• Published 13th Mar 2019
  • 1,879 Views, 55 Comments

The cursed resident. - Sylif Daring Doo



There is a building that existed before Ponyville was originally colonized, a strange structure was home to a family of unicorns, many believe this home to be cursed, but regardless of these beliefs, the family remained.

  • ...
3
 55
 1,879

A necessary talk.

______*???*______

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked slowly, my body still asleep and waking up for the day ahead of me, I yawn quietly and force myself to slowly sit up, I rub my eyes and then I stretch my limbs, yawning again.

I then threw the covers of the bed off and slid to the edge of the bed, I rub my eyes again as i lowered my feet to the floor, it was cold and smooth, I breathe softly and stand up fully before slowly walking to the door.

I open the door and walk out and toward the bathroom, I head to the bathroom downstairs quietly, I reached the door and opened it before going inside.

After I conclude my business in the bathroom, I walk back upstairs and into the bedroom, i walk to the bed itself and look down on the sleeping form in the bed. "Hey, come on get up." I say.

A groan comes from the bed. "What time is it?" Asked a voice.

"Daytime, and you need to wake up quickly." I say.

The form in the bed shifted and looked at me, my eyes widen as I stare into a pair of cold green eyes. "No, you need to wake up Alecia." Said the voice of Douglas.

______*The present.*_______

My eyes snapped open and I immediately shot up, I quickly check the empty room seeing nothing but the door, the carpet and windows, as well as the lights and the ceiling, I sigh to myself as I float downstairs, ending up in the living room, I floated to the bathroom and checked the mirror.

To my shock and surprise my hair was once again vibrant red and my eyes were bright blue, I blink and rub my eyes, they then returned to normal promptly, I shake my head and lean on the counter. 'Why am I having nightmares now of all times?' I wonder.

I eventually gave up trying to figure it out however, as I headed for the roof and sat on it, staring at the sky, ignoring everything else around me.

I close my eyes. "Whatever." I say to myself as I sit in silence.

_______*Ponyville, Rarity's house, 7:00 AM.*______

Rarity's house was quiet in the mornings, this was normal

The house was quiet once more, Nightmare was reading a book downstairs and Alecia was still on the roof.

Sweetie Belle was still asleep in her room and not a sound aside from the birds singing could be heard within, this peaceful silence was not to last however as the house heard a loud scream coming from Rarity's room.

The little filly awoke to this scream and shot up out of bed, she quickly rushed to Rarity's room to see what the problem was and found that Nightmare was already entering the room.

Sweetie Belle rushed to the door and opened it, she stepped inside the room and looked at Rarity........she had to stop herself from falling over from laughter.

Rarity's hair was now back to it's original color, however it was now also incredibly long and covered her from head to hoof, she could barely be seen.

Nightmare however did NOT have any moral obligation and howled in laughter, clutching her head as she did so and it seemed like she was actually crying from laughing so hard.

"Ha ha, very funny Nightmare.....now undo it!" Rarity snapped in anger, her voice was muffled behind all the hair.

Sweetie Belle internally was laughing, but externally she was a rock......a rock with a smile but still, a rock.

Nightmare managed to calm herself down enough to speak, after a good two minutes. "Ok.......ok uh, so here's the thing Rarity, this wasn't me." The Alicorn said, she was very amused by the situation.

"If not you, then who would do this to me?" Rarity asked.

Sweetie Belle finally spoke up and walked closer. "Well.....unless Alecia can use magic and just hasn't told us yet.....why not tell us what happened yesterday?" She suggested.

And so Rarity did, she explained the situation with Zecora, a zebra that lives in the Everfree Forest, and how she and her friends followed her to stop Apple Bloom from speaking with her. "It was strange though, Zecora did seem concerned that we walked into those flowers, but why should she be?" Rarity wondered.

Sweetie Belle noticed a smirk on Nightmare's face, but said nothing of it. 'She must know what happened, but why won't she say anything?' Sweetie Belle wondered.

Before anyone else could speak, another voice entered the room. "What did I miss down here?" Alecia's voice asked.

Sweetie Belle looked over at the window and Alecia appeared before her eyes. "It's Rarity, she-" She went silent as Alecia looked at Rarity.......after a good minute or two of staring, the ghost broke out into hysterical laughter.

Rarity merely growled and looked in the direction of the laughter. "This isn't funny Alecia! how would you feel if this happened to you!" She snapped out of anger.

Alecia thought on it for about five seconds before shrugging. "I wouldn't feel anything because I'm a ghost, but this is just hilarious." She floated over. "On the bright side, your hair is its normal color." She remarked.

"Very helpful, it's so helpful that I am dying of laughter." Rarity said flatly, sarcasm was evident, she then walked forward and tripped over her mane.

