• Published 13th Mar 2019
  • 1,879 Views, 55 Comments

The cursed resident. - Sylif Daring Doo



There is a building that existed before Ponyville was originally colonized, a strange structure was home to a family of unicorns, many believe this home to be cursed, but regardless of these beliefs, the family remained.

  • ...
3
 55
 1,879

A meeting of fate.

______*The next morning, Rarity's House, Ponyville, 10:01 AM*______

Rarity groaned as she awoke to the sound of the front door knocking, she sighed dejectedly and opened her eyes, not even bothering to shield her eyes from the light she sat up. "Who knocks on somepony's door at this hour?" She asked herself while she got up and off the bed.

Rarity rubbed her left eye as she walked to the door to leave her room, she heard the knocking again and she grumbled under her breath, barely audible to any other but with just as much annoyance in her voice, she left her room and walked to the stairs, she heard Sweetie Belle and Nightmare Moon complaining about the time in their own seperate rooms, she reached the stairs and headed down them slowly, her tired mind made her tired body go slow.

Another knock came at the door when Rarity reached the bottom of the stairs, she sighed. "I'm coming." She said, hopefully loud enough to hear from the other side of the door, she walked right up to the door and opened it with her magic, on the other side of the door stood a Pegasus mare with lavender fur, a short and unkempt blue mane and tail, pale gray eyes and a cutie mark of a wing and a large brown claw, her wings also had gray coloring an inch from the tips, the Pegasus also wore a necklace with an old silver coin attached to it, she stood in both a calm and nervous way.

"Can I help you?" Rarity asked, her expression was both tired and annoyed at the same time, indicating that all she wanted was to go back to bed so she could catch up on sleep.

The Pegasus opened her mouth and spoke. "I'm sorry to disturb you miss, my name is Feral Wing, I was told to come to Ponyville, a mare named Twilight Sparkle sent me here." She introduced herself.

Rarity nodded tiredly, she was about to speak when she did a mental double take on what the Pegasus said, she then sighed. "Right.....come on in corporal." She replied, allowing the mare inside.

"Please, call me Feral." The Pegasus said, walking inside the house.

Rarity closed the door and blinked, she then rubbed her eyes and walked to the living room. "Can I.....get you anything? tea, coffee, water?" She offered politely yet tiredly.

Feral shook her head. "No I'm fine, I'm sorry about coming here so early, I would have been here later in the day but I woke up early." She apologized.

"No no.....it's probably for the best, why don't you get comfortable? i want to know exactly what you were told." Rarity replied, walking over to and then sitting down on her couch.

Feral nodded and walked over to one of the chairs, she sat down on it and looked at Rarity. "Well, I was told that there was a bloodline curse that only I could break, when I asked why that was, Princess Luna explained that a human ancestor of mine was trapped here through blood magic, when I asked exactly what was going on, I was told that my ancestor is here as a ghost, I was skeptical at first but when I heard the entire town saw her as well as Princess Luna, I couldn't deny it." She explained.

"When I got here, Twilight Sparkle the librarian cast a spell that she said would allow me to see and hear the ghost, I wasn't told much else except to come here." Feral continued, now looking at Rarity expecting a reply.

Rarity sighed and stretched a little to help herself wake up. "Well, you're in the right house, the ghosts name is Alecia, she changed a lot around this house, including Nightmare Moon."

"Nightmare Moon?" Feral Wing asked, tensing up a little. "She knows....Alecia?" She asked curiously yet cautiously.

Rarity looked at Feral and nodded. "She also lives here, Alecia helped her to cope with being a ghost until Discord revived her for whatever reason." She explained. "Nightmare Moon has come a long way since she and Princess Luna were seperated." She added.

Feral Wing said nothing, instead she gained an expression of deep thought, she maintained this silence until she heard someone walking down the stairs, she looked up and then to the stairs, she waited for a moment until she saw a little unicorn filly with white fur, a pink and purple mane, she had one green eye but her right eye was instead a pale blue with ghostly white mist, she was just as tired as Rarity and she walked in sleepily. "Good morning Sweetie Belle." Rarity said.

The filly made a grunt like sound and looked up, she blinked and stared at Feral Wing in surprise. "Um." She started, thankfully Rarity spoke quickly yet calmly. "Allow me to introduce you two, Sweetie Belle, this is Feral Wing Alecia's decendant." She then looked at the Pegasus. "This is Sweetie Belle, my sister." She said.

Feral Wing watched as Sweetie Belle's eyes widened in realization of something, the filly quickly lost her tired expression and seemed to gain boundless energy as she quickly darted upstairs.

"She's a little......energetic." Rarity stated.

_____*upstairs.*_____

Nightmare Moon and Alecia's room, which was once sealed off from the rest of the world, was now just a normal bedroom, the walls were repainted dark blue on the bottom half of the walls and the upper half was painted gray, the carpet was now dark purple and the door was replaced with an oaken one, there was a queen sized bed in the room along with two end tables, one for each side of the bed, there was a spruce desk and chair in the corner along with a small matching bookshelf next to it, there was one addition to the room that both roommates were certain they would keep, it was a phonograph that sat on a black cabinet, but instead of a gold or brass horn it had a silver one.

