• Published 23rd Mar 2020
  • 1,948 Views, 155 Comments

A New Life - arc5162



I wake up in equestria after a very long sleep. Also, I am an A.I.

  • ...
13
 155
 1,948

Chapter 16: Unusual Love

May 5, 3985 BBB (Before the Battle of the Bell)

It had been roughly 6 years since the defensive wall was constructed, and so far nothing had found us. Life had gone on as usual. However, today was interesting. It was only 3 days after Bealtaine, one of the major festivals, and I woke up one morning to something I never expected.


“Who is it?” I asked, opening my door.

Imagine my surprise when I saw a a group of 4 fawns, 2 calves, and 2 lambs, all about 12 years old, standing on my porch. At first I was expecting their parents to be behind them, explaining that their kids had asked them to come see me. But no one was there, it was just these 8 kids.

“What are you kids doing here? Do your parents know you are here?”

“No”, said one of the young fawns, looking very nervous to be in my presence, “we all wanted to ask you something very important.”

“Ok, come on in.”

“You’re letting us into your palace?”

“It’s cute you think this house is a palace, but it’s just a normal house. Anyway, please come in.”

With that, they all came in to my house. Once they were in, they stood there, gawking at the interior. They had never seen a house like mine, they just grew up in one of the many houses I helped build.

“So, what did you want to ask me?”

“Well”, one of the fawns said, worry filling their voice, “we wanted to ask about love.”

“What about love?”

“We were wondering if it was ok to be in love with other species?”

“Of course, there are no rules to love, you can love whoever you want, even if they are a different species. Why do you ask?”

“Well”, one of the fawns said, his hooves motioning over one of the calves, “I love her.”

They then proceeded to hug each other. Soon after, the others started to hug as well, showing that they do indeed love each other. Two of them were hugging a calf, and two were hugging a lamb. To me though, this was very interesting. When founding this village, I never considered different species falling in love.

“We fell in love a few weeks ago”, said the young fawn currently hugging one of the young calves, “but we were afraid to tell our parents. They’re expecting us to find a doe to love, what will they say to this?”

“It’s like I said young one, there are no rules to love. If you love her, that’s completely fine.”

“But our parents”, said another fawn who was hugging a young lamb, “what if they say we can’t be together?”

“Well, I’ll go talk to them to change their minds. Just tell your parents to come here and let me talk to them.”

“Ok.”

After that, they each went their separate ways to go get their parents.


After about an hour, they showed up at my door again, parents in tow.

“Our children said that you wanted to talk to us your majesty?” Said one of the deer.

“Yes”, I said, motioning to the children that they were free to go, “I wanted to say that your children have fallen in love.”

“What?!” Said all of the parents. They then began talking over each other, saying that they wanted their children to love another of their species instead of another. After a minute or two of all of the parents arguing back and forth, I broke up the fighting with a loud “ENOUGH!”

They stopped fighting and turned to me, fear filling their expressions.

“If there is one thing I will not tolerate in this village, it is the treatment of other species as if they are less than others! Every species deserves the same treatment, cows, sheep, deer, it doesn’t matter. Your children grew up not caring that they were friends with cows or sheep or deer, they just see friends. It’s like I explained to them earlier, there are no rules to love. They should be allowed to love who they please. Do I make myself clear?!”

“But why”, asked of the sheep, “why do you see everyone as equals if the physical differences are so obvious?”

“Because, my own kind lead themselves to destruction long ago because they thought others weren’t the same, they thought that just because the skin color was different or the because language or culture was different, that they weren’t equal to others. I will not let this village go down the same path.”

“I understand”, said one of the deer, who was looking at his child and a young calf hugging in the distance, “our children should be allowed to love who they want. Thank you so much your majesty for helping us see that.”

“You’re welcome, I expect you to spread the word about what I told you. About how everyone, no matter the species, deserves to be treated equal.”

“Yes your majesty, goodbye.”

Author's Note:

Next chapter:

I show the guards a new and fun way to train to defend the village. A method involving balls and sticks.