• Published 13th Mar 2019
  • 1,879 Views, 55 Comments

The cursed resident. - Sylif Daring Doo



There is a building that existed before Ponyville was originally colonized, a strange structure was home to a family of unicorns, many believe this home to be cursed, but regardless of these beliefs, the family remained.

  • ...
3
 55
 1,879

Facing fear.

"A wise man once told me, Do not fear your past, it makes you who you are, the only thing you should fear is what follows you to the present, as you never know what has changed."

"I was told many things by many people in my life, but one thing above all others rings clear even now, Sacrifice can mean much, and affect even more, it can spark hope, it can cause anger or hatred, it can drive others to incredible acts, but what must be remembered above all else are four words......was it worth it?"

______*Ponyville, Rarity's house, a week later.*______

Sweetie Belle had left for Canterlot on a school field trip, Rarity was home and was disappointed with the Gala, but she was no longer extremely tired and seemed to be feeling much better, but it didn't help that Nightmare had a knowing grin on her face, which meant that she knew exactly what would happen. "That's what you get when you raise your hopes too high." The Alicorn teased.

Rarity had of course wanted to counter that with an obvious fact, but chose not to do so, feeling it was out of line.

Alecia had watched the following arguement with interest, finding it amusing to watch a unicorn argue with the ghost of her former enemy about something so trivial.

"Hey Alecia." Nightmare said, getting the ghosts attention. "Have you ever been to the Gala?" She asked.

"No.....I only ever went to one formal party at the Emperors castle and that was an awards ceremony, and the war-" she stopped herself immediately, which did not go unnoticed by the others, she looked off in the distance, quiet all of a sudden. "What war?" Rarity asked.

Nightmare noticed that Alecia didn't want to talk, so she did it for her. "Last time we talked about your past, you said something about the Lost Legion going to the front lines right?" She asked.

Alecia looked at Nightmare and glared. "I did, and I would prefer not to talk about it." She stated flatly, clearly annoyed.

"Aren't you the one who said that it didn't bother you anymore?" Nightmare replied.

At that, Alecia paused, she sighed and crossed her arms. "Whatever, I'll tell you when the kid gets back." She said before vanishing.

Rarity and Nightmare waited a while before talking. "Are you sure provoking her is a good idea?" Rarity asked.

"It isn't, I'm just tired of dancing around the details." Nightmare stated before walking away.

Rarity watched as Nightmare walked outside, but did notice a slight pause in her movement, it seemed odd but she decided not to question it.

Rarity then walked out of the house herself, heading to her boutique to get to work.

Nightmare meanwhile, felt a shiver run down her spine as she felt an odd presence on the air, it did not belong, that was for certain. "What was that?" She asked herself quietly as she walked.

Rarity looked up at the sky and noticed something rather odd, a floating spot of pink in the sky, she raised an eyebrow and had a confused expression on her face, but she did not investigate, hoping it was just an error and that the weather team was just pulling a prank.

If only she had any idea of just how wrong she was.

_____*Canterlot, two hours later.*_____

Sweetie Belle looked up at the sky which seemed to be altered in a somewhat amusing yet scary way, the sky itself was now a myriad of different colors like orange, yellow, blue and brown, there were pink clouds raining chocolate in every direction.....and in some cases the chocolate appeared away from the cloud and flew towards it.

Right now she was on a balcony of a relatively stable house, the school field trip had hidden there when everything happened.

The city was rearranged strangely, shop doors faced walls, windows faced the ceiling and some roads led into walls that were actually doors, and doors that were actually walls or windows.

The strangest thing however was that some of the birds were flying upside down......as in their wings were upside down and they were attempting flight.

Sweetie Belle jumped in surprise when she felt a hoof touch her shoulder, she spun and looked at who did it and saw Scootaloo looking at her with concern. "Are you okay Sweetie Belle?" She asked.

After taking a deep breath to calm herself down a little, Sweetie Belle nodded. "Yea I'm alright, I was just startled." She replied, dodging the question that she knew her friend wanted answered.

"Cheerilee said we are going home before anything else happens, so lets go." The young Pegasus said.

Sweetie Belle nodded and followed Scootaloo to the staircase, the room they were in was old and looked weathered from time, the only light came from the outside and one dimly lit candle in the corner, they had almost reached the stairs when they heard an eerie laugh echo upon the wind.

"Leaving so soon? the party has JUST begun!" Declared a voice filled with deviousness and smugness, scaring the fillies into being still.

Scootaloo was the first to break free of her fear and she charged at the stairs, only to be stopped by an invisible wall, she fell backwards and rubbed her head. "What the?-" She was cut off when a pop could be heard behind them.

