• Published 1st Jun 2020
  • 1,740 Views, 44 Comments

Choice - AnOrdinaryWriter



A choose your own adventure starring you as you wake up during a bright summer morning, ready to see what kind of adventures the day ahead takes you on!

  • ...
1
 44
 1,740

10

You stay where you are. Even if you can’t hear her anymore, you do not want to risk running into her and getting captured again.

It’s quiet for another few seconds during which pitch silence suggests that there is in fact no one there. Then, a figure steps out into the room that, through the darkness, you can barely make out to be a pink pony.

You stop breathing and watch as she walks toward the cage to check on you, whimpering and clutching her ribs occasionally. As she approaches the cage however, she comes to the realization that it is empty and the door has been broken open. She pauses to a stop, and gasps loudly in surprise and rage.

“Where did you go?!” Pinkie shouts, whirling around. You stay obscured in the darkness, not moving in the slightest. She marches angrily to different points in the room searching for you, grumbling when she can’t find you. At one point, she comes close to finding you once she walks directly in front of you, but thankfully your luck pulls through and she gallops out of the room, cursing for her lost prisoner.

When you hear the footsteps fade until you’re absolutely sure she’s gone, you step out from behind the corner and slowly make your way down the hall Pinkie disappeared into. At the end where the the turn is are still faint columns of light that flow into the hall, and that quickly becomes your destination.

Following the light, you turn along with the hall and you see a set of wooden stairs that lead upward into an open trapdoor in the ceiling. Past that is a room with lights on. You listen out for any sounds that would indicate if Pinkie or Derpy are nearby. When you deem the course to be clear, you carefully—not wanting to make too much noise—head toward the stairs and start to climb them.

The first step creates a loud creak, and you stop momentarily, checking again on instinct if the coast is clear. Then you start climbing again. The steps are loud, but since it doesn’t seem like there is anyone close by to hear it, you continue to ascend into the room above.

Your head peeks past the trapdoor, allowing you a view of what’s inside. From a quick look, you see that you are in the center of the main room of Sugarcube Corner, and beside the trapdoor on the floor is a rolled up mug—the round green mug you had walked across when you first entered.

You climb the rest of the stairs and enter the room, your eyes immediately gliding toward the front door. With a quick look around, and again, no sounds to suggest any opponents nearby, you head toward the front door, unlock it and toss it open. There is a jingle above from the bell on the door frame as you leave, the door shutting behind you as you gallop off into the starless night. You have escaped.

You keep running until you’re a safe distance between the bakery of your kidnapper and you stop in the middle of the road to take a breather.

But it’s when you’ve stopped and looked around you that you come to a realization. There’s nopony outside. The pitch blackness of the night wraps you in its embrace, and its cold, almost to an unnatural extent. The day is over already… huh. Time to go home then, you guess.

You keep going down the road and take a left. At the end of the road should be your home. It is a let down that the day is already over, but it doesn’t matter, because you have a whole new day ahead of you tomorrow. In fact, just the thought of tomorrow makes you smile again. There is a bounce in your step and you go to your house to get a good night sleep.

Sure, today didn’t go quite as you planned. You got kidnapped, and you were almost killed, but things can only go up from here, you think.

It’s so cold…

Your house appears in the distance. Speeding toward it, you open your front door, thankful to finally be in the comfort of your own home once again. You could practically hear a good night sleep calling out to you.

Shutting the front door, you take in a deep breath and exhale. You can barely see the inside of your house due to the darkness, so you navigate your way to the nearest light switch by memory and flip it on to get some light in your place. It’s… still dark. You can see a little bit more but only as far as a few inches in front of you. Everything else is just plain black.

You start heading toward your bedroom despite the darkness. Maybe it will be brighter in the morning. But before you make it there, there is a knock on your front door. You look back, wondering what someone would be doing at your doorstep this late at night.

Trotting back to your front door, you set your hoof on the handle, twist it, and open it to see who’s on the other side. You step back instantly.

Pinkie Pie and Derpy are both standing on your doorstep, looks of mischievous glee on their faces.

“Peekaboo,” Pinkie says darkly, a syringe at the ready. You don’t react in time as she steps forward and plunges the needle into your neck. You stumble, and as the drugs take effect, your legs can no longer hold you up and you fall to the ground on your back. Your consciousness quickly slips away. The darkness surrounding you starts closing in faster.

“Nice try, but you forgot to account for one thing…” Pinkie says, standing over you. “Hide and seek is our specialty.” The last of her words turn into distant echoes as your vision blurs. The darkness crawls closer, consuming every inch of your vision, until everything is black.

DELAYING THE INEVITABLE | ENDING 4 OF 17

BAD ENDING