• Published 13th Mar 2019
  • 1,879 Views, 55 Comments

The cursed resident. - Sylif Daring Doo



There is a building that existed before Ponyville was originally colonized, a strange structure was home to a family of unicorns, many believe this home to be cursed, but regardless of these beliefs, the family remained.

  • ...
3
 55
 1,879

Invitation.

*One week later, Ponyville fields, 2:15 PM*

It was another peaceful day in Ponyville, the sun was shining above a clear blue sky with a few scattered white clouds floating about lazily, all in all it was a beautiful day for a picnic.

Which is exactly what Rarity and her friends were having, they had all been swamped with work lately and today was the perfect chance for them all to catch up with recent events, Rarity herself had brought some dinner rolls...and Nightmare Moon who was bored.

Pinkie Pie, Twilight and Applejack brought the rest of the food however, Pinkie brought a box of small cupcakes, one for each of them and one for Nightmare strangely enough, Applejack brought an apple pie and Twilight brought along a variety of fruits and veggies.

Spike was here as was Alecia who decided to 'get some air' even though she didn't need it, the dragon brought along a few gems for himself to eat if he didn't feel like eating the other food and Alecia brought nothing.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy had both brought a cooler of cold water bottles, some juice boxes and bottles of iced tea, which was very much appreciated on the hot day.

Rarity smiled as she idly sipped from a juice box she grabbed at random, she watched as her friends talked and enjoyed the picnic they had planned a few days ago, Twilight was both a part of the ongoing conversation and not a part of it, as she was occasionally glancing down and reading the book she brought with her. "What are you reading Twilight?" The white unicorn asked out of curiosity.

Twilight looked up from her book and looked at Rarity with a smile. "Oh, it's a book that Princess Celestia sent me after I asked, it's Ancient Relics and Magical Tools of the Warrior Mages, Volume One." She explained before flipping back a page and showing it to Rarity.

On the page was a detailed illustration of an Orb of Draining and a very detailed description of its purpose and function. "It obviously doesn't show you how to make it, but that's for the best really." Twilight said excitedly. "Most of these Relics and Tools are designed for a much more brutal time, so I really hope they are all gone." She stated.

Nightmare Moon chuckled and looked over at Twilight from across the picnic blanket, the Alicorn was disguised as Silver Wing and wore a large grin. "It's funny hearing YOU of all ponies wanting an artifact to not exist." She grinned, her statement got an amused laugh from the others and Alecia simply smirked as she floated around the group.

Twilight blushed and hid her face behind the book out of embarrassment, she spoke quietly soon after. "O-o-only because they are dangerous." She muttered quietly, which only served to make the others laugh more, all except for Rarity.

Rarity opened her mouth to silence her friends but she stopped herself when she heard Spike belch, she looked at the dragon and saw that he was holding a scroll in his hand. "What is that Spike?" She asked, not recognizing the seal on the letter.

Everyone quieted down and listened as Spike opened the letter and read it aloud. "Dear Twilight Sparkle, you are cordially invited to attend the wedding of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and...Shining Armor!?" The dragon paused for a second before continuing. "Ps...I am eager to hear your thoughts on that book I sent you when you have time...your mentor, Princess Celestia." He read off, he then looked at the others but more specifically at Twilight. "I didn't know Shining Armor was getting married." He commented.

Rarity looked at Twilight who wore an agitated expression and her eyes were narrowed. "Twilight, are you?-" She was unable to finish that sentence as Spike belched out two more scrolls, she looked at Spike and waited as he opened the more plain looking scroll.

"Dear Nightmare Moon/Silver Wing, you are cordially invited to attend the wedding of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and Shining Armor." Spike cleared his throat and continued. "Ps...Luna and myself would like to discuss something important with you the next time you are in Canterlot...your sister? Celestia." Spike read off from the letter, after he was done with that one he set about to opening the last one while Nightmare Moon read her letter over, confirming that Celestia didn't actually know what their relation was anymore, hence the question mark.

Once Spike opened the last letter he began to read it off. "Dear Twilight, I know you must be confused or even overwhelmed by the news of your brothers wedding, but I would like you to relay these requests to your friends." Spike cleared his throat and began reading off the requests. "For Rarity, I would like you to design the wedding dress for the bride, you will of course be paid for your time and services, and you may bring your sister along should she wish to go." Spike read.

Rarity had to conceal the large grin that she felt was coming, she still had a large joyous smile on her face at the prospect of designing a Princess's wedding dress. 'I need to ask Sweetie Belle if she wants to go, and if not I need to find somepony to watch her because I really don't trust Alecia to do it.' She started to plan out what she was going to do and went through a checklist for who could watch her sister should she stay in Ponyville.

"For Rainbow Dash, I would like you to perform the Sonic Rainboom at the ceremony, exact details will be explained should you accept." Spike continued.

Rainbow Dash grinned. "Awesome!" She stated enthusiastically, it was obvious she was going as she would have a chance to show her stuff at a Royal Wedding.

