• Published 20th May 2019
  • 760 Views, 0 Comments

Guest Star Kelduo: Justice from Afar - The Kelduo



The Star Allies have conquered a great evil, but they now find themselves in a foreign land. Can they find a way home?

  • ...
2
 0
 760

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 32: A Fine Tune

"Mario Bros, look at this!" Mama mia! My bros and I woke with a start to Button Mash's voice. The little colt showed us a poster that had a gray Earth pony, a white unicorn with an electric blue mane and purple goggles, and--Meloetta? "There's this band called The Melody Three, and they're performing a song this morning! It's from one of your adventures!"

That got us up. "Oh, yeah, Mario time!" I exclaimed. Then my stomach interrupted me. "Actually, we should have breakfast first. That battle left us with empty stomachs."

The other bros rubbed their stomachs in agreement.

Button laughed. "That's Mario for you!" he said to himself.

After we ate the amazing waffles Cream Heart made for us, we made a beeline for the outdoors. Right in front of the fountain in the square were Meloetta and the other ponies, on some kind of handmade (but well-made) stage. The goggles pony was on the keyboard; Meloetta was using Double Team to fill the roles of the drummer, trombonist, trumpeter, saxophonist, and bassist; and the gray Earth pony had no instrument, instead opting to stand in front of a microphone.

"Thank you all for coming to listen to The Melody Three!" the gray pony said with a British accent. "I am Octavia Melody, that's the one and only DJ Pon-3, and this is one of our heroes from afar, Meloetta! Today, we welcome you with our debut song, a song Meloetta introduced. If the Brothers Mario are watching, this goes out to you! Jump Up, Super Star!"

Then they began to play the instruments as Octavia sang:

Here we go, off the rails
Don't you know it's time to raise our sails?
It's freedom like you never knew

My bros and I were the first to start grooving, followed quickly by the rest of the crowd. I jumped up super high, high up in the sky! "Wahoo! You go, Meloetta!" I said, to which Meloetta winked at me.

"You came too, Mario?" Seems like Sonic came as well.

"The whole gang must be here." Helix had a point; I could see Kirby, King Dedede, Pummel Fist, Heart Fist, Keldeo, Peach, Bandanna Dee, Tails, Amy, Lucario, and Roborygon.

"I don't detect Meta Knight, though," Roborygon replied.

"Shh, I want to listen!" Pinkie cut in.

We took Pinkie's suggestion and stopped talking.

You know that we're all superstars (We're all superstars)
We're the ones that made it this far
Put a smile on that face
There's no time to waste
So let's do the odyssey!

The crowd burst into cheers and applause as The Melody Three took a bow. "We hope to see you again!"

We began to leave, but I heard a small, female voice say, "Excuse me, Roborygon, but Meta Knight had me take this to you. It's a Minior."

Roborygon's eyes turned into exclamation marks for a moment. "Did you say Minior? Elline, thank you very much. This may very well be what Maud could use! Farewell!"

Hmm, I wonder what Maud needs a Minior for...

Author's Note:

You know what that means: Back to Roborygon's point of view!

PreviousChapters Next