• Published 12th Mar 2019
  • 795 Views, 6 Comments

Fury of the Night - 10champ10



Living his life in an alternative universe, a particularly skilled pony gets summoned to another plane where it is in greater need of him.

  • ...
0
 6
 795

Of Nightmares

Several hours past, felt like months for them though. Night and the five waiting in the lobby for some kind of update about their friend. Night was thinking of the figure he ran off. Part dragon, part changeling it seemed. Nothing known of that before from Night's world. Complete mystery. He was magically powerful, whoever he was. To do this much damage against a body in a short amount of time. Luckily Night was experienced in fights and had his suit on, or he would be in the same condition with Twilight.

"How did it happen?" Dash asked, both Night and Shy. Shy was too petrified to answer.

"He tormented her mind for several days when she tried to sleep. Finally attacking last night. I didn't see the confrontation between him and Twilight, but knowing he tried the same trick to me, he impaled her with pebbles at intense speed. I didn't hold back on him when I got to him, but he ran before I could take him out." Night stated. He was scarily still, his voice monotone. He was replaying his fight on repeat, wondering if he could have taken out the figure or not. If he did this instead of what he actually did. There was no point in wasting those thoughts now though. He can't go back in time, but he can improve himself for the next time.

Just then the doctor came out to them, "She has a long road, but she is stable. She is sleeping right now. Her injuries are like nothing I have seen, she has strong will. I will let you know when you can visit her." They all sighed a relief, Twilight was going to make it. Though knowing their friend was going to be out for a while, they left the hospital. They planned to return the following day to meet her. Figuring the doctor would keep her under till then.

Night wanted to return to Twilight's library so he could do research. He wanted to learn more. The others wanting to help their friend anyway they can went to help too. They spent many hours in vain. Nothing about this figure existed in any text. Night finally turned to look through Twilight's notes about the dreams. Wondering if anything about them might help. First dream was her coming home from Canterlot when the note was sent to Tia, to find it abandoned, the town in ruin then suddenly everything was burning. Second dream she was in the library in the dark, this figure whispering to her from behind her. The third was the same but he tried to attack her there. That was it.

Meanwhile in Canterlot, during routine patrols in the castle, guards were being dropped left and right till finally the throne room was exposed. The doors flying open, Tia looking in anger at who was before her. "Don't give me that look. You know you missed me." The intruder spoke. Who happens to be the same that attacked Twilight the night before.

"You attacked Twilight. Though I see you met the other guy. Saddened he didn't finish you off. I was hoping for that. Considering how ugly you are now." Tia noticed a few wounds that Night caused to him. She was definitely glad at this moment he was in this world. This foe was something right up his alley for dealing with. Personally, Tia wants this figure dead and likely knew that Night already plans it. He won't live long.

"Yes, the bat pony alicorn, definitely didn't expect him. Though he will be a very fine specimen to add to my research, dead or alive. Though alive preferred. He definitely got a few surprise hits in." The figure retorted, it's tongue coming out, showing the reptile nature of it. Just then the creature quickly teleported next to Tia and put a magic suppression ring on her. "But I am here for you right now. I have unfinished business and you hid a few things from me." He then teleported her away. What remained of the guards came rushing in but it was too late. She was gone. There was a letter in her throne though. It was to be sent to Night Fury. So the guards sent it to him then gathered up Luna to come up with a new plan of action.

Night suddenly heard a pop above him and a letter fell in front of him. It carried the official seal on it. It was from Tia herself. This was a first and very much unlike her to call to him intentionally like this. The others gathered around as Night opened it and read it a few times to himself. Then shared the details to the others. "I have little time to explain everything, I surely hoped the letter was just a prank. But it seems I am not granted that mercy. A great evil is upon us. This figure is a stallion that was working on some very twisted magical creations. I thought he to be dead, but he has come back to try and complete his work. I, Twilight and you are the only ones he would target fully with everything he has. It seems he already made a move to Twilight, meeting you would have added you to his hit list as well. As for me, he would need me to try and get his artifacts and pieces back to get his work back in motion. Be on your guard."

