• Published 20th Jun 2019
  • 14,579 Views, 465 Comments

Lunar Soul - ShadowedKnight68



Being the bringer of darkness and forever night isn't easy.

  • ...
42
 465
 14,579

Sleepless in Ponyvill

Slowly my tired eyes blinked open, and with them a heavy sigh. Waking up was always cruddy, but it had become worse when I arrived in ponyville. Going from nights of nightmares to the nightmare of life in a foreign body just made existing all the worse..

Reaching up, I rubbed the tiredness from my eyes but paused, in the darkness from my covered eyes, I felt around my face with my hooves...only they weren't hooves...they were hands!

Jumping up in bed, I uncover my eyes and look at my hands, gasping as I look in shock to find...I have hands.. my hands! Looking over myself, it's not just my hands but all of me! I'm me again!! No more nightmare pony!!

Wait...slowly I feel under my blanket in a private area finding another once lost familiarity returned, making me almost cry tears of joy. Everything was back! I needed to tell the girls! Life in Equestria could finally be looking up!

Jumping from bed, I hurried out of the room, crashing to the floor as I tried to walk on all fours, but my arms being shorter than my legs made it a hard landing, forgetting I could finally return to walking upright. I pushed myself up and headed out and down the stairs.

First Twilight, get the nerding out out of the way, then mayb-

"Morning Blake."

"Morning mom", then maybe Fluttershy?-....I froze in place at the door and slowly turned to the source of the greeting, seeing my mother on the couch looking at me curiously, I felt myself almost pass out, my mom...Was here?? How the heck did she get here?!

Finally, taking in my surroundings, I realized this...Was not my pony vill home, no...this was my house...On earth! "What...What's going on?"

"What do you mean sweetie?" My mom asked, confused.

"I.. you... Did I get really sick a couple of days ago?" I asked.

"Sick? No unless you were hiding it.. are you feeling alright?" She asked, now worried.

" No no...I'm...fine... " I muttered, falling into deep thought. Last time I was here I was sick for a day...now though it's like...it never happened, it wasn't possible it was all a dream...right? Looking at my hands once more and then my mother, I walked over and hugged her tightly.

My mom blinked surprised but hugged me back nonetheless.

"I missed you so much... " I said, not breaking the hug.

"What do you mean? I didn't go anywhere? "

"I just... Had a bad dream.. "

"Well... I'm glad it's over then Blake, think some breakfast would help? " She asked and I nodded, breaking the hug before following her to the kitchen.

I was then treated to a breakfast I hadn't had in a long time, nothing spectacular but definitely incredible with the familiar taste of my mom's cooking. With a content sigh, I leaned back in my chair just enjoying everything familiar...

"If you're feeling better sweetie, think you could get ready for school? " My mother asked

I blinked, school? Oh my god! School!! I jumped up smiling, hurrying upstairs to get ready. Not once in my teen life had I been excited about school, but now? Now I can't wait! I couldn't wait to sit in a boring class surrounded by more annoying students!

Hurrying back down after a shower and a new pair of clothes, I hopped in my mom's car as she drove me there. That lack of a license now more apparent. Maybe I should try and get it, just do all the things I thought I'd lost when becoming a pony.

Soon enough, the drive ended with the school coming into sight. Giving my mom a kiss on the cheek and one more hug, I hurried off to my day of learning. Entering the school halls, I went to my locker and struggled to open it, the lock always stuck but nothing was gonna ruin my mood. Tossing my stuff into the locker, I headed for my first class.

Plopping down in my seat, I smiled and waited for the class to start. Other students filed in. I focus on a friend of mine, "Hey Dylan".

"Sup Blake", he sits in the seat by mine.

"Isn't it a great day?" I smiled.

He stared at me for a moment "What drugs did you do..? "

" What? No! I'm just happy is all" I shrugged.

"riiiight..."

Shaking my head, I smiled, looking forward only to raising a brow as I saw a girl I hadn't entered the class. Her hair was dyed a light blue color while she wore darker blue and black clothing, more goth-like in appearance, making her only stand out more as there wasn't a goth girl in this class, that's second period...

"Hey Dylan, who's she? " I gestured to her as she took a seat in the back of the class.

"Who?" Dylan asks.

I'm about to point her out when the teacher enters and I shut myself up. Even in a good mood, I know this teacher is a stickler for talking in class.

Class continues as I sit listening and taking notes, a lot more diligently than I would have in the past, yet...my mind could not stop thinking of the girl... something about her was just...strange...

