• Published 4th Jan 2019
  • 8,143 Views, 179 Comments

Adventures Of An Animus Dragon - Undertotem



A man gets sent to Equestria, but not as a human, but as his OC dragon. Camo scales - weird, mind reading - head ache, prophecy seeing - HUGE migrane, venom spit - dangerous. At least he has books to keep his abilities from being a problem

  • ...
19
 179
 8,143

Colts, Fillies, Stories, And Forests - Part 1

Stargazer and Spike were walking through the streets of Ponyville. Both trying to find a good place to eat, well, mostly Spike, since Stargazer was still not familiar with the layout of Ponyville. They continued walking, more like Stargazer was waking, as Spike continues to ride on top of the white and red dragon's head, looking around for any good food stores to eat in. It took some time to find restaurants or food stores, since there's still some considerable amount of ponies who wasn't informed about Ponyville's newest resident, so some of them were still a bit skittish. But fortunately, those who were at the party were able to spread around some good things about the dragon.

But there's still one problem that the two are facing. They might have found a good place to eat, a restaurant known as The Garden, placed somewhat near the market street. The ponies on the other talon were friendly enough to accept the new dragon as a customer, and not a problem waiting to happen. The problem that they did face was that of size. Not only was the RainWing taller, he was also larger in comparison to the smaller ponies with their smaller doors. Fortunately, the two dragon's problem were fixed and they were able to settle to the side of the establishment. A wide open area with a small fountain at the center, grass on the floor and flower bushes surrounding the perimeter, rather large round tables with comfortable cushions for seating, and a tall translucent roof shading with hanging flower and plant pots. This was, in no doubt, a garden.

The two dragons settled on the corner of the garden, Spike sitting on top of one of the cushions, while Stargazer took his time to gather a few of the spare cushions that were laying around the place.

"This place, The Garden, may be new, but I've heard other ponies say about the good food that they serve. I've been meaning to try eating here with Twilight... but... well... things happened. Well, better late than never right." Spike said as he looked at the menu that was infront of him. When he did look up however, Spike saw the RainWing walk towards their table, carrying spare cushions, one tucked in each wing and one dangling from the mouth of the red and white dragon.

"They even have great service here from what those ponies say!" Stargazer heard Spike say enthusiastically, as he laid down the cushions that he was carrying opposite to where the green and purple dragon was sitting. In total the cushions that the Stargazer had was four, the other three he used to surround in a half circle his pillow-y seat, and since the cushions were a bit large, he curled himself up inside the half circle of pillows.

"Hmmm..... I wonder why that is?" Stargazer said as he tries to look at the menu infront of him, he could read the words but just barely, due to the size of the menu. What ever magic sent him here though, was generous enough to let him understand pony literature.

"Hi there!! I'm here and ready to take your orders?" A unicorn waitress said as she pulled out a notepad and sat on her haunches at the side of the dragon's table.

"Yeah! I'm gonna get the Deluxe Meal Set D with extra hay fries, extra crispy, and extra tomato and tar-tar sauce." Spike said as he quickly found the meal that he wanted to have.

"What's yours Star?"
"And yours sir?"

The unicorn waitress and Spike said, both questions overlapping, but still asking the same thing. Stargazer took his time looking at the rather small menu, but he was having a hard time choosing due to him thinking that the servings would be too small for his liking, and he didn't want to leech off of Twilight and Spike's money. He is a dragon after all, and dragons need lots of food to work. And he may be like a plant, but just like any other plant, they need nutrients to survive, not just the sun. Hesitating for a bit, he finally spoke after an eternity of thinking and contemplating, a few minutes.

"Issss..... there something in the menu that I can eat at my size level?" The white and red dragon asked, but the pony in question perked up at this question and replied.

"Oh! If that's what you're worrying about, don't worry about spending an unnecessary amount of bits to satisfy yourself with our food. Here at the garden, we give our servings a proper food size to body ratio, and seeing that you're large yourself, you're getting a bigger service due to your body size." The unicorn waitress said happily.

"Oh, wow, that's pretty generous of you. Ummmm......... is there any recommendations that has alot of fruits in it?" Stargazer asked the waitress, but peering a little bit into her mind, she did not lie about the food size to body ratio thing. Meanwhile, Spike is just listened at the "conversation" as he drank water and read through the entire menu to see what else he would like.

"Hmm...... I recommend ordering the Fruit Festival if you want to eat a large variety of only fruit. Or if you like mixing things up, you could go for Mixed Green with a side of Fruit Bowl." The unicorn waitress said, pointing out the possible food that the dragon requested, as well as taking note that the white and red dragon didn't ask for gems or meat first, but fruit.

