• Published 13th Mar 2019
  • 1,879 Views, 55 Comments

The cursed resident. - Sylif Daring Doo



There is a building that existed before Ponyville was originally colonized, a strange structure was home to a family of unicorns, many believe this home to be cursed, but regardless of these beliefs, the family remained.

  • ...
3
 55
 1,879

Better days ahead.

_______*a week later, 9:00 AM.*______

Rarity opened her eyes to an invasive bright glare as she woke up, she groaned and covered her eyes with her right hoof, for some reason her curtain was wide open and sunlight shined through. "Wake up mare." Said a familiar ghostly voice.

Uncovering her eyes, Rarity turned and glared at the ghost holding the curtain open, even though Alecia was heavily blurred, she could bet the ghost was grinning. "What is with you today?" Rarity asked as she stood up.

"To be honest I'm just bored of doing nothing all day, you have no idea how boring it is not being able to actually leave the house." Alecia replied before reappearing at the door to the bathroom. "Now get up and get ready, I specifically remember you saying you had orders to fill." She stated before vanishing.

Rarity sighed as she walked to the bathroom to get ready for her day. "It's too early for this." She complained quietly.

After getting ready, Rarity went downstairs to get some food, on the way she noticed Alecia floating about, she simply grabbed a bagel from her fridge and put it in the toaster. "How exactly are you able to touch objects?" Rarity asked out of curiosity.

Alecia floated over to the kitchen and spoke. "Heck if I know, my only guess is that it has something to do with force of will, or something I can't understand." She replied.

"Why do you ask?" The ghost wondered.

Rarity stretched a little bit to help loosen her joints. "I was curious, it is not often one can talk to a ghost after all." She answered as the bagel popped up.

Alecia disappeared from sight and left Rarity alone as she buttered her bagel and ate.

Once Rarity was done eating and she had cleaned up, she headed outside and to the Boutique.

And now that she was alone once again, Alecia had only one thought on her mind. 'I wonder what would happen if Rarity came home and every single cabinet, door and drawer was open?' She wondered.

______*hours later, 5:12 PM*______

Rarity was walking through town with a more relaxed expression, she had finished working on a few orders and made incredible progress with another before heading to the Ponyville spa for the first time in a month

Apparently, working on the decor for the Summer Sun Celebration, having your family visit out of the blue, discovering your home really was haunted, defeating Nightmare Moon, living with a partial amnesiac ghost, a tree smashing through the window and long work days caused an incredible amount of stress, which really surprised Lotus and Aloe.

As she walked, Rarity noticed Spike our and about, he had a rapidly filling bag with him as he went from stall to stall, she decided to walk over and talk with the dragon.

Spike noticed her approaching and his expression went from a bored one to an excited one. "Hey Rarity!" He greeted.

Rarity smiled at him. "Hello Spike.....what are you doing?" She asked curiously. "And where is Twilight? I haven't seen her in a few days." She added.

Spike looked at his bag and shrugged. "Picking up groceries, Twilight's been in 'research' mode for most of the week now, I'm just making sure we have what we need." He replied.

Rarity raised an eyebrow. "What is research mode?" She asked.

Spike rolled his eyes. "It's when she finds something that really catches her interest, she sorta just tunes the whole world out and focuses on what's she's researching." He explained, as if it were mundane to him.

"That doesn't sound healthy for her at all." Rarity commented.

Spike nodded. "It isn't, but I'm used to it by now, by the way, can I ask you something?" He wondered.

Rarity gave a half shrug. "Of course." She replied.

Spike scratched the back of his head as he spoke. "Well, you know how you gave me and the others a tour of the Boutique?" She started.

After a confirming nod, the dragon continued. "I was wondering, what's with the bedrooms? i mean, your house is practically right next to it." He asked.