Glancing back, I find her blocked by other sitting students. Looking to the front where the teacher was focused, I slowly began leaning back in my chair to see around the students. Suddenly, the blue-haired girl came into sight...glaring at me.

I jumped and my chair fell backwards with a loud clatter as I hit the floor, some students gasped, most laughed, I groaned and slowly picked myself back up.

"Blake, if your going to try and get attention, I'll suggest you do it in the principal's office" the teacher growled.

"Sorry sir...worn happen again" I huff and sir back down hanging my head.

"Nice one there" Dylan whispers with a smirk.

"Shut it…floors just slippery.." I made an excuse as I pouted.

Picking my pencil back up, I go back to taking notes, only for my pencil to lightly clatter to the desk. I blinked and looked at my hand flexing my fingers...that was...weird. Picking it up once more, I go to write only for it to slip out of my fingers once more and clatter. I grab it again, holding it tightly as I start writing, it's slipping in my hand, and it feels like my grip loosening before it slips free again.

"BLAKE! Do I need to repeat myself??" The teacher growled.

"N-no sir, my pencil is just slippery" I replied nervously.

"No excuses, I hear one more disruption of my class from you. I'll be sending you to the principal's office" the teacher threatened.

"Yes sir..." I focused back onto my pencil and go to grab it, only to freeze as the appendage which reaches to the pencil is not my hand, it's a hoof...a dark blue almost black furred hoof, one I recognize instantaneously 'no no no, not now come on' I grab the pencil with my other hand and wrap my pony wrist...ankle? Around it as I grab my changed arm to steady myself as I try to continue my test, the graphite making sharp shapes as I try to write in a way I never have.

The letters were different sizes and mostly over-sized as I tried to stay on the line, these questions were hard, I never was good at math...wait... wasn't this English? And I thought I was taking notes..?

No no can't get distracted, I needed to get this done. Just a few more questions to go...

17. 3ab + 4ac - 2ad = -(3ab - 4ac + 2ad)

True

False
18. Irene is N years old. If Tom is twice as old, which of the following algebraic statements shows his age now?

a. 2N

b. 2N + X

c. 2 - N

d. N - 2
19. Solve X where 5X = 20.

a. 4

b. 5

c. 10

d. 15
20. Solve X where X - 5 = 15.

a. 10

b. 15

c. 20

d. 25
21. A father gave 500 bits to his two sons. He gave X bits to one son. Which of the following expressions correctly shows the amount he gave to the other son.

a. $500 + X

b. $500 ÷ X

c. $500 x X

d. $500 - X
22. Which earth pony leader was important to the war of Coltinfield?

a. Rainstone

b. Cobaltlight

c. Cindermark

d. Flinthoof

I blinked at the test as my brain struggled to find an answer. First math, now history?? I glanced over to Dylan "do you know the answer to twenty-two??" I whispered.

"Shh man you're gonna get us in trouble" he whispered, trying to avoid the teachers' wrath.

I looked back at my test swallowing nervously, I then tensed as a tightness formed on my back, my shirt getting tighter and tighter as something pushed out from my back but was restrained by my shirt "" come in please", I pleaded in a whisper.

He huffed, glancing about before tearing a small slip of paper and scribbled on it before quickly tossing it over.

" Thank youu " I quickly unfolded it with one hand with a relieved smile...only for it to drop, on the paper was...well just gibberish, there were letters he recognized and letters he didn't sprawled out in what could be a word. But it was unreadable, I looked to Dylan confused as this was not the time to play a joke but I blinked in surprise as his own test had the same gibberish all over it, I looked around at other students tests and it was all the same, fearfully I looked down at my own and saw the very same.

Was I having a stroke?? What was going on?? I just needed to get this test done and get to the nurses' office. Maybe it was stress? I grabbed my pencil once more and began trying to answer the gibberish on my paper, some words going all the way to the edge of the page and stopping, some more even having what would be answers to choose from.

Trying to do the best I could, I suddenly felt my shoe slip off my foot and thud to the floor. Peeking under my desk, I found my socked foot now looking more like a large stump, slowly the leg shape bending to an inhuman shape.

Swallowing nervously again, I tried to return my focus ro my test, just gotta finish it, just gotta finish it...

Trying to write, I began to feel my pants tightening in the sides, tensing up I winced and squirmed. I felt my hips and thighs flaring out, god damn...fricking thick pony! I hunch over as the pants tighten to the point of digging into my hips before the button pops free, giving immediate relief.