"I think I'm going to take the Mixed Green with the Fruit Bowl side." Stargazer said to the unicorn waitress. The waitress then nodded and confirmed their orders and then left to deliver their orders.


True to the unicorn waitress' words, the food that was served to them was relative to their body size. Even if Spike ordered a larger meal than Stargazer, the white and red dragons' meal was "larger" than that of the baby dragon. Stargazer knew that vegetables were supposed to be good for him, he was skeptical to eat the greens at first, due to the fact that his dragon body might reject the plant. But then he remembered that his SandWing teacher, Sunny, liked eating wild carrots, as well as seaweeds. He contemplated for a bit and gave thought about that piece of information, but he soon decided to eat it either way.

The meal was soon finished by the two dragons, with a bit of small talk here and there, but ultimately finished with peace and contentment. For about ten seconds, until a voices were heard from the other side of the fence.

"I'm just saying, if physical energy can be turned into thermal energy, how hard do I have to punch a plate of hay to make hay fries?" A voice said from behind the fence. Upon looking over the fence, Stargazer and Spike saw the pony behind the voice. She was a pegasus filly with an orange coat and purple-pink mane and tail. With her were two other fillies, one with with a white coat and purple and pink mane and tail, the other has a yellow coat and red mane and tail with a large pink bow tied to her mane.

"Scootaloo, I don't think that's how energy works." The white one said, Stargazer "couldn't" remember her name, so he just kept silent, looked, and kept up with the act that he doesn't know anyone who haven't introduced themselves to him. But for Spike, he immediately called out the group.

"Hi girls!! What are you guys right now? Wait, hold on, aren't you guys supposed t be at school?" Spike greeted then asked the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Hi Spike!!!" The three said. "Well, Miss Cheerliee told us that school would start late, since she said that there were other foals that were invited at the party yesterday, as well as her, she told us that we needed a little more time to rest before starting classes." The white one said.

"Yeah! So we thought we could roam around for a while before-" The yellow filly said, but she stopped as she noticed a large figure beside the green and purple dragon. "Hey!!! You're that dragon at the party!!!" She exclaimed as she saw the red and white dragon beside Spike.

"Ummm...... Hi there." The dragon replied, trying his hardest not saying their name and ruining his already good reputation. Although he could just cheat his way by saying that he read through their mind and took the information out of their memories. But he's not that kind of a dragon. So he did the best thing that he can do, and what he has always done from the start, fake plastic faces.

"You are..... um...... What were your names again???" Stargazer asked the trio of fillies, completely "ignorant" of their existence, until now.

"Mah name's Applebloom." The yellow one said. "And I'm Sweetie Belle." The white one said. "And I'm Scootaloo." The orange one said. "And together, we're THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS, YAY!!!!!" The trio yelled, and true to the cartoon and fanfics, Stargazer had to cover his ears due to the sheer volume of the noise created by the tree fillies.

"Heh, hi, I'm Stargazer and quick question. Were you three the ones that netted me back at the party?" He asked, although he already knew the answers, first impressions were always important, so he withheld information again.

"Yeah that was us. We were trying to get our Cutie Marks as dragon capturers. Didn't work though." Sweetie Bell said, excited at first, but then said the second part solemnly. But suddenly he face brightened up as she thought of something.

"Hey girls, I just thought of a great idea." Sweetie Bell squeaked as she forcibly huddles the rest of her friends, holding their heads down while sitting on their haunches and fore hooves on each others shoulders.

Stargazer and Spike was looking at this spectacle, although they both could hear them whispering, none of them could understand the words the three girls are saying. But luckily, Stargazer has one thing that would give him an idea as to what the three fillies are talking about. Reaching towards their minds, like listening to a conversation through a doorway, Stargazer listened to what their current thoughts are.

".....-is a good idea-...."
"........-would be great for school-..........."
"......-everypony would like it-......"
".......-wonder what's for dinner-......."
".....-should i just head home-......"
".......-somewhere under the desk I-......."
'....-about the dragon that-......"
"......-easy there, so, you're finally awake-....."

That was when Stagazer remembered something. He was still not properly trained to read minds, and most of what he could do was zone out everything or listen to everyone. Even with Moonwatcher's advice and reminders, it did little to help him listen to the three fillies' conversation. He then made a mental note to himself to start reading through the books that he bought, starting from the mind reading one.

After a few moments of whispering, the three fillies turned back towards the two dragons. The three fillies looked at Stargazer, eyes filled with stars and sparkles. They then took a large breath and all three spoke simultaneously.

"Could you come with us for our show and tell?!?!?"


Stargazer wasn't sure what was happening. One moment the three fillies were talking with him, the next is that he's waiting outside a school, in the play area, waiting for the three fillies' turn in show and tell. He was sitting beside the sand pit, idly looking around and thinking to himself, with Spike beside the left of him. Spike was currently eating food that he took out from The Garden. Spike had a moment of thinking before he spoke to Stargazer.