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo looked back and saw none other than Discord floating behind them, he was a draconequus, he had a pale yellow lions paw, the left yellow talon of a brown eagle, the right wing of a purple bat, the right wing of a blue bird, the body of a brown horse, the head of a gray pony with an ivory deer antler on the right, a turquoise goat horn on the left side if his head, a single long fang, yellow eyes with red pupils, a black mane and he had the white furred beard of a goat, he had the right leg of a green lizard, the left leg was that of a goats hoof, and he also had a red snake tail with a white tuft of hair at the end. [1]

Discord looked down at the fillies with a grin. "Well well well, what do we have here? a pair of fillies stuck in a bind?" He said with a perplexed expression as he stroked his beard, staring at them.

The god of chaos and mischief seemed to noticed something and leaned down, staring intently at Sweetie Belle who was petrified in fear. "Curious." He muttered.

Scootaloo got up and immediately got in between Discord and Sweetie Belle. "Don't come any closer!" She snapped.

Discord narrowed his eyes and snapped his talon, and Scootaloo was suddenly transparent. "What the!" The Pegasus said in shock before glaring at Discord, she went to speak but found herself unable to do so.

"Those eyes of yours.....they are those of one who sees the dead." Discord observed. "Dark stuff, haven't seen that in a long time." He mused.

Sweetie Belle backed up only to bump into something, she froze and looked back, seeing Discord looking down at her. "Nothing amusing about the dead, they just linger on and on helplessly until they resolve whatever it was keeping them around." He picked the filly up in his magic. "Then again, you have found two unique individuals.....perhaps I should pay them a visit?" He wondered as he dropped Sweetie Belle.

The young unicorn suddenly spoke as Discord turned around. "You can't!" She blurted out, she immediately covered her mouth as Discord looked back at them.

"You....care? about those ghosts?" He noted, he then gained a devious grin. "Then lets see how they react to some sudden breathing syndrome." He said before teleporting them away.

Once the three of them were gone, a voice called out. "Scootaloo? Sweetie Belle? are you up there!?" Apple Bloom called out.

______*Ponyville*______

Sweetie Belle cried out as she fell to the ground, she thankfully landed on something soft, she groaned as she got up, realizing that she had landed on a pillow for some reason, as she stood, she only had one thought on her mind. "I need to warn them." She said to herself.

Ponyville was a mess, pigs flew, houses spun in the air, the ground snored and the ponies seemed to be utterly drained from something.

"Sweetie Belle?" Alecia's voice asked curiously.

The filly looked back and saw the ghost looking at her. "Alecia! Discord is free! He's looking for you!" Sweetie Belle said quickly.

Alecia was about to talk when she saw something behind the filly. "Sweetie Belle, go." She ordered flatly.

Sweetie Belle turned around and saw Discord behind her, he had a knowing grin on his face. "No." She whispered, she looked at Alecia. "Run!" She managed to say before being teleported away.

Discord chuckled. "Nightmare Moon, interesting decision, I will be honest, I wasn't expecting you to care enough to try and send her away." He said before teleporting the filly back.

Nightmare Moon stood behind Discord and narrowed her eyes. "Leave the girl out of this Discord, I don't care what you want with us, let. her go." She demanded.

Discord grinned and snapped his fingers. "Patience my dear Nightmare." He said as Sweetie Belle was teleported into an invisible box above him, she was panicking and attempting to get out.

Alecia crossed her arms. "You don't belong here Discord, why don't you just return to where you came from and leave us be?" She asked indifferently.

Discord laughed as he looked at the ghost. "I don't belong? speak for yourself! You defy the natural law in a very cruel way after all." He taunted as he stepped forward.

"What is he talking about!?" Sweetie Belle called out.

Alecia remained silent as Discord's grin grew. "You never said anything? Oh this is just PERFECT!" He chuckled darkly. "Shall I tell the filly? of your betrayal?" He teased.

"Be quiet trickster." Alecia said as she appeared before Discord and threw a punch at his face, only for his head to wrap around her spectral arm. "Tsk tsk tsk." He said, shaking his finger back and forth. "Now now human, you know the law, you may not harm any living being." He mocked.

Alecia growled and vanished, appearing behind him and kicking him in the back, Discord fell forward and promptly turned into a paper version of himself, he rose up from it holding his hands together as though he were rising to the sky, he then opened his eyes. "Of course, that doesn't apply to you does it?" He smirked.

"What is he talking about Alecia?" Nightmare asked as she stepped up.

Discord laughed as the ghost said nothing, instead she just glared up at him. "Shall I tell them? or will you speak up? last chance to be truthful after all." He taunted.

Alecia looked down at the ground, saying nothing, Sweetie Belle and Nightmare stared at their friend with wide eyes, wondering just what she refused to tell them.

Discord however was all too happy to speak. "Since you will not speak, I will.....you see young one, your 'friend' betrayed your trust.....in fact she still does it even now." He remarked.

