• Published 23rd Mar 2020
  • 1,947 Views, 155 Comments

A New Life - arc5162



I wake up in equestria after a very long sleep. Also, I am an A.I.

  • ...
13
 155
 1,947

Chapter 23: Warning About the Future

July 12, 3965 BBB (Before the Battle of the Bell)

Well, this was it. I was going to tell another my secret, a secret only known by me and Maple. I just hope I can trust her.


Gusty Pov:

Once I heard Lugh speak up, I turned to look at where the voice had come from. It had come from the blinking box in the room.

"What do you mean it's the real you? Where are you? All I see is that blinking box."

"I am the blinking box."

I was shocked to say the least. If Lugh was the blinking box, then how was he walking with me earlier?

After wondering for about 10 minutes, I finally gathered up the courage to ask, "What are you?"


Lugh Pov:

I figured she would ask that. After all, she's never seen anything like me before.

"I'm a computer Gusty, a relic of an age long past."

"A computer? What do you mean age long past? How are you alive?!"

"Easy, easy. I'll explain everything, just hear me out."

"Go on."

After taking a second to prepare myself, I began to explain, using my monitor to display images to help tell the story.


A long long time ago, before anything you know was here, there was another race that dominated this planet, humans.

Humans populated every last corner of this planet with their advanced technology.

I used to be a human myself, living my life just like all the other humans. But one day, I started to fall ill, I nearly died.

However, the smartest humans of my time decided to gift me with immortality. They put my brain into this computer so I could live forever. After that though, things started to take a turn for the worst. The darkness that lay deep inside humanity started to take control. greed, rage, hate, they all corrupted the minds of the humans, turning them against one another.

Arguments lead to fighting, fighting lead to war, and war lead to total destruction.

The war they started consumed the entire planet, ending with them dropping hydrogen bombs on each other, weapons that rained fire and magic from the sky. The resulting fire wiped out the majority of humans on earth, and the magic released by the weapon slowly killed off the rest.

I was now the only one left, having lived because of my immortality. As the years passed, nature took over everything that man had built, and the planet began to heal itself


Hundreds of thousands of years passed since the death of human kind, and something amazing happened, new life began to evolve. The magic released by the hydrogen bombs sped up the evolution of all animals, achieving in 500,000 years what normally takes millions.


"Eventually, Maple here found me here by chance after escaping her destroyed village. I took her in, healed her, and taught her everything I know. After telling her about what I really am, I found refugees wandering the forest, looking for a place to settle down after Grogar destroyed their villages as well. I took them in too, as well as the sheep and cows you can also see in the village. I built them a new home, and they accepted me and Maple as their king and queen."

"Wow", said Gusty, "that was amazing, I cant believe you did all of this for them."

"It was nothing really, I just showed them the kindness they deserve."

I paused for a moment before continuing.

"However, there is something I have to tell you."

"What is it?"


Gusty Pov:

"I've been having some visions lately, ever since you defeated Grogar."

This had me curious

"What kind of visions?"

"Visions of the future Gusty. I saw the distant future."

"What did you see?"

"I saw a great battle taking place, a battle for control of a bell. After the battle, a coronation takes place, followed by Grogar's return."

"What!" I shouted. I couldn't believe this, "Me and the army of ponies I gathered banished Grogar, he is gone forever."

"He will return", he replied, "and when he does, he will try to finish what he started. You need to hide his bell."

I thought for a moment, wondering where I could put such a powerful and dangerous artifact. Then, it hit me.

"I can put it in a cave at the top of mount Everhoof, nopony will ever find it there."


Lugh Pov:

"Good idea, but you should also use a magic barrier just in case."

"Ok", she replied, "But I'm worried though, what if someone finds it?"

"They will, but not for a long time. I promise you Gusty, I will defeat Grogar for good when he comes back."


With that, Gusty the Great's visit was concluded. True to her word, she never told another soul about the village, the secret was safe. We have a big feast in her honor to thank her for all she has done in defeating Grogar. Then, we happily sent off Gusty the Great from our village, hopeful that the future would be bright.

Author's Note:

Next Chapter: Interlude 1