• Published 13th Mar 2019
  • 1,879 Views, 55 Comments

The cursed resident. - Sylif Daring Doo



There is a building that existed before Ponyville was originally colonized, a strange structure was home to a family of unicorns, many believe this home to be cursed, but regardless of these beliefs, the family remained.

  • ...
3
 55
 1,879

Problems.

______*Ponyville, twenty minutes later.*______

Alecia sat down on the steps to Rarity's house, along the way the three of them had run into some suddenly very hostile ponies, a few of them were unicorns which made it difficult to get here, Alecia felt panic taking hold a lot but she managed to keep moving in order to keep her friends safe.

The town was in utter panic and chaos, Discord had easily made everything impossible to understand and dangerous to boot.

Sweetie Belle was extremely worried about Scootaloo, for she had no way of knowing if her friend was safe, she was also extremely scared and mostly hid behind Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare herself was exhausted, her magic stores were depleted due to them not naturally replenishing for a few months, and she also worried about Sweetie Belle, who did not deserve to die because of Discord's cruelty.

Out of the three however, Alecia was the most calm even though it didn't seem that way, she looked at the others and memories of her past flooded her mind, she closed her eyes and sighed. "Look, I don't know what Discord's plan is, or if he even has one, but out of the three of us, I have the most combat experience, so I'll take lead." She looked at Nightmare who didn't object to it.

"We need to find Rarity, its possible that Celestia summoned her and the others to Canterlot, if we make our way there we can join forces to face Discord.

Sweetie Belle quickly spoke up. "What about everyone is Ponyville!? we can't just leave them!" She asked.

Nightmare sighed. "The filly is right, we can't leave this place or Discord will be unopposed here." She added.

Alecia nodded in agreement. "Alright, we'll try and help who we can, and make our way to the library, there has to be something there that can help." She said, standing up.

"Oh I agree! Head to the library and research your enemy! a humans mind is intelligent when given direction is it not?" Asked the dreaded voice of Discord.

Alecia saw that Sweetie Belle hid behind Nightmare Moon and pointed at the house, the human turned around and saw Discord had become part of the house, he moved along its surface as he spoke. "While I do commend your efforts, I cannot allow you to interfere in these events, so I need a distraction!" He declared loudly.

Discord suddenly appeared and looked at Sweetie Belle, but it was obvious he wasn't actually there. "Damn projection magic." Nightmare muttered.

Ignoring the Alicorn, Discord spoke. "I could make you fight this filly, but that would be straight cruelty, no fun at all." He then looked at Nightmare.

"No, too cliché to make them fight you, an overused enemy after all." Discord mused. "And making you fight a copy of Sunbutt is no fun..." He stroked his beard in thought.

Finally the god of chaos looked at Alecia and grinned. "Ah, perfect, not too cliché, not exactly original but still effective and interesting." He then placed his talon on the human and grinned. "Face your past!" He shouted before vanishing, leaving a glowing mark on Alecia's forehead, she gripped her head and cried out in pain.

Nightmare attempted to get closer but Alecia held her hand out. "Stay back!" She ordered as she shined as a beacon of dark purple magic.

Alecia closed her eyes and felt a memory surface, it played in her mind for a few seconds before her eyes shot open. "No.....NO! NOT HIM! ANYONE BUT HIM!" She screamed as she fell to her knees and an orb of magic shot away from her by ten feet.

Nightmare's horn ignited in a furious display of magic, she sensed an explosion spell approaching and she immediately threw up a shield around the three of them, thanking a mysterious boost to her magical reserves.

The predicted explosion went off like a blast strong enough to level several buildings, the shield just barely survived the blast and Nightmare lowered it as the smoke rose, not willing to risk any more magic.

Alecia looked in horror as the smoke cleared thanks to wind magic, and a cloaked figure stood before them, standing six foot seven tall, and hidden by a black and gray cloak, the figure was intimidating and had an aura of immense power about it.

Sweetie Belle looked at Alecia who seemed to be in shock, completely unaware of a strange staff laying beside her. "Alecia, who is that?" She asked, getting no response from the human.

Nightmare prepared herself for battle by donning her old armor and preparing a few spells, but the figure seemed to be focused on Alecia. "It has come to this Alecia, after many years we finally face each other in our final battle, unfortunate, that the circumstances allow no mercy." The figure spoke in a calm and even tone, it was male but it was accompanied by a strange whisper.

