• Published 23rd Mar 2020
  • 1,948 Views, 155 Comments

A New Life - arc5162



I wake up in equestria after a very long sleep. Also, I am an A.I.

  • ...
13
 155
 1,948

Chapter 2: A New Day

Today should have started like any other day. Waking up from sleep mode, performing a system diagnostic, and checking the perimeter cameras to eventually see a wild forest animal. However, today was not a normal day, today was different, today, I was no longer alone.

Meanwhile, Maple was just starting to wake up, her eyes fluttering as she slowly sat up. She then winced a little and laid back down. As she was holding her stomach in pain, I appeared once again to greet her.

"Good morning Maple."

"Oh, good morning Lugh."

"How did you sleep?"

"Very well, my best sleep in days."

"That's good, how are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling better." she said, after looking at her abdomen and seeing the stitches, she spoke up. "What did you do?"

"I healed you by stitching everything back together."

"Stitching?"

"Think of it like tying 2 bits of skin back together with very tiny string, what I did was close that hole in your chest from the blade."

"Oh, ok."

"What would you like for breakfast?"

After thinking for a moment, she spoke, "Do you have any fruit?"

"One moment," I said, then I closed my body's eyes and started up the old food synthesizers in the kitchen, quickly making a bowl full of grapes, strawberries, and blueberries.

“Here,” I said, “I have some fruit right here for you.”

“Thanks.”

Then she proceeded to eat the whole bowl of fruit, acting like she hadn’t eaten in days, which she probably hasn’t. After she was done, I took the bowl back to the kitchen then came back to sit next to her.

“I still can’t thank you enough for saving my life.”

“Oh, it was nothing, I couldn’t just leave you out there, you could have died.”

“By the way, I need to go take care of something for a moment, will you be ok here?”

“Of course”, she responded.

After that, I went back to my computer body to immediately start scanning her in more detail, and when I did, I discovered a few things about her. First, her biology is almost identical to that of a human, minus the ability to digest meat. Second, did a brain scan and discovered that her IQ was off the charts, just like mine. And third, I discovered that, like me, she was near sighted. That last discovery confused me even further, because how could she have wandered all the way here, wounded, losing blood, and with blurry vision.

After making those discoveries, I thought for a moment. She has so much potential, but because she was born in her culture’s equivalent of the Bronze age, she wasn’t taught anything except how to serve a future husband. So after thinking it through, I decided to give her a proper education, to teach her everything I know, and maybe when she was older, she could help me out with my aging systems.


Once I made my decision, I appeared to her again to tell her the good news.

“Hey Maple.”

“Yes?”

“I wanted to ask, have you ever noticed that you are really smart?”

“I suppose so, I guess I understood the caretaking lessons better than my friends.”

“Well, I was thinking, and I decided to teach you everything I know, to give you a proper education.”

“Really, so I can learn what the bucks learn?”

“Even more, you will get to learn about stuff they never knew.”

“Thank you”, she said, sitting up slowly to hug me.

“You’re welcome.”

I was surprised at first, this was the first time I had been hugged or even had physical contact with someone in 500,000 years.

I liked it.