• Published 20th May 2019
  • 760 Views, 0 Comments

Guest Star Kelduo: Justice from Afar - The Kelduo



The Star Allies have conquered a great evil, but they now find themselves in a foreign land. Can they find a way home?

  • ...
2
 0
 760

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 39: The Astral Transport Complication

This was it, the third day in Equestria. Now that I had read the Journal of Friendship, I figured it would be a good idea to return to my home, so I left Twilight's Castle and headed south.

As I approached the Lor Starcutter, however, I heard a shrill cry from inside: "MY BABY!"

I stormed inside and saw Magolor, who was on the floor sobbing. "You mean Landia's baby. It was never yours to begin with. Anyway, what's the problem? The Lor doesn't seem damaged, except for its mast. I can easily find it."

"You don't understand. Look over at the monitor!"

We went towards the monitor and saw a brown colt at the keypad. He was pressing several buttons, as if he was working the monitor. "Guys, this is bad. The Lor lost several Energy Spheres, as well as its mast."

"The kid's right. The Lor's down to seventy-five Energy Spheres and no mast, and the missing parts have fallen all over Equestria. We'll need to search far and wide to find them."

I said, "We'll need all the help we can get."

The colt turned towards us with a serious look. "I'll pitch in."

I became concerned. "Are you sure you're up to it, Button Mash?"

"I have to. You see, I believe I'm partially responsible for the loss of Energy Spheres and the mast. Magolor, do you know about Scope Shot?"

Magolor nodded. "Yeah, but why do you ask?"

"Are you familiar with the Kelduo level?"

"Susie built that level to teach those who aren't familiar with the Kelduo about them, as well as to be a nearly insurmountable obstacle for only the greatest few...! Wait, do you mean that you BEAT that level?!"

Button chuckled, "Well, I did get help from Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle. I guess our final blow was kind of overkill."

I smiled. "If you thought that was overkill, you should've seen me, Captured by Pummel, and his mother annihilate Soul of Sectonia with two giant balls of pure energy."

"Well, that's kind of what we did to the Kelduo 2.0. We used our own giant ball of energy to counter their own ball of energy, sending both at the opposing side. The explosion must have been strong enough to blow some Energy Spheres and the mast out of the Lor. Can you forgive us, Magolor?"

Magolor was quiet for a moment. "Of course I forgive you! That's an awesome feat! Susie will be stunned to hear that you beat her extremely difficult level!"

I patted Button on the head. "You and the others did great. I can see why you want to help us retrieve the parts. However, I must know: How will you be of assistance?"

"Listen, you're talking to a master gamer." Button reached into his beanie and pulled out what appeared to be a video game container. Along the spine were the words 'Pontendo Whinnii.' On the front were, in a flashy style, the words 'Kirbay's Back in Dream Land.' Button proudly proclaimed, "I've beaten this bad boy to 100%, so if the Lor Starcutter is anything like the Tael Starblade, then it has lost forty-five Energy Spheres. If this plays out like the game, then they flew towards a forest, some ruins, somewhere underwater, a frozen area, a cloudy place, somewhere technologically advanced, a volcanic island, and somewhere potentially lethal. Some might have even fallen into the claws of a villain. Be prepared for a boss battle or two."

I chuckled, "I've been a boss before, to Pummel and his team, so I know a thing or two about bosses. Pummel is a gamer like you, so he also knows about bosses."

Magolor added, "I've also been a boss when I was possessed by the Master Crown."

Button continued, "I may not have any special powers, but I have a bunch of knowledge about games, so I'll be like the Captain Paprika of the group."

I asked, "You mean General Pepper?"

"Sure, if that's a character from your version of Space Hound."

I smiled, supposing that he was referring to Star Fox. "I understand, sir. I'll gather the team and bring them all here, including those involved in the Energy Sphere mishap." I brought out Rotom Dex. "Calling Star Allies, calling Star Allies. We are to rendezvous at the Lor Starcutter. I repeat, rendezvous at the Lor Starcutter. If you can manage it, we also need Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie at the rendezvous point."

In little time, everyone was in the Lor. "What's the problem?" Twilight asked.

Magolor pointed towards the screen. "Forty-five Energy Spheres and the mast have been launched from the Lor Starcutter and flung all around Equestria. We need to gather them before we can return to our homeland."

Button Mash pressed a series of keys on the keyboard. "It seems like they've fallen towards Everfree Forest, Griffonstone, Seaquestria, Yakyakistan, Mount Aris, the Dragon Lands, and the Crystal Mountains. The mast in particular is somewhere out of reach of the Lor's sensors. We'll have to split up to find them all."

I nodded. "We'll need to split into groups whose members compensate for the weaknesses of other members, or whose powers coincide."

"Right. Rainbow Dash, you're familiar with Griffonstone, so I'll assign you and Meta Knight to go there. Lucario, you'll go with Tails so he can safely research poison joke in Everfree Forest. Mario will head with Keldeo and Kirby to Mount Aris. In order to lessen the burden on Keldeo's back, Mario can Capture Keldeo, who can shoot water from his hooves to help cross the sea, and Kirby can take his Warp Star. Luigi will team up with Pinkie Pie to visit the Dragon Lands. Twilight will take Bandana Dee over to Yakyakistan in her hot air balloon. Pummel, your Primarina can make a bubble shield for Sonic, so you, him, and Heart Fist can go to Seaquestria. I hear the queen tends to be hostile towards outsiders, so be sure to be friendly and approachable. Hammer users Amy, Paper Mario, and King Dedede will head into the Crystal Mountains. The king's coat is able to hold heat, so Amy and Paper Mario can stick close to him for warmth, not to mention that his thick fat--"

"Hey!"

"--holds body heat. Helix and Magolor are familiar with bosses, so they should go to a more dangerous place, where collectibles always happen to be in games."

Lucario's eyes glowed yellow, and he closed them. "Some creatures have gotten hold of the parts. One of them has three heads, each of a different animal."

Twilight gasped, "That sounds like a chimera! Applejack knows their weaknesses, so I'll go get her."

"Another of them is Discord. He seems to be having fun with them."

Roborygon proclaimed, "I'll take care of him, organized chaos versus chaotic chaos."

Lucario turned to Luigi and Pinkie. "The last one I can see is Dragon Lord Ember, and she does not want to part with it. There may be more creatures with parts, but I cannot detect them."

Princess Peach asked, "What can I do?"

Button replied, "You are to tell the princesses about our current situation. Afterwards, return here for further instructions."

"Okay, Button Mash."

I asked Button, "Is there anything else we need to know?"

"No, you all have your assignments. Good luck!"

I began to leave, then I turned back to Button. "That was an excellent Captain Paprika impression, Button Mash."

PreviousChapters Next