• Published 20th Aug 2012
  • 15,730 Views, 1,829 Comments

Battle of the Blanks - HumanSVD



Human in Story of the Blanks. Has some violence and swearing. Meant for teen and up.

  • ...
84
 1,829
 15,730

A bored Bloomer

Hello again! New chapter and this one introduces….APPLEBLOOM! She is one of my favorite non-major characters from MLP. Writing this fan fiction certainly has its challenges, such as introducing the characters into a story together. Most of the MLP characters will feature characters from the Creepy Pasta stories, but I will do my best to include the main characters from the show as well. I will do my best to portray the characters as accurate as possible. As always game references will be in each chapter. Hope you guys and gals enjoy it!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was going to be particularly a boring day for Apple Bloom. Today was the day Miss Cheerilee was supposed to give entire class a math test. Apple Bloom was rather one of the smarter ponies in the class being an A student in all of her subjects with exception of Equish. She was probably the smartest in the entire Apple family, but she still didn't have her cutie mark. Just like her friends Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, they too didn't have their Cutie Marks yet.

The class hadn't started lessons yet so everypony were still talking to each other while Miss Cheerilee was getting her materials ready for the class. Most of them were busy talking about what costume they were going to wear on Nightmare Night. Apple Bloom took this opportunity to talk to her fellow cutie mark crusaders.

"What y'all going to do for Nightmare Night?" asked Apple Bloom.

"I'm going to hang out with my hero, Rainbow Dash! She said she'd let me tag along and pull pranks on everypony like she did last year. It will be epic!" replied Scootaloo is barely contained excitement.

"I'm going to spend some more time with my sister. We going to help decorate the place and help put some costumes together. I've always wanted to help my sister and now I get to!" replied Sweetie Belle just as enthusiastically.

This rather bummed out Apple Bloom as her best friends all had plans.

"Ah darn! Ah was hoping us Crusaders could do something together. Now ah don't know what ah'll do on Nightmare Night!"

"Why don't you hang out with your sister?" Sweetie Belle suggested.

"She's only going to work at the apple bob tank. Ah swear she needs to give apples a break, and do something else for once. Ah would like her to take me around the town for once, but she is always too busy working."

"Sorry to hear that Apple Bloom, maybe after Nightmare Night we could try getting our Cutie Marks again!" Scootaloo replied.

"That sounds like a plan to me, but only what are we going to do when we try to get our Cutie Marks?" asked Sweetie Belle.

Apple Bloom was feeling a bit better that her friends brought up their main mission again, which was to get their Cutie Marks. It had been awhile since they attempted to get their marks. All three of the CMC (well just abbreviate it for now) were heavily thinking what to do about for their Cutie Mark, when an unwelcome pair of eavesdroppers chimed in.

"You could get your marks by cleaning up the mess of the town's party, after everyone else has had fun, candy, and cake. You can then be called the Cutie Mark Cleaners! Which is I'd have to say a step up, considering the garbage you three produce all the time."

"Oh good one Diamond Tiara, they are pretty pathetic!" added her crony Silver Spoon.

"Ugh not these two again!" thought Apple Bloom. She was about to respond when Scootaloo jumped in with her wings extended in an angry manor.

"We're going to get just as much have fun just like everypony and don't make fun of my friends!"

Sweetie Belle then jumped into just as mad.

"Yeah, well get candy and cake too just like everyone else! And we won't clean up any garbage too!"

"You said it Sweetie Belle!" said Scootaloo. Just then they did the ever popular brohoof that the colts nowadays did.

"Oh you Blank Flankers you are SO un-ladylike! You might as well act like colts, because none of them like you anyway."

She then turned to her colt friend Big Jock. He was an earth pony that was slightly larger than normal for a colt. He had grey coat, black short mane, and a football for a cutie mark. He was picking on Snips and Snails by having both in a headlock while having a cruel smile on his face. He turned just as she smiled and returned his crudest smile yet before being forced to let them go after being caught by Miss Cheerilee. He was then forced to go in the corner for the rest of the first period, much to the relief of Snips and Snails.

