• Published 4th Jan 2019
  • 8,185 Views, 179 Comments

Adventures Of An Animus Dragon - Undertotem



A man gets sent to Equestria, but not as a human, but as his OC dragon. Camo scales - weird, mind reading - head ache, prophecy seeing - HUGE migrane, venom spit - dangerous. At least he has books to keep his abilities from being a problem

  • ...
19
 179
 8,185

Proper explanations are proper - Part 2

Author's Note:

This chapter is going to be told in third person. I am currently trying out different views to see what style fits me the best.

Suggestions and feedback is appreciated. And as always, see you in the next chapter.

Dragon information was collected from Wings of Fire wiki and books

"Ask away." Stargazer said to the ponies and dragon. The group on the other hand looked at each other and discussed for a few moments until Twilight decided to ask a question.

"We were curious as to why your scales were chaning color, I mean, you are a dragon and from what I observed about dragons, they don't change the color of their scales, and how did you turn invisible, is it some kind of magic, dragons aren't supposed to have magic, so....how did you do it?" She asked while popping out a roll of parchment for her to write her findings.

"Um.....well, the reason as to why I can change my scales and turn invisible is because I'm a RainWing. One of the seven dragon tribes in Pyrrhia. Well, at least, part RainWing" Stargazer said as he tries to wrap up all the knowledge he knew about the story and additional information he found in the internet.

While Twilight is listening intently to the answer while scribbling the notes on the parchment, Applejack came forward and asked her question.

"And what'r these seven dragon tribes yah' speak ov'?" She said, slighty suspicious of the 'part RainWing' statement.

"Uhh....well, from what I read, the seven dragon tribes are, MudWings, SkyWings, SandWings, SeaWings, RainWings, Icewings, and Nightwings." Stargazer said with full confidence since the question was easy to answer.

Applejack took in what she heard while Twilight is still furiously writing all the information that is being said.

"Well, I would like to know why you said you were part....well RainWing, dear Stargazer. Could you care to explain." Rarity said with a hint of uneasiness in her voice when she said rain.

"Please, just call me Star, and the reason why I said I am part RainWing is because I'm actually a hybrid. My other half is a NightWing." Star said.

Twilight stopped at what she was writing and thought about what Star said. A hybrid? Then that would mean that his abilities are a mixture from two very different dragons, and that would mean that each tribe is different from one another! She thought. She was about to ask Star to explain each tribe, but the young purple dragon was the first to ask the question.

"Can you explain the tribes in detail, I want to know what kind of dragons are there!" Spike said with a mix of curiosity and enthusiasm, wanting to know more about these types of dragons, since the last dragons he met were not the ones he was expecting.

"Umm......well which one should I explain first?" Star asked the others.
Until Rainbow dash couldn't help herself any longer, her curiosity got the better of her and she asked a question before any of the others got the chance to question Stargazer.

"I wanna know more about these Sky dragons or something. Are they fast or what, tell me anything about them. I'll even bet that they aren't as cool as I am" She said with overwhelming confidence in herself.

"It's SkyWINGS, not sky dragon. Well, you are technically correct, but please refrain from saying that, you sould like your degrading them." Star said as he looked at Rainbow Dash disapprovingly, while Rainbow Dash just glared at him, still suspecious of him.

"Well, SkyWings have different color variations from red-gold, to orange, and sometimes pink scales. They have enormous wings and incredible endurance. Due to their large wing span, they are powerful fliers as well as fighters when it comes air combat. They can breathe fire, and even rarely, SkyWing dragonets are born with fire scales. Meaning, they have too much flame in them, thus they expel it through their scales, even making them somewhat resistant to fire. But with great gifts, comes with great curses. Having too much fire, they can not deactivate or remove their fire, they will have to live the rest of their lives avoiding any physical contact, because they might kill another dragon simply by touching them, turning them into ashes. Their new queen is Queen Ruby."

After giving the information, Star looked at the others and saw mixed reactions. Twilight was still writing down notes and is on her second parchment, but slightly disturbedat the prospect of being in flames all the time, Rainbow Dash has a face of awe and slight fear, Rarity was thinking about the different color schemes, Fluttershy was scared at the fact that there's a being capable of killing others just by touching them, but also concerned for the poor dragon who has to avoid others so they couldn't hurt anyone, the rest have a face of concern, fear, and awe. Well, all but Pinkie who just kept smiling.

