• Published 20th Jun 2019
  • 14,576 Views, 465 Comments

Lunar Soul - ShadowedKnight68



Being the bringer of darkness and forever night isn't easy.

  • ...
42
 465
 14,576

To Dream or Not To Dream

I yawned wide before smacking my lips together as I glanced out the train window tiredly, the scenery familiar from days ago now passing in reverse, finally going back to Ponyville after this adventure sounded so nice, even if sleeping was out of the question a nice rest in my bed would be nice.

"Darling, why don't you lie down to get some sleep? We've all gotten some sleep since leaving except you" Rarity said, looking at me from her seat across from mine.

"Oh no I'm fine, no sleep needed here" I smiled before yawning again and grumbled.

"Alright..." The unicorn mare replied not wishing to push further.

"Yup, I'm goo-oof!" I exclaimed as the train suddenly rocked to a stop sending me off my seat and fell head over hooves, grumbling I pushed myself back up "the heck was that?" Looking out the window I found the train completely stopped, we were sitting in the middle of a forest at night...wait night? It was just the middle of the day last time I looked out the window...

"Hey girls, you seeing this? It was day like a second ago ri-" Looking over to the mares in question my eyes went wide, the cabin was empty save for me, looking around and even under the seats there was no one, standing up I walked to the door opening it and looking out, the hall was empty and the car was silent... slowly walking out I peaked through each window seeing empty cabin after empty cabin.

"Hello?? Any...uh pony?" I called out but got no response, huffing I kept walking through the car till I got to one of the doors leaning out and opened it stepping out onto the dirt ground, glancing left I saw the train ready out for seemingly miles "okay..." Looking right I saw...the same... "Hm hm...hmmm...so recap, everyone in the rain including the heroes of Equestria have vanished...And the trains gotten longer, oh and also it's now the middle of the night in a forest I do not recognize seeing on the way to that town."

" And I'm talking out loud to myself, jeez okay let's try and figure this crud out..." Since the engine was on the left end I should head that way, maybe get it running to keep the train going and once I'm out of this obviously magic forest.

Beginning my trek, my hooves clopped in the forest night air, I definitely noticed the forest was as dead-uhh stone cold quiet like the train, no dead heh heh just uhh weird magic that took everyone and left me in a weird forest...

Glancing around to keep my mind off the possibility Starlight killed me and I'm in limbo, hopefully it's just magic weirdness, the forest in question just looked like any ordinary forest in Equestria, well actually it did look a bit like the everfree, almost completely tree covered canopy...

"Huh you know more I look at it it really does look like the everfree, but I don't remember train tracks being in the forest, plus the place is super cursed so a train through there would just be asking for trouble...so then it's gotta be a different forest, plus we were nowhere near as close to Ponyville to get there, heh whew close one, nearly thought this world was actually out to get me" I wiped my forehead relieved.

Suddenly my hoof clopped extra loudly as I felt stone beneath it. blinking, I looked down and found a...rock? No wait, it's too square...

Slowly looking around I spotted more random rocks similar to the one beneath, it was like a old stone walkway..."This...felt familiar, why though? I... can't remember, ugh im really starting to hate this forest, hwy wait... Where's the train go?!" Looking to my side I found the train was now gone, and ahead of me instead of the long train I saw...

"no..." I shook my head backing up, it was impossible, there was no way I was here or all places " wait...the train, the sudden night...oh no...I...I fell asleep..."

Lightning flashed across the ruins of a old castle, reclaimed by the forest. Thunder rumbling as a roar of the lightning my body flinching from the sound as I felt it go through my bones.

I was standing in front of the castle of the two sisters, a place I've dreaded since I first slept, a place of my nightly torment...but not this night!

Turning I booked it the opposite direction down the path I had walked before just lakcinf the train now. There had to be a way outta this dream, I just have to run and get away from the castle then I'll wake up!

The rapid clopping of my hooves filled my ears as I rushed down the path, looking back I saw the ruined caslt reading in the distance, smiling I looked back forward and skidded to a halt as my hooves met stone and the castle sat before me once more.

"No no...I refuse!!" I turned around and ran into the forest this time "okay paths a no go, maybe forest now? Yeah! Forest works!" Branches scratched and leaves whipped as I rushed through the untamed wild forest. My hooves running as fast as they could carrying me through deeper and deeper before one connected with a large root sticking out from the dirt, my head flying downwards as I crashed to the ground skidding across it before flinging off a edge and through the air before slamming into the hard ground oncoming the wind out of my lungs

Wincing and gasping I soon coughed, getting air back in my lungs, groaning. I winced from the scraping my body just did across the forest floor and landed unceremoniously on...a stone floor...oh no...

Looking around quickly I found crumbling walls and pillars surrounding me, vines hanging from a shattered ceiling above where a star filled sky lay like a blanket, and a white flowring moon floated. My eyes then landed to the floor before me, lower than the one I currently was laying on, and the stage for six mares all glaring in my direction with glowing necklaces and crown facing towards me.

"N-no no wait please" I scrambled backwards to escape the fate I knew too well was coming for me.

"You see, Nightmare Moon, when those elements are ignited by the uh...the spark that resides in us all, it creates the sixth element...the Element of Magic!" Twilight smiled as she closed her eyes when the sixth element turned into a blinding white ball of light above her.

With each of the elements glowing, they began engulfing each of the ponies with pure magical energy lifting them up into the air as a spectrum of light shoots out of each element combining into a radiant rainbow above them that shoots off towards the ceiling, as the rainbow magic is about to collide with the ceiling it suddenly stops and begins traveling towards me.

I shook my head back as far as I could as the events played out like they had before, however a memory came to me, my eyes scanning the room falling to a figure I'd seen before...Nightmare Moon...It was her, standing in the shadowed far corner, this was her doing!! The rall dark mare whose mane flowed in no wind, her horn sticking out from her head like a spear, I'd recognize that mare from anywhere because I've been forced to look like her.

Before I could do anything to attack her the rainbow beam struck me and I screamed our in pain as my form was torn away from the pony body beneath. I jolted awake in bed and looked around panting before memories of the previous days