• Published 19th Oct 2019
  • 445 Views, 2 Comments

Twin Sister’s day - Ace Pony Stories



A story about Starry Twinkle and Lilac Glow

  • ...
 2
 445

The Festival

In Equestria, it was a bright Summer day. This day marked the 25th Festival of the Two Sisters. This day Starry Twinkle and Lilac Glow were sitting in their shared bedroom.

“Come on Starry! Don’t you want to go to the festival while everyone gets set up?” Lilac asked.

Starry looked out of their window seeing large groups of ponies putting up tents and booths for the celebration. The unicorn filly, “There’s sure a lot of ponies out there.”

Lilac jumped on to the bed and stood right next to her twin sister, “Come on Starr you have to get out there. Who knows maybe Nebula Cloud is down there.”

The unicorn felt her face heat up as her normally purple coat turned to a bright pink. The name of the colt alone was enough make her blush.

“Soooo?” Lilac leaned closer her.

Starry paused there were some fillies and colts looking around already so he could be there. L-let’s go.”

The fillies ran out of their room, but before reaching the end of the hall a voice made them stop in their tracks, “Starry, Lilac where are you two going?”

The fillies whipped their heads towards the voice meeting the eyes of one of their mothers Lemon Hearts holding their younger brother in her fore hoof.

“We’re just going to see the festival set up.” Lilac explained.

Lemon smiled walking up to the pair, “Ok. But remember you have to be back before Momma and I get ready to start the ceremony.”

Starry nodded softly relying, “W-we know.”

The older unicorn walked up to her twin foals giving both of them a tender motherly kiss on their foreheads, “Have fun I love you.”

“We love you too Mommy.” Starry embraced the mare.

The twins rushed out of the castle and into the streets of Canterlot running by many creatures as they came across the entrance to the beloved celebration

The several booths were being set up. Many different creatures running them. The young princesses wondered through the yard Starry staying close to her younger twin. Lilac kept talking to everyone while her older twin stayed silent and close.

The twins ran into a group of their schoolmates that included two colts and filly. After they started talking the group began talking about their families.

Lilac chuckled, “Hey Starr remember when Silver got in to his diaper bag.”

Y-yeah. He was wearing two on his head when Momma found him.”

“-and the floor was covered in foal powder and cream.” Lilac added.

The sisters chuckled remembering their little brother’s antics.

“Oh, you two did equally ridiculous things when you were his age.” An amused voice came from behind them.

The twins turned their heads looking behind them. Standing there was their teenage older sister Lunar Gleam.

“Can we know?” A unicorn pony colt named Nebula Cloud asked.

“N-no!”

Lunar slid her glasses towards her eyes, “Come on girls. A princess should always be kind to her subjects.”

The twins were about to object to the sister but the alicorn completely ignored them and told the worst, most embarrassing stories she could tell.

“Well Lilac was very fussy about her pacifier, she hated it like it killed her family but she loved sucking on Starry’s horn. Some days she probably put more hair than food into her mouth.”

The twins’ classmates barely stifled their laughter. One of them was a pegasus filly named Icy Tulip said, “Wow! Teething on a horn?”

Lilac felt her face heat up. But just as Starry smiled, Lunar continued and told her embarrassing story.

“And Starr well she loved my and our mom’s wings. She pulled out feathers almost every time and she even when she didn’t needed to be rocked to sleep in Mom’s wings and trust me if feathers didn’t grow back I’d have two bear appendages on my sides.”

Starry joined her sister having her face turn bright red. In both anger and embarrassment the twins shirked, “LUNAR!”

The third member of the group a unicorn colt had to walk away from laughing so hard.

“Wait!” Icy turned to her two schoolmates, “See you later Lilac, Starry.”

Lilac turned around as the three foals walked away.

Starry gave an uncharacteristic glare towards her older sibling, “Did you have to do that. Especially in front of Nebula.”

Lunar chuckled ruffling the unicorn’s mane, “So that was your little crush? Was that other colt yours
Lilac?”

Lilac turned slightly blushing not saying a word.

Lunar used her magic pinching the earth pony’s cheek, “I’ll take that as a yes. I’ll see you later.”

The alicorn flew away leaving the two embarrassed foals behind.

“Why didn’t you-?”

Lilac cut her sister off, “I don’t want her to know. She’d just tease me like she does to you.”

The unicorn grumbled, “At least we’d be even.

Lilac recovered from the embarrassment her sister caused her. The twins resumed their day.

While sitting in an empty area the twins were talking about the little incident. “L-Lila are you going to say anything to Momma or Mommy about-?”

Before the younger twin could reply a puff of smoke flowed in between them and materialized into a rolled scroll.

“Huh?” Lilac unrolled the scroll. Immediately recognizing the writing as her mother’s, “It’s from Momma. She needs us back at the castle to start getting ready.”

Starry took the scroll with her magic and read it herself, “Let’s go then.”

[Later]

The castle was bustling as the Royal Family prepared for the festival.

Twilight sighed, “Ok, now we just give Starry and Lilac their regalia when they’re back.”

Lemon looked up to her much taller wife, “This is really important to you this year.”