Apple Bloom had enough of the duos insults. It was bad enough that they picked on them for having blank flanks but saying that they weren't girls was the last straw. It was time to end this once and for all. She was so angry angry that for some reason, a strange red star in a circle appeared in the bottom right corner of her eyes. It was almost as if it were beckoning her to raise her hoof. She gave into it, whatever it was.

"You better take that back about mah friends or ah'm going to clop you so hard that even your daddy's money won't be able to fix you!" shaking her right hoof menacingly.

This successfully intimidated Diamond Tiara as her head was slowly backing away showing a slight amount of fear, but Silver Spoon surprisingly was not.

"Oh please Apple Blank you don't scare me. The only way that I can be scared is if the Blood Hooves come for me!" retorted in a dramatic scary manor.

"Come again? What the hay are Blood Hooves?" said Apple Bloom.

"Yeah, what are you talking about?" asked Scootaloo. Her wings were now lowered back into their normal resting place, but she her still showed anger towards the duo.

Sweetie Belle just sat there with a worried look on her face. Just like her sister she had a fear of blood and when the word was mentioned she listened with fear. Silver Spoon noticed this and proceeded to continue with her tale in an overly dramatic fashion.

"The Blood Hooves are zombies that live in the Everfree forest. They were once blank flankers like you and no one knows where they came from. They wander the main path during Nightmare Night looking for ponies to devour! And when they find you, they eat you! Chomp Chomp! After they are done with your body, they put you back together and you become one of them. AHAHAHAHA!" finished Silver Spoon.

Apple Bloom wasn't scarred at all and neither Scootaloo, but Sweetie Belle had fear in her eyes. She was shivering and surprisingly Diamond Tiara was as well. She also had the same fear Spike had about zombies. Just the thought of flesh rotten, bloody hooves, and scary eyes filled her mind with scary thoughts.

"Now that's the dumbest story ah ever heard!" replied a very skeptical Apple Bloom.

"Lame. Sounds more like a dumb mare's tale just to scare young foals. Right Sweetie Belle?" asked Scootaloo.

"Yyyyee…yeah…..lame."

Sweetie Belle still had a look of fear on her face, but Scootaloo turned help her friend calm down. While she was whispering words such as "Calm down. It's all made up. Nothing to worry about. ", Apple Bloom was getting ready to just flat out hit Silver Spoon, when miss Cheerilee interrupted.

"Girls! Is there a problem going on here?"

"No Miss Cheerilee. Everything is just fine." replied Silver Spoon.

"Yes Ma'am. There is a problem. Silver Spoon is scaring Sweetie Belle with a made up story about Zombies!" replied Apple Bloom.

"Is this true Miss Spoon?" replied Cheerilee with an "I'm disappointed" look on her face.

Silver Spoon quickly gave Apple Bloom a look that said "I'll get back at you" and came clean to Miss Cheerilee.

"Yes Miss Cheerilee, I did."

Miss Cheerilee then looked at Sweetie Belle who still had a scared look on her face. Miss Cheerilee then gave Sweetie Belle a hug and whispered to her,

"It's okay. I used to be scared of zombies when I was kid, but then I found out they weren't real."

And with that complete, she let go of Sweetie Belle and immediately she felt better. The frown on her face was immediately replaced with the happy smile that normally was on her face. Miss Cheerilee then turned to Silver Spoon and said,

"You're going to the opposite corner of Big Jock young lady and think about what you've done."

"Yes Miss Cheerilee."

And with that she dreadfully went into the opposite corner of Big Jock.

"You got what you deserved" thought Apple Bloom.

With that incident over, Miss Cheerilee then returned to the front of the class to resume getting ready the lessons she had planned. The girls then resumed to talk among each other.

"Glad that is over, what a bunch of hay that story was." Said Scootaloo.

"Ah know! Those two are always tryin' to make us feel bad about ourselves. Luckily we CMC are strong together and we will get our Cutie Marks!" Apple Bloom replied enthusiastically and at the same time she gave Scootaloo a brohoof.