Alecia stood slowly and mindlessly grabbed her staff, she blinked and looked at it, it was dark brown in color, with purple and gray runes on its surface, the handle was made of a strange dark gray material that neither Sweetie Belle nor Nightmare could identify. "Master Kor'Fel, we have done this before, I......I killed you." She said with deep remorse and guilt.

Kor'Fel moved some of his cloak and revealed a sword, he drew it and gripped it with two hands. "We shall see if you are ready." He spoke, unfazed by Alecia's words.

Alecia shook in fear and Nightmare spoke. "Who is he Alecia?" She asked.

The human gulped and looked at Nightmare, fear was evident in her eyes. "My master, he taught me everything I know about combat, I.....barely survived last time we fought." She said.

Kor'Fel spoke and interrupted the three. "Prepare yourself my child." He said before moving swiftly towards Alecia.

Alecia panicked and got into a defensive stance to defend herself, and Nightmare fired a few magic blasts at the cloaked man.

Kor'Fel nimbly dodged and used his sword to deflect a blast right at Nightmare, she threw up a shield and it impacted hard, breaking it instantly, the man landed softly on his feet and stood up as though nothing happened. "Our home, beautiful and sacred, humanity's greed will see it burn to ash." He spoke, preparing to charge again. "I will slay every human to protect my home, even you my child." He spoke, his voice slightly remorseful as he charged again.

Alecia stiffened and just as Kor'Fel neared, she jumped back and swung her staff, aiming for his legs, but he simply hopped over and swung his sword down with one hand.

In a swift motion, Alecia blocked with the handle of her staff, the two clashed and Kor'Fel spoke. "Excellent recovery my child, but as you know, you will need more than that to defeat me." He spoke as he used his now free hand and it glowed dark purple, and Alecia's eyes widened as a powerful arc of black lightning shot out of his hand and impacted her, she flew back and crashed into the ground.

Nightmare's eyes widened at the sight, but she shook her head clear and she growled, she ignited her horn and cast a powerful spell.

Kor'Fel looked at Nightmare and watched as ten orbs of magic appeared around him and Nightmare, he said nothing as three of them flew towards him, he dodged them easily enough at first, but they instantly flew right at him, changing direction like it was nothing.

The spell was called Puppet Orb, Nightmare was controlling them with nothing more than her eyes, and they were rapidly increasing in speed.

Alecia winced in pain and slowly stood, she looked up and saw Nightmare fighting Kor'Fel, who was dodging the magic orbs Nightmare used, though a few did impact, though as the ones chasing him exploded, the ones surrounding Nightmare vanished.

Kor'Fel landed on the ground and swiftly charged Nightmare, he made it halfway before the remaining orbs impacted his back, seeming to reach him instantly.

Alecia was dumbfounded, she gripped her staff tightly and moved closer slowly, Nightmare spoke. "He's gone, no one could survive that blast." She stated.

"Do not be hasty Alicorn." Kor'Fel spoke from behind Nightmare, who barely had time to look over her shoulder before being electrocuted by black lightning, she screamed in pain and Sweetie Belle watched with absolute terror.

Alecia tightened her grip and Nightmare fell to the ground, Sweetie Belle ran up to her as Kor'Fel approached Alecia once more. "Please get up! Alecia needs you Nightmare!" The filly pleaded.

Nightmare winced and barely managed to look at Kor'Fel, who had lost his cloak.

Kor'Fel had dark gray skin, raven black hair and dark green eyes, he wore dark gray armor that was masterfully made and looked like it would not hinder him in the slightest, it had silver running across its surface and was smooth, to Nightmare's eyes however, the armor was enchanted, not only that but it made any of the enchantments of old look like they were designed by a child.

Kor'Fel's face was even and calm, showing no emotion in the heat of battle, he gripped his sword again, which was made out of a strange dark purple metal, the hilt was that of black leather, and there was a strange rune on the blade which was unreadable to Nightmare. "Alecia, prove to me that you were paying attention all these years, show me that I trained a worthy disciple." He said, as though trying to give her a reason to fight.

Alecia looked at Nightmare and took a deep breath, she steadied her hand and held her staff behind her back, placing it above her shoulder and looking right at her master. "Nightmare, thank you for helping, but this is my fight, keep Sweetie Belle safe." She said in a calm yet commanding tone.

Kor'Fel watched as Alecia approached slowly, and he slowly stepped forward, eventually beginning to circle her, and her him, neither spoke a word, and after what began to feel like forever, they moved, Kor'Fel charged in a very different way than before, he held his sword in both hands with his left hand being the main as opposed to his right.

