• Published 12th Mar 2019
  • 795 Views, 6 Comments

Fury of the Night - 10champ10



Living his life in an alternative universe, a particularly skilled pony gets summoned to another plane where it is in greater need of him.

  • ...
0
 6
 795

Dragon Force

The last few months have been rather peaceful. Night got a house constructed and moved in. Though this house was nothing like the one he had in his dimension. No, this one was decently smaller. Partly since most of his funds were in his home dimension. Though mostly as he didn't need a large house to begin with. So it all worked out.

Most of the townsfolk have come to love him. He was very capable. Doing many favors and small jobs for the town. Despite the fact Celestia still wasn't a fan of him and even tried to warn some of the town about his ancestory. Which most of the town ignored as Night has hid nothing from them when it came to his culture.

On this particular day, Night was simply enjoy a day out in the town, until he noticed a plume of black smoke filling the sky, originating at a top of a mountain. He smelled the air, this wasn't a volcano, it was a dragon. Night grinned, a true fight awaited. More intense than that of Nightmare Moon. Dragons were vastly more powerful and even more stubborn. Fair enough Night also was stubborn to a point. Noted by the town as he basically waited for no one as he quickly took flight toward the mountain.

The main six were several hours behind Night in getting the news and trying to catch up. They found out from some of the townsfolk that Night saw the smoke and went toward the source without much thought.

Night soon landed at the cave entrance. It stunk, bad. It smelled of burning flesh. This dragon most likely set his own lungs on fire. Dragons had their own regenerative abilities and had a natural immunity to fire, on the outside. Though this drake likely needed to find to a place to rest and heal. Unfortunately for him, he had to deal with an upset bat pony alicorn first.

An event like this has happened before for Night. Manehatten was turned into a wasteland within three days. Several hundred dead within the first twelve hours. Ninety percent of the population ended up dying. While most dying after leaving the town, due to the particles in the air tearing their lungs. Taking days to cut their lungs to pieces, but not before suffocating the ponies as the lungs filled with blood first.

That drake didn't last long. Night made sure of that. Though now he has a chance to prevent that from happening here. One way or another, this dragon was done polluting the air. Quite rudely the alicorn tapped on the drake's head. Awakening him. "Big, red and ugly, take a hike." Night said, sternly.

This only made the drake growl lowly, "No."

Night took in a deep breath before spitting out a breath of fire, though colder than dropping into a frozen lake during a full moon. Nearly freezing the drake's maw shut. He took another look at the small pony who was now hovering. He had a glare of anger radiating off his face, "I wasn't asking." He then fired a powerful beam of energy that struck at the same spot he fired the ice fire. The rapid change in temperature and energy shattered the bone in the drake's mouth. This made the drake release a loud roar of pain and rage. "Inside voice." Night said, toying the drake. "If you want to be loud, take it outside." With that Night flew outside.

The six were within three miles of the base of the mountain when they all paused, the roar of that drake echoed throughout the nearby lands. They all that face of "Oh no." Then they saw a small black spec and a long red dragon chasing him take flight, high into the sky. Into the clouds. At this point, all they could do it watch from where they were. As there was no saving the situation from this point.

Night took the dragon high into the sky, into the plume that the dragon made, having cast a spell that filtered the air he breathed, to allow him to even the playing field.

Night's ears were sensitive and right now, they were listening to the deep flaps of the dragon wings. With the dragon unable to see him anymore he stayed in place. Both fear and anger keeping him in the path of danger. Night quickly went high before diving down, the wind whistling off his wings to create the unholy screech that alerted the drake, but too late. Night fired a powerful blast at the dragon before flying back into the mass of black, disappearing just as fast as he appeared. The dragon fell several feet as he brunted the full force of the magic beam. He flew back into the clouds looking intensely for the alicorn. Though that was too no avail.

The same event took place, over and over, at least a dozen times, Night was able to fire off against the unprepared dragon who stayed in the clouds. In a fit rage the dragon fired a breath of fire in every direction in hopes to hit the bat pony. Though he felt a tap on the shoulder. The dragon spun around to see the alicorn grinning. Before he could anything the alicorn had hit again with a blast of magic. Pushing him out of the clouds. Then when he was out of range of the spell he saw the pony diving toward him with intense speed. Unable to move out of the way in time the pony slammed into the lower back of the dragon, forcing them both to speed toward the mountain.

In a flash, two miles of mountain disappeared into a cloud of brown as the pony pushed the dragon at speed into the mountain top. A roar of pain shortly thereafter followed.

Night stared at the wounded dragon, who was struggling to stand, though he obviously wasn't done fighting. Though by this point, Night was. Night then used the same spell he did originally, taking in a deep breath and spitting out fire to freeze the dragon in place. Though this time the dragon shot back. Both of them testing the might of their fire. Though the dragon was too injured to keep up his fire. He soon saw his fire weaken and the fire of Night get ever closer to his body. Trying his hardest he fought, though he was unable to fight anymore and his fire died out, Night's fire quickly freezing the body of the drake up to the neck.

Night then stood on the mostly frozen dragon. "You thought you could just wander onto my turf without permission and sentence everyone to death? You are mistaken. This is MY land. I gave you a chance to leave and you spat in my face. For that I broke your jaw. You then tried to fight me, and now I have frozen your body, and ran you out of energy, both physically and magically. You spent too much trying to heal wounds till you had nothing left." Night takes a few steps up and down the body of the mostly frozen dragon. "Though to be honest, you have disappointed me. I was hoping you would have put up a larger fight. So far I wouldn't even bother listing you on my top ten opponents. You were way too stubborn and that was what led to you ending up in this state so easily."

