• Published 23rd Mar 2020
  • 1,948 Views, 155 Comments

A New Life - arc5162



I wake up in equestria after a very long sleep. Also, I am an A.I.

  • ...
13
 155
 1,948

Chapter 20: Something New, Something Old

August 12, 3970 BBB (Before the Battle of the Bell)

Today was a very special day. Soon after Redwood and Daisy’s wedding, the other inter-species couples got the confidence to marry as well. However, today would mark a very important moment in history. Today, Redwood and Daisy would have their first children.


As soon as I heard the news, I ran straight to the home of Redwood and Daisy. When I arrived, I saw Redwood and Daisy’s parents huddled around the bed. Daisy was laying down with Redwood at her side, and in her arms were her two children, one boy and one girl. However, the parents all had surprised looks on their faces, and I could see why.

“Are you sure the babies are healthy?” Asked Daisy’s mother Petunia.

“I checked them both over 3 times, they are both very healthy”, I responded.

“But I’ve never seen babies that look like them before.”

“Well, theres never been a deer cow relationship before either, it’s only logical that the babies would look like both of them.”

And they did, both of the babies currently sleeping in their mother’s arms looked like a perfect blend of the 2 parents. The little ones had the thin slender legs of a deer, the body shape and tail of a cow, and the fur pattern looked like a combination of cow spots and deer speckles.

“Both of them are the first of a new species of deer-cow hybrids. There’s no telling how they will change as they grow up, only time will tell.


Later that day, after seeing Redwood and Daisy's new children, I decided to go visit one of my old friends in the village. The very same deer who lead the group of refugees many years ago.

"How are you doing Spruce?"

"I've been better", he responded. I could tell he was getting old. His hair was turning grey and the color of his coat was beginning to dull. He had noticeable wrinkles, and I noticed he was using a walker to help keep himself up.

"I can see that, mind if I-?"

"Of course, please come in."

Before he retired and let his son take over, Spruce was one of the finest woodworkers in the village. The shelves were full of intricate works of art. Small wooden sculptures, intricate Celtic knots on the molding, it was beautiful.

"So, how has the shop been doing?"

"It's been doing well, my son Pine picked up everything I taught him, now he's as good as me."

"That's great. How is your health?"

"It's declining, as usual."

"Its funny really", he said, "my father could never have dreamed of living as long as I have."

"Well, that's what happens when you live in a safer place, you live longer."

We both laughed for a second, before I sighed and responded.

"You know, I actually know what you're going through."

"You do?"

"Yes, I wasn't always immortal, it was gifted to me a long time ago. Before I became immortal, I went through everything you are going through right now. Getting old, hair turning gray, health and mobility declining, I remember it well."

"and when I die?"

"You will go to the Otherworld, where you can be with your friends and family again."

"But, I'm scared."

"Its normal to be scared of death, but I'll tell you exactly what my own father told me when my mother died. When you cross over to the Otherworld, you will be free of all of the pain, the Otherworld is a place were you won't hurt anymore."

After thinking it over for a moment, he smiled.

"Thanks Lugh, you always know what to say to cheer everyone up."

"You're welcome."


At the end of the day, I decided to check how the humans were doing. As a result of hearing that they were now an endangered species, their progress had slowed to a crawl. By my estimates, it would still take them another 3970 years before they figured out light speed travel. I sincerely hope that they use that time to reflect.

Author's Note:

Next chapter: the village receives a very special visitor

P.s. I’m starting university next week, so it will most likely take a while for the next chapter to come out. I will update it, just not as frequently as before.