• Published 23rd Mar 2020
  • 1,948 Views, 155 Comments

A New Life - arc5162



I wake up in equestria after a very long sleep. Also, I am an A.I.

  • ...
13
 155
 1,948

Chapter 17: Learning to Hurl

March 5, 3984 BBB (Before the Battle of the Bell)

It has been a little under a year since the children fell in love, and since then, more and more different species relationships have popped up in the village. In other news, the guards were starting to fall out of practice when it comes to the physical aspects of guarding. So, after searching through my memory banks, I found a solution. One that is not only good for building muscle and stamina, but fun to play and watch.


“Greetings everyone, now I bet you are wondering why I called you all from guard duty to this meeting? Well, I have been noticing that your performance in training exercises has been lacking.”

“It’s not our fault”, said one of the deer guards, “those training exercises get boring after a while.”

“I thought so, so I’ve decided to introduce you to a different form of training. That’s why I had this field built”, I said motioning them to the field I had cleared out.

“I had this field cleared out as part of the new training. It’s actually going to be like a game”

“Ok, what’s it called?”

“It’s called Hurling, it’s an old sport my people played, it helped then build strength, focus, and stamina while also being very fun. I can teach you how to play.”

“Ok, let’s do it.”

So, after concluding that meeting, I began to teach them how to play. Of course, I had to modify the rules a little since the players were not human, but after a few months of training and practice, they were ready.


August 1, 3984

“Greeting everyone, and welcome to this year’s Lughnasadh. I have a special surprise for all of you this year.”

I motioned the guards over before continuing. “This year, the guards will train by playing a match of hurling, and all of you will get to watch.”

The crowds ooh’d in anticipation, before sitting down to watch the game. It started out like any other game, and soon became very competitive. Some of the citizens sitting even stood up to cheer for their family members playing on the field. Eventually though, after about 2 hours, the game ended. Everyone was congratulating the winning team, but the other team still got recognition.

After the game, all of the guards came up to me with smiles on their faces.

“That was so much fun”, said one of the guards, “the running, the swinging, the thrill, I’ve never done anything like that in my life. Thank you so much for showing us this game.”

“You’re welcome, you will all get the chance to play this game every year on Lughnasadh as a part of the festivities. Just be sure to also train the regular way to keep yourselves in peak form, ok?”

“Ok”, said all of the guards, before going back to their normal duties.

I have to admit, I haven’t seen a hurling match in a long time. I had forgotten how fun it was.

Author's Note:

Here’s my inspiration for this chapter.
Hurling Match
Btw, hurling is now my new favorite sport.

Next chapter: I get word of a very important event that has taken place, causing some confusion.

P.s. sorry for the delay, so many things got in the way from car troubles, to preparing for university in the fall, to dealing with my pain in the butt brother. Don’t worry, the next chapter will come out by next Saturday.