• Published 13th Mar 2019
  • 1,879 Views, 55 Comments

The cursed resident. - Sylif Daring Doo



There is a building that existed before Ponyville was originally colonized, a strange structure was home to a family of unicorns, many believe this home to be cursed, but regardless of these beliefs, the family remained.

  • ...
3
 55
 1,879

Spark of bravery followed by mischief.

_______*Ponyville, three days later, Rarity's house, 3:00 PM*_______

Alecia and Nightmare Moon watched in curious amusement as Sweetie Belle paced frantically, the filly had come home mumbling. "What do I do? what do I do?"

Of course, neither of the ghosts asked what was wrong, deciding to instead let the filly work it out, the only problem with this was that she had been doing this for thirty minutes, it was confusing for the first five, irritating for the next ten, and then amusing until now.

The filly seemed to be going on and on, and for another two minutes she paced and muttered quietly to herself, and the two ghosts were now taking bets on how long she would go on like this.

What were they betting you may ask? the only thing they had, dares and embarrassing stories.

Soon, after hitting the forty three minute mark, Sweetie Belle looked at Alecia and Nightmare Moon. "Can you help me?" She asked.

Nightmare Moon was the first to speak, giving a slightly confused expression. "I am not sure why you want ME of all ponies to help you, or what exactly you want?" She replied.

"I was invited to Diamond Tiara's cu.....uh......" She paused for a moment before continuing. "Her party to celebrate her getting her cutie mark." She explained. [1]

Alecia blinked. "So what's the problem?" She wondered.

Sweetie Belle sighed. "Isn't it obvious? I don't have one! almost everypony in my class has one!" She pointed out, frustration was clear.

"How are we supposed to help with that? and more to the point, WHY should we help?" Nightmare Moon asked, but before Sweetie could protest, the Alicorn mare held a hoof up. "In case you forgot, we can't leave the house, I can't interact with the physical world yet, and your sister is somehow responsible for this, and to that end, I have no desire to help her or give her any reason to bother me." The mare explained. "It may be selfish of me to say so, but I'm standing by it." She added.

Alecia shrugged. "And on top of that, what does it matter if you have a cutie mark?" She asked, upon seeing the fillies wide eyes at her statement, the ghost rolled her eyes and appeared next to Sweetie Belle. "I don't have one, and yet I have things I'm great at doing, if you ask me, you shouldn't put too much stock into cutie marks, if it appears hurrah, if not? whatever." She then walked in front of the filly and looked down at her. "Why are you so concerned anyway? you don't even know this Diamond Tiara, not that much anyway." She wondered.

Sweetie Belle went to speak again, but she stopped herself and thought on it for a while, she then looked at Alecia. "What do you think I should do? if she just wants ponies to be there, I should probably just avoid it right?" She asked.

This time Nightmare Moon spoke up. "No, you should go." The mare walked over and sighed. "I can't believe I'm going to say this, but you'll be better off if you do go." She said.

Alecia looked at her fellow ghost. "I didn't know you cared." She said.

Nightmare Moon huffed. "I don't, but I am first and foremost a ruler, and it's my responsibility to ensure my subjects are safe and happy.......the latter comes second." She then looked at the filly. "Let me tell you the first thing I learned about pony society, when you are invited to a party, you have to attend unless you refuse then and there, or later if you tell them you'll think about it." She raised an eyebrow.

"Did you refuse or say you'll think about it?" The Alicorn asked.

Sweetie Belle shook her head. "No......but I don't think things are the same now as they used to be." She replied.

Alecia rolled her eyes. "Look, the decision is up to you, we aren't going to even try to convince you to go or stay." She crossed her arms. "Now, let's change the subject, earlier at breakfast you wanted to talk to us about something, what was it?" She wondered.

At the change of topic, Sweetie Belle seemed to calm down slightly. "Yea, I was just wondering if you could clarify a few things for me." She said.

Alecia motioned for the filly to continue, and Nightmare walked over to the window and looked outside.

"Ok......so how much weight can you lift? I mean, you don't have muscle." The filly wondered.

Alecia smirked. "Believe it or not, muscle has no relevance to me anymore, it's all a matter of energy, the more energy I use up, the heavier I can lift, and the older the ghost, the more power they hold." She pointed down with a finger. "I can't exactly prove it right now, but if i tried, I could probably drag the house a little."

Nightmare Moon gave Alecia a stare, comepletely doubting her. "And why do I doubt that?" She asked.

Alecia shrugged. "Because your a pessimist." She stated before Sweetie Belle asked another question. "Do ghosts sleep at all?" The filly wondered.

"Yes." The ghost replied as she let her arms hang at her sides. "Sleep is optional, I can't get tired, but I can be drained from using too much energy, time recovers me, sleep does give me a boost however, I'm guessing it's because then my mind rests when I sleep." She shrugged again. "Or its just coincidence." She added.

"Do you dream at all?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Alecia frowned for a split second before answering. "Yes, but it hasn't happened since I was sealed." She replied.

Nightmare Moon spoke up next. "And if we can dream, then it's only a matter of time before Luna discovers us while dream walking, she of course will want my destruction." She stated calmly.

Alecia looked at the Alicorn. "Your awfully calm about that." She observed, she appeared in front of the Alicorn. "You don't care if you get destroyed do you?" She asked.

Nightmare sighed. "Luna doesn't know how to harm a ghost, let alone destroy one, so I have time to learn to interact with the physical world." She stated.