Alecia suddenly dragged her feet slowing herself down, but she used the momentum and threw her staff with all her might and a shout, it flew swiftly and spun rapidly as it did so, Kor'Fel dodged by sliding and then swung his blade in a diagonal fashion, Alecia jumped back and then threw a punch at her master, who sidestepped and swung his blade again.

The sword just barely missed Alecia's arm and she ducked while sending a kick upwards, Kor'Fel jumped back and he seemed to hear something behind him, he quickly rolled to the side and Alecia's staff flew back to her, she held her hand out and caught it easily.

As Kor'Fel stood up, they both returned to where they started, only this time the man charged instantly and Alecia held onto her staff this time.

Alecia twirled her staff as they approached, she did it very quickly and Kor'Fel did not approach any more, instead he kept his distance, and watched as the staff sparked with magic, flames soon engulfed the staff and Alecia charged, swinging the staff in an impressive display of spins and jabs, and as she swung her staff, the tide turned as the man failed to avoid the attacks, taking blow after blow, but Kor'Fel finally managed to block one directly and he used the blow to leverage momentum, he jumped back using the momentum and just as he landed he jumped up high with magic, enhancing his jump, he shined with magic and eight magical blades formed a barrier around him.

Alecia cursed under her breath and magical blades appeared above Kor'Fel, they all soon launched into the air and swiftly came down, making her dodge frantically or risk getting impaled, the eight blades themselves soon spun rapidly and then aimed directly at Alecia, they launched at incredible speed and the human fell to the ground in order to avoid death, having to throw her staff aside, she flipped over on the ground and her eyes widened.

Kor'Fel stood over her with his blade ready. "You are indeed worthy, I will see to it that you are honored accordingly." He said.

Alecia let a tear fall from her face as she spoke. "I am sorry master, but that wont be possible." She said before Kor'Fel gasped in shock, he looked down and saw that Alecia's staff had become a magical blade, and pierced his heart.

As Kor'Fel dropped his blade, he spoke. "Do not let our people die my child, you know this war is wrong, you can change things." He looked up at her with a small smile. "You no longer need my guidance......goodbye my child." He said before fading away.

Nightmare and Sweetie Belle looked on in shock and relief, but when they heard crying, they walked over to Alecia.

Alecia cried and fell to the ground, her staff and the sword of her master vanishing, she covered her eyes and cried uncontrollably, her heart once again shattered.

Neither Nightmare Moon nor Sweetie Belle spoke, instead they just sat with their friend as she grieved, unwilling to say anything to the human.

Nightmare looked up at the sky. 'I don't know how, but Discord will pay for this, I swear it.'

It took about a half hour, but Alecia eventually calmed down enough to travel, and the three made their way to the library.

Strangely, they did not encounter anything else until they reached the library, there they found Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Fluttershy, Spike was sitting in the corner and there was no sight of Rainbow Dash.

"What the hell did we miss while you girls were out?" Alecia asked out of curiosity.

Twilight looked over at the three and her eyes widened. "How are you alive!?" She asked, rushing over, seeming to forget about what was going on for a while.

Alecia cleared her throat. "Douchebag, god of chaos? thought it would be amusing, details later." She stated.

Twilight nodded but had a look that said they would talk later, she then took a deep breath. "Ok, we need to defeat Discord before he causes more trouble." She stated.

"Not to be rude Twi, be how are we gonna beat him without Dash?" Applejack asked.

Rarity nodded. "We can't find her anywhere, and we need the Element of Loyalty to use the Elements." She added, giving her sister a hug. "I missed you." She whispered.

"Same here." The filly replied.

Nightmare chuckled before looking outside. "We don't have much time, I will search for the annoying one, you come up with a plan." She said before teleporting outside and flying off.

Alecia watched as the Alicorn flew off, she sighed and looked at the others. "I should probably......what are you doing?" She asked Twilight who seemed to be doing something with a strange golden necklace.

"The Element of Loyalty glows brighter when its near you, fascinating." The unicorn noted.

Sweetie Belle spoke up. "Is it possible she could cover for Rainbow?" She asked.

Alecia looked at the filly. "Why do I have to fill in for the hothead?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"It's better than doing nothing right?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Alecia sighed. "Whatever." She whispered to herself as Twilight attached the necklace to Alecia's arm, still amazed by her being alive again.

With that, the six went outside to face Discord, Twilight seemed absolutely certain that they could not fail.

_____*Ponyville, ten minutes later*_____

They failed miserably, apparently the Elements require the specific bearers to work, or they only work when the six embody the Element they represent and are in harmony with each other.

