• Published 22nd Apr 2019
  • 487 Views, 1 Comments

Dusk of a Better Day - biglomeg



A disillusioned party official of the Socialist Union of Equestria makes a speech.

  • ...
 1
 487

The Consequences

INTERROGATION LOG #2653

SUSPECT WAS DETAINED ON CHARGES OF TREASON AND PUBLIC DISTURBANCE. OFFENSES INCLUDE SLANDER, ATTEMPTED INDUCEMENT OF INSURRECTION, FABRICATION OF EVIDENCE, AND MALICIOUS INTENT TOWARDS THE STATE. INTERROGATION TOOK PLACE ON FEBRUARY 20TH, 1022.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Suspect enters interrogation chamber. Notable lack of emotion.

INTERROGATOR: Do you know why you are here?

SUSPECT: No.

I: No?

S: No. I have committed no crime.

I: Let us not play games. You actively tried to undermine your own country. You are a traitor.

S: I have done nothing but speak my mind.

I: That is a lie. You are a puppet for some foreign devil.

Suspect appears confused.

S: What? No!

I: Yes. And you will tell us who gave you your orders.

S: I have associated myself with nopony outside of my country.

I: Stop lying. Confess.

S: I think I'll refrain from doing so.

I: Are you sure?

S: Very much so.

I: Then perhaps you wouldn't mind if we sought out your family for comment.

Suspect becomes distressed.

S: They didn't do anything wrong.

I: They failed to notify officials of your treasonous intent. That is a crime.

S: They had no way of knowing. I haven't seen them in months.

I: I don't know that.

S: Then check my travel logs.

I: No. You will confess to your harmonistic treachery now, or your family will join you in state custody. The prisons here can be extremely cruel. You wouldn't do that to them, would you?

Suspect begins to breath heavily. Several seconds pass without response.

S: You can't do this. You can't!

I: We can do many things.

S: The law-

I: Doesn't matter here. You have nothing, traitor. Confess.

Suspect speaks with a tone of desperation.

S: Can't you see what I'm fighting for?

I: Your evil, grotesque harmonism, yes. Confess.

S: No! No, damn you! I'm fighting for what we lost! I'm fighting for the true dream! Not this horrible tyranny that we live under now, but the socialism of hope! Of prosperity!

I: Confess.

S: Why won't you listen?!

I: There will be no discussion. I can make the call right now. Confess.

S: You're on the wrong side! I know you don't feel like it, but you are! You must understand!

I: Fine. It is done, then.

At this point, interrogator leaves room for eleven minutes. Suspect grows agitated, and begins to mutter to self. Upon return of interrogator, suspect is shaking.

S: D-did you-

I: You have one more chance. If you do not comply, it will be my personal pleasure to make sure that your parents find themselves working the glacial shelves. Confess.

Suspect is silent. Interrogator starts to leave.

S: N-no! Stop! Fine!

I: So you confess?

S: Yes. I-I was part of a harmonist plot to disrupt the union.

I: From who?

S: The River Federation.

I: Very good. You submit to any and all retribution that the state deems necessary?

S: Yes.

I: And you agree to publicly renounce all of the lies that you spread among the citizens of Stalliongrad.

S: I-

I: Be very careful of what you say next.

Suspect pauses, choked.

S: Yes.

Suspect begins to weep.

I: Say it again.

S: Y-yes.

I: With dignity, you sniveling moron.

S: Yes.

I: You aren't listening. Say it again, and say it well, or you will be punished.

S: Yes! I will! Alright?! I will! I-I will. I. I...

Suspect trails off, continuing to cry.

I: Is that all?

No response is given.

I: Thank you. This concludes the interrogation.

Interrogator leaves room.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
NOTE: FURTHER INVESTIGATION INTO FAMILIAL TIES MAY BE PERTINENT, IF FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN TO PROVIDE PRECEDENT FOR SIMILAR INCIDENTS IN THE FUTURE.

Comments ( 1 )

A very good story. It's a shame so few have seen it.

Login or register to comment