“Of course it is. It’s been a quarter of a century since we became the ruling princesses of Equestria and started the Festival of the Two Sisters.” Twilight explained turning to the yellow unicorn.

“Then let’s make this the best celebration yet.” Lemon smiled standing on the tips of her hooves as Twilight lowered her head. The couple’s lips met with a kiss.

Lunar and her younger sister Sunlight Sprout fake gaged seeing their mothers showing affection, “Ewww!

“Looks like our daughters find us gross.” Lemon smirked

Twilight returned the gesture.

After that the twins burst into the room.

“We’re back!” Lilac exclaimed. Breathing heavily from running so long.

Starry came in right behind her twin.

Lemon stepped forward, “Ok you two let’s get you ready for the opening ceremony.”

The two sat in front in front of their mothers. Lemon styled her earth pony daughter’s mane into formal curly ponytail and fashioned the young filly’s golden tiara into her hair. The filly put her necklace around her neck. The piece of jewellery was a golden string and purple star with a yellow diamond in the centre.

Lilac jumped off her chair followed by Starry, who had her usually hidden left eye in plain view her mane curled to the side and wearing a bracelet on each fore hoof.

“Ok girls everypony is waiting for us.”

[Later]

It’s was close to sunset and the on stage stood Twilight with her family behind her. The crowed cheered as their princess lifted the mic to her mouth, “Welcome everybody, to the 25th Festival of the Two Sisters!”

The crowed cheers resumed.

“Thank you. This celebration is important for years Celestia and Luna lead us through many hard times. So today we celebrate the all they did for us. No all creatures, young and old. Welcome our own Celestia and Luna!” Twilight’s voice echoed.

In a gap between the family on stage. The two alicorns stepped up to the younger mare nodding

Twilight resumed her opening speech, “Now I officially declare the celebration OPEN!”

Lemon smiled meeting her wife off the sage. Twilight brought the unicorn close with her large wing.

“That was an great opening speech Twilight.” Celestia stepped towards her former student.

“Thank you. This was a big celebration for this holiday.”

Lunar stepped up to her mothers, “Can I go now?”

Twilight and Lemon looked at each other, “Of course you can.” Lemon smiled

“But Sunlight stay close to one of your sisters.” Twilight added

The pale yellow unicorn nodded, “Ok Momma I’ll stay with Starry.”

The older unicorn nodded at her little sister.

The siblings left their parents and explored the entire celebration. Sunlight stayed close to Starry and Lilac through the whole event not leaving her older siblings at any time.

Lilac found all sorts of creatures to talk to. But at a stand the earth pony heard a familiar voice.

“Lilac!”

The purple filly looked towards the voice, The sound belonged to her classmate Icy Tulip, “Icy?”

The pegasus stepped forward towards her friend, “Your Mom’s speech was great.”

“Y-yeah it was.” Lilac said seemingly distracted.

Icy stopped next the other filly, “You want to hang out a bit?”

“S-Sure.” Lilac replied more like her twin than herself.

“Umm Starr would mind if we just left on our own?”

“It’s fine.” Starry smiled.

“Then let’s go!” Icy grabbed Lilac’s hoof and all but flew away from the group.

[Later]

Twilight and Lemon walked through the roads of the festival. The couple soon came across their daughter Lilac Glow with a pegasus filly a distance away. As they got closer they were able to hear what the girls were saying.

Lilac asked, “So do you want to hang out more… m-maybe at the castle.”

“I’d like that.” Icy smiled her eyes giving a shine for a brief moment.

Even from a distance Lemon saw the look in the filly’s eye, “Oooo. My little girl has an admirer!

The two young ponies saw the earth ponies parents a distance from them.

“Oh your Moms are over there.” Icy pointed out, “Maybe we should just spend more time at school and just spend tonight with our families?”

Lilac turned to her mothers with Lemon waving at her. When she replied, “Yes.”

Icy turned away but was stopped by her a voice her friend suddenly said, “W-wait one more thing!”

“What is-“ Icy started before Lilac leaned forward and gave a peck on the cheek.

Lilac turned away from her and ran towards her mothers.

Twilight smiled seeing her daughter run up, “So who’s you’re little friend over there?”

Lilac looked back, “She’s just a friend from school.”

Lemon smirked, “We don’t think so. You don’t kiss ‘just a friend’ on the cheek.”

Lilac blushed unable to say another word. Then she felt a tap on her side.

“Um L-Lilac?” Icy blushed as well.

Lilac felt herself internally stop as the filly she just kissed was in front of her panicking if she’d ruined her friendship.

But Icy quickly returned the gesture she was given, “I like you too.” she whispered and ran off.

Lilac stood stunned as the pegasus disappeared around the corner.

“So still saying she’s just a friend?” Twilight asked in a more teasing manner.

Lilac smiled and jumped in place, “She like me.”

The mothers grabbed their daughter in their magic and brought her into a hug. The family soon got back together and spent the night together. Lilac still remembered what Icy had done and the fact she liked her back.

Author's Note:

I wrote this as a written assignment for college

Comments ( 2 )

the poor little colt baby brother 4 bigger sisters...
but what cute little familie AU.

Login or register to comment