̮R̪͓E͜ͅ ̵̞̲͔S̛̘͚O̧̦ ͏̩̞͕C͎̝̪̗͔͇L̟͇͜Ó͈̗͖͔̤̰S̢̝̣E͕̮͔͕̩̯͢ ̱̞͖͖̟̥̕N͈ͅO̤͟W͇̗̺͈͖̝,̵ ͙̹̫̖Y̰̯̯O̙̻̘̠͓̼̬U̞͍̖̜̠ ̠̘̥̺̪͟ͅH̟̥̪̬͞A̙̲̻͕͖͖͖͠V̴͔̲E̼͖͓̺ ̭̻̩̝̱͉̬Ṯ̰̯͚̙͝O ͓̬̳̝͕C̖͓͔̘̘͎͟A͔̳͇R̷̝̝̫̮͔̬̞R̞̟Y̞ ̳͕͓͈̠O̦̭̖͉̲N͎͚̘͇̘

…wish I could give you more, but we’re in a bit of a crisis right now, and this is the only water we have. Looks like a lot, but everyone in the town’s gotta drink. This may be enough for a week, or maybe a bit less. What I just gave you was generous. Take that as a sign that I trust you, and since you ain’t got many places to go, I’ll let you stay in the village. I would assume that’s what you plan to do.” He looks at you curiously. “Eh, am I right in assuming that?”

Yes_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________No