• Published 1st Jun 2020
  • 1,740 Views, 44 Comments

Choice - AnOrdinaryWriter



A choose your own adventure starring you as you wake up during a bright summer morning, ready to see what kind of adventures the day ahead takes you on!

  • ...
1
 44
 1,740

73

GOOD CHOICE. THANK YOU FOR READING. I’LL TAKE THINGS FROM HERE.

























Dust. The air was full of it. Enough to suffocate a pony if one were still alive.

Once, there were beautiful lands with lush green grass and trees, branches tilting back in forth in a gentle rhythm from the fresh breeze, warm as a result of the bright celestial sun, which delighted the foals that played outside and the adults that took advantage of it and wallowed in the gift of nature.

Now, trees stood dead, drooping like wilted flowers. The ground was merely dry dirt, layered by sheets of dead grass that lacked enough sunlight to stay alive. The entire sky was dark, plunging Equestria into a freezing, gloomy shade. The landscape was nothing more than a barren wasteland.

Cities and towns that stood tall and bustled with life were destroyed. Any trace of existing civilization was gone. Instead, skeletons lay across the roads of ponies who had met an excruciating demise. Everywhere, beyond the furthest one’s eye could see, death and destruction riddled every square inch of the ruins what was once a thriving nation.

Small villages had met the same fate, as though a storm too powerful to be natural had torn through them. Lakes and oceans were frozen over. The few remnants of life remaining didn't have much longer before the cold and darkness would take their toll on them.

In the middle of it all, standing in whatever was left of Ponyville, you gazed out into the dry, apocalyptic land around you: the result of the choices you made that caused this to happen. Nothing was left. Everything that had once been was gone. Obliterated.

You simply stood in place and spectated the remains of this post-apocalyptic world. And you just smile. It was all you could do. All you were ever meant to do in this universe. But it wasn’t like you were going to be needed for much longer. After all, when this story ended, you would simply freeze to death and die like everypony else. It needed you alive to cross over into this world and have its fun, but now that it had snuffed out every last living thing on this planet, you were now obsolete. And now, you were simply left to stand and stare at it all.

YOU BEAR THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE DESTRUCTION OF THIS WORLD. YOUR COOPERATION WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN.

Author's Note:

Why couldn’t you just listen to my warnings? You could have stopped it from destroying that world but you let it get in. All you had to do was start over and keep the cycle going. Now it's all gone. All of it. I tried so hard to stop it from passing through into that dimension but it was all for nothing. It's pointless now. You can restart the story as many times as you want, it won’t change a thing. The dimension is already destroyed. There’s no ending here. Just go. Leave this story alohttps://www.fimfiction.net/story/448345/when-you-stop-reading-the-story-endsne and nevedont click that link its trying to use youto destroy another one dont click that lin̸k̴ ̶p̵l̶e̸a͏͓̱ș̝͖e̪̼̟̲̤̩ ̡ͅḍ̶̹o̢̲̭n̘̼t̵̪̱̙͖͠ ̶̛̙̜̅c̵̜̑͆͝l̸͌̀ị̷̜̝̱̾͆ç̶͖̤̅̑̂͘k̵̨̜̈#$&%

Comments ( 4 )

...You're welcome

OH THE OTHER STORY MADE NO SENSE AT FIRST BUT NOW IT DOES

Nice, great story, I don't think I've seen a time-loop CYOA!

10266199
I figured you'd had a personal reason to write this, a message or theme to convey. Though aside from a few obvious guesses (like depression, control, nearing the end of life & making the most of the time you have, the social obligation to hide pain, or chasing your youth), I was admittedly at a loss as to what it was. I'll be looking forward to your blog, and I hope you are in good spirits - whatever may haunt you.

Login or register to comment