As Night finished his speech, the dragon found new fire. Hate and rage reignited the fire that almost dwindled out. Rather quickly the drake heated his body up, the ice beginning to steam and melt. Night looked around a moment, then smiled, "Oh look at you, saving the best for round two." He then took to a hovering position.

"I will rip that muzzle of yours off that face!" The dragon roared back as the ice shattered and he was allowed to stand again.

"Big talk from a worm like you." Night retorted before taking back off into the sky. Being chased by the dragon. This time giving Night a good run for his money. The dragon now firing balls of fire at the small pony. Night was predicting the blasts as best as he could, though him being smaller and much more agile was playing part in how he was evading the blasts of fire.

Night tried most of the tricks he could think of to try and shake the dragon, but it all ended in failure. Night then decided to just wing it. Disregarding the flight manuals and combat techniques used in fights. One thing came to mind, the dragon wasn't good with speed. When Night attacked him earlier, the dragon was slow and lumbering, unable to move as fast. With this in mind Night went into a sudden dive. Gathering as much speed as he could. The dragon following suit. Though he was too focused on the pony to realize he was going faster than his body could effectively maneuver with. Unlike Night who trained himself to have fast reflexes and fly faster than most could. Though in no time the unholy whistle of the wind being channeled around Night's body came and increased in intensity. Screeching louder and louder as Night dove closer and closer to the ground. Then with only a few dozen feet left, Night pulled out of the dive and with a few powerful flaps increased his speed to the point he broke the sound barrier, a boom of air roared in the valley, off in the distance Night regained the altitude lost with speed.

The dragon meanwhile tried to air break by deploying his wings, though all he managed to do was rip the membrane from his wings with the amount of force that was against them. He slammed into the ground. Though with the amount of hate and rage in his system, he was able to heal himself and take off again. Though this time Night was the one on the offensive. Diving back down, breaking the sound barrier again on his way down, as he was flapping his wings. Slamming the drake back into the ground and the sound of bones crunching and breaking could be heard.

Once the dust settled, Night was standing on top of a barely living dragon. The injuries to the dragon being greater than his magic was able to heal at one go. Unable to fight and unable to heal, the dragon whimpered in pain and defeat as the alicorn stood on top of him. "So much for ripping my face apart." Night then glanced down to see exposed rib bone which was broken, "Best be careful I don't trip. Don't want me breaking a leg now do we?" Night then goes and looks the drake in the face. "Now, have I made myself clear that you are to leave my territory or I have to take that rib and ram it up your eye sockets till you have two horns coming out of your head?"

The dragon, picturing that image and wanting no part of that, nodded. Though painfully.

"Good, I will leave you to rest and heal up those wounds you have. Then get lost. If not, well obviously I don't have to have to finish that." Once again the drake nodded and that was when Night was interrupted by the notorious attention grabbing cough. He turned to find the six plus Celestia behind him.

The six were amazed and disgusted, mixed with sadness for the dragon, though obviously it seemed Night gave it a chance to opt out of a fight and it refused. Celestia had a look of anger on her face. "I gave specific instructions that you were not to engage the dragon."

"You waited a little too long to send that message out, as I had left for the mountain with the first hour the dragon started polluting the sky. By the time you composed the letter and sent it out, I was half way to the mountain. Though what you gonna do about it? I freed your sister, killed the monster controlling her, and obviously as you can see I nearly killed a dragon. You know I am stronger than you in both magic and physical strength. Also this just adds another crack to the fragile world you hold. Everyone in Ponyville knows I left first to deal with the dragon, the dragon dealt with only me the whole time. When he runs home to his friends and family he is going to spread the word to never venture into this region ever with ill will. Or they will have to deal with me. So Celestia, what are you going to do about me saving the day?" Night had a growl in his voice. He was obviously angry, and he was challenging Celestia on the spot. His eyes glowing like they did when he and Nightmare faced off.

The six were moving out of the way, slowly. They knew Celestia wouldn't back off easily, Night obviously had zero reason to back down. He was the biggest, baddest pony in the world at this point and there was no disputing it.

Celestia just stared angrily at the alicorn in front of her. He never bothered to address her properly. "It's Princess." She muttered, "You will address me by my title." She was on the verge of striking at this younger alicorn, to teach him a lesson about authority. But that was exactly what he wanted. He wanted her to strike, with witnesses around. The dragon, the six. They were all watching. If she attacked, they would all testify that she struck first and whatever Night did after that would count as self-defense. Only solidifying himself as the hero. He had her beat and he was flaunting it.

"Until you have proven worthy of the title, I will withhold calling you it. But as I knew, you wouldn't do anything about me saving the day again. It's a wonder how Nightmare didn't win a thousand years ago, in both this world and in mine."

That was the last switch that Night needed to flip.

Author's Note:

I lied, this is getting updated before anything else apparently.

All inspiration was toward this moment. Literally, I had plans to have a Trixie chapter first, but I wanted to have this chapter more. So no Trixie for you. For now anyway.

I also have a few stories in the works, so you may or may not see them soon. I will tell if you ask nicely.