• Published 8th Feb 2019
  • 867 Views, 0 Comments

Taking Rarity to Prom - Hourglass

  • ...
5
 0
 867

Taking Rarity to Prom

Author's Note:

This is my tribute to a character in the series who I really love. She comes in second place with Luna. Her name is Rarity. She, to me, is a beautiful, pure, and generous spirit. She is a wonderful young woman and a true incarnation of beauty. I really love her, and I am writing this story to show the one greatest thing that I would like to do with such a wonderful person; taking her out to prom. I hope that this will be another great addition to the love stories that I have written before, and that any hopeless romantics like me will be able to relate to how and why I love Rarity. :raritystarry::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:💏👩‍❤️‍👨

I am starting out by saying this, I am currently enrolled as a junior at CHS. So when the Prom season in April came around I wanted to do something very special.

I wanted to go to prom, get dressed up, and have a good time. But all of that made me feel like something was missing. I felt that my experience at prom would be incomplete if I didn't have a special person to go with. That all changed when I talked with my friend Micro Chips on the day before Prom tickets went on sale.

¨Good morning Micro.¨ I said to him on that morning.

¨Good morning Hourglass, is your day going as well as is academically or positively possible?¨ Yes, he talked quite a bit.

¨Well Micro, to tell you the truth, what I'm about to ask you has nothing remotely to do with academics. Though I promise you that my grades are still going well in all of my classes.¨

Micro started getting worried.
¨What is the problem that is befalling you?¨ I told him.

¨Well, prom is coming up, and I, well...want to ask someone who I really like out for it.¨ Micro Chips glanced at me surprised.

¨I didn't think you were that kind of person, especially how introverted you are, and since you like to stay out of teenage affairs.¨ I took a deep breath and told him.

¨The person who I would like to take is one of those girls who is friends with Twilight, my second best friend behind you. That girl who came over to our side after she transferred from Crystal Prep....I..Want...To...TAKE...R.¨

¨Rarity?¨ He answered me. I sighed.

¨Yes, I really think that she's a beautiful young woman. Her generous spirit, poofy violet hair, lovely blue eyes-¨ Micro Chips cut me off.

¨O.K. Hourglass, I get it, you really think that she's a wonderful person. But there's one thing I don't get. You liked Trixie before.¨

¨Yes,¨ I answered. ¨She was quite pretty, but for me, nothing beats the elegance that Rarity possesses. I want to take her.¨

Micro gave me a pointer.

¨Go to where Twilight and her friends eat at lunch. You're on good terms with Twilight, she's your second friend other than me. Ask her if you can speak to Rarity, then if she says yes, ask Rarity if you can take her. If she says yes, you've scored a whopper. If not, at least you can still ask Trixie. I'm sure she'd be fine with you taking her.¨ I thanked Micro for the pointer. ¨Hey, no problem or difficulty. Good luck Hourglass.¨

At lunch, I decided to make my move. I headed into the cafeteria and saw Twilight with her friends at the table. There in the midst of them was Rarity...WOW! She looked beautiful today, like always, she always had that effect on me each time I looked at her. I made it over to Twilight.

"Good morning Twilight." I spoke calmly.

"Good morning Hourglass, how are you today?" Twilight asked.

I started sweating a little.

"I..um...actually want to speak...with Rarity." I stuttered.

Twilight was O.K. with it. "Sure, go ahead."

Rarity looked at me, man, she looked amazing.

"Hello there Hourglass, Twilight has told me all about you."

I love her British Accent. Anyway, I started talking to her.

"I..um..want to ask you something."

She nodded

"O.K. what is it?"

I got really tense, so intense that I started breathing a little bit. My mind slightly went blank.

Rarity looked at me funny. "What is it Hourglass?"

"RARITY!!!" I bellowed. Everyone turned to look. "Sorry." I whispered.

I got close to her and whispered in her ear. "Rarity, would you...like to go...to prom...with me?"

Rarity looked at me. She was smiling in the sweetest way. "Of course Hourglass, I would like to go with you."

I heaved a sigh of relief. "For a moment there I...thought you wouldn't."

Rarity looked at me silly. "Why wouldn't I, especially since Twilight has talked about you. You're a very kind gentleman I've heard. You help people out around the school, you are a star student of all your teachers, you even have some of the best grades. I would like to come with you."

I smiled, and I hugged Rarity. "Thank you Rarity." I sighed happily.

Rarity hugged me back. "You're welcome Hourglass."

A few weeks later I bought tickets for her and I. we had already been getting ready for prom. Well, at least I knew I was getting ready, but something told me that Rarity was getting ready to. The tickets weren't that much so that was the least of my budget worries. I was talking with my parents late into the night about buying at tux, renting a limo, and going to a fancy place to eat. It all paid off in the end, and everything was ready by the time Prom rolled around.

The big night had arrived. I'd be meeting Rarity at her house in the limo at 7:00 PM. The limo was outside in the driveway, I had just managed to get my tailcoat on and was running out to get to it.

"DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT MEEEEE!!!" I yelled.

The driver chuckled as I got in the back. "I'm not leaving until you are ready."