"For Applejack, I would like you to cater the wedding, you will be paid well for your time and efforts of course and should she wish to go, you may bring your sister...ps, as a personal request can you bring me one of those delicious apple pies? I must admit I have been craving one ever since the Summer Sun Celebration." Spike read off.

Applejack looked eager, it was obvious she was going but her expression was thoughtful, she was clearly thinking on what her family could do with the extra bits and potential business. "It would be nice to get some extra bits so we could replace that old plough or maybe even Granny's hip." She whispered to herself before devolving into sounding muttering.

"For Pinkie Pie, I can think of nopony better to bake the wedding cake and help plan the reception, just like your friends you will be paid for time and efforts, I cannot wait to see what you come up with if you accept." Spike read.

Pinkie nodded eagerly, she was going, that much was obvious just by reading her expression, she said nothing and waited as Spike read off the next part of the letter.

"For Fluttershy, I would like to ask you if you could train your birds to sing for when the bride comes down the isle, I will understand if you choose not to however, but you are still invited to wedding regardless." Spike read off.

Fluttershy was silent as usual as she watched Spike read the letter, it was difficult to tell what she was thinking because of her mane hiding her eyes when she slunk behind it.

"I shall await your reply, Princess Celestia." Spike read off before setting the letter down and grabbing a bottle of water, he then started to drink it as everyone else went to talk, but not before Twilight burst.

"WHY DIDNT HE TELL ME HE WAS GETTING MARRIED!?" Twilight shouted, causing her friends to recoil just like the nearby ponies who were also enjoying the day, Alecia of course didn't flinch and Nightmare was quick to recover, they all then watched as Twilight angrily paced. "I am his sister! you would think that he would at the very least remember to write a letter, saying that he was engaged...or that he was even dating! or just to check up on me!" Twilight groaned as she rubbed her head. "Calm down, calm down, be happy for him first, kick his flank later." She told herself in an attempt to calm down.

Nightmare rolled her eyes and stood up, she looked at Alecia. "Hey Alecia, do you know where Sweetie Belle is?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

Alecia looked down at Nightmare with an offended expression. "Nightmare! you say that like I wouldn't know where one of my best friends is, and you implied that I spy on her!" She accused with an offended voice and expression, she soon grinned however and put her arms behind her head and spoke. "She's at Sugarcube Corner with Apple Bloom and Scootaloo talking to a filly and colt, named Peppermint Twist and Rumble respectively." She answered before closing her eyes.

Rarity and Applejack stared at Alecia with raised eyebrows. "How would you know that?" They asked as one, they shared a glance before shrugging it off.

Alecia chuckled as she floated. "I never said that Nightmare was wrong." She replied before vanishing from sight, leaving the seven ponies and one dragon alone.

"I don't know if I should be angry or relieved that she's keeping an eye on those three." Applejack said, as she shook her head with sigh.

Rarity nodded in agreement. "Regardless, I must go home and pack, I will need my supplies as well, could you help me Nightmare?" She asked the former villain.

The Alicorn in question rolled her catlike eyes at the request. "I'll go and let Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom know to come see you and Applejack, after that, I need to head to Canterlot and see what Celestia and Luna want, see you all in Canterlot." She said before opening her wings and flying off towards Ponyville.

"Of course she leaves the packing to me." Rarity complained before helping her friends to pack up the picnic, as they packed up, Rarity noticed that Twilight had an aggravated look on her face the entire time, but whenever she glanced up she would put on an awkwardly fake smile.

Rarity was tempted to say something to Twilight but decided against it and focused on packing up, it didn't take very long and soon enough they all went their seperate ways to get ready to leave for Canterlot.

*The train, a few hours later.*

Nightmare Moon sighed as she stared out the window from her seat, she was alone in the surprisingly empty train, for some reason there was a distinct lack of travel for the railway lately, at least that is what she learned from overhearing a conversation between the conductor and the driver.

Nightmare was not the only occupant in the train of course, as the Element bearers were all onboard, along with Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo as well as a few other passengers, Alecia refused to go to Canterlot, saying that she despised weddings, and further prodding only led to an explanation of how she almost missed Markus' wedding when she was alive, and just how much she loathed it.

As Nightmare sat alone in the train car, listening to the chatter in the other car closer to the front of the train, the Alicorn was reminded of how much she enjoyed Alecia's company, because while the ghost did have a habit of driving her mad, she had many stories to tell and kept things from becoming very dull, the thought of the ghosts antics brought a smile to Nightmare's face as she looked back outside.

Nightmare Moon's expression went from content to neutral and then to worried in the span of a few seconds however, as she stared at the city of Canterlot which stood just as proud as ever, but with one difference.

The entire city was surrounded by a massive magical shield.

Author's Note:

Welp, we all knew that this was coming one way or another.

I am sorry about the longer chapter times for this story, but as I grow closer to the Canterlot Wedding I can't help but feel my drive fade, and there is a reason for it.

The reason is a simple one...I am bored when it comes to working with or around the Changeling Invasion, because I used it so much and it's grown stale for me, but I'll get through it, don't worry about that.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this admittedly short chapter.