"So, what are you going to do when they start talking to you?" Spike said, genuinely curious as to what the white and red dragon was going to do.

Stargazer on the other talon was zone in on himself and thinking to himself, as his scales turn into a mixture of gold, yellow, and dark blue. Since it was a show and tell, he was thinking as to what he could present, although the three fillies were the ones doing the show and tell, Stargazer couldn't help but think that the three just wanted to introduce him to their class. His thoughts then stopped when he heard Spike speak.

"Huh?? Oh, sorry, what were you saying?" The white and red dragon asked Spike.

Spike then rolled his eyes, "I was asking, what do you plant on showing or telling the other foals? I mean you should at least tell them something interesting, plus, this might be a good way to pass the time, since we don't have any schedules or anything." He said with slight enthusiasm to his voice.

"Well, I am thinking as to what to do. And, hey, don't you have something to do back at the castle, from the rather short time I've been here, I've seen Twilight with some lists. Are you sure that she didn't leave a list of things to do while her and the rest of the girls are out?" The larger dragon asked the purple and green dragon.

"I mean, not at the moment." The baby dragon replied. "Me and Big Mac do have our guys night out later. As far as I know, that's about it."

"Huh, weird, I thought that she would do more than tha-" Stargazer said, but he was then interrupted by someone mentioning his name.

"And here he is, everypony, we introduce you to Stargazer!!" The white and red dragon heard from his right.

As he turned his head, Stargazer saw a group of colts and fillies walking towards where Spike and him are staying, along with their teacher. Raising one of his front talons up, he waved at the coming group with a small smile on his face.

"So, where do we begin?" Stargazer asked.


A few questions has passed, questions such as "What are you?", "What's a RainWing?", "Can you breath fire?", "Can you really change your scales?", and a few more. Stargazer on the other talon, did his best to answer the questions that were asked, giving either sort replies and answers or a small demonstration.

Stargazer then noticed a hoof raise up from the small crowd. The hoof came from a filly with a two tone light blond colored mane and tail with a light purple-gray coat.

"Hi, my names Dinky Doo, and your scales are really pretty!" the small filly said enthusiastically.

"Oh! Thanks for the compliment. Did... you have a question for me?" Stargazer asked the small filly.

"Do you have any stories where you're from?" She asked innocently as she tilted her head to the side.

Stargazer eyes widened slightly at the question. He then turned his head towards Spike, only to see the purple and green dragon look at him and shrug his shoulders. He then turned his head back towards the small crowd, and began thinking. He hummed for a while, thinking as to what to say, until he remembered something.

At the background, a few voices were talking and arguing, most likely a word fight between Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon against the Crusaders or someone else. Although this was not heard by Stargazer due to him thinking. But the argument stopped once he replied to the young filly that asked the question.

"I have a few stories that I can tell. Is that okay?" He asked the teacher, and once he looked at Ms. Cheerlie, he got a nood of approval.

Stargazer slowly stood up as memories of his favorite stories flash within his mind. He then addressed the crowd infront of him as he turned to get their attention. When turning he noticed that the group was quiet and was waiting for him to do something.

""Um.... I would like to tell a few stories, from where I am from, I.... you enjoy." He said as he paused for a while. "The title of the story is "The Lost Heir" made by Queen Coral"

Just as soon as he finished saying the title and the author, something within him opened. With the magical forces within Equestria at work, strings and humming were heard. For Stargazer, his body went on auto pilot, and his mind played one of his favorite stories as music then began playing from out of nowhere, along with his scales change in color to help depict his story better.

Ontas kritela nosontilis
Virtili valetzuri
Kiyetu sanala hala'hui
Leilian vo elus virras

As he sings the story that he knew, Stargazer's scales shift in color. His wings and body turned to the color of the bright sea and showed a pair of royal looking dragons. An egg nestled between them, showing a happy family. The egg showed an importance to the family, for when it hatches, the arriving princess would be the next queen to rule the kingdom.

Vira notu sotiso
Wori melivra o
Hui'sas sanaa'ela hala
Rekriato me

One day, the royal parents woke in the middle of the night to check on their egg, only to find another sea dragon running away with their beloved unborn child. Stargazers scales then shift into darker blues, as he showed a sea dragon escaping from a troop of guards, with an egg clutched within the dragons arms.

Kaya naiatolus
Werihi kala'us
Le'a le'u teras
Rekriato me...
Rekriato me...

Tears of sadness trail down the female royal, as her child was taken from her by a traitor. While vengeance burned within the eyes of the male royal as he swore to find the traitor and bring back his child. Stargazer's scales shift again showing the faces of both royals and underneath is the sea dragon with the egg within their claws.