"Yeah, and those lies about the blood hoof zzz…..zzz…zombies! There just about likely to be as Humans are!" said Sweetie Belle. The word zombie still scared her but comparing it with a known mythological creature made her feel a bit better.

"They are not a myth! They are a fact or else they we wouldn't have heard of them!" interrupted Lyra Heartstrings.

Apple Bloom simply faced hoofed and thought,

"Not this subject again! And the think we finally heard the last of it a month ago."

Scootaloo replied to Lyra simply shaking her head,

"Lyra, for the last time….HUMANS DO NOT EXIST! If they did we would have seen one by now."

"Yeah! Ah me really have you ever seen one before? And if they are real, are they good are bad you just don't know." Said Apple Bloom taking her hoof off her face.

"I know they exist! I just know it! You'll see! One day one will show up and I'll be there to say I told you so. Plus, if you read about them in the books, you would know they are just like us. Some are good, some are bad, but they got feelings just like us. I wish I could meet one and see what wonderful technology they have." Said Lyra whose mind was lost in deep thought and filled with fantasies about humans.

"I think someone needs a reality check." Said Sweetie Belle.

"I think so too. This nonsense is really getting to her head." replied Scootaloo.

"Ah just want this day to over with so we can have fun on Nightmare night…well at least y'all will have fun. Ah got to figure something out to do besides working the apple bob."

"Sorry we can't be there, but don't worry! We still will have the day after tomorrow to search for our cutie marks!" said Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah! It will be awesome and I know we will get them!" replied Scootaloo with a really big smile.

"Ah can't wait for that day to come, and ah can't wait for this day to be over too." Said Apple Bloom.

"All Right Class, let's settle down we are begin our lessons for today. We will hold off on the math test until after Nightmare Night." announced Miss Cheerilee.

The room was filled with a round of applause, and Apple Bloom was relieved that she wouldn't have to do a test today. But that was the only good news she would hear today.

"Instead, we will have an open book quiz about human mythology."

The reactions were varied among the class. Some were negative, some were of relief, and some were of disappointment, but there were 2 reactions that were the strongest.

"YEEAAAHHH! Humans rule!" shouted Lyra.

"OH C'MON!" shouted Sweetie Belle, who had just about enough of made up creatures.

"Girls! Use your inside voices, or if that's too hard for you we can just skip the mythology and go into the Math test. What will it be girls?"

"HUMAN MYTH…sorry Miss Cheerilee. Human Mythology please." replied Lyra trying to put on her cutest puppy eyes yet.

"Sorry for shouting Miss Cheerilee. Human Mythology please." said Sweetie Belle lowering her head in shame.

"Miss Belle, keep your muzzle up. Remember what I said earlier, it is just mythology."

Sweetie Belle then slowly raised he head up with her normal cute smile.

"Miss Cheerilee does know how to make a pony feel better. Ah really wish my brother and her did become each other's special Pony" thought Apple Bloom.

The thought didn't last long as immediately she remembered the incident that her friends and she pulled with the love potion on Hearts and Hooves day. It turned out to actually be a love poison that nearly drove their lives into disarray and nearly drove their minds insane. When Big Mac told Apple Jack and Granny Smith exactly why the entire family's week earnings were gone, Apple Bloom was made to work twice as hard in the field with Apple Jack and had to pick up more slacking chores with Big Mac in the farm.

"Yes Miss Cheerilee, I promise not to shout in class again."

Slightly chuckling, "Good thing Miss Belle, you might have broken the boundaries of reality of you did."

Apple Bloom trying to fathom that silly possibility, no, impossibility in her head and simple just responded,

"Now that is just ridiculous! Just as much as Humans in Equestria, ah mean how can they walk? At least Spike has a tail, but Humans don't have one at all."

"Well then you'll just have to find out now won't you Miss Bloom? Alright young ones, here are your quizzes, and remember turn to page 56 in your text books for the proper reference sections."

Apple Bloom, like every other student, opened their text books and went to the proper section to begin their open book quiz. She immediately began reading the book to find the answer to the first question.

"At least it's an open book quiz. Too bad it is just a boring subject, as if zombies let alone humans exist. Now what's this chapter say about them critters anyway?"