We got to Rarity's quite quickly. The driver parked the limo on the curb and I got out. I went right up to the front door and ringed the door bell. The person who answered the door was Sweetie Belle, Rarity's younger sister.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm here to take Rarity to prom." I answered kindly.

Sweetie Belle realized that. "Oh..O.K." She yelled out into the house. "RARITY, HE'S HERE!!!"

I waited for a few minutes and then I saw her. Rarity, she looked wonderful tonight. Her hair was done tastefully well, she had done some makeup on herself, and she was wearing a light blue sparkly dress.

"Hello Hourglass." She crooned. "Are you ready?"

I nodded. "Yes I am." I linked my elbow to the side of my hip. "Shall we my lady?" I asked like a gentleman.

Rarity giggled and put her hand in my link. "Yes Hourglass, we shall."

The ride in the limo over to the restaurant was quite smooth. It was different riding in a limo (since it was such a long car) but I was able to take it. Rarity was sitting next to me the whole time, hand in mine and her head was on my shoulder, looking up into my eyes dreamily.

We made it to the restaurant. "This is it Rarity, we have made it."

We went inside and a waiter got our table. "Your table." he said as he let us sit down at it.

Rarity and I talked for awhile during the time that they were getting our meal made.

I started. "I appreciate you letting me take you to Prom Rarity. You're the girl who I really wanted to take."

Rarity giggled calmly. "Thank you Hourglass, I wanted to take you to, but I wanted to see if you would ask me yourself. I've seen you around quite a bit, it's obvious to me that you like me."

I was surprised. "Really? I always looked away when you started looking my direction and you were never in my classes?"

She held my hand and rubbed it as she continued. "I had my own ways of finding out. Twilight told me all about you, and she even mentioned a few times that she thought that you liked me. She was mainly guessing, but it turns out she was right, you do like me."

I blushed. "Aww, stop it."

"What?" Rarity crooned as she she came over to sit with me.

I couldn't help myself, I cuddled with her. "Thanks Rarity, you're the best girl I've met."

She cuddled with me too. "You're welcome Hourglass."

After the dinner, we headed over to the Canterlot High gym where the dance was being held. I gave our tickets to Vice Principal Luna as we went in.

"Our star student, with our fashionista." Luna spoke. "Looks like your the lucky man."

"Thanks Vice Principal." I replied.

Rarity and I made it into the gym where the music was being played by Flash Sentry's band; The Flashdrives. There were disco balls, techno lights, people already jamming out, and there were a few smoke machines. Rarity and I made it onto the dance floor and really started dancing as soon as the next song 'Anyway you want it' from Journey started playing.

"You're really moving it tonight Rarity!" I shouted

"You're not too bad either." Rarity replied.

We really were. Rarity was moving her hips and her legs were moving. I was mainly just doing a few worms and moving my legs in a fast swinging way while I kept the upper-level of my body. We really started dancing with each other when 'You're the one that I want' from Grease started playing. and we had an awesome time doing the line dance to 'Beat It' from Micheal Jackson.

We were pretty tired out after that. "Do you want to take a break now Rarity?" I asked.

Rarity nodded. "I'm kinda getting tired, I could take a break. Let's get some water at the refreshment stand."

"O.K." I said.

We drank to our hearts content and held hands with each other for a little while.

"Could we do this again sometime Rarity?" I asked

"Come to prom? Of course!" She replied. She hugged me again. It felt good when she hugged me, nice, warm, and cozy. Sort of like a blanket. It was really cute.

Then, we heard Principal Celestia speaking up on the stage.

"Attention all students, we are glad to say that after a long time of student voting, the king and queen of the prom have been elected." A great cheer went up from the audience.

She continued. "We are now going to introduce them. Here's the letter." Vice Principal Luna gave it to Principal Celestia.

Celestia opened it. "Your queen is...Rarity." Everyone gave thunderous applause for her.

I must admit that I was starting to get a little sad there when I saw that Rarity had gotten the title of Prom Queen, but as soon as I was walking out I could hear Principal Celestia give another announcement.

"And, your king is....Hourglass!" My heart jumped.

"Have I really?" I asked myself. The whole student body ran over to me and took me up to the stage. They were all cheering for me. Principal Celestia gave Rarity her crown first, then she gave me mine.

I gave Rarity a compliment. "You look wonderful in the crown."

Rarity smiled. "So do you."

It was the happiest point of my teenage life there. But then something happened as Rarity and I got back onto the dance floor. The slow dance started, it was 'Thinking Out Loud' from Ed Sheeran.

I looked deep into Rarity's lovely blue eyes. "Care to dance?"

She smiled. "Of course Hourglass."

We slowly swayed with each other, I held her hands in a waltzing position. We slowly went around the dance floor, looking into each other's eyes, our hearts melting for each other. I slowly came close to her face, closed my eyes...and kissed her. Rarity kissed me back, it was wonderful. We held it for the last few seconds of the song, and then we came apart.

I could see a tear in Rarity's eye. "Are you O.K. Rarity? I..I'm sorry...I didn't know what-"

Now Rarity was kissing me. WOW!!!

She left after just 7 seconds and tearfully smiled as she whispered. "I...Love..you....Hourglass."

I hugged her, she hugged back. "I know...I love you to Rarity."...

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment