• Published 11th Aug 2012
  • 726 Views, 42 Comments

Cyber burst's training accident - Mr Jelly



Cyburst gets something unexpected when training with Zecora

  • ...
 42
 726

Having Fun with Power and Finding Somthing Worth Fighting for

A/N there is a long description of the second transformation in this chapter. If you don’t want to read it, that’s okay. He looks relatively the same as my profile picture.

Chapter 6: having fun with power

TWILIGHT:

When Cyburst yelled, I could feel the power emanating from him. His body began contort slightly. The horn on his head started to retreat into his head. His coat began to turn a slightly lighter color of red. After ten seconds, the transformation was complete. I’ve never seen anything quite like it, somepony that can change their body structure just by telling it to.

“Well that was… interesting.” Twilight said

“Wow, I’m a Pegasus!” Cyburst said, looking at a new pair of wings that just unfolded themselves.

Cyburst tried to fly, but just fell to the ground with an audible, thump.

“You think you can just get a pair of wings and be able to fly?” Twilight said, laughing as she did. “It takes years for pegasi to learn how to fly.”

CYBURST:

Cyburst frowned, twilight was right. Even if he had wings, he couldn’t just fly.

‘…Cyburst, I think I know how you can fly’ Phoenix said. ‘You’re approaching it the wrong way…’

‘Oh? And how does the “Great and Powerful Phoenix” suggest I approach it.’ Cyburst thought. I don’t know how to fly.’

‘…yes you do,’ Phoenix thought, ‘you just don’t know it…’

‘…Don’t think about what you’re going to do before you do it,’ Phoenix added, ‘just, well, do it.’

‘That’s kind of vague, but I’ll try.’ Cyburst said

Cyburst leaped into the air and flew around the room a few times before landing back down. When he landed he saw a completely shocked twilight staring right at him.

“How did you?.. What did you?.. HUH.” Twilight stammered, amazed at what she just saw.

“The pegasi have nothing on me” Cyburst said, as he slowly did the backstroke in mid-air.

Cyburst landed again he felt a pain ripping through him. He held his head as the pain grew stronger.

‘W-what’s happening?’ Cyburst asked Phoenix.

‘…it seems that this form is unstable,’ Phoenix thought, ‘I’m going to cut the power…’

Like clockwork, Cyburst returned back to his original form. He seemed to be rather sad.
He had only experienced the power for about five minutes, but he knew nothing could ever compare to the feeling he got.

‘…it to my calculations, we must be in a perfect balance of pony and avian to be able to hold a form.’ Phoenix said, he was starting to sound like an egghead. ‘We will also have even control over your body…’

‘So, half and half, is what you’re saying?’ Cyburst asked

‘…that’s exactly what I’m saying…’ Phoenix said getting exited.

“Twilight, I’m going to release 50% of the power.” Cyburst said, “Phoenix said I should be fine.”

“Wait, what? You can’t do that!” Twilight said, getting scared. “You might tear down this whole building!”

“Watch me!” Cyburst and Phoenix said, synchronized “FIFTY PERCENT RELEASE!”

Cyburst let out another otherworldly screech

Twilight:

Twilight was now paralyzed in fear and closed her closed her eyes, but her curiosity got the better of her and she opened them. She was amazed at the change that was taking place.

Cyburst’s coat was becoming more of an orange that red. His mane had retracted into his head and was replaced by what looked like an avian head, but it was more like a helm. He grew back his wings, but they started closer to the shoulders and the feathers looked as hard as steel, as sharp as a scalpel. Cyburst’s skeletal structure was also changing, he was starting to get up on his back legs and his front legs were becoming arms his hooves were becoming more like feet and he grew talons that looked like you wouldn’t want to be touched by them. His tail retreated and his cutie mark moved from his flank to his chest, making an emblem of sorts. Cyburst stood up, at about the same height as Celestia.

“Um… twilight? Why are you cowering in the corner?” Cyburst asked, he didn’t notice the change he’d just been through.

“Y-you. You’re okay.” Twilight said, shivering with fear. “You are totally fine.”
“Yes, I’m fine.” Cyburst said, walking towards twilight. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“L-look at yourself in the mirror,” twilight said, as she floated a full sized mirror “You’ve changed.”

“To say the least!” Cyburst said as he looked at himself in the mirror. “I look awesome!”

Cyburst put his new hand on his head, finding all the changes that had taken place. Finally, he looked back at his wings. He gave them a good flap, which sent all the books of their shelves because of the force.

“It looks like everything is okay.” Phoenix said, “Oh, look I can talk now, not that anyone cares.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Cyburst said, “Phoenix, this is twilight. Twilight, this is Phoenix.”

Twilight blinked in astonishment. She then got up and greeted Cyburst, not knowing if it was some kind of joke.

“Well, this is cool.” Cyburst said. “Let’s try 100%”

“Okay, here goes nothing.” Phoenix said

“Oh no you’re not!” Twilight said.