Nightmare used her magic and lifted the mare up. "You had best go to Twilight Sparkle, she may have this problem as well." She stated.

Rarity took a few cautious steps forward and nearly tripped, she sighed. "Sweetie Belle, can you help me get to the library?" She asked.

Sweetie Belle walked over to her sister and walked with her, helping her to slowly make her way down the stairs.

Alecia looked at Nightmare. "Was that your doing?" She asked.

Nightmare chuckled but shook her head. "As much as I wish it was, no." She quickly checked and saw the two sisters by the stairs. "When they leave, I'll tell you what it was." She whispered before vanishing.

Alecia smiled as she headed back for the roof. "Looking forward to it." She thought.

_______*a couple of days later, Friday, 8:15 AM*_______

Sweetie Belle walked through the house and headed downstairs, the smell of hot pancakes wafted through the air and she took it in, the faint smell of blueberries was also mixed in as she reached the bottom of the stairs.

She heard chuckling in the kitchen and recognized the owner as Nightmare Moon, but she also heard a frustrated grumble from her sister. "What's wrong Rarity? you don't like your hair color?" The Alicorn ghost asked.

Sweetie Belle peeked around the corner and saw Rarity's now bright yellow mane, she stifled a giggle at the sight. "Don't you know it's impolite to listen in on a conversation?" Nightmare Moon asked as she looked over her shoulder at the filly.

Walking to the kitchen, Sweetie Belle nodded. "Morning Rarity." She said.

"You are lucky Sweetie Belle, school was supposed to start a half hour ago, but a weather mishap caused damage to the school so they shut it down for a while." Rarity stated, she looked at her little sister, she seemed very tired. "Good morning." She added as she took a pancake off the pan and started another.

Nightmare Moon rolled her cat like eyes and flipped a page on the book she was reading. "Fortunate for you, they did away with the old methods of schooling, it was never cancelled unless the teachers were sick, believe me, it isn't fun going to school in a blizzard." She sighed and shook her head. "Bloody morons." She whispered.

"So Rarity." Sweetie Belle quickly said before the others could talk. "Any luck finding that spell?" She asked.

The older mare sighed. "None so far, I've asked Twilight to see about talking with Princesses Celestia about any spells that could undo the curse, but no luck in the library so far." Rarity explained.

Sweetie Belle nodded in understanding and Rarity passed a plate of pancakes to her, the filly began to butter the pancakes and put syrup on them.

The kitchen was quiet for a time as Nightmare Moon read her book, Rarity made breakfast and Sweetie Belle ate, Alecia was nowhere in sight but none of them said anything.

It was about two minutes until Nightmare Moon spoke. "Filly, what do you want?" She asked. "Before you say anything, I have noticed you glancing at me for a while now." She added.

Sweetie Belle looked at the ghost who continued to read. "Do you know the spell to help us?" She asked.

Nightmare Moon nodded. "Of course I do, but it's useless because i can't break the curse." She replied calmly, she glanced at Sweetie Belle. "Perhaps you should consider your question more carefully filly." She stated.

Rarity watched with interest as her little sister thought for a while, and after a minute she spoke. "Do you know a spell that CAN help us break the curse?" The filly asked.

In response to this question, Nightmare Moon closed the book and looked at the small filly, she gave a strangely proud smile. "Ah, the right question." She stood. "I know many that can help, but the correct one is the Clarity spell." She started.

"When cast properly, it will give the recipient knowledge of what they seek, it won't give all of the answers, but it will point you in the right direction." She continued. "Cast improperly, this spell will cause the recipient's mind to go numb for hours and maybe even days." She smirked. "It's basically risk free since I know how to cast it correctly." She boasted.

"Except for the fact I won't allow you to cast it on my sister, and I don't trust you enough for you to use it on me." Rarity said grumpily.

Nightmare shrugged. "Suit yourself, if you change your mind you know where to find me." She said before teleporting the book and herself elsewhere.

Sweetie Belle looked at her sister who sighed and rubbed her eyes tiredly. "Rarity? are you alright?" She asked out of concern.

The white furred mare nodded and smiled as she ate her pancakes. "Of course." She said before eating.

Sweetie Belle kept her eyes on her sister for a while and after a few minutes she spoke. "Hey Rarity? can we spend the day together? you need a break from everything, between searching for a way to break the curse, taking care of me and yourself, working and dealing with two ghosts, and having your hair change every day, the poison joke fiasco.......you really need a break." She stated.

Rarity nodded with a tired smile. "That......sounds nice actually, I haven't just enjoyed a day out in a while now." She replied quietly.

Sweetie Belle smiled and got up from her place. "Great! let me know when your ready to go!" She said before rushing off.