Most of the book consisted of a variety of theories on what humans supposedly looked like, what they ate, and if they had Music or Art. The book was very clear that humans were just a myth created long ago by ponies of the old ancient times and that no proof of their existence had ever been found. Among other pages were the claim that they were once the masters of the entire planet and were the protectors and caretakers of all ponies. Some of the theories claimed that they were a very peaceful species; others said they were a bunch of carnivore barbarians, and other claimed that they were no better or worse than any pony.

One thing was consistent among them was that they couldn't fly or that they had magic, but rather they were masters of machinery. In fact so very skilful, that they made machines that could fly, and even leave the planet. Apple Bloom found this all very amusing as it wasn't possible to do any of these things, not unless you were an Alicorn or Unicorn. Also in the pages were drawings depicting what they would look like, and all of them were very comical. They looked like mane less gorillas or monkeys, and had small cloths to cover their under regions as if they needed to for some reason. Others depicted them as scale less dragons with less pronounced teeth and no wings.

Apple Bloom just soaked all this information in filling out questions with the proper answers left and right of the page with the pencil on her mouth. She then quickly thought to herself,

"This is easy! If this is all what the quiz is about then ah reckon ah'll get an easy A! Humans…about as likely to be real as those so called Blood Hooves."

The rest of the class was rather boring, as Apple Bloom predicted. It was human this human that, she had just about enough of it. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo immediately had to go home after school for their own reasons. Usually they would hang out and have their own girl talk, but not today it would seem. Apple Bloom at that point just immediately headed back home to Sweet Apple Acres. She had no homework and was expecting to help out with chores around the house only to find out that Big Mac and Apple Jack had already done all the work for today. She then decided to see if any of them wanted to play the game Rotten Apple together (essentially a MLP version of hot potato).

"Ah Sorry little Bloom, but Big Mac and Ah are just too tired to play." a remorseful Apple Jack responded.

"Eeyyupp…" replied Big Mac, who was clearly tired from all the work today.

"Aww shucks." said Apple Bloom with the disappointment very plain on her face.

"Sorry Sugarcube. Maybe you can find something else to do. Ah think there's an iron wheel and rod in the barn…" said Apple Jack but she didn't get to finish her sentence before being interrupted.

"Hey look its Twilight! Ah think she needs help!" an excited Apple Bloom exclaimed.

Apple Jack immediately thought bad was happening to Twilight and immediately ran off with her sister with Big Mac following albeit much slower due to his fatigue. At the entrance of Sweet Apple Acres gate entrance was none other than Twilight Sparkle. She had her double saddle bag full of books that Apple Jack couldn't quite recognize and it appeared the weight was getting to her.

"Are you alright there sugarcube?" a concerned Apple Jack inquired.

Twilight Sparkle simply looked up see Apple Jack standing a few hooves from her walking slowly closer and next to her was Apple Bloom. She also could see in the distance about 100 hooves away that if was Big Mac trying his best to keep up but it seemed he was really tired.

"Oh I'm alright Apple Jack it's just I really need to get these books to Zecora before tomorrow arrives. She really needs them for Nightmare Night, though I can't possible see the reason she needs these books for." Twilight then again adjusted her weight for her bags were really getting to her.

"Oh do you need help carrying them books? Ah really can help out you know!" suggested Apple Bloom.

"Uh no thanks, I got it under control uh.." said Twilight with the load clearly sinking in her back.

"Are you sure Twilight? You really like you could use some help." said a concerned Apple Jack.

"I uhh…agh…really got thanks…ugh"

It was at this point Big Mac finally arrived to me the two mares and young filly. He was barely standing up at this point panting and breathing heavily.

"Gawly Big Mac you alright too?" asked Apple Jack.

"Huh…huh…Nope." replied a tired Big Mac who then promptly collapse after his four legs finally gave out.

"Listen sugcarcube, you clearly need help and I don't mind helping you out." Said Apple Jack.

"Awww…but ah want to help out. May ah please!" pleaded Apple Bloom.