The bed had a metal frame that it stood on, dark gray sheets lay under a warm black blanket and a thick dark blue comforter, the pillows were soft and the pillow cases were dark gray, perhaps the only oddity on the bed was the ghost with vibrant red hair and bright blue eyes, laying on the bed with her head hanging off the edge opposite the pillows.

Nightmare Moon sat at her desk reading while she and Alecia listened to a song on the device, and thanks to the soundproofing spell that Nightmare placed, no one outside the room would hear it. "You know Night, it's moments like this that make being dead easier." Alecia said as she listened to the music.

"Yes, it is good music......what kind of music did the humans or elves have?" The Alicorn asked out of curiosity, bookmarking the page she was on then setting the book down.

Alecia opened her right eye and looked at Nightmare Moon. "Well.....the elves loved harps and flutes, but they also had a few drums, but they mostly sang." She replied. "Humans on the other hand, got themselves a bunch of trumpets, drums, violins, a few tubas, and very very few pianos from Equestria." She added. "But one thing I wanted for years and yet I could never find in decent condition was a genuine dwarven horn." She chuckled and then sighed. "Those things had such amazing quality, the sounds they made were unequaled and they were unbelievably rare."

Nightmare looked at her friend. "I'll believe you......by the way, if you hate humanity so much, why do you make yourself look like that?" She asked out of curiosity.

Alecia shrugged. "I like how I used to look, it reminds me of better days." She said.

Nightmare nodded in understanding. "Perhaps you would like to be aware that we aren't alone." She said, her horn lit up and the phonograph stopped playing, the door knob then lit up in magic and turned.

The door opened and in the doorway stood Sweetie Belle, her hoof where the door knob was, she looked inside the room. "Um.....am I interrupting something?" She asked.

Alecia shook her head and her hair returned to normal, becoming faded dark red again and her eye color darkened, her hair gained purple streaks and her eyes had a purple glow to them. "What is it?" She asked.

"Um......Feral Wing is here......right now." Sweetie Belle said.

Nightmare Moon looked and watched as Alecia fell silent, the ghost sighed and sat up. "Well.....time to meet the great great something grandniece." She said before standing up and putting her hands in her pockets, she then walked out of the room with Sweetie Belle.

"I'm not missing this." Nightmare said, standing up and following Alecia out.

Sweetie Belle noticed that Alecia had gained a sad expression, she walked a little slower and walked next to Nightmare Moon. "Is she going to be alright?" She asked.

Nightmare nodded. "Yea, she will be, I think she's just nervous, don't worry Sweetie Belle, it'll be alright." She said reassuringly, her words served to help calm the filly, as she visibly relaxed.

______*downstairs.*______

Rarity and Feral Wing had continued discussing various topics since Sweetie Belle rushed up the stairs, they talked about places like Canterlot, Manehatten, Fillydelphia, and Feral's old station at the Badlands border.

They also talked about a few other things, one among them being the Nobles in Canterlot, apparently Feral Wing was something of a prankster, she always played jokes on the nobles, including but not limited to flour covered tree sap globs.

"It's one thing to listen to a noble drone on and on about really stupid stuff, but it's another thing entirely to watch them complain or speak while either covered in sap or bald." Feral chuckled. "They will NEVER catch me in the act though." She said, gaining an amused smile.

Rarity nodded, while she was a little annoyed that she had to deal with a third prankster, she was glad to hear that she didn't go after those who didn't deserve It, though she may have been biased, having heard how she shaved Prince Blueblood bald in his sleep. "How in Celestia's name did you get away with that one anyway?" She asked.

Feral Wing laughed evily and her eyes gained a mischievous spark to them. "THAT.....is a trade secret, known only to the royal guard." She stated with amusement.

"It would be possible if you used a numbing jinx." A voice stated.

Rarity and Feral Wing looked at the stairs and saw Nightmare Moon standing by them with Sweetie Belle. "Aren't jinxes a form of magic?" Sweetie Belle asked.

The two entered the room and Nightmare went into an explanation. "A Jinx can be bound to an object for conventional use, but if one can use magic, it is very simple to do, jinxes are in fact magic, but of a more mundane variety of hexes." She then walked to the opposite chair and sat down while Sweetie Belle ran up to her sister and sat next to her.

"Well, thanks for ruining the secret." Feral Wing stated with a mock glare, but she didn't hold it for long as her amused expression returned. "So um......is Alecia joining us?" She asked curiously.

"Soon, she had something she wanted to do." Nightmare replied.

Feral Wing looked at Rarity and Sweetie Belle. "So, what was it like, the first few weeks having a ghost around?" She asked, just as soon as she finished speaking, Feral felt something ice cold grab her shoulders and she cried out in shock, she jumped up, spreading her wings and spinning around, only to see nothing, she flew around the chair and saw nothing again.

Feral Wing looked at Rarity, Sweetie Belle and Nightmare Moon, none of their horns were lit and they were all holding in laughs, she was about to say something when she heard a voice behind you. "Behind you." It said.

