• Published 1st Jun 2020
  • 1,738 Views, 44 Comments

Choice - AnOrdinaryWriter



A choose your own adventure starring you as you wake up during a bright summer morning, ready to see what kind of adventures the day ahead takes you on!

  • ...
1
 44
 1,738

16

“Good choice, I love that game. In fact, I think I’ll come play it with you. Here, lemme show you where it is, follow me!” Pinkie Pie walks past you. You turn around and find yourself in a lineup behind Pinkie Pie that leads up to a poster on the wall of a pony missing their tail.

“The game is simple. To win, as the name of the game suggests, you have to pin the tail on the pony. If you’re not sure how to play, just watch that pony.” Pinkie points to the yellow mare with the blue mane at the front of the line who has a blindfold on and the sticker of a tail in their hoof. The pony behind her then spins her around ten times before she’s dizzy. The pony then begins walking forward slowly and in a relatively straight line toward the poster. When she reaches it, she reaches forward aimlessly and sticks the tail on the pony’s midsection. The mare then removes the blindfold and checks to see how close she was, before laughing at the result and passing the tail and the blindfold to the next pony in line.

The game is pretty straight forward, you determine. This should be a cinch. There are about three more ponies in front of you and Pinkie, but it doesn’t take long for them to have their turn before its Pinkie Pie’s turn. When the pony who had gone previously puts the blindfold on her, passes her the tail and spins her ten times, Pinkie quickly reorients herself. “Whew, boy, my head feels funny,” she says with a chuckle. “Alright, watch how it’s done.”

Pinkie then proceeds to walk in a perfectly straight line, hold out the sticker in exactly the right position and place the end straight on the pony’s rear. It seems as though the tail was part of the poster. She had done it flawlessly.

She takes off the blindfold and surveys her perfect pin. “Woohoo! Now that’s how you pin a tail on a pony!” She walks back toward you. “You’re up! Let’s see if you can best that.”

You’re up for the challenge straight away. You know you can best that. Pinkie then proceeds to wrap the blindfold around your head tightly until all you can see is black. You hold out your right hoof and feel a cardboard object being placed onto it. Then you feel a pair of hooves against your back and you begin to spin. Because you can’t see your surroundings, you can’t tell how many times, but judging by the fact that you already feel dizzy, you decipher that it’s been many times.

Shortly after, Pinkie stops spinning you. You feel tipsy and off balance, but that’s no obstacle for you. You’re ready to show Pinkie who’s boss.

“Alright, party animal, show me whatcha got!” she says. Confidently, you start walking forward. It’s hard to navigate due to your dizziness, but you feel that you’re doing well regardless.

At one point, though, you feel like you’ve gone slightly off track, but its hard to tell whether that’s the case or if that’s just the effect of the dizziness.

Keep Going Forward_____________________________________________________________________________Go Slightly Right