• Published 13th Mar 2019
  • 1,879 Views, 55 Comments

The cursed resident. - Sylif Daring Doo



There is a building that existed before Ponyville was originally colonized, a strange structure was home to a family of unicorns, many believe this home to be cursed, but regardless of these beliefs, the family remained.

  • ...
3
 55
 1,879

More haunting.

_______*Ponyville, Rarity's house, the next day, 1:21 PM*_______

Nightmare Moon groaned in frustration as she rebounded back into the house after her seventh attempt to leave.

"Why can't I leave!?" The Alicorn screamed.

Meanwhile, Alecia watched with a bored yet amused expression, she simply sat back on the couch, reclining, angering the mare even more with the physical action. "Another thing! how are you able to touch objects or even interact with them! while I cannot!" She snapped.

"Because I want to do it?" Alecia offered as she went back to staring at the ceiling.

Nightmare Moon's left eye twitched violently, she once again attempted magic, but it did nothing at all.

"Will you stop trying to leave already? I already told you, ghosts can't leave, at least to my knowledge." Alecia said as she closed her eyes.

Nightmare Moon looked at Alecia. "I would rather keep fighting this imprisonment than be trapped once again.....and stop calling me a ghost, I am NOT dead!" She demanded as she cast another useless spell.

Alecia just shook her head. "Just keep it down." She muttered.

The Alicorn attempted to get away from the house several more times, and at some point she tried to blow the house up, but they all met in failure, after a half hour of sulking, Nightmare Moon approached Alecia. "Why can't I see you properly?" She asked.

Alecia opened her eyes and looked at the mare. "I've been a ghost for a long time, and most of that time I was trapped, constantly weak and unable to do anything other than move my eyes, so as far as i can tell, It's a side effect." She answered.

Nightmare Moon looked around as she talked. "So, this is the home of one of the Element Bearers?" She asked.

"Sure, not that it matters to us, we can't exactly do anything with that information as ghosts now can we?" Alecia replied.

Nightmare Moon glared at the ghost. "I did NOT die, I am NOT a ghost, so stop calling me one!" She snapped, her eyes glaring daggers.

Alecia chuckled. "The sooner you accept the truth, the better off you will be, but whatever, keep your delusions." She said as she closed her eyes again.


_______*Meanwhile.*_______

Sweetie Belle walked through town, eager to truly explore it for once, usually when she came to visit, she never really got to go anywhere, this time however, she was determined to explore on her own.

So she walked through town, she was in the shop portion of town, where there were mostly stores or businesses.

Sweetie Belle hadn't been to this part of town yet, so she was looking around, examining every detail, however she stopped paying attention to where she was going, and ended up walking into somepony.

She and the other pony fell to the ground. "Oof." They both said.

Sweetie Belle looked up and saw a Pegasus filly with orange fur and an unkempt purple mane and tail, no cutie mark and purple eyes, her wings were very small. "I'm sorry, are you alright?" She asked out of concern as she stood up.

The filly stood up and looked at Sweetie Belle. "Yea, I'm alright......we uh, should really watch where we are going huh?" She said with a nervous chuckle.

Sweetie Belle nodded. "Yea....um." She paused for a moment before offering her hoof in a hoofshake. "I'm Sweetie Belle, and I'm sorry for bumping into you." She said with a small smile.

The filly returned the gesture and shook Sweetie's hoof. "I'm Scootaloo, and it's my fault too, I wasn't watching where I was going." She replied before stretching a little bit.

"So uh, Sweetie Belle? maybe you could show me around town? I'm kind of new." Scootaloo asked.

Sweetie Belle scratched the back of her head. "Truth is, I only really know the market and a little bit of this part of Ponyville, so I won't be much of a guide." She said quietly.

Scootaloo didn't seem bothered by this. "Then let's explore together! we can save so much time that way!" She stated, her personality just screamed energy.

Sweetie Belle considered for a while, before eventually agreeing. "Let's go then." She said.

With that, the two fillies explored the town together, stopping at a few places to browse or even just rest.

______*Hours later.*______

Rarity sighed as she walked up to the front door of her house, it had been a long day at work, and she just wanted some alone time to cool off.