A student ahead of him winding a button smacked him in the back of the head, gulping I focused on my test to elude suspicion. Returning to my attempt to answer the test, I heard a loud ripping noise from my back, as suddenly two large feathered wings erupted from my back, the right one smacking the wall and the left being narrowly avoided by Dylan.

"Blake! I've had enough of this! Go down to the principal's office this instant!!" The teacher roared in anger.

"No no please m-my test I-I need to-" my body stretched and pulled, shifting from my human self into the large equine one as my desk scraped across the floor loudly as my body pushed it away from the large form.

Students turn, looking not in shock or surprise but annoyance at their tests being interrupted, their gazes judging and angered.

I futilely paw at my pencil with my hoof only for it to roll off the desk and I follow it as I lose balance hitting the floor. I look around in panic and those around me stretch upwards like towers as their human guises melt away into dark shadowed shapes with bright white piercing eyes staring down, I shrink down into myself seeing them in fear, looking around for any familiar friendly faces, but not even Dylan here anymore, replaced by his own shadow demon. My head pounding in my skull as a headache rages within, fighting with everything to break free.

My panicked slitted eyes soon land on a stand out from the walls of judging shadows, the goth girl...she's still herself but looks with the same judging glare...

I stare pleadingly and fearfully at the same time before, suddenly the tiled floor beneath me falls and I am dragged with as I see the shadows rush forward and consume my sight.


I jumped awake gasping loudly as my heart races in my chest, a cold sweat soaking my fur as I panted...I quickly looked around the room, finding the familiar ponyville house I'd been given. Looking down, I pull away the tangled sheets, finding the female pony form of nightmare moon I've yet to get used to.

A tight knot, twisting in my gut upon seeing the form below me, feeling the sweat sticking to and dampening the fur that covered me, my nose's stronger sense of smell taking in the scent of this body's wet fur mixed with sweat, that knot in my stomach twisting tighter and tighter till it finally snapped sending me leaping from the bed, bursting into the bathroom and scrambling to the toilet where I empty my stomach's contents into the ivory bowl.

I have as my stomach tightens to push everything out, the water of the bowl splashing across my muzzle as my lower half is sprawled out across the floor, wings lying limply beside me and hair getting wet from the toilet water.

Panting and choking back air I wince as my stomach tenses to empty more than it has but couldn't as it was already empty. Clenching my eyes shut, I slowly slid down to the floor below the toilet...

Lying there even unable to see myself, I could feel everything alien to me. The larger form, the heavier feet and hands, longer limbs, wings on my back, tail trying to worm it's way between my legs in subconscious fear, reminding me of another alien feature of this body...Its gender...disgust filling mixing with rage and contempt...

I hated this body... everything about it reminded me of what wasn't mine and that I was a prisoner in it, forced to deal with its issues.

Shakily standing, I flushed the toilet and dragged my hooves over to the mirror as I stared into it. The eyes that stared back weren't mine...but they held how I felt, tired, sad, angry...disgusted, the eyes scanned the face of a female pony, fur damp and clinging together, my nose twitching as I smelt the smell which revolted me... I smelt like a wet horse....an animal…

My teeth gritted as I stared at the female animal...before I suddenly threw one of my hooves up and slammed into the glass, shattering it into a spiderweb of cracks, small pieces falling into the sink as now looking into it I saw a mess of reflections, a face practically indiscernible in the shattered mirror.

Looking at the hoof, I saw it wasn't even damaged, didn't even hurt...could anything even hurt me? I could drown...but physically, nothing actually made me bleed...my eyes glanced at one of the shards of glass in the sink before quickly looking away...

'no... I wasn't going to do that...' my mind was exhausted, sleep hadn't given me any rest, my head was full of a mess of emotions. Turning, I left the bathroom and crawled back onto the bed, plopping my heavy body down onto the blankets, cringing as my wet fur met the wet bed 'God I hate this body...'

Lying there, I didn't plan to sleep, but my body was tired and a bed, even if wet from nightmare cold sweat, meant relief from the ache of my muscles, my free ear not trapped beneath my head swiveled to listen to the sound of the night and the house, quiet...

At least in the dark I couldn't see myself...And as long as I didn't move much I wouldn't feel the difference of my body...would this feeling ever go away? Was I always going to feel this contempt for myself...this body? How would I live like this? Being this wrong broken thing...?

I curled close to myself, limbs hugging tightly to my body as I moved into a fetal position, I just wanted to feel normal...Happy…

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long long absence, I really fell into a rut in writing, just zero inspiration and energy to write.

Hopefully this changes as I try to keep this story going and get all the ideas I had previously onto page.