• Published 12th Mar 2019
  • 795 Views, 6 Comments

Fury of the Night - 10champ10



Living his life in an alternative universe, a particularly skilled pony gets summoned to another plane where it is in greater need of him.

  • ...
0
 6
 795

Past/Present/Future Tense

Two peaceful months passed before the six and Night would be summoned to the castle. Rather short notice and urgent too. Upon getting there Twilight and the Princess left to discuss the matter, something about a message that is hard to understand. The rest were to entertain themselves for the time being. Night went to irritate the bureaucrats as that was always fun to do. They were too uptight too actually fight, and given he is a hero and in good favor with the Princesses they couldn't really do much threatening either. So he was in a win-win regardless.

Rarity and Shy went to get inspiration, well Rarity did while dragging Shy along. AJ and Dash went to a cafe to get some drinks with Pinkie. All was going well for the most part. Except for the rich that was getting picked on by Night. Teasing them and telling them that their outfits were way outdated and couldn't tell if their outfit was more stupid then their policies or not. Them not being able to have comebacks and the crowd watching him just sit there and ruffle their feathers was worth watching. Especially the really entitled ones, they really get the attention that they don't crave. Almost too easy for Night. Till the guards came up and asked him to stop causing such a scene, in a very polite manner. Night went to check on Dash and AJ, figuring they would be the closest ones to be having fun.

He was right as he saw a street brawl taking place outside of the cafe. Dash enjoying every second of the fight while AJ was just a victim drug into the fight. Night went in to dissolve the fight, only for one the stallions to give Night a good left hook, "Shouldn't you be in some cave till waiting for darkness so you can feast on the innocent?" Dash and AJ paused to watch Night, attacked and insulted.

"Where I come from we don't rush into a fight so hastily." Night said, the stallion got more smug till Night got right in his face, "But we aren't where I come from are we?"

"...No..." The stallion said now beginning to regret his life. Then Night dished out a strong right hook which knocked the stallion out on the spot. Now the fight was back on and Night was now involved. Dash was loving it more then she probably should have. For once she really up close and fighting with Night. Seeing him take out these wannabe thugs with ease. May be greater then seeing the Wonderbolts in person. Though Night really wasn't enjoying himself, this wasn't something he wanted to do. Along with AJ. She just wanted to have some coffee. Instead she is fighting pompous jerks.

The fight was very short lived with only AJ, Dash and Night standing. That's when the guards came over and saw the mess. "You three are coming with us." They said.

"For the record, I didn't start this, but I finished it." Night said, shooting a glance to Dash who was all happy till she saw the guards. Then she really lowered her head when she saw the glare coming from Night. He didn't have to say anything to her. That look said it all and it was a look that a father gives a daughter when she has disappointed him. They were brought back to the castle to await for Celestia.

"'The past will rise, devour the present, to give rise to the future.' This can mean a lot. There are so many possibilities. I really think we should include Night with this. He does come from an alternate world. Maybe he can see the meaning of this." Twilight said, studying the letter once more. A riddle typical for someone that is just a clown trying to confuse more then give clues. With that Celestia nodded and they headed back to the castle to find that he was already there along with Dash and AJ. The guard went to speak.

"These three were in a fight on nineth. The bat pony says he tried to break it up but the other party engaged him."

"Leave us, and make sure the others get medical attention if needed." With that the guard nodded and left. Night nodded towards Dash. Celestia only nodded her head in that fashion as she already guessed it would be her. "Rainbow, Applejack, you two can go back and do whatever you want, but stay out of fights. I need to consult Night on this matter." They nodded and headed off in a hurry. Once they were gone Celestia gave Night the letter to look over.

He read it a few times. "Something in your past is coming back, which is big to effect the present which alters the predictions of tomorrow. Not overly clever, but I believe the trick was that the meaning would come off as complex, hiding the simplicity of it." He then noticed the insignia of the letter, "Wait, I know this insignia." He studied it closer, "No way. He exists here too?"

"Who?" Celestia and Twilight both said simultaneously staring at him.

"This insignia belongs to a research group, Project Metal. In my timeline, they conducted unethical experiments, blew up a city, then created hybrid monsters trying to clone their deceased leader." He handed the letter back to Celestia. Hearing this wide eyed Twilight, though Celestia was unphased. She already knew that. She already dealt with some of that before. That's why she got the letter, they made a break through and now are coming for her in revenge.

