• Published 20th Aug 2012
  • 15,726 Views, 1,829 Comments

Battle of the Blanks - HumanSVD



Human in Story of the Blanks. Has some violence and swearing. Meant for teen and up.

  • ...
84
 1,829
 15,726

Oh C'MON!


Friday had finally came for Konrad Ford. He just knew that the moment he woke up, today was going to kick ass.

"Finally! Today is the day for plinking! I'm going to take my Chinese SVD, Tula AKM, and my new Bulgarian Makarov!", exclaimed a very energetic Konrad.

He had been waiting for this day ever since he finally got his leave approved from his flight chief. Being in the Air Force certainly had its perks whether it be tuition, pay, or assignments. Hell, his first TDY was in Barbados for crying out loud! He certainly enjoyed bragging about it to one of his close friends since middle school, who had chosen to join the marines a half year later after he joined the Air Force. Recently, he had been working his ass off due to increased duties, a six month deployment which he just returned from two months ago, and testing for SSgt which to say the least was nerve racking for him.

Not today though, which was the first day off he had since he got back (minus the mandatory 4 days off per Squadron rules). While most of his deployed crew and fellow Airman took leave, he had work that still needed to be done such as: PT test, Aircrew Evaluation Re certification, and Staff Testing. All of these were very stressful to say the least, even though flying on AWACS was a pretty easy gig, as long as you knew what you were doing, and did it with in regulations. He had just recently completed all of those things and had passed them all except for Staff. It wasn't because he failed or passed, he just plain didn't now the results of the test. The results wouldn't be released in a month or so, which all he could do was wait until it did.

Being an Senior Airman and following orders was pretty easy enough, but starting to become a leader was a little bit different. He always thought it would be easier when he advanced in rank, but it only got harder. More people started expecting more from him when he got his job down and he needed to do more if he wanted to stay in the military longer. He knew he was always welcome to come home should anything happen, but as a young self respecting man that was something he would like to avoid. He had grown attached being independent and going home after military service was simply unacceptable. He had 3 years left and if he made Staff Sergeant he would get the option to stay in longer should he decide to.

He immediately got out of bed, and proceeded to shower and shave. When that was done he was trying to decide what to wear for the plinking/zombie training. "Hmmm.", he pondered and after thinking what to wear and proceeded to pick an his running shoes, slightly worn carpenters pants, olive drab soviet t-shirt, and his favorite gray/black Mexican Hoodie. He wanted to dress vaguely in soviet military style, seeing how he had fancy for Soviet/Russian equipment which perplexed many of his military buds who were 'Murican!' type guys. But considering the whole terrorism scare nowadays he decided against it.

"Could always change when I get there...yeah...why the hell not!" as he walked off to his second bedroom.

His second bedroom contained all of his weapons, gear, and ammunition. There was a work bench against the wall that had a vice, some plastic drawers that had spare parts/tools, and above it was reprints of the old soviet small arms diagram charts. These were not only cool looking but were a handy reference tool, and best of all they were English versions. There was the AKM, AK74, SVD, Makarov, Mosing Nagant, and the PSO-1 scope diagram poster displayed in that order starting left to right above the work bench. Underneath the bench were plastic chem bags that held the majority of his survival gear such as gas masks, helmets, vests, Camouflage, and MREs.

During his first year of the Air Force, he took part in the Winter Survival course that all Aircrew must go through. Unfortunately for him, it was in the middle of the Washington State 2008 blizzard that hit in early January producing ungodly amounts of snow and -25 degree weather. Despite this the experience was a very helpful lesson in survival. He also learned about evading the enemy as well, and resistance techniques too. An expert he was not, but he knew more than the average person did concerning survival situations.

He then proceeded to grab his duffel bag, and stuff it with the following: his KZS-1 sniper over suit, a used pair of black combat boots, modified tactical Vymple vest in the same KZS-1 pattern camo, Russian naval stripped shirt and his olive drab shemagh.

"Now to grab the rest of the equipment. Let's see umm...my GP-4 mask, a sharpened Bakelite Type 2 bayonet, emergency radio with coordinate locator, and a few MREs."

After packing the whole bag with the equipment, he proceeded to drop it off in his living room. When this was done he immediately went back in the second room. Walking straight to the closet doors, he slid them apart and revealed a metal wall locker that contained his firearms and ammunition crates.

"Now for the weapons! YEAAH!"

He first grabbed his Bulgarian Makarov, loaded it with rounds, and kept it in his hidden holster under the hoodie. Konrad just recently got his CC license not too long ago and felt a bit more safe when going out. It was just right for him, accurate, lethal, and compact. He then grabbed his Tula AKM kit built rifle wrapped in a wool rifle cover, and his Chinese SVD (his most prized possession) wrapped in the same cover. After dropping them in living room, it was time to grab his ammo crates and mags. There were 3 wooden crates and inside them contained 2 spam cans worth of ammo such as: 7.62 x 54r FMJ, 7.62 x 39 HP, and 9 x 18 Makarov FMJ.

Needless to say it was a lot fucking ammo approximately 5000 rounds at the most. Konrad loved to buy crates of these when ever he had spare cash that wasn't consumed by bills. Last but not least, his mags were in a small rubber chem sack that once held his GP-4 mask. He grabbed the bag under the bench and opened it up. Inside the mags were 6 SVD mags, 4 steel AKM mags, 6 Orange-Red bakelite AKM mags, and 6 Makarov mags. Satisfied everything was there, he closed the bag and took it with him to the living room.