"But Apple Bloom Everfree Forest is not place..ugh…for…a..filly..ugh." said Twilight with the book load still weighing her down.

"Twilight, ah don't want to offer help when it ain't needed but ah really think you could use some help. Ah don't mind if Apple Bloom helps you out. Heck, she's been trying to find something to do all darn day since she got back from school. And she ain't such a little filly like she used to be." Said Apple Jack.

"Ah really can help with them books Twilight. May ah help PLEEE"

Apple Bloom really wanted to help out and used her greatest persuasion method in her arsenal, her puppy eyes.

"I don't know…...it just that the weather is getting worse by the minute and.."

"AAASS"

"And it is Everfree Forest.."

"SSEEEE?"

"Apple Bloom I don't..ugh…okay. Just promise to stay close to me okay?" said Twilight as she finally gave in, no longer being able to bear the weight of the books.

"YEA! Ah promise to do exactly as you tell me to do."

Apple Bloom took this opportunity to take half of Twilight's book weight and it immediately brought relief to the purple unicorn.

"Ahh. Thank you Apple Bloom I appreciate it." said Twilight

"Now you better listen to Twilight ya hear little missy?" said Apple Jack in a very stern voice.

"Yes Apple Jack. Ah will listen." replied Apple Bloom with a cute little angel's halo above her head that is, if any of them could see it.

"Well, y'all better get going before this strange weather gets any worse, and ah gotta get this tired brother of mine to the barn before he completely falls asleep out here." Said Apple Jack heading to her brother. She pulled him up by his mane and wrapped her right front leg up and proceeded to guide him back to the barn.

"Okay Apple Bloom lets go." commanded Twilight.

"Let's go!" said Apple Bloom.

For the first 3 minutes, Apple Bloom wouldn't stop talking nonstop about her adventures with her friends.

"And then she was like….BOOM! Cake was everywhere!" rambled on Apple Bloom.

Twilight was starting to regret her decision of bringing Apple Bloom, as the young filly was starting to get on her nerves. Twilight quickly thought to herself,

"Maybe the weight was better…"

She had to steer the conversation to something more of her taste. It is not that she didn't like the little filly, not at all, but the conversation was really starting to kill her brain cells if that was even possible.

"So Apple Bloom, what did you learn in school today?"

"Oh, nothing really. Just stuff on humans.., but when Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.."

"Humans! Wow that is fascinating! I remember that subject from my old filly days! What theories did you learn?"

Realizing that Twilight wasn't going to change the subject back, she decided to talk about the boring topic.

"Well, according to my book it said that humans had flyin' machines and they supposedly went to the moon."

Twilight's mind immediately began filling up scenarios about humans. She was busy processing how the supposed mysterious humans could have done such things. She then rambled her thoughts out as fast as a hamster on coffee.

"Wow! I wonder how they could do that. Magic? No, not capable. Flying machine? How could they breath? Suit perhaps? Perplexing."

"Ah darn it. What can of worms did ah open up? Now ah regret coming along." Said Apple Bloom with her head down in disappointment…again.

Twilight just kept rambling on about different things about humans, most of it just rehashed from the book she read earlier during school. They both continued walking until they got to Everfree forest entrance. Neither of them really noticed that the weather was getting more gray by every minute, however slow it was. Neither of them would realize the nightmare that lay ahead. Well, at least for Apple Bloom that is…..


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh oh! Things are getting thicker and the pieces are coming together. This chapter took me all day to complete having to go back and forth on Google. I researched almost everything I could on the characters, the Story of the Blanks story and the Super Filly Adventure. I tried to find out much about the Blood Hooves as best I can and as far as I can tell they were inspired from the Story of the Blank originally. In Super Filly Adventure, they freely roamed Everfree forest and killed Luna (bastards). I also had a tough time debating whether I should bring in Jade from SFA, but decided against it as having to characters from both stories was tough enough. She might make a cameo later on if I can fill some room out that it is. There were 2 game references but both pertained to the same game. Can you guess which game it is? Next Chapter will primarily feature the main character of the story as well as Princess Luna and Apple Bloom. Stay tuned and as always tell me what you think by giving me a review!