The Pegasus jumped in surprise and flipped around to come face to face with a grinning ghost, she jumped a little and the laughter of Nightmare Moon and Sweetie Belle filled the room, Rarity sighed at the ghosts antics. "That is basically what it was like." Rarity said.

Feral Wing took a breath and landed, she folded her wings and looked at the ghost. "You must be Alecia." She said, her voice was slightly shaky.

Alecia gave a mock bow and laid back in the air, she floated and let out a short laugh. "Yea......I, whew, that's me, your ancestor as I haunt and laugh." She introduced herself and looked Feral Wing over.

"I'm Feral Wing, but you know that already.....um, I uh, wow......I have so many questions." She said, mentally debating what to say to the ghost.

Alecia smiled and watched Feral Wing's internal debate, she then set herself down on the ground and crossed her arms. "You really are my brothers decendant." She said.

Feral Wing paused and looked over at Alecia with a confused expression. "What do you mean?" She asked with curiosity, she sat down in the chair again as the ghost leaned against the wall to the next room.

"You have his eyes, you have his curiosity and his love of discovery, the similarities are many, but those three I can recognize anywhere." Alecia said before vanishing and promptly appearing in front of Feral Wing, the Pegasus was startled but didn't move away when Alecia placed a hand on Feral's head and on the left side of her face. "You aren't like other Pegasi are you?" The ghost asked.

Feral Wing's eyes widened and she pulled away from Alecia, she stared into the ghosts eyes for a while until she spoke. "No, I'm not, I've always had a.....ability, I um......i freeze things." She said hesitantly.

Alecia rested her hand on her knee and looked at the nervous Feral Wing, she sighed. "My brother Markus had powers too." She started, this seemed to get the attention of the young Pegasus. "He had the power to know things before they happened, when he was ten he predicted that he would meet his sister.....me, seven years later we met, we didn't get along very well but i grew to love him, he told me of his abilities and while I was skeptical, I was willing to give him a chance to prove it." She chuckled. "And he did, he did." She muttered.

"What was he like?" Feral Wing asked.

Alecia smiled. "He was.....inquisitive, he never seemed to want to stop learning and always hounded me about my habit of ignoring history and studies on monsters or such, he was the first one to try and stop me from joining the army....if only I had known just what I was getting myself into." She shook her head sadly before continuing. "I loved him though, him and his wife Red, in short, my brother was a kind and gentle soul, smart as hell and with a good sense of humor." She said, she then stood up and walked to the nearby wall and leaned on it, she fell silent as she went into thought.

Feral Wing got up off the chair and looked over at Alecia. "Can.....can you tell me about his wife?" She asked quietly.

Alecia nodded. "I don't know much about her past, I was never around much to get to know her very well, so I can only tell you what I do know.....she was a fiery one, had a quick temper and we butted heads a lot, she had a good heart though, her kindness gave her the motivation to become a healer, patched me up a few times before we argued and.......well, let's just say I grew to care about her as my sister the more I saw her." She stated, she smiled before continuing. "She loved Markus to death, that much I know, she was nice enough when we weren't arguing and she was also very beautiful, I miss her a lot." Alecia said in fond remembrance, she fell silent as she mentally reminisced.

Feral Wing heard movement and she looked to her left, Nightmare was walking over. "Maybe we should continue this talk another time?" She suggested, she froze and the Alicorn stared at Feral Wing. "It's not possible." Nightmare Moon said.

Rarity and Sweetie Belle watched as Nightmare knelt down and stared at Feral Wing's neck, or more importantly, what was around it, the Alicorn lit her horn and her magic gripped the coin, the Pegasus immediately protested. "Give that back!" She snapped.

Nightmare Moon paid no mind as she turned the coin over, on the one side was a crecent moon and on the other side was an orb with flames behind it, a marking that was all too familiar to the Alicorn. "This is her coin." The Alicorn whispered.

Feral Wing stopped and looked at Nightmare who glared at her in an intimidating manner. "Where did you get this?" The question came out as a demand, one that Feral was quick to answer.

"I was told it was a family heirloom! dating back to the years you and Princess Celestia ruled together." The Pegasus answered immediately.

Nightmare Moon looked at the coin again and huffed. "They didn't even maintain my craftsmanship, disgraceful." She lit her horn and without seconds the cuts, scratches, dents and decay were gone, and in the place of an old and shoddy coin, was a shining silver coin with a cobalt trim. "Where.....did this coin come from?" Rarity asked, not wishing to be out of the loop.

Nightmare Moon rose to her full height and returned the coin to Feral Wing. "I made it, it was a gift to my student Dark Glyph, the first and only human to wield magic." She explained.

"From what I heard, years after your banishment Glyph managed to find out who her parents were, well, all but their names, she found this out because her father's sister had wiped out the Shadow Elves." Feral Wing added. "At least, that's what the journals say." She added.

Rarity, Nightmare Moon and Alecia all fell silent at those words, they all then came to the same conclusion, Nightmare Moon was the first to speak up about it however, and her words cut straight through the silence. "MY APPRENTICE WAS ALECIA'S NIECE!?"

Author's Note:

Dun Dun DUUUUNNNN!!!

Well, that was dramatic, maybe.

One last chapter before the new year, here you go guys, enjoy.