Honya valelus sonavelis
Viri as'ana dore
Ashai valerias solathelas
Resha uro huitusviratus

Years has passed and the egg has hatched. The young princess not knowing her origins believed that the only one left in their family was her and her supposed father. They lived away from most dragons, but they still lived happily together, even in isolation. Stargazer then showed the smiling faces of both dragons, content with each others company.

Vira notu sotiso
Wori melivra o
Hui'sas sanaa'ela hala
Rekriato me

When returning home from her hunt, the young princess then and there, found her father fighting off other dragons, and struggling. when she hurried herself to help him, the father told her to run away and save herself. She struggled as she wanted to help her father, but was weak to do so. So she flew away, tears flowing from her eyes, hoping that her father would escape soon.

Kaya naiatolus
Werihi kala'us
Le'a le'u teras
Rekriato me...
Rekriato me...

The young princess flew, as far as she can. She did not look back in fear that the bad dragons attacking her father would chase after her. She flew as fast as she could in her entire life, and soon dove into a forest to seek shelter and to hid from those who seek her. Stargazers scales showed a green forest background, as his scales also showed the worried face of the young princess.

Vesasarem
Vitoris analesa litus
Visasarem
Kaya noseras sai'us
Visasarem
Vitolis analesasa litus
Visasarem
Kaya noseras sai'us

The young princess then went on to her own journey. The adventure of her life, where she fell and stood back up, where problems and conflicts waited for her to solve them. She met different dragons, and made a few friends in her travels, to escape her past, and to know who she really is and what her place is in the world.

Vira notu sotiso
Wori melivra o
Hui'sas sanaa'ela hala
Rekriato me

Her adventure ends where it then all began, in the SeaWing Kingdom. The young princess did not know what fate had in store for her. She was just a traveler stopping by the kingdom or visiting it, when she somehow encountered one male member of the royal family. She was then invited and welcomed in open arms by the royal family, but it confused her greatly.

Kaya naiatolus
Werihi kala'us
Le'a le'u teras
Rekriato me...
Rekriato me...

Not knowing how to act and how to respond, she sat there with the biggest problem waiting for her. She remembered the hard life she lived, the loss of her father, and the sadness she brought with her in her journey. She thought back to everything that happened to her, she was happy being with her friends, and she didn't want to be away from them. Is this who she really is and who she really should become?

Soon the song ended and the scale of Stargazer shifted back to their original white and red coloration. He then looked at the small crowed infront of him, and then noticing a rather growing crowd behind them. He noticed that a lot of the ponies that gathered had tears in their eyes due to the rather sad story. He looked around and sighed.

"I can still do two stories if you want." As he said that, the crowed behind the group of foals clapped, and the colts and fillies cheered as they get to witness another great story. Stargazer smiled then shrugged as he prepared for another story.

Author's Note:

Part 1 of 2.
This story was long due, and I procrastinated the fuck out of all my stories. I'm very sorry for the delay of my stories. My reasoning, anime, manga, videogames, and Critical Role Binge Watching. I actually had to stop myself from playing to continue my stories, so that I could satisfy you guys, and for you guys not to give up hope on my stories. Although updates will still be erratic and unknown, I will try my best to produce satisfactory chapters to the rest of my stories.

I was planning on mass updating my stories, by publishing one chapter from my other stories, but I felt like I had to put this out first.

Again Sorry for the delay.

Anyways this is a new chapter fall all of you guys. Hope you enjoyed it.
Also keep in mid that the nest songs that would be played would have altered lyrics to fit the narration.

Here's list of colored emotions from the wiki for the RainWing colors

  • Red: Angry, Furious
  • Orange: Irritated, Frustrated
  • Gold: Happy, Excited, Jubilant
  • Yellow: Amused, Surprised, Pleased
  • Green: Worried, Displeased, Annoyed
  • Dark Green: Aloof
  • Pale Green: Fearful, Terrified
  • Acid Green: Shock, Disbelief
  • Blue: Calm, Curious
  • Dark Blue: Thoughtful
  • Light Blue: Sad
  • Indigo: Proud, Determined
  • Orangey Purple: Confused
  • Dark purple: Shameful, Guilty
  • Violet: Awed, Prideful, Moody
  • Lavender: Delighted
  • Pink-Rose: Joyful, Happy, In Love
  • Light Pink-Rose: Embarrassed
  • Hot Pink: Happy
  • White: In Pain, Sick
  • Dark Gray: Sorrowful
  • Blue-Gray: Depressed, Despairing
  • Brown: Stressed
  • Black: Upset, Hatred
  • Purple: Guilty

As always, suggestions and feedback is always appreciated.
Leave a Like if you enjoyed the story.
And see you in the next chapter.