Celestia had all the others gather up as she was going to tell them what was up. "With the help of Twilight and Night, this letter is nothing more then just a joke that was sent to me as a prank. You all can go home." Twilight and Night were surprised, they both knew something was odd about this. Something wasn't right. But they didn't have the answers and maybe this group wasn't as dark as the version Night dealt with. So maybe it was a prank after all.

After a few weeks passed, Twilight with the help of Night was trying to dig up as much as possible on Project Metal, though no real records exist and not much mentioned. It was all rumored and what was rumored wasn't all bad at all. With that information they parted ways, leaving it was maybe they did a handful of slightly unethical things and Celestia put them back in the right. Though that night Twilight had a vivid nightmare, something was stalking her and telling to her fear the dark. She started to talk to Shy about dealing with the nightmare since Shy has a lot of fears, she may know something about dealing with nightmares. "Well, I'm not sure. But, you can come over tonight and we can try, if you want." Shy said.

Twilight nodded, though requested Night to show up. Something about that dream had her wondering. "He said that no one feared the night anymore and he was the reason. He had razor sharp teeth, a serpent like tongue and snake like eyes. But the only one that came to mind to me was you and Nightmare Moon when it came to fearing the night. So who would this fellow be?"

Night pondered the image, the phrasing, the way the dream took place as Twilight described what happened. "This doesn't sound like some vivid imagination dream. This something or someone using Luna's dream walking ability to create your dream. You said it happens every night? Each time being more vivid then the last?" Twilight nodded. "You are dealing with someone in particular, but no one from my timeline ever had those looks. Nor had anyone invaded dreams or forced their own dreams upon another. This is new for me. But whoever he is, I wouldn't take him lightly. Be cautious." This wasn't good news for Twilight. A new foe, a powerful one at that, even Night is concerned about him.

That night, Twilight left Spike and started to head to Fluttershy's house. Though Spike felt very uneasy and sent a letter to Night, telling him his gut feeling was off and worried about Twilight. Night sent a letter back saying he was going to follow Twilight to ensure he made it to Shy's house safely. As Night had a similar feeling of uneasiness and a gut sense something was going to go down.

Twilight was practically in eyesight of the cottage with no incident, then she felt a cold chill and something staring at her from behind. She turned to see that figure from her nightmares standing there. Wearing a tattered cloak that covered him up. Twilight hit the dirt and stared in fear, her brain rushing, unable to think clearly from the sleep deprivation of the constant nightmares, trying to come up with a plan, and just how ugly this stallion thing looked. "Even in your sleep deprived state, I figured you would have had more fight in you then this. Shame, I was hoping for something exciting to happen." He then noticed the aurora of her horn and just then was when a boulder came and hit him in the side. "You stinker, so we are getting a fight after all." With that the figure used magic and flung Twilight against the cottage twice before impelling her with pebbles. Some going clean through her.

He went to try and finish the job but got hit by a wooden bat, from Shy. "Oh now you have done it." Just then an unearthly whistle was heard. Shy smiled a bit, she knew the sound. It was Night Fury. He just joined the fight. Just as the figure looked up was when Night struck and sent the figure through two trees and nearly took out the third tree. The figure looked up to see Night hovering in place near him.

"You are the reason ponies feared the night!? I am the fury of the night!" His voice cracked with thunder of that greater then a storm. Night then grabbed the figure and threw him back the direction he just came from. Then teleported in front of the figure and kicked him up high into the air, before chasing after the body. Though before he could catch the body it teleported back to the ground. Using magic he tried to riddle the bat pony alicorn with rocks like he just did with Twilight. Only Night being in his armor was able to shield himself against the projectiles. Then flung the razor knifes shaped like feathers toward the figure. Three landed in the figure before he teleported and retreated for good.

Shy once that Night had taken over rushed to Twilight, who was barely alive now. Numerous bones broken, her body also looking like Swiss cheese with the holes from the rocks. She did the best she could till Night got back to the ground. "She needs help now." Shy said, with fear in her voice. Night took a look at her and teleported them to hospital. It would be a solid miracle if she made it, and that was what Night was thinking when he saw the severity of Twilight. He only hoped he got to her in time.

Author's Note:

The beginning of a new arc that I am doing. Inspired from a fan comic series that is ages old by now. It was one of the first fan fictions I first read on the series, before I even watched an episode of the show. Though I do not have the original link to this story, otherwise I would share it publicly.