• Published 1st Jun 2020
  • 1,740 Views, 44 Comments

Choice - AnOrdinaryWriter



A choose your own adventure starring you as you wake up during a bright summer morning, ready to see what kind of adventures the day ahead takes you on!

  • ...
1
 44
 1,740

38

You ignore the filly despite her appearance striking you as odd and continue along with the rest of the ponies that, like you are all too eager to begin the parade.

As soon as you walk out the door, you are swept up into a large mass of colorful ponies marching down the streets of ponyville, all with happy smiles. The parade had already begun. Laughter and enthusiastic cheers fill the air, every single participant of the parade trotting along the road with a spring in their step. Not a single pony shows a sign of discontent. Those who had stayed home spare time to look out their window and wear smiles at the joyful scene outside, and those who had work abandoned their posts to spectate the parade.

It's a beautiful sight to behold, and you find yourself putting on a wide smile along with everypony else. Shadows pass across the crowd, and you look up to see a flock of ponies soaring above and following the rest of the ponies on the ground as pegasi from Cloudsdale fly down to join.

Before long, the parade has almost filled up all of the roads in Ponyville with almost the whole town participating and many ponies from Cloudsdale deciding to do the same. A view from high in the sky would appear as though the roads had become multicolored dots. And its incredible. You’ve never seen anything quite as lively as this, and the smile on your face does not dare slip.

The mix of voices in the air shifts in pitch, and from the front of the crowd you hear the lyrics of a song being sung, and as more ponies catch on to what’s happening, they sing as well, and soon all of Ponyville is singing the words of the song in unison.

Cause I love to make you

Smile smile smile

Yes I do!

It fills my heart with sunshine all the while

Yes it does!

It's a song you’ve never heard before, and you don’t know the lyrics. However, for some reason, the words of the song come out of your mouth as though you have the entire song memorized to a T. You find yourself singing along with everypony, hopping along and performing the dance moves as the crowd moves along, growing larger by the second as spectators become participants and even ponies too shy to join in earlier decide to be part of the fun.

Cause all I really need's a

Smile smile smile

From these happy friends of mine!

The song is sung loud and clear to be heard across the whole globe. Carefree, the parade marches onward, the lips on everypony’s faces curled into jovial grins. In that moment, all of life’s hardships were forgotten. Memories of bad breakups, losing jobs and heated conversations had evaporated like dust. All the negativity in everypony’s minds had vanished, every last ounce replaced by positivity and happiness, and all that matters now is this moment. You drink all of it in, and you love it.

Come on and smile!

Come on and smile!

And then everything stops.

What was once a loud pack of ponies was now completely and utterly silent. Like a record that had been cut off, the deafening cheers, as well as the sound of the afternoon wind and noises of animals in their habitats had turned into a void like stillness.

Not only that, but everypony around you had gone from wild and animated to frozen statues, like a movie on pause. Every single pony is stuck motionless. Those who had jumped remain in place airborne and unmoving, and the pegasi in the air had stopped flying, yet do not fall to the ground and instead hover there in a still frame.

The only thing that moves now is you. Mid way through performing the final dance of the song, you drop to all four hooves, looking around at the mannequin-like ponies surrounding you. For miles into the distance, you see the same thing. You don’t understand what’s going on. What happened?

Run.

You turn around, pushing your way through the frozen parade when suddenly what looks like dark mist spreads across the blue sky above, covering it completely and submerging the entire world in a dark shade.

As shadow drowns most of the light on the ground, a black fog consumes the distance, getting heavier and heavier by the second. Then, the ponies around you begin to crumble away, turning to dust from head to hooves and drifts off into the sky as though pushed by wind, but you don’t feel any wind. Now, the town is completely vacant

Keep running and don’t stop.

You run down the now empty street. A strong feeling implants itself inside your stomach that the safety you felt only seconds ago is gone. Something is here. Something evil. All you know is that you need to run. Get out of there before it can get you.

TOO LATE

In no time at all, the air becomes cold. Freezing. You shiver as the cold pierces through your skin and freezes your blood. You fall to the ground as the fog closes in, the black sky sinking downward and submerging the town in an ethereal, haunting darkness.

From within the dark fog that surrounds you, an oily liquid of the same color seeps along the ground toward you. You need to get away from it, but you can’t move. It's too cold.

LET ME IN

It's only a matter of time now.

Ț̶̮H̠͉̘̤̪̺E̯̬R̰̱͖̗͘E̵͖͇'̵̲͚̹̭S̗͔͝ ̝̟̰̩̙S̺̕T̺I̳L͏̹L̨ ̷̳̖̺̣͇M̖͖̭̱ORE̲ ̫̝T̸̰O̤̩̰͞ ͔̠͈B̬̘͈̙E͏͍͈ͅͅ ͉̮ḎO̞̟̠̼̱̺̻N͚͓͓̤E̵̤

You feel the darkness around you pulse and warp, lifting slightly as though the darkness itself had hesitated.

W̲͉̻̖A̸̭͙̜̫̞K̜E̞̞̺͝ ͏̮̜̲̦U̼̟P̧

CANON ENDING | ENDING 1 OF 17

BAD ENDING