"Well.....I'd like to know what type of government you have? Now that you've said that there is a queen for the SkyWings." Twilight said, seemingly curious as to how the dragons even formed a proper civilization due to there having a lack of information about dragons and all. The others groaned as Twilight said this, them being more interested on the dragons themselves, and Twilight being more interested on the dragons and their society.

Star chuckled and said, "I'll explain how our society works later, but right now lets focus more on the other dragons. So what am I going to explain next?"

"Um...well, I want to know more about your other half. The NightWing half......if you don't mind, that is." Fluttershy said hiding behind her mane, as if embarrased that she somehow offended the dragon. The others agreed, wanting to know more about the origins and skills of the dragon infront of them.

"Oh, yes, and also explain next your RainWing half after, would you?" Rarity asked, since she was the most curious as to why they can change scales.

"U-umm....w-well" Star stuttered, unsure weather to tell them the NightWing abilities and lie about it, but he then decided against it due to the fact that a lie detector is in the room with him.

"W-well, NightWings are usually have dark, midnight black scales with scattered silver scales on their underbelly and under their wings, like a night sky full of stars, they also have forked black tongues." Star paused of a moment before giving out his half race abilities. "They can-" Star was suddenly cut off by an energetic pink mare, her explining the rest of the information he wasn't willing to share.

"Oh, oh, oh!!! They can breathe fire; disappear into dark shadows, and depending on whether they hatch on one or two or three full moons, some baby dragons hatch with the power to read minds or tell the future, even do both when born under two or three full moons!" She said enthusiastically, while the others are shocked as to what Pinkie Pie just said, Star knew this would somehow happen, but he wasn't prepared for it.

"Wait, wait, wait. So you're saying that you can-" Rainbow Dash was then cut off by an ecstatic purple alicorn who clung to the face of the dragon.

"YOU CAN READ MINDS!?!? YOU CAN READ THE FUTURE!?!? TELL ME HOW YOU DO IT!!!" She screamed but before she could say any more things, she felt somthing hold her barrel and was then removed from the face of the dragon. She smiled sheepishly as the dragon gently puts her down while Stargazer covers one of his ears from the sudden explosive shout.

"I-I'll answwr that question later" he said trying to avoid the subject.

While the others were uncomfortable to the idea that someone is reading their minds, Twilight on the other hand puffed her cheeks and gave an annoyed look at the dragon.

"Fine! But you'll have to explain yourself later on. Got it!" She said sternly, but her expression then changed as she thought about the new research material she could work with, even going as far as creating her own book from the information she found.

Sigh "The next tribe I would be explaining is the RainWings, the tribe I am a proud member of. Our scales constantly shift colors depending on our mood. Usually we are bright like birds of paradise. We have prehensile tails. Some of our scale colors include pink for happy, pale green for fear, white for pain, red for anger, blue-purple for pride, deep purple for guilt or shame, and blue-gray for sadness. We can camouflage our scales to blend into our surroundings and we can shoot a deadly black venom from our fangs, which destroys all living material and kills within minutes if it gets in the eyes or bloodstream. The only cure from our venom is venom from a related dragon. We could also imitate a bird call perfectly. We mostly eat fruit if we want to, because we mainly get our energy by exposing our scales to the sun. And from what I read, our tribe used to have six queens. That is, until Queen Glory took over, who also happens to be the queen of all the NightWings. I might tell you the story I heared from the others on how the NightWings now have a RainWing queen some other time."

Rarity now seems to be staring intently at the dragons scales, as if waiting for somthing to happen. Stargazer looked at her then chuckled as he changes the color of his scales from white and red to yellow, orange, and red, shocking the others with awe from the sudden change of colors, all the while, Rarity now has stars in her eyes, thinking of all the new line of clothes inspired by the RainWings and the other tribes.

"Darling, I must say, the combination of colors that your scales create are simply marvelous. You must come to my boutique sometime so I can draw inspiration from you." She said.

"Oh...um...sure. I'll try???" Star said while turning to a light shade of red feeling embarrased but with a hint of blue and purple mixed with the red.

Applejack stepped forward, feeling much more comfortable aroud the dragon now that she knows that he shows no ill intent to her friends. Although she still feels unnerved due to the fact that the dragon might be reading her mind.

"Well Star, ah'd like to ask bout' these MudWing feller's" She said curious as to why they were called after wet dirt.