Either way, Alecia wanted to get a drink and some food, and then for some reason she kissed Twilight on the cheek, stating it was for an 'experiment' when in truth she just wanted to see the reaction, which she found lacking because of Discord.

"Another reason to hate the prick." She muttered as she laid back on the couch in Rarity's house, she found that she missed feeling things, and that Rarity undervalued her couch....or that her sense of touch just enjoyed anything that wasn't pain.

Nightmare Moon soon entered the house through the door and Alecia spoke. "Welcome home." She said calmly.

"I'm surprised you didn't change clothes." The Alicorn said suddenly.

Alecia shrugged. "Why? no point, I cant feel things as a ghost, and as long as I wore it once in life, I can look like it as a ghost, so why should I change?" She asked.

Nightmare Moon raised an eyebrow. "So you've been wearing the same exact thing for centuries?" She asked.

Alecia paused and slowly took a drink as she thought on it, she eventually spoke after a while. "Pretty much." She replied before sitting up, letting the Alicorn sit down.

Nightmare walked up and sat down next to Alecia who said something surprising. "You wont leave will you Nightmare? If the last barrier is broken?" The human asked quietly.

Nightmare Moon huffed. "And leave you and the filly alone with Rarity?" She asked as though insulted. "Not a chance, someone has to be the voice of reason around here." She stated.

Alecia smiled for once and gave Nightmare a quick hug before standing up and walking away. "Thank you, that means a lot." She replied, she then looked outside and blinked. "Huh." She said.

Nightmare Moon looked outside and saw that the sky was clearing up, and that everything was returning to normal. "They beat him." She said quietly.

Alecia chuckled. "Hey, since the bad guy was defeated." She held a hand out. "Care for a dance?" She offered.

Nightmare rolled her eyes at Alecia's antics but decided to humor her. "Fine, but it will be awkward considering we are Alicorn and human." She replied as she walked up and took Alecia's hand.

Alecia smirked. "Don't underestimate me." She whispered as they started to dance slowly.

Nightmare was certain that they would be fumbling around, but Alecia was surprisingly good about keeping her feet where they should be.

"How did you get so good at dancing?" Nightmare asked out of curiosity.

Alecia rolled her eyes. "Stupid royal balls back in the Empire, as a captain I had to learn so I wouldn't embarrass my people, politics and all." She answered.

"I personally picked it up from Luna, who had a passion for it." Nightmare answered.

Alecia smiled a little as they danced. "I noticed that you both share a similar beauty, you pick up anything else from her?" She teased.

Nightmare narrowed her eyes. "I am a manifestation of her deepest desires and inner strength, so yes, unfortunately I owe most of who I am to her." She replied.

"Don't get mad at me, I was just curious." Alecia said.

Nightmare gave a smile of her own. "I am not mad at all." She replied, her horn ignited and a spell hit Alecia.

Alecia growled. "I thought you said you weren't mad." She accused as she stopped dancing.

Nightmare smirked. "I'm not, consider that a little gift." She said.

Alecia was about to ask what the Alicorn meant when she realized that she was a tad shorter, she looked down at her hands and saw a hoof instead, her eyes widened and she looked at Nightmare. "You evil little!-" She was cut off however as Nightmare Moon kissed her.

All of her instincts told Alecia to get away, but instead, she just went with it, even as she felt her body fade away.

And soon, Alecia was a ghost once more, she looked human but wasn't, her skin once more had black lightning dance across it, her eyes were dark blue with a purple glow, and her hair was faded dark red with purple streaks once more. "It was good while it lasted Nightmare." She said as she opened her eyes. "Wait what?"

Both Alecia and Nightmare Moon were shocked to discover that the Alicorn was no ghost, but was flesh and blood, Nightmare looked at her friend in shock. "Why am I still alive?" She asked.

Author's Note:

So I changed how the Discord thing went, basically, this chapter works with the idea that Twilight lost hope in Canterlot but found it when she saw Ponyville, and then helped her friends to return to how they should be, everything works basically the same from then on.

So I know I said this already, but I had no idea that this story would be this well received as it was, and it means a lot, thanks to everyone who reads this.

Fun fact: The original idea I had for this story was similar to how this one started, this story was supposed to be about Rarity accidentally waking the spirit of an Earth Pony soldier who lost his memory and having to live with him making things awkward.

Ps. If you want to hear about some old or scrapped ideas of mine, go ahead an ask, It can be about any stories I posted or even didn't post, its up to you though.

As always, hope you enjoyed the chapter.