"Wow, this must be really bad if she is scared like this. What is the next plan?" Dash said, feeling the despair begin to hit the air. Along with the others but they didn't say anything just yet.

"Nothing, we wait. This guy will be back again. Likely for me. Since I am up and kicking. He may not know that Twilight is alive still. One thing is for certain, I look forward to seeing his ugly mug again." Night replied, his eyes glowing, showing how angry he is. Which sent a wave of relief and courage to the others. They all wanted a piece of him, Shy was being her shy self and didn't show signs of that, but she felt it in her heart. Some courage to face this foe again. "But for now, we return to our homes and try to get past this event." With that Night left the library and went to his home. The rest did the same in silence.

Despite the fact that Twilight was fine, the fear was still fresh in all their minds. Night Fury was focused on the next time he faced off that thing again. He can swallow loss, he can face his fears, he can enact revenge. Though it never is easy, especially in a variation of a world that is supposed to lack his world's issues to a much lighter degree. But this one, straight out of his world. It only drove him to want to end this once for all.

Dash went to the town's pub. Along with Pinkie. They both drank cider, though they couldn't get over what happened. They were glad Twilight was fine, but she was so close to the edge it might as well not have existed. Plus their new friend Night now is next on the list. They expected him to win, but what if he can't? Or what if he can't win without giving up his own life in that process? That wasn't something they wanted to think about. AJ was barely able to work correctly. Kicking the tress too hard and sobbing her eyes out between trees. Rarity, had a funeral gown drew up in case the verdict was not what they wanted to hear. She saw it again and that fear hit again. To think she thought that she may have needed to make that. She couldn't bear it. To make a gown like that, never. Not even for a stranger did she want to make such a thing. Not now.

That night, a few went to visit Twilight, Night stayed behind in his own home. He sat in an empty room, it was his mediation and training room. He was fully suited in his combat armor, eyes closed, controlled breathing, his ears listening. He knew this vile creature would come for him. Would attack sooner then later. Couldn't afford to leave Night in the picture any longer then absolutely necessary. That was how Night would do it in his mind. If he had some very delicate plan. Take out anything that would be able to stop that plan. Sure enough, there was a crash in the window of a nearby room. Night's eyes shot open. Then he grinned, it was time to dance with this figure again.

As if on queue, the door swung open to Night's room, "I have been expecting you, do you want a drink?"

"You are a very clever one. Though I do say, I am a bit thirsty, teleporting all day and breaking into houses does leave one a bit parched." The figure said, toying back with the young stallion. Curious how this will go.

"I bet it does. Unfortunately my options for drink are very limited right now. How does your own blood sound?" With this, Night teleports and appears right in front of the figure mid roundhouse, sending him through two rooms and out of the house. Quickly flying through the holes and finds himself to be pelted by thicker rocks then before but at the same intensity. Luckily the armor was able to prevent penetration, however the brute force was still hitting Night's body, sending him towards the ground as he wasn't able to keep his wings flapping. Though he recovered in a teleportation spell giving the figure a solid upper cut. "Going to have to better then rocks if you want to hurt me."

The figure was dazed just for a moment when the uppercut hit, stepping back a moment. "Just warming up, don't want to sprain something important." He then teleported away and landed on Night, trying to do the horn trick like he did to Tia, but Night's reflexes are much sharper then this figure anticipated. Night quickly rolled onto his back and slammed the figure into the ground with his own weight, on top of throwing his head back and head butting the figures head.

"If you wanted to put a ring on it, have to take me to dinner first. But I don't date murderous psychopaths. Too unstable for a healthy relationship." Night then took flight again. Throwing his knives at the figure again. Who used magic to shield himself from Night's knives. But before the figure could process the next move Night was slamming his rear hooves into the shield. Shattering it as it was only strong enough to stop the lightweight knives, not a strong blunt attack of the pony's weight. Then Night landed into the mid stomach of the figure, taking the wind from him. Before Night could get another hit or spell going the figure kicked Night off of him.