"Well, from what I understood from Clay's lectures, MudWings have thick, armored brown scales, sometimes with amber and gold undersides. They have large, flat heads with nostrils on the top of the snout. They can breathe fire if warm enough and hold their breath for up to an hour. They can blend into mud puddles and usually are the strongest in terms of power. The reason for this is because of their Sibling System or Sibs for short. MudWing eggs are laid in warm mud nests prottected by walls of hot rocks, since their safe the mother doesn't need to watch over the eggs. And the dragonets are usually born without the mother around. The first born is usually the biggest and his or her first task is to help the other dragonets out of their eggs by cracking their shells from the outside. The first born is called Bigwings. And from then on, the Bigwings then takes care of the others, they stick together, hunt and survive together, grow up together for the rest of their lives. Even fight as a group when theres a war or somthing."

As Applejack hears this, she could not help but feel glad thet she has her family. Because, just like the MudWings, she would care for her family because and help them through tick and thin.

"Sometimes, a dragonet born from
a blood-red egg becomes resistant to fire and most extreme sources of heat. Their queen is Queen Moorhen"

The others then thought about their family and siblings, about how much they care for them. All thought about this, exept one purple and green drake who is now wondering who is his mother and father and if he has any siblings at all. But then he thought about how he has Twilight and her family supporting him as well. Hearing this, Stargazer smiled and continued explaining the other dragon tribes.

"I'll just continue on my explanation, then I'll answer the rest of your questions after the explanation, okay?"

They all nod gathered around, much more interested now than ever, even Rainbow Dash seemd to forget her previous suspicion about the dragon now that she wants to hear more about the other tribes.

"Lets move to the SeaWings next. The SeaWings consist of blue or green or aquamarine scales, they have webs between their claws and gills on their necks. They have glow-in-the-dark stripes on their tails/snouts/underbellies. Royal SeaWings have large swirls and starbursts under their wings. As the name suggest, they can breathe underwater, have glowing stripes behind their eyes and on their bodies which they use their own language, called Aquatic. They can create huge waves with one splash of their powerful tails; excellent swimmers. Animus power runs in the royal family. Their queen is Queen Coral. And yes, they live at the bottom of the sea or underwater."

"The SandWings live within the dessert. They usually have pale yellow or white scales the color of desert sand and they have poisonous barbed tails. They also have forked black tongues and eyes black as onyx. They can survive a long time without water and poison their enemies with tips of tails like scorpions and the cure for this venom is a certain cactus that I manage to forget the name of. They could bury themselves for camouflage in the desert sand, and they breathe fire. They didn't have a queen for a long time because she was killed, and her three daughters waged war against each other, that is when two of the sisters died and the last forfited due to the enchanted necklace known as The Eye of the Onyx choosing a rightful leader for the SandWings. And her name is Queen Thorn."

"And lastly the IceWings. They have silvery scales like snow or pale blue like ice and have ridged claws to grip the ice they walk on. They have forked blue tongues and tails that narrow to a whip-thin end. They can withstand sub-zero temperature and bright light, they also exhale a deadly freezing breath, which, if it gets into another dragon's inside, they either freeze and die. They usually have a ranking system called The Circle Rankings. There are seven circles, the First Circle being the highest and the Seventh Circle being the lowest. Most of the time, the youngest dragonets are at the bottom, while the older ones are at the top, since it takes time for the dragons to work their way up. Their previous queen was Queen Glacier who was killed, now the new queen is Queen Snowfall."

After explaining the last three dragon tribes, the ponies and the baby dragon are looking at me with awe and wonder, having different thoughts from each other. All the while, Twilight still continued writing down all the information said and is on her sixth parchment.

"As much as I like to talk, it's almost noon, and it's nearing my sun time. I'll talk to you later if I have the chance, but for know I need to regain my energy." Stargazer said to the others while they looked at him questioningly.

"Can you show me the nearest balcony Twilight, I need as much sun as I can get."

Twilight wasn't sure what was happening but left to led Stargazer to the highest balcony. Stargazer followed leaving five ponies and one dragon soaking all the information that was told to them. They all soon said their goodbyes and left the castle to do their needed work, all wondering when can they talk to the strange dragon. The last one to move from his spot was the green and purple drake, wondering if theres any more REAL dragons like Stargazer. As he was about to leave, the young drake notices three objects lying on the floor near where the other dragon was resting. He walked closer and noticed that they were books with a different style of writing, one he was not familiar with.