• Published 23rd Mar 2020
  • 1,947 Views, 155 Comments

A New Life - arc5162



I wake up in equestria after a very long sleep. Also, I am an A.I.

  • ...
13
 155
 1,947

Chapter 4: The Truth

After that day, the day she surprised me, I continued to teach her all that I knew, from math and science, to physics and biology. As she continued to learn, she continued to surprise me, having near photographic memory and a very creative mind, she even helped me come up with a few new designs for inventions. I thought to myself, I could have used her in my company all those years ago.


10 Years Later


She had done it, she had graduated from my lessons. I couldn’t be more proud. I gave her an official graduation ceremony, then proceeded to hug her.

After hugging for a good 5 minutes, I decided that it was finally time, I would let her see me, the real me.

“I think you’ve earned a reward Maple.”

“Really?”

“Yes, but first, I wanted to tell you that today is my birthday.”

“Oh, well happy birthday, how old are you?”

After making a few quick calculations, I answered her.

“500,208 to be exact.”

After hearing this, her jaw dropped.

“How are you that old?!”, she screamed, but stopped when she heard what she said, “No offense.”

“None taken, the reason I’m that old is because I’m immortal.”

“Really, How?”

“It was gifted to me a long time ago. You see, before I was gifted with immortality, I was getting close to death. The people of my time were able to save me from death and make me what I am now.”

“There were others like you?”, she asked, “But my village elder taught us that there was no one else before us.”

“That’s because my people died a long time ago, I am now and forever will be the last of my kind.”

She looked scared and sad for a moment, but then asked me another question.

“How did they die?”

“They killed themselves”, I answered, “There was a war, a war that consumed the entire planet. In the end, they released the ultimate weapon, a weapon that rained fire from the sky, It killed everyone, everyone but me. After they were all gone, the magic released by the weapon sped up your evolution, accomplishing in 500,000 years what used to take millions.”

“I’m so sorry, I had no idea you were the last.”

“It’s ok, after the end, I found purpose in protecting nature, just like my ancestors did before me.”

After a minute or two of silence, I decided to continue.

“Also, I want to show you something.”

“What?”

“Me, the real me.”

“Isn’t this the real you?”

“No, I’m just using magic to give myself a physical form you can talk to, the real me is in here”, pointing to my bedroom, the room I never left.

“Why are you in there, can’t you come out?”

“Unfortunately, no, Immortality came with a price, my true form can never leave this room.”

“Why?”

“I think its best if you see for yourself.”

With that, I cancelled the spell, letting my physical form vanish in a flash of golden light. Watching with the camera outside my room, I saw her expression, she was shocked at first, but then spoke up.

“So the real you is in here?”

“Yes”, I said switching to my built in speakers, “Come on in.”

I opened my bedroom door, waiting for her to come in, and when she did, she was amazed.

Author's Note:

Next chapter, Maple meets the real me.