• Published 1st Jun 2020
  • 1,737 Views, 44 Comments

Choice - AnOrdinaryWriter



A choose your own adventure starring you as you wake up during a bright summer morning, ready to see what kind of adventures the day ahead takes you on!

  • ...
1
 44
 1,737

8

You rush straight forward at Derpy. The grey mare just stands there, watching in amusement as you run toward her at full speed. She doesn’t even seem to be trying to defend herself as you run, about to engage in combat with her.

As you come within a few meters away from her, she deploys her wings, giving them a light flap, before zooming forward at the light of speed and striking you in the head. Your head jerks back as intense pain flares everywhere from your head and down your neck and you fall back on the ground.

Nausea wells up in your stomach instantly, your vision blurry and darkening. You try to get up, but you can’t move your legs. You feel dizzy and can’t budge any of your limbs. Your head remains faced upward at the ceiling as the hallway begins to darken. A smudge of pink enters the corner of your vision, followed by grey at the other corner.

“He just doesn’t know what went wrong,” an echoed, distorted voice comes from the grey smudge.

A laugh comes from the pink smudge. “Right you are, Derpy. This is why you’re my number one sidekick!”

“Yay!”

“Sorry, I guess this isn't your lucky day. But don’t worry, now we can finally have fun together.” Darkness crawls in from the edges of your vision, consuming the two blobs of color. The voices of the two ponies grow more distant, and everything becomes cold. Soon enough, the blackness surrounds you, and silence dominates all.

***

“I wonder how they’re gonna come out,” Derpy said in anticipation, watching with impatience as the oven was busy at work preparing their latest deserts.

“I know, I’m so excited! I’ve never blended coconut with our secret ingredient before,” Pinkie said beside her, also watching the oven whilst bouncing frequently in excitement.

“I’m sure it will be scrumptilicious, just like everything else that you bake.”

Pinkie giggled. “Aw, thanks, but give yourself credit, you helped me bake ‘em. I couldn’t have done this without ya.”

Derpy held out her hoof joyfully. “Teamwork!”

“Teamwork!” Pinkie shouted back, bumping Derpy’s hoof.

The smell of fresh cupcakes cooking wafted from the oven. The two mares sniffed and almost immediately their mouths watered.

“That pony sure did put up quite the fight, huh?” Pinkie mused. “I mean if you hadn’t been there that pony woulda escaped.”

“Naughty pony,” Derpy said with a frown, remembering their latest playmate’s attempts at escape. That pony made things so difficult on them, but they had gotten the job done, and that’s what mattered.

“Couldn’t have agreed with ya more. That pony sure wasn’t smart to mess with you.”

The oven then dinged, and Pinkie sprung up in joy. “Ooh, they’re ready! Let’s hope they’re as good as they smell.” She turned off the oven, before putting on a pair of oven mitts and opening the door. Sitting inside was a tray filled with rows of pastries, all lightly golden brown and perfectly baked. Pinkie reached inside, pulling the tray out and setting it on the stove top.

Both Pinkie and Derpy gathered around the tray and lay their eyes upon the steaming pastries.

Coconut cupcakes, with a secret ingredient.

CUPCAKES | ENDING 2 OF 17

BAD ENDING