“Watch us!” Cyburst and Phoenix said, “HUNDREAD PERCENT, RELEA-“

“NO!” Twilight yelled as she threw herself onto Cyburst. “I won’t let you.”

“There are so many things that could go wrong.” Twilight said, on the verge of tears. “You could lose control, or you could grow to big, or you-“

Cyburst brought twilight into a hug, careful not to touch her with his claws. Twilight was surprised. Nopony had ever hugged her before, and certainly not a stallion.

“Okay, I won’t.” Cyburst whispered into her ear. “I won’t do it if you say not to.”

Cyburst released twilight and got back to his feet.


“There is one thing I want to see.” Cyburst said

“What’s that” Twilight asked, still in the same position.

“How this body handles in flight!” Cyburst said, grinning

Cyburst crouched and left the library, looking upon Ponyville. He then shot into the air at such a speed, he left no trail. He flew in the general direction of Canterlot. He looked back and noticed that his wings weren’t moving. He flew without moving his wings. Some part of his body shot out and covered his mouth and nose, but it didn’t seem to impede his breathing.

“Phoenix, what’s our current speed?” Cyburst asked

“Well, in human terms, we’re going 1000 miles an hour.” Phoenix said, “My power is holding steady.”

“Well then, it’s time to speed up!” Cyburst said as he increased speed.

As he sped up, he heard a loud bang then he couldn’t hear anything. Not to his surprise, he couldn’t say anything ether.

‘Now, how fast are we going,’ Cyburst asked Phoenix, ‘and what was that loud noise?’

‘The noise is called a sonic boom,’ Phoenix thought, releasing his inner egghead, ‘it’s heard when something exceeds the speed of sound. We are currently going Mach one.”

‘And your power?’ Cyburst asked.

‘Still holding steady’ Phoenix thought

‘Then let’s… GO!’ Cyburst thought, accelerating to an even greater speed.

‘Mach two’ Phoenix thought, ‘Powers normal.’

Cyburst sped up. He had never felt so alive before. He turned around and headed for Ponyville

‘Mach three,’ Phoenix thought, ‘Powers unsteady. I suggest we slow down’

‘Never’ Cyburst thought as he want even faster, ‘This is too good’

‘Cyburst! We’re going Mach four’ Phoenix thought in a panic ‘I can’t keep the power on. We… We’re going down!’

Cyburst was returning to normal, in the middle of flight, going at Mach four.

“HHHHHHOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIII-oomph” Cyburst yelled as he collided into the hard ground.
He bounced three times before he finally landing making a large crater.

“Well, well, well,” Said a familiar voice “look who it is, the grand adventurer himself.”

Cyburst looked up to find a pair of blue eyes staring back at him.

“Candy Corn?!” Cyburst said in surprise. “It is you!”

Cyburst leaped from the crater and on to his long lost friend, hugging her with great joy.

“Yes, it’s me” Candy Corn said, “You can stop choking me now.”

“Oh, sorry,” Cyburst said, getting of her “how long has it been?”

“Seven years, I think.” Candy Corn said

“So, how have you been?” Cyburst asked.

“Pretty good,” Candy Corn said, “Come on, my house is close. I can tell you my story there.”

Cyburst and Candy Corn walked to her house, chatting the whole way there. As it turns out, after school, Candy Corn found a passion for archeology. Whenever somepony found an ancient ruin, she and her team would investigate the site for any historical significance. She had solved the mystery behind the Pyramids of Gaia. She was quite famous in the archeological world. They talked about ancient ruins, since Cyburst actually found a lot of them, until the early morning.

“Wow, we talked all night.” Cyburst said, drowsily. “Well, I guess I better get going”

“Cyburst wait.” Candy corn said walking towards Cyburst.

“Yes?” Cyburst said, turning around to face Candy Corn.

Candy Corn grabbed Cyburst and pulled him in for the best kiss in his entire life. When they broke away, Candy looked away and blushed.

“Sorry,” Candy Corn said “I guess Archeology wasn’t the only thing I had a passion for.”

“I guess the same thing goes for me and adventuring.” Cyburst said as he pulled her in for another kiss.

Candy Corn, was shocked, but then she lost herself to him. They both fell to the ground. Sharing their body heat for what seemed like forever.

“I love you, Cyburst.” Candy Corn said, breaking away for only a second.

“And I love you, Candy Corn.” Cyburst said.

End of book two

Comments ( 11 )

NEW CHAPTAR!!!

Pyramids of Gaia...

Seems vaguely familiar...

1357116
wow, you're fast!

1357207
well, I don't know about powerful.

1357145

I get paid for reading things I'm told too I got pretty fast and thank you and you are powerful in the world of liturature for making a story that a pony can respect :rainbowwild: :rainbowwild: :rainbowwild: for the story and your humbleness

by the way I'm reading the start of your next story you better work on that :ajbemused:

Comment posted by The Mirage deleted Feb 25th, 2013
Comment posted by The Mirage deleted Feb 25th, 2013
Comment posted by The Mirage deleted Feb 25th, 2013
Comment posted by The Mirage deleted Feb 25th, 2013
Login or register to comment