Rarity understood what he was asking, and she replied easily. "Just in case, you see, the Boutique used to be a home, but I purchased it for my work, the two bedrooms, kitchen and bathroom are just in case I need to stay the night for whatever reason, I even have a spell on the building, it isn't perfect, but it keeps it mostly clean or helps keep food fresh." She explained.

Spike nodded and looked at the bag on his back. "Well, I have to get back, bye Rarity." He said as he ran off.

Rarity smiled and started to walk home, and on the way home, she ran into an all too familiar set of faces.

"Oh hi Rarity, wasn't expecting to see you outside." Said the voice of Magnum. "We're sorry about the surprise visit, we really are." Betty added.

Rarity nodded at her parents. "It's alright." She said before walking with them.

_______*Meanwhile*______

Alecia would sigh from boredom, but she was bored of that as well, she floated around the house aimlessly and with no idea what to do next.

She had already opened everything that could be open, and left them like that, she had also decided to put random things in random places, for instance, she put the butter in the cabinet for plates and bowls, and the small plates in the silverware drawer.

But as she floated aimlessly, Alecia pondered on how to cure her boredom, she had no way of breaking the curse, and if she had a stomach, she would have vomited at the thought of continuing to count her time as a ghost.

Most would assume that ghosts would have nothing to be angry about, but that's not true, at least in Alecia's case, her anger mostly came from boredom and being stuck in a house.

Eventually, Alecia felt her anger reach its limit. "Grrraaaaaaa!" She screamed out of frustration, she raised her ghostly fists into the air.

After she was finished, Alecia just grumbled and floated around, closing the cabinets, doors and drawers as she went, she tuned out the world around her and did this throughout the house.

_______*ten minutes later.*_______

Rarity was now alone walking through town, her parents had gone searching for Sweetie Belle, as they walked, her parents asked if she was willing to let her stay in Ponyville, her sister had liked the small town more than any of the other towns or cities she had visited.

And while Rarity was all too happy to accept, the choice was ultimately Sweetie Belle's, so while her parents searched for her sister in town, she decided to go back home, she had a feeling that her sister would want to check up on the resident ghost.

Rarity passed Rainbow Dash on the way home, and the Pegasus talked to her, mostly asking her if she was messing with Twilight and Applejack about the whole ghost thing, to which Rarity of course said that she wasn't lying.

"Prove it then." Rainbow Dash said as she hovered next to the unicorn mare. "Bring us all over at one time, and prove that there's a ghost, and heck from what Applejack said, it sounds like you can talk to them." She shrugged.

Rarity sighed as she walked. "This isn't up to me, it is up to her, I can ask if she's willing to prove this to you all, but that's all." She said.

"Go ahead then, I'll see you around." Rainbow Dash said before flying off.

Rarity just shook her head. "That mare." She mumbled.

Rarity eventually reached her house and walked to the door, she opened it and walked inside, she then closed the door and looked around.

Rarity noticed a familiar pair of saddlebags and sighed in relief, she then called out. "Alecia?" She said.

Soon enough, the ghost in question appeared in front of Rarity.......right next to her face. "Gah!" The mare cried out as she jumped.

Alecia laughed quietly, her blurred form floating in place. "Can I help you?" She then asked.

Rarity took a deep breath and spoke. "Did anypony come inside?" She asked, pointing at the saddlebags.

Alecia nodded and floated to the bags. "Yea, little girl, unicorn with white fur, claims to be your sister." She replied calmly.

The ghost then planted her feet on the ground. "it was a pleasant surprise when she got here, I wasn't expecting her at all, talk about surprises." She added, with an amused tone. "So, where's the family? and how long is the kid staying this time?" She asked curiously.

"First off, I didn't know they were coming." Rarity replied. "And second, they will probably come here soon, third? that decision is Sweetie Belle's, not yours, not my parents, not mine." She added.

Alecia nodded again. "Can I ask one last question?" She wondered.

"Of course." Rarity replied.

