• Published 13th Mar 2019
  • 1,879 Views, 55 Comments

The cursed resident. - Sylif Daring Doo



There is a building that existed before Ponyville was originally colonized, a strange structure was home to a family of unicorns, many believe this home to be cursed, but regardless of these beliefs, the family remained.

  • ...
3
 55
 1,879

Results.

______*Ponyville, Rarity's house.*______

The living room of the white unicorn fashionista was quiet after Nightmare Moon's shouting, none of them wanted to be the ones to speak up while the Alicorn calmed down, and were it not for the currently deceased in the room, the silence may have continued for a long time. "I never thought Markus would have the guts to become a father, but he proved me wrong didn't he?" Alecia said, she now floated lazily across the room, circling above Nightmare Moon and Feral Wing.

Rarity stood up and looked at Alecia. "Can we not have your teasing for just a few hours Alecia? there is something very important to take care of after all." She stated calmly, she then looked at Feral Wing. "Is it alright if we get back on track now?" She asked.

With Rarity's words, Feral Wing and Nightmare Moon nodded, they both looked at Alecia who now seemed tense. "Is something wrong Alecia?" The Alicorn asked, the ghost looked at her friend and sighed. "I'm fine, just a little......uneasy, don't get me wrong, it'll be nice to be able to leave Ponyville after six centuries but I don't think I'll be able to move on." The ghost replied before shifting herself to be upright, she then landed on the ground and crossed her arms. "But I'll be damned if I don't even try to leave this town......no offense." She said, looking at Rarity.

"None taken." Rarity replied, brushing off the comment as she understood the ghosts eagerness to leave the town after so long, she looked at Feral Wing. "Do you understand how we have to break the curse?" She asked, fully willing to explain it if necessary.

Feral shuddered and nodded. "Yea......it's a little counter blood magic right? a little of my blood and the curse is gone?" She replied, sounding unsure.

"If you're having second thoughts about this, we won't hold it against you, right?" Sweetie Belle spoke up, looking at her sister, the Alicorn and the ghost.

"Of course we won't hold it against you, I felt just as nervous when my family's part of the curse was broken, there's no hurry." Rarity stated.

Feral shook her head. "No no, I would rather get it over with, so how does this work exactly?" She asked, looking at Nightmare Moon with a notable amount of nervousness.

Nightmare turned around and walked towards the wall by the stairs and spoke. "It's very simple actually, we go to where the curse is maintained, then we simply pour a few drops of blood, a unicorn or magic user like myself casts the curse breaker spell and that's that, no real complications aside from a very specific requirement." She explained, not willing to go into absolute detail about how to break a blood spell.

Alecia rolled her eyes. "Funnily enough, when I was alive for a short time, Nightmare tried to use my blood to break the curse, didn't work and we ended up back at square one." She shrugged and quickly appeared by the front door, she leaned on it and noticed Feral Wing's surprised expression, she grinned. "Don't look so surprised kiddo, Discord the douche has a way of pissing people off, including sudden revivals." She shook her head as she closed her eyes and stared up at the ceiling.

Feral Wing looked at Rarity. "Where exactly is the curse being maintained from? is it far?" She asked out of curiosity.

"The Cemetary, naturally." Rarity replied, she then stood up and looked outside. "We can break the curse later when it gets dark, the last thing we need is the ponies here seeing us break a blood curse in the middle of the day and spreading rumors." She then looked at Feral Wing. "You can stay here tonight if you need somewhere to sleep, there's a spare bedroom over there." She said, pointing to a door at the far end of the room.

"Well, I had been told I would be bunking with Twilight Sparkle for the duration of my visit, I'll be alright." She then raised an eyebrow when she heard Nightmare snickering behind her. "What's so funny?" She asked, turning around to face the Alicorn.

Nightmare Moon now had a large grin on her face, but the reason for it was unknown, at least until she spoke. "Considering she'll probably talk your ear off when she learns what we now know, I wish I could see your face when it happens, then of course I'll suffer a barrage of questions about Glyph and how she was able to wield magic." She replied with some mild amusement.

"Hey, where did Alecia go?" Sweetie Belle asked, making the others in the room look around for the resident ghost.

Nightmare sighed. "She might be on the roof again, she seems to like it up there for some reason." She said before walking to the door and opening it. "Il go look for her, you three can do whatever you want." She said nonchalantly before walking out, closing the door with her magic and flying off.

Nightmare Moon quickly flew up to the roof of Rarity's house, but when she got to where Alecia usually sat, the ghost was nowhere to be seen. "Come on Alecia, where are you?" She asked quietly.

_______*Elsewhere in Ponyville, late that night.*______

Alecia walked once again through the quiet graveyard, it was again devoid of the living when the ghost arrived and Alecia didn't blame anyone for it, because who else but the dead go to a cemetery this late at night.