Sweetie Belle looked at Discord and considered everything, he was the god of chaos and mischief, he loved to toy with everyone like puppets, and he seemed to get a kick out of watching others suffer. "You're lying!" She snapped.

Discord grinned widely. "If I was, Alecia wouldn't be so silent now would she?" He pointed out, making the filly pause. "Her betrayal is simple and cruel.....it also spits in the face of the natural law, for every single moment of her existence-"

"SILENCE!" Alecia shouted before throwing an arc of black lightning at Discord, which he easily dodged. "Even now she tries to hide it." He taunted.

Discord appeared behind Sweetie Belle and spoke. "Alecia is slowly draining the life force of your sister, eventually she will die and Alecia will live once more." He said, making both Sweetie Belle and Nightmare Moon freeze.

Nightmare stared at Alecia who for once, seemed unbelievably angry, though she didn't try to deny the accusation. "Alecia?" She asked.

The ghost looked at Nightmare and her eyes said everything....what Discord said was the truth. "If it means anything, I didn't realize it until recently." She said as Discord laughed.

"Nothing causes chaos quite like this huh human!?" The god of chaos shouted. "Perhaps you need to take a deep 'breath' and think about what you've done!" He said with maniacal glee before snapping his fingers.

Alecia went to throw another bolt of black lightning but found herself unresponsive, she felt incredible pain shoot through her body and cried out, falling to the ground, her body colliding with the dirt, she suddenly found herself choking and writhing on the ground.

Sweetie Belle and Nightmare Moon watched in horror as Alecia struggled on the ground, now flesh and blood, Nightmare also realized that she was human again, because she looked like she did before on the roof.

Discord laughed. "What better suffering is there than life? and looking like you do, you will be constantly reminded of a time long gone, farewell you three! I hope you enjoy each others company, because you are linked to her now!" He finished before teleporting away with a last evil laugh, echoing on the wind.

Nightmare was the first to rush to Alecia, but as soon as she took her first step, she suddenly felt intense pain through her whole body for a moment, she grit her teeth and kept moving, not caring one bit that she was living again as she walked to her friend.

Alecia looked like she couldn't breathe, she grabbed at her throat and choked in pain, Nightmare used her magic and did a quick scan of Alecia, she found nothing wrong which could only mean one thing.

Sweetie Belle fell from her prison and landed hard on the ground, she ran over to Alecia and knelt down, she clutched the gh-human's hand away from her throat. "Come on Alecia, breathe!" She said.

"She must have forgotten how to breathe." Nightmare said, the Alicorn then moved Alecia's hand away from her throat.

Alecia looked at Nightmare, her vision blurred and her pain rising, she tried to speak but was unable. "Breathe you idiot! remember how to breathe! That's an order you hear me!" The Alicorn ordered.

The human choked a few more times before falling silent, her fell back and her eyes closed, he struggling stopped and all at once, Sweetie Belle felt her heart break. "No....no no no no no!" She cried as she shook Alecia.

Nightmare was silent as she dropped down to her knees, she closed her eyes. "Don't die Alecia." She begged.

"I'M NOT DYING YOU IDIOT!" Alecia snapped as she looked at Nightmare. "I mean, Nightmare." She rested her head back on the ground. "I'm just.....tired, for once." She added. [2]

Sweetie Belle hugged Alecia and cried silently, and the human looked at the filly. "Why are you crying over me? I was dead before after all." She asked quietly.

The filly looked at Alecia with watery eyes. "Is it wrong to cry when you think a friend died?" She asked tiredly.

Nightmare sighed and laid down next to Alecia. "So, this really is what you looked like before you died?" She asked.

Alecia slowly sat up. "Yea, I uh.....no, it isn't actually, this is what I looked like when I was human." She replied.

"You aren't human now?" Sweetie Belle asked curiously.

Alecia rolled her eyes and poked the filly's head. "I am right now, but for now, lets just get past Discord being back, then I'll talk." She replied, standing up.

Sweetie Belle and Nightmare Moon stood up, looking around at the changed town. "Alecia, do you still have magic?" Nightmare asked.

Alecia shook her head. "No, I figured out how to do that a week ago, and I'm also certain that my blood wont be able to break the curse." She replied.

Nightmare summoned a small vial. "Better safe than sorry." She said.

Sweetie Belle immediately looked away and focused on everything else, but soon Alecia called. "Let's go! we might be able to find your sister or one of her friends." She said.

And with that, the two former ghosts and filly headed for Twilight's library, knowing that when strange things happen, that's where they go first.

______*To be continued*______

Author's Note:

[1] This is probably the only time i will ever describe Discord like this, so dont get too used to it, also, yes....i ripped this right off the wiki, dont judge me! its a pain to describe his appearance otherwise.

[2] I wonder how many people will get this one.

First time with a to be continued, and with such a big cliffhanger too!

Hope you enjoy this chapter.