Finally all of his stuff was in the living room and Konrad quickly began to take inventory. Everything that he needed (wanted) to bring was there as he planned on being there all day hotting whatever was at the plinking grounds. The "Plinking Grounds" was actually land that was open to the public for hunting. Most people, however, went there to just shoot stuff. Sometime people would bring fruit, soda, exploding targets and sometimes dead appliances. Every now and then the occasional Deputy would come out just to see and be seen. Hell, they were actually pretty cool about it seeing the average guy shooting and when word spread among them about the spot, they too would come out on their own for some fun. Remembering this Konrad simply thought to himself,

"Man, thank God for America! Life is pretty good I have to admit."

A slight rumble in his stomach alerted him to the fact that it was breakfast. Making his way into the Kitchen, he scanned the room for whatever caught his eye. After spotting a box Pops, he poured himself a bowl which he quickly devoured.

"Jacked up and good to go!" with as much gruff his voice could produce.

He then sat in front of his computer and proceeded to watch something so different, that had his past self traveled into the future and witnessed him enjoying this particular cartoon, he would have asked for his man card. The cartoon in question was non other than...My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

He used to be a very serious troll towards people, furries in particular. Probably one of his greatest regrets was when he trolled his friend's forum that pertained to the cartoon Balto. They didn't speak for a month afterwards, but eventually Konrad apologized for his douche behavior. Luckily his friend forgave him, and they still hung out together before he had to move to Japan, which he was no doubt stoked about. He was and still is a furry, but Konrad just didn't care anymore. Well, there was still Xbox live trolling which was always fun. If his friend ever found out about his habit, he would no doubt blab non stop and say,

"See! I told you so!" with a smile that even Japanese anime couldn't top.

He then silently thought about that scenario for a second as the episode of MLP was starting on his screen.

"Your brony! AHAHAH! And you gave me shit about being a furry!"

"I ain't a furry GODDAMMIT!"

"I didn't say you were a furry now did I ?"

"Shut up..."

"Admit it!" still laughing, "Your a brony!"

"I said shut it!"

"Dude, its okay your a brony. I don't have anything against you. I mean c'mon I'm a furry. At least you don't have a fursona, if that makes you feel better."

"Uh huh"

"C'mom admit it"

"I'm a brmmrmm..."

"What was that? Could you speak in to my good ear I though I heard you call yourself a..." leaning his left ear just like Jim Carrey did in the movie Ace Ventura.

"I'm a Brmmmm...you know what? Screw you! I don't have to admit anything to you!"

"OH C'MON!"

Breaking out of his day dream, Konrad was suddenly realized he hadn't been paying attention to the MLP episode in front of him. Turned out the computer randomly picked one of his most favorite episodes which featured the Cutie Mark Crusaders, "Hearts and Hooves Day". He immediately laughed at what had just happened, thinking his day was starting to progress rather oddly. Hell, it was as if some unknown force was trying to beckon him to be a brony. The episode featured one of his favorite non main characters, Apple Bloom. When he saw her do the heart wrench face, he wished he could just hug the little filly to make her better. He also remembered that damn Creepy Pasta game and comic called, "Story of the Blanks".

When he finally beat it, he was glad she made it out, but wished he could save her himself and get rid of those damn Blanks. Also, the Super Filly Adventure bad ending pissed him off too. How dare they eat that filly named Jade! And Luna too! She is awesome! It was this point he started to day dream again. He quickly made a silent vow that if he ever saw any of them in trouble he would help them and wipe the scum known as the Blanks and Blood Hooves off the face of Equestria. But this also brought the question up again. He then thought about it real hard before asking himself,

"Am I a brony? Ummmm..." saying the sentence out loud to himself. Almost as soon he said it..

"OH C'MON!"

"What the fuck?!"

"OH C'MON!"

"No Sweetie Belle!"

"OH C'MON!"

"Oh great, the computer is glitching."

"OH cMOnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN "

The computer then stuttered the phrase just like a real screwed up Microsoft Sam would before finally shutting down.

"Well, that was weird. Wonder why it did that?", saying to himself out loud. "Whatever. I've screwed off long enough."

It was at this point he grabbed his keys and wallet, and left the living room to his garage. Inside was his trusty Ford Bronco which although had seen better days, was still kicking. Opening the back revealed a lot of garbage he neglected to remove, so he quickly set about getting rid of numerous red bull cans and paper grocery bags. When the task was done, he proceeded to load up all of his stuff into the Bronco. Just before opening the drivers door he knew he forgot something.

"My iPod!"

He went back into his living room and grabbed his ipod. This baby had all of his favorite songs, which were really a big bag of random songs that he found cool such as: "Syrsa Yonk", "Shut up Woman! Get on my Horse", and. He then headed back to the Bronco and started the car after opening the garage door with his clicker. He felt being adventurous today, and decided to have his iPod play the song "Tempest" by Pendulum which for some reason reminded him of the MiG29A Fulcrum fighter jet. Releasing the brake, he slowly left his house's garage and closed the door with the clicker. He noticed the sky was a bit overcast out, and it was kinda creepy like in those games and movies you see.

"Okay, the sky is really creepy, but it ain't raining, so fuck it."

Eventually, he found the highway and was able to leave the Raccoon City Limits and off towards the Plinking Grounds near that one town called Silent Hill.

"Hmm dull name if you ask me. Well, Plinking Grounds here I come. Zombies and Blanks beware."

Little did he know that his nightmare was just beginning...


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there you have it folks my first chapter. What do you think? Suggestions? There were 3 video game references there, 2 are obvious, one not so much. A lot of stuff he's got doesn't he? And what will await him? And will he ever come to terms with being a brony? Let's hope Sweetie Belle isn't disappointed. Hope you enjoyed the first chapter let me know what you think.