• Published 23rd Mar 2020
  • 1,948 Views, 155 Comments

A New Life - arc5162



I wake up in equestria after a very long sleep. Also, I am an A.I.

  • ...
13
 155
 1,948

Chapter 11: Magic Lessons

Today was one of the best days I’ve had in a long time, Maple was now Immortal, We could both lead this village forever and help others along the way. But now, I had to teach the other deer how to use magic, including Maple. So, with Maple’s help, I gathered all the deer into the village center, right in front of my house, to give the announcement.

“Everyone gather round”, I said, “I have a very important announcement for all of you.”

Once all of the deer had gathered, I began speaking.

“I gathered you all here to fulfill a promise I made to all of you 6 months ago, I will now teach all of you to use magic.”

Once I said that, everyone gasped, then began talking amongst each other, excited that they were now learning to use magic.

“Ok, I want everyone to close your eyes. Imagine a flowing river of energy. That energy is the Aether, it’s energy is present and flowing through all living things, the plants, the animals, and you. Now imagine that energy flowing around your antlers, guiding you, showing you the way.”

Then, one by one, all the deers antlers lit up with various colors, with Maple’s being a light green.

“Good, good, now open your eyes.”

Once they did, they noticed the glowing of their antlers.

“Woah”, Maple said, eyes filled with amazement, “my antlers are glowing.”

“I know.”

After the amazement of their antlers glowing eventually died down, they turned back to me, ready for the next step.

“Ok, now I want you to imagine that same energy again, but this time, imagine it flowing from your antlers and around the rocks I placed in front of you, use that energy to lift the rock.”

After a few minutes of trial and error, everyone eventually was able to lift their rocks into the air, surrounded by different colored auras, and move them around a little. Everyone was amazed, they spend about 10 minutes after that talking to each other, telling each other how amazing it was to move something without touching it.

“Very good everyone, now I want you to practice lifting objects with your magic, gradually working up to heavier items.”

Once everyone agreed, they all went their separate ways, and Maple came back to me.

“That was amazing, I moved that rock without even touching it.”

“I know, and with your newly gained immortality, your magic is even stronger than the rest of them. I can do personal lessons with you to help you control it.”

“I can’t wait to get started.”


About 5 months later, in the middle of June, everything was in full swing. After teaching the deer about magic, they immediately began training to lift heavier items. Eventually, they started using magic for their various jobs, including gathering wood for the cold winter 4 months ago.

However, I could tell that something wasn’t quite right. Everyone went about their day with caution, sleeping with one eye open. One day, I asked Maple to go out and gather information as to what was going on. When she came back a few hours later, she gave me some rather concerning news. Everyone, despite being saved, were still on edge due to Grogar. I tried giving a speech to let them know that they were all safe there, but they told me they because they now had magic, they were now a target for Grogar, who had been stealing magic from everyone he came across to gain evermore power.

This would not do. So the next day after giving the speech, I gathered them to the village center again to show them an idea I had that night, and to try to calm them of their fears.


“Everyone, I know that you are all afraid that Grogar will find you again, but I called you all here once again to reassure you that he will never find this place. Before you arrived, this house was hidden for centuries. Maple only found it by accident when she was wandering the forest.”

“But what if he finds it too”, said one of the Druids, speaking for the rest of the deer, “what if he comes across it the same way we did, it’s only a matter of time before he finds us.”

“I thought of that, if anyone even gets close, I can seal the barrier to prevent anyone from getting in.”

“That still doesn’t help if he finds us, he’ll keep coming back until he gets what he wants.”

“That’s why I called you all here, I have come up with a solution, watch closely.”

Once I said that, I focused my own magic again, the aura turning a deep green just like Maple’s. After a moment, branches from the forest gathered together, forming an almost organic shape. Once the process was done, what stood in front of the deer was a large, wooden wolf.

Everyone gasped, eyes filled with fear.

“Don’t worry everyone, it won’t hurt you. This is something I came up with just last night, I call it a Timber Wolf. This creature I created will act as a guardian for not just the village, but the entire forest. If anyone gets within 100 miles of this village, this timber wolf, and many more I create, will keep them away.”

With that, everyone began cheering. My idea had worked, with a new creature around to guard them, they could go about their lives worry free. Now that they don’t have to worry about Grogar finding hem anymore, I just have to make sure that a worse enemy doesn’t find them either.

Someone far worse.