• Published 23rd Mar 2020
  • 1,948 Views, 155 Comments

A New Life - arc5162



I wake up in equestria after a very long sleep. Also, I am an A.I.

  • ...
13
 155
 1,948

Chapter 7: To be King

Now that everything for the new village was set up, there was just one more thing to do, decide who should lead this new village. However, upon asking the rest of the village, they immediately chose me.

“Why me”, I asked, confused about why they so quickly chose me to lead them all.

“Because you helped us in our hour of need and gave us a new home. You never asked anything in return, that is the mark of a great leader.”

I didn’t know what to say at first, but after a few moments, I gave my answer.

“It would be a honor to lead you, I promise that I will lead you to a bright future.”

“And I will join you”, said Maple.

“Really?”

“After these past 10 years, I grew to think of you not only as a friend, but as a lover, I would love to rule with you as queen.”

I was shocked, it had been a long time since I had been shocked. However, truth be told, I grew to love her as well, her brilliant mind and kind heart had won me over over time.

“Let it be done”, I said, before turning to the crowd, “my new subjects, you selected me to be your king, but now you have a queen as well.”


3 weeks later


After 3 weeks of preparation, the coronation and wedding had been combined into a single ceremony. The big day had come, I hadn’t felt like this since my first wedding 500,000 years ago. But this time, I was also becoming a king.

The deer who me I had rescued not long ago, now my new subjects, had set up a nice seating arrangement behind my house with my old back yard converted into the aisle where I would walk down to me married, then we would be coronated king and queen. And for the occasion, I pulled an old recording out of my memory banks of the vows needed to make this a proper Irish wedding and coronation. Once everything was ready, I stood at the alter, ready for the ceremony. I had taken the recording and with a bit of programming, made a holographic deer to act as the priest for the wedding and coronation.

Then, I saw my bride and queen coming down the aisle, wearing a modified version of the same wedding dress my human wife wore all those years ago. She was beautiful.

Once she arrived by my side, I set the priest I created to work, and the ceremony started.

“Welcome all, we are all gathered here to day to beer witness to the union of your new king and queen. These two have chosen not only to commit to the pursuit of leading this great village, to help it grow and prosper through the years. But they have also chosen to commit to themselves, to help each other in the hard times they will endure, and to be with each other for those happy moments yet to come.”

“Do you, King Lugh, vow to forever look after this new village, to help it prosper, and to always take care of your wife, to promise to be true to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. To will love and honor her all the days of her life?”

“I do.”

“And do you, Queen Maple, vow to forever look after this new village, to help it prosper, and to always take care of your husband, to promise to be true to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. To will love and honor him all the days of his life?”

“I do.”

“Then with the power vested in me, I present the rings and crowns.”

He then ushered forward another deer, holding a small pillow holding the crowns and the special rings bands I made to fit around our forelegs. We then proceeded to place the rings and crowns on each other.

“I now pronounce you King and Queen, you may kiss the bride.”

And in that moment, we kissed, sealing our marriage and our vows to rule together. Then, the clouds above parted, the light of the sun shining down on us, as if nature herself was congratulating us. The deer sitting before us stood up, cheering and congratulating us, proud that they have a king and queen to lead them to a better future.

Unseen to everyone else, I looked to Maple, and I shed a tear of joy. The first tear in countless centuries.

Yes, I was never going to be alone again.