Alecia crossed her arms. "Who was that Pegasus you were talking with? and why did you seem fed up?" She asked.

Rarity blinked as she stared at the ghost in shock. "H-how did you see me talking with?.......I wasn't even near the house!?" She asked.

Alecia shrugged and pointed up. "I was on the roof, after a lot of experimenting, I learned that as long as I keep touching the house, I can go a short distance away." She explained.

Rarity nodded in understanding as she calmed down. "You must have very good eyesight to have seen that." She muttered. "Anyway, where is Sweetie Belle?" She asked.

Alecia pointed towards the dining room. "She's waiting for me to get back so we can finish our game." She replied before vanishing.

With that, Rarity walked to the dining room, she entered it and saw that Sweetie Belle was playing Game of Life......or rather, just trying to start it. "Perhaps I can help?" She offered.

Sweetie Belle smiled and ran over to Rarity, she hugged her excitedly. "Hey Rarity! and uh......" She blushed out of embarrassment. "Yea, I could use some help." She said quietly.

Rarity gave her sister a smile and walked over with her before sitting, she looked at Alecia. "How long were you trying to set up?" She asked, pointing to the open instructions and splayed cards.

Alecia shrugged. "A few minutes." She replied with a nonchalant tone. "It would have been faster if I could understand your written language." She added.

Rarity then looked at her sister who seemed to be calming down, she sighed and cleaned everything up, shuffling the cards and setting them down with her magic, she then ensured that the board was set up before speaking. "Alecia, do you know how this game works?" She asked.

Aleica shook her head. "Believe me, I tried to find a memory of this game, couldn't." She said as she leaned back.

"That's fine, I'll explain it." Rarity said as the three chose their pieces, Rarity chose the green carriage, Sweetie Belle chose blue, Aleica took red, both Rarity and Sweetie Belle chose the pink piece, while Alecia grabbed a blue.

After they were ready, Rarity explained the rules of the game, how to win and to play.

Eventually, the game ended with Rarity in first, Sweetie Belle in second, and Alecia in last, and while they were cleaning up, they heard a knock on the front door.

Rarity stopped doing what she was doing and walked to the front door, she opened it and saw her parents. "Rarity, is Sweetie Belle here?" Betty asked.

With a nod, her parents visibly relaxed. "Thank Celestia...." Magnum replied before staring at something in the house.

Rarity looked back and saw Alecia carrying the Life box to the living room. "I'm just going to assume the ghost.....Alecia was it? is still here?" Betty wondered.

Inside, Alecia noticed Rarity's parents staring. "They......can't see me can they?" She asked.

"I'm afraid not." Rarity said before looking at her parents. "She's still here, but she is annoying at worst." She replied.

"I heard that!" Alecia called out from the dining room.

Rarity let her parents inside and led them to Sweetie Belle.

And while it appeared that the filly was talking to somepony who wasn't there, they all knew the truth, she was talking to Alecia.

Alecia stood up as Rarity sat down with her parents. "This is family business I'm guessing." She muttered before vanishing.

______*the next day, 4:00 PM*______

Alecia laid back on the roof of the house, staring up at the bright blue sky, white clouds occasionally floated by, and even the occasional Pegasus flew by heading somewhere.

She sighed to herself and closed her eyes. 'At least with the kid here, I won't be as bored now.......at least, that's the hope.' She opened her eyes and blinked in wonder. "That's odd." She muttered.

Alecia stood up and watched as an unfamiliar blue whisp of smoke flew down at the house from the sky, it went right through the roof and went inside.

"Well, I wanted excitement." She whispered to herself before going down into the rest of the house, she saw the smoke slowly expand and take on a new form, at first it appeared to be a unicorn, but then it grew wings......and then it grew in size until it was at least double Rarity's height.