She opened the door and stepped inside, she closed the door and looked around, she saw Alecia sitting in the middle of the floor in the living room, she was about to talk when she heard another voice. "This house is far too small, how you did not lose your mind is beyond me." A hauntingly familiar voice said.

Rarity felt her heart pound while her eyes widened as the owner of the voice walked into the room, a very familiar Alicorn mare that she hoped to never see again.

Nightmare Moon was in her living room, looking around with an aggravated expression, she then looked at Alecia and paused as her gaze landed on Rarity.

Alecia looked over her shoulder and shrugged. "Better sooner than later I suppose." She muttered.

Nightmare Moon growled and her horn glowed, firing a magic blast at the unicorn.

Rarity cried out as the blast.......went straight through her? she waited for a few moments before opening her eyes, she looked around and blinked. "I.....what happened?" She asked curiously as she stared at the equally shocked face of Nightmare Moon.

Alecia stood up and floated over to Rarity. "Allow me to introduce our new ghost, Nightmare Moon." She said as she looked at the Alicorn. "This is Rarity, the owner of this house." She added.

Needless to say, Rarity screamed loudly for a good ten seconds before fainting, leaving Alecia to carry her to the couch.

_______*later that day.*_______

Rarity sat at her dining room table, silently sipping on some wine that she had hidden away for special occasions, only now she simply wanted to try to ease her mind, for what it was worth.

It was now seven fifty four and she had only woken up a half hour ago, Alecia had explained things as best as she could, but it was still a shock to learn that Nightmare Moon was now here in her house, Rarity took another sip and heard the front door open. "Rarity! I'm back!" Sweetie Belle's voice called out.

Rarity sighed and stood up, she walked to the front door and saw her sister, she smiled. "Welcome back Sweetie Belle." She said.

Sweetie Belle smiled at first, but her smile faded when she saw Rarity's face. "Are you ok? you don't look so good." She asked.

Rarity nodded. "I will be alright, I just had a long day." She replied simply as her sister closed the door.

Sweetie Belle gaze her sister a curious gaze as she walked to the stairs. "If you say so." She mumbled before heading to her room.

Rarity took the time to put her wine away and cleaned up, as she put her glass in the sink, she spoke. "Alecia, are you listening?" She asked quietly.

Not a few seconds later, Alecia appeared on the other side of the counter. "I'm here, what do you need?" She asked as she leaned on the counter.

"Do you think I should have told her the truth?" Rarity asked.

Alecia seemed to think on it for a moment before shrugging. "Look, I'll let you in on something, I had a little brother, I loved him, and I still do, but as much as we trusted the other, we still kept secrets." She then began to float up until she was over the counter. "She will find out eventually, i advise you to say something and give her a heads up, better than finding out from out of the blue like you." She stated.

Rarity sighed as she rubbed her forehead. "If my parents ever find out who's in the house, I'll never live it down......and they probably won't let Sweetie Belle visit again." She said with worry as she leaned her left foreleg on the counter.

"Look, I'll do what I can to help Nightmare Moon adjust, as well as to keep damage to a minimun, you just work on breaking the news to your sister." Alecia said before vanishing, Rarity sighed to herself once again as she walked to the stairs.

Rarity headed upstairs and stopped when she heard Sweetie Belle talking. "Is she alright?" Her voice asked.

Alecia could be heard next. "She is, like Rarity said, she had a long day." The ghost said.

Rarity stopped listening in and walked up, she headed for her room and opened the door, she entered her room and closed the door.

Upon turning around she felt her heart skip a beat as she stared into the cat-like eyes of Nightmare Moon. "Let's get one thing straight, we are still enemies, the only reason I will not be harming you is because i cannot do so, but once I learn how to interact with the physical world once again, you had best watch your back." The Alicorn warned before leaving the room.

Rarity took a few moments to calm down before walking to her bathroom, she then washed her makeup off and headed straight for her bed, she climbed under the covers and closed her eyes.

"Why me?" She asked herself as she drifted off to sleep.

Author's Note:

A bit shorter but still important nonetheless.

This is mostly because I didn't feel up to making another 4K word chapter for once.