Alecia stared deep into Nightmare's cat like eyes for a moment before speaking. "Your afraid of Luna, and why is that?" She asked.

Nightmare rolled her eyes and walked through Alecia and towards the stairs. "I am not afraid of Luna, she is weak compared to me." She proclaimed.

Aleica simply grinned. "And yet she's alive, and you are not." She stated before vanishing.

Sweetie Belle looked over at Nightmare Moon who seemed annoyed, judging by the twitching eye. "Are you.....annoyed?" She wondered curiously.

Nightmare Moon looked at the filly with a surprised expression. "No I am not!" She snapped, she then shook her head as she flew upstairs, muttering something under her breath.

Sweetie Belle blinked. "Huh.....she really did seem annoyed." She said to herself before going back to her thinking.

_______*Later, 4:13 PM*_______

Nightmare Moon watched in silence as Alecia stared into the bathroom mirror, the ghost hadn't moved for a long time, but a saddened expression was plain as day. 'At first, I brushed it off as her examining her face after not seeing it for so long, but now it seems like she's remembering something.' She thought.

While the Alicorn disliked hiding, she was curious as to what was causing the ghost to be sad, then she blinked and looked away for a moment. 'Wait....why do I care? I just need this girl to help me escape and learn how to touch things again, why should I care what she feels?' She questioned herself.

Upon looking back, and seeing Alecia looking at her with pained eyes, Nightmare sighed and walked to the empty room, her words from earlier haunted her. 'It's my responsibility to ensure my subjects are safe and happy.' She sighed. "What is wrong with me?.....must be this place." She muttered.

Soon enough, Alecia entered the room with a neutral expression. "Did you meet any humans?" The ghost asked.

Nightmare Moon shook her head. "No, i wasn't concerned with that, and now that I think about it, I was obsessed with eternal night." She replied.

Alecia sat down on the floor and motioned for the Alicorn to join her, and while cautious, Nightmare did sit down with the ghost. "Back in the kingdom......well, empire really, that I lived in, it was considered rude and creepy to watch someone from afar." She looked at the Alicorn. "But if you really want to know what's going on inside my head, I have been digging through my memories, I'm almost done actually. and I would rather tell everyone at once, so please be patient, I just need to work up the nerve to do so." She said.

"Are you afraid of that mare?" Nightmare asked with a perplexed expression.

Alecia rolled her eyes. "No, but these memories aren't easy for me to talk about, so I would rather get it out only once." She stated.

______*a few days later*______

Sweetie Belle walked into the house with a large smile, she spotted Rarity who looked like she was in a sour mood, mostly because Alecia and Nightmare had grins on their faces, she looked at the ghosts. "What did I miss?" She asked.

Alecia shrugged. "Simple mind games." She replied easily.

"Seeing as I cannot yet touch objects or anything physical, we have been.......teasing, your sister." Nightmare Moon replied.

Rarity gave the two a look that could kill........assuming they were alive, she then began to tell her sister what had happened.

_______*earlier that day.*______

Rarity had just gotten out of bed and stretched her legs to work out any stiff muscles, she blinked and rubbed her eyes before walking to the bathroom, she walked through the open door and turned on the shower to have it start heating up.

That was when she paused, she looked back and saw that the door was indeed open. "I could have sworn I closed it." She whispered before shaking her head clear. "Nevermind." She then opened the shower curtains and stepped into the shower, she closed the curtains and let the water soak in.

"Raaarrrityy."A voice whispered into her ear.

Rarity looked over her shoulder and saw nothing, she sighed to herself. "I must be losing it." She muttered.

After she was ready, she grabbed the shampoo and opened it, but just as she went to apply it, the shower curtains opened quickly. "We're haunting you!" Both Alecia and Nightmare Moon stated loudly.

Rarity reacted just as anypony could expect when faced with two ghosts that appeared as severed heads, she screamed.

______*later.*______

Rarity was now in the living room reading a book, her boutique was closed today and she intended to relax, she took a sip of her grape juice and set the cup down, she flipped the page and heard shuffling from the window behind her, she bookmarked the page before she set the book down and stood up.

Rarity walked to the window and looked outside, she saw nothing at all aside from the townsponies going about their day, she walked to her chair and sat down, she shook her head and picked up her book.

She opened it to her bookmarked page and screamed in terror as Nightmare Moon's head emerged from the page with a cry of fury.

Rarity immediately ran away and headed outside.

_______*the present.*________

"It was just harmless pranks." Alecia stated.

Rarity's glare intensified. "Says the one scaring me half to death." She angrily said.

Nightmare Moon shook her head and looked at the filly. "You seem to be in a good mood, what happened?" She wondered.

Sweetie Belle smiled and told the two ghosts and her sister about her day, how she and her friend Scootaloo stood up for Apple Bloom, their new friend and swore to help each other find their cutie marks together.

Rarity was proud and happy for her sister, while Alecia and Nightmare Moon were kind of indifferent, Sweetie Belle didn't seem to notice, and if she did she wasn't saying anything.

Alecia began to float around as she talked. "Do they know about me and Nightmare?" She wondered.

"Not that I know of......why?" Sweetie Belle replied as she watched the ghost.

Alecia chuckled. "It'll be a great way to mess with them on Hallows Eve." She stated mischievously.

Sweetie Belle glanced at her grouchy sister and looked at the ghost. "Maybe not, I don't want to scare them off." She replied.

"Fair enough." Alecia said before vanishing.

Author's Note:

[1]If someone could show me how to actually spell the word/words, that would be appreciated.