Alecia walked in silence and out of sight, she prevented herself from being seen by anyone and she soon reached her destination, she faced the grave and knelt down to it, she closed her eyes and places a cold spectral hand on the stone, it was so old that even her ethereal touch could move it a little, and while the writing was faded and body likely completely gone by now, Alecia could feel whose grave this was, Dark Amber, the unicorn who imprisoned her for six hundred years.

Alecia shifted her body and sat in front of the grave, her legs crossed and her hands on her knees, she looked at the grave with a solemn expression, and her eyes, which usually held great amusement in them, now seemed dull and aged. "Well Dark Amber, it looks like it's almost over, your efforts to seal me away forever will finally be cast aside, and I'll be free....." She paused and sighed.

"Free to do what? to pass on? to simply move from the afterlife to the next life if that even exists?" The ghost pondered as she looked at the grave, her expression softened. "But I suppose you'll be free too right? I know your still here, watching me like a hawk, but with your curse gone, you won't have any reason to stay, and I'll be honest with you, like I always have been." She took a deep breath before speaking once more. "The fact that you haven't even attempted to speak to me in all this time, is actually pretty annoying, I thought that after being around for as long as I have I would have grown enough to not be bothered by the silent treatment." She shook her head and stopped talking.

Alecia straightened herself out and spoke, her voice now level and serious. "Nightmare, Rarity and Feral......I'm guessing it's time?" She asked as she quickly vanished and reappeared standing up, she put her hands in her pockets and looked forward.

Nightmare Moon stood in the front of trio, Rarity stood on her left and Feral Wing her right, the Alicorn nodded and walked over to the grave, Rarity and Feral Wing soon followed her and the four were now standing around the grave of Dark Amber. "This is where the curse is being maintained from, are you ready Feral Wing?" Nightmare Moon asked.

The Pegasus nodded nervously and walked closer to Nightmare Moon, who lit her horn and looked at the Pegasus, she nodded and Feral Wing held out a hoof, she looked around and braced herself for what was about to happen, she winced when she felt a sudden cutting motion on her arm and almost pulled back reflexively, but she was able to stop herself from doing so thankfully.

Nightmare closed her eyes and focused on the spell she began to cast, her horn glowed intensely and the fresh blood floated over to just above the grave at the same time the cut on Feral Wing's arm was healed and the blood was absorbed into the ground, this was soon followed by a faint sickly green glow from the grave which set off alarm bells for Alecia.

Nightmare Moon breathed deep and the glow from her horn grew stronger, the glow from the grave soon went silent and the Alicorn opened her eyes, she finished her spell by releasing her magic she had built up, the magic shot into the earth without making any holes or craters, and in a few seconds a single runic circle appeared on top of the grave, which soon vanished from sight and everything seemed to calm down for a moment.

"Did it work?" Rarity asked, looking around and all over Alecia but seeing nothing different.

Alecia shrugged. "I'm not sure, let's head to the barrier and find out." She replied, easily vanishing from sight and appearing behind the three. "Meet me at the side of Ponyville facing Canterlot." She said before vanishing again.

Nightmare Moon sighed and looked at Rarity. "Well, let's hope for the best." She said, the white unicorn nodded in agreement and the Alicorn cast a teleportation spell, her horn lit up and soon she disappeared with both Feral Wing and Rarity.

______*Ponyville.*______

Nightmare Moon looked around for her friend and quickly spotted Alecia near where she knew the barrier was, she walked over with both Rarity and Feral Wing beside her, the ghost was pacing back and forth constantly even as they approached her. "Well Alecia?" Nightmare Moon asked.

The ghost in question looked back at Nightmare and the two mares, she sighed and looked forward. "I've been stuck in this town for six centuries, stuck in a room built to trap me and I heard so many things happening around me, the sounds of family having fun, love being in the air, child scolding, love and hate......more than a few nights of sex." She shook her head.
"But no one ever even tried to help, they never opened that door, until Rarity and Sweetie Belle."

Nightmare Moon walked up to Alecia's side and stood next to her. "I think it's time that you finally left Ponyville, if anything this is at the very least an opportunity to explore the world, and since you are a ghost you can basically go anywhere you want." She stated.

Alecia couldn't help but chuckle a little at the thought, she sighed again and looked at Canterlot. "Well, now or never." She whispered to herself before lifting her foot and put her foot forward past the barrier, she took a deep breath as she did so and waited for a short while expecting to be flung back any second now, she closed her eyes and waited.

The world was silent for a few minutes, Alecia took a few more steps forward and she soon opened her eyes, she looked around and saw that she hadn't been flung back into Ponyville, she looked at her left hand and blinked, she opened and closed her eyes a few times and looked to Canterlot.

"Am I......free?"

Author's Note:

This is not the end, freedom opens many doors.