And then the shape gained color and became more clear, it was a mare as was obvious due to the muzzle, it's fur was a very dark blue, it's mane and tail were a wispy blue smoke and its cutie mark was a real crescent moon with a dark blue splotch behind it, the mare raised itself off the floor and looked around. "You mind telling me why you are in my room? Alecia asked.

The mare flipped around and her horn glowed furiously, her cyan cat-like eyes glared at the ghost. "Who are you!? and where.....wait, a human?" The mare seemed perplexed before returning to her threatening stance. "Where am I human?" She questioned.

Alecia crossed her arms. "First off, you barged into MY room, second, you can't hurt me even if you tried, so threats won't work." She stated.

In response, the mare fired a blast of magic from her horn, it simply passed right through Alecia and through the wall, with a sigh, Alecia shook her head as the mare stared in confusion. "I don't understand." The mare muttered.

The mare growled and marched up to Alecia. "What have you done human!?" She snapped angrily.

Alecia raised an eyebrow. "Me? nothing, and seeing as you don't have that eye and can see me, I can only assume you are dead." She replied.

The mare reached out and her hoof went through Alecia, she pulled it out and growled. "Impossible! I am immortal, I cannot die!" She stated, anger and confusion were clear in her voice.

Alecia shrugged. "And yet here we are, if you want to leave I won't stop you." She said before appearing at the door to leave the room.

The mare seemed skeptical, but followed Alecia as she led her to the front door, when they reached the door, Alecia leaned against the wall. "Here's the door, have fun out there." She said casually.

The mare scoffed. "Be grateful I wasn't able to harm you." She stated before lighting her horn, she tried to turn the doorknob but was unable to do so.

Alecia couldn't help but smirk inwardly as the mare grew increasingly frustrated, she attempted to turn the knob with her hoof but her hoof went straight through. "Just walk through it." The ghost stated.

The mare growled quietly and proceeded to walk out the door, Alecia walked to the steps and sat down. "That was fun while it lasted I guess." She mumbled.

It wasn't long however, until Alecia heard screaming, followed by the mare flying through the air in a familiar manner.. "Aaaah!" The mare cried out as she landed on the floor of the living room.

Alecia blinked and looked at the mare who stood up and glared at her angrily. "What was that!?" She demanded to know as she marched over.

With a shrug, Alecia spoke. "If I had to guess? I would say that it was the curse that keeps me trapped here, but I didn't know it could affect others." She replied as she stood up.

After some internal thought which lasted a few minutes, the mare spoke again, in a much more calm tone. "Where am I exactly?" She asked.

"We're in a house that's at least six centuries old, it currently belongs to a unicorn mare named Rarity, you can call me Alecia by the way." The ghost said as she crossed her arms.

The mare stared at Alecia for several moments before speaking. "My name is Nightmare Moon.....is this, Rarity? the reason we are trapped here?" She asked.

Alecia laughed quietly at the question. "No, I remember the people who did this to me, and she wasn't one." She replied.

Nightmare Moon stared at Alecia curiously. "Have you not discovered a way to get around the curse?" She asked.

"If I did, I wouldn't be here now would I?" The ghost replied as she walked to one of the windows, she then watched the outside world. "Right now I'm waiting on them to get home." She looked at the mare. "I advise that you hide until I break the news about a second ghost." She stated before looking outside again.

Nightmare Moon glared at Alecia. "Why do you call me a ghost?" She asked.

"You walk through walls, your magic doesn't work, your eyes are normal and you can see me, simple logic." Alecia replied.

Nightmare Moon sighed. "Where exactly should I hide?" She asked.

Alecia shrugged. "The room we met in, isn't it obvious?" She wondered as she looked outside.

The mare headed upstairs, complaining about annoying humans all the way, Alecia simply chuckled. "At least I'm not alone in this anymore." She muttered.

Author's Note:

Here's another chapter for you guys, and things get back to normal........kind of, maybe....ok, not at all.

In this one, Sweetie Belle returned, Rainbow asks that Rarity prove Alecia exists, and more.