Rarity watched her sister hurry upstairs and could only laugh quietly to herself, she finished eating and then cleaned up, as she washed the dishes she reminisced about her time as a filly, eager and free of the burdens of everyday life, she could only smile at the memory of going to the park on beautiful days with her parents, just enjoying her time in the sun and having fun.

Soon after everything was cleaned up, Rarity headed upstairs to her room, and once there she quickly washed up in the shower and dried off which took about fifteen minutes including tidying up her now short mane.

And upon looking in the mirror, Rarity decided to do something with her mane, she took a brush with her magic and brushed.

This process only took four minutes, Rarity then left her room feeling much better.

______*Sweetie Belle's room.*______

Not much could be said about Sweetie Belle's room, it was the room that her parents stayed in for their visits, it used to be Rarity's room when she was growing up, and it once the art room for her grandmother, a kind mare who appreciated art and hung the paintings she loved most in this room.

The only painting remaining however was a highly detailed painting of a Canterlot sunset, it was old and faded, but it was surprisingly still intact considering its age.

It was also her grandmother who helped Rarity find her love of art, in a different way of course but that wasn't the important part.

Unfortunately for Sweetie Belle, she had no memory of her grandmother, as she was born after her death, sometimes the filly wished that she was just a little older, so that she could have at least one memory of her grandmother.

Secretly, Sweetie Belle also wished that she could talk to her now, even if she was a ghost or spirit, she wanted to talk to her and know how she would feel about how things are now, the little filly knew better however, knowing the the old mares spirit would never have peace if she watched over her grandfoals.

Sweetie Belle eventually sighed in relief as she finished her homework for the day and stretched, she just got off her bed when the door opened, she looked over and saw Rarity in the doorway. "Hey Rarity." She said. "You look better." She added.

Rarity smiled, her mane now partially covered her right eye and the rest of her mane rested on her neck. "Thank you, are you ready to go?" She asked.

Sweetie Belle nodded and followed her sister downstairs, as they neared the front door Rarity spoke. "We'll be back later! don't break my house!" She called out.

The two unicorns then walked out and headed for the park, eager to enjoy the day together.

_______*Ponyville Park.*_______

Sweetie Belle and Rarity walked through the park together, they got a couple of stares but they passed quickly.

Rarity seemed to be in much higher spirits now, and even looked a lot more energized than usual, she still didn't want to get muddy or such, but it was a definite improvement over breakfast time.

"It's a nice day today don't you think?" Sweetie Belle commented.

Rarity nodded in agreement, she had a small smile as they walked, she didn't say anything as she took in a few breaths of fresh air.

"So um, how's work been?.........I uh, I'm curious." The filly asked awkwardly.

Rarity glanced at her sister out of concern, the filly was obviously anxious and seemed to be unsure of what to say or do a tthe moment, taking a deep breath she spoke. "Work is fine, but Sweetie Belle......is there something bothering you?" She asked, leading them to a bench to sit on.

Sweetie Belle reluctantly got onto the bench and sighed, she took a deep breath and then looked at her sister. "Rarity, do you ever regret opening that door?" She asked.

Rarity was surprised by the question, but she didn't let it show much.......she thought about it for a while and then replied. "I did at first, especially when Nightmare showed up." She said. "But in truth?......I don't regret it at all, even with this stupid prank." She said, referring to her mane.

Before Sweetie Belle could speak, Rarity continued. "I don't know if you know this, but before we opened that door my life was dull, it became repetitive and boring, somehow, having those two in the house made my life much more interesting." She finished.

Sweetie Belle looked away for a moment and then back at Rarity. "But you.......I mean, do you ever even sleep? you are always so tired, you've had dark circles under your eyes for the past week now." She said out of concern. "Are you sure you're alright?" She asked.

Rarity was silent as she thought on this for a while, she sighed after a minute. "I could be better." She finally replied. "Before you say anything, i AM sleeping like I always have, but either way I'm tired, the only thing I can guess is that with everything going on, my mind or body can't rest for some reason." She sighed and then got off the bench. "Come on, let's not ruin our day like this." She said, regaining her smile.

Sweetie Belle was slow to get off the bench as she followed her sister, but at the back of her mind, she couldn't get the feeling out of her head that something else was going on.

________*Rarity's house.*________

"I won't do it." Nightmare Moon stated.

"Come on, I am asking here." Aleica replied.

Nightmare sighed, the two of them had been in this argument ever since the two unicorns went outside. "No, it wouldn't matter anyway." She said.

Alecia shook her head. "Just do it, so we can end this stupid argument." She said.

When Nightmare went to say no, Alecia groaned. "Just hit me damnit! you have wanted to hit me ever since you got here, so just get it over with." She stated.

With a defeated sigh, the Alicorn walked over and sighed. "For all the good it will do me." She muttered to herself as she lit her horn and fired a blast at the other ghosts chest.

To Nightmare's surprise, Alecia got blasted back and flew out the building with a cry, about five seconds later she came back due to the curse and almost went through the wall to the dining room.

Alecia managed to stop herself and hovered down to her feet. "There, that's better." She said as she turned around.

Nightmare's eyes widened and she tensed up. "What in the name of Tartarus?" She asked, she motioned the her nose.

Aleica raised an eyebrow and felt her nose, she then felt under her nostrils and felt something odd, she held in fingers in front of her face and her eyes widened at the shocking sight of red liquid. "What the fuck?" She muttered as she stared at the blood.

"Ghosts......don't have blood right?" Nightmare asked. "What is going on?" She asked.

Alecia put the blood to her lips and tried to taste it, sure enough, it was real. "I wish I knew." She replied. "What the hell is happening to me?" She whispered.

_______*Later that day.*_______

Rarity was now in her boutique, she had decided to spend some time tinkering with her designs for the day, Sweetie Belle had split up with her after their talk and wanted to check some stuff out she had said, and while she had been looking forward to spending the day with her sister, Rarity found herself respecting her sisters wish to be alone.

After a couple minutes, Rarity stopped drawing lines for her design and looked up at the clock, she saw that it was now eleven fifty three at night. "Has it really been that long?" She wondered as she put everything in its proper place and walked out of the room.

Rarity entered the main room of the boutique and yawned, she looked outside and saw that it was raining, she sighed and went to grab an umbrella.

Walking over to the small supply closet, Rarity opened the door and pulled out a simple blue umbrella, but just before she could open it, she hear a deafening crash of lightning.

Rarity sighed to herself and put the umbrella away, she closed the closet and headed upstairs to get some sleep in her room, not willing to risk the severe weather outside.

She soon reached her room and opened the door, it wasn't as cozy as her room in her house, but it was good enough for tonight, Rarity climbed into the bed and closed her eyes, trying to get some sleep even as the storm raged on.

The night was long and filled with thunder and lightning, the wind howled and the rain poured down on the town of Ponyville, for many it was a sleepless night, as for Rarity, it was a particularly restless night as well.

_______*?*_______

Two blue eyes opened to a dark void surrounding them, a deep breath taken echoed endlessly, becoming quieter as it went on, the owner of the blue eyes looked around out of confusion, there was nothing, no light and no object, no end to the dark void was in sight.

Another deep breath came and echoed just like the last one, and soon, the owner of the eyes had an idea form in their mind. "Where am I?" They asked.

The words echoed just like the breaths, only this time, there was a response. "Your end......." Came a voice.

The eyes looked around for the source of the new voice, but saw nothing. "What do you mean?" They asked.

In response to the echoed question, a blinding light shined in front of the eyes, and with it, came the form of a unicorn, it was black and had no expression or eyes, and it seemed to be approaching slowly. "The curse......" It echoed loudly.

The owner of the blue eyes felt their head pounding all of a sudden, and the voice continued as the figure got close enough that the blue eyed one could see their face. "This curse." It echoed.

The dark figure slowly raised its face and stared with cold lifeless green eyes, it's face decaying and pale. "This curse shall be your end!" It boomed, the words echoed endlessly with no signs of growing silent, and it then repeated itself, the words overlapping and becoming deafening.

And with a gasp, two blue eyes opened wide to see the walls of the room in the boutique, Rarity took a few deep breaths and cleared her throat. "Just a dream....just a dream." She muttered to herself.

Rarity slowly got out of the bed and yawned, she immediately headed for the bathroom to clean up, she showered, washed her mane and fur, and after a while, she looked herself in the mirror and she smiled as she saw her mane to be in its original color. "That's a relief." She muttered.

Rarity then froze as she saw something she didn't notice before, she examined it closely and spotted the offending mark, it was a single strand of green hair, her eye twitched unconsciously and she immediately cut it off using her magic.

After she cut off the strand of hair, Rarity noticed that another strand of her hair became green, and she sighed. "Curse that ghost." She muttered quietly as she left the bathroom.

Rarity walked down the stairs and entered the showroom, she sighed as she headed for the front door. "I hope Sweetie Belle is alright." She muttered as she opened the door, only to see heavy rain pouring down hard.

Rarity blinked and closed the door after hearing hail hitting the walls. "I guess I'm stuck here for a while." She whispered as she walked to the couch and sat down, she yawned again and rested her head on the couch.

"Some more sleep couldn't hurt I guess." Rarity muttered as she closed her eyes.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait.

So I felt that Rarity and Sweetie Belle deserved a chapter to themselves, more specifically Rarity but otherwise the chapter was both of theirs.