"This has been fun, but I have places to be and errands to run. A companion will be with you shortly though. So don't feel left out." With that the figure teleported away. Night unleashed a roar of anger when the figure teleported away. He then went back into his own home.

Since Twilight was in the hospital and Spike didn't want to stay in the library with this threat lurking around, he opted to stay with Night. Spike shortly after Night came back inside gave Night a letter. It had Luna's seal on it. Night read it a few times. "Send a letter to the others. We need to make a plan of action and really soon."

A few hours passed, everyone was gathered at the library as requested by Night. "Earlier today..." Night spoke to them, "Celestia was captured by the creature that attacked Twilight. He tried to make a move on me but bailed out of the fight. I do not know what he is planning, but we have to figure out as much as we can about his research group and any info about this creature that works with them." The others, you could feel their hearts drop. Moral dropped. Their princess was gone. "We have to make sure that he doesn't know that Twilight made it. Because who knows what he will do if he finds out she lived. Also expect anything. He said another was coming to deal with me."

They all nodded, knowing the severity of the situation. They entered the library and began to search around, unable to really find much other than what was known. The only newer information was that they tried a few genetic experiments. But that was before Tia came in. With that they went to leave. They made it just out of the door when they heard something big hitting the ground. They looked to the right and there it was. Some huge mutant pony that was half the size of the library. The five looked in fear at this thing. It screamed right in their faces. Then Night took one step forward and did his growl. Baring his fangs, his hair on edge and wings splaying out. He wasn't in his battle armor. He didn't realize that this fight was happening this soon. This mutant pony leaned in and screamed at Night again, only Night roared his growl in return. He lunged at this pony sinking his fangs into the large neck of the being.

In reaction it took a step, it had a large oversized leg, thick as a tree. It was about to step down on Dash of all ponies. She was unable to move, just staring. Rarity tackled her to get her out of the way. Pinkie came out of nowhere, launching herself from her party cannon head first into the mutant. Knocking it over. Night was unable to really do more than cause minor bleeding. The mutant being so large made it hard to do more than puncture the skin. Unable to really tear and rip at the flesh. He backed off as the mutant was going to grab him with the more normal hoof it had. That's when Rarity came in and gave it a solid kick to the skull. Dash following in with an aerial bomb attack. AJ kicked the skull of the being but it was still up and trying to find a pony to target.

Shy was too scared to attack it directly. Night the others went all out on it. However, it was just too hardy to take down cleanly. All these attacks of various types and they couldn't put this thing down. It went to stomp on Shy but AJ stopped it, barely. Using her above average strength to stop the oversized hoof, but this came at a cost. Her hind legs and one of her front legs ended up shattering. Taking her down for the fight. It got a lucky hit on Dash and sent her into a building, snapping her wing. Pinkie, was suffering head injuries. Night and Rarity were the only ones decently fine. Rarity was unable to do much, she lacked strength and her magic wasn't strong enough to do anything serious. She also was running out of supply on her magic. Night was taking some hits now. He had bruised ribs, black eyes, his left hind leg was broken, or right at the verge. He figured his bone cracked and was barely holding itself together. He had Rarity help with his one last ditch effort.

Night flew towards the beasts skull, Rarity using her magic to guide Night right at the mark. As Night was building up his magic. He landed his mark. His horn entering the skull of the mutant and that was when Night fired off his spell. Firing his most powerful beam of energy with fire mixed in with it. This did the trick. With a cry the mutant fell, along with everyone else. Shy wasn't left without a mark. While the others were busy, that being came back to target Shy. Breaking her nose real good. Spike came and found them, getting them all taken to the hospital to have their injuries assessed.

Author's Note:

Well, two years later I am finally able to start catching up with these stories. Holy crap, it is nice to be back. I don't know how frequent the updates will be or how many stories I will work with. Since I have a few that are active, I may be only focusing on one or two for a short while before switching it up. Or I may work on one of my stories that I haven't published yet. We will see.

Comments ( 1 )

The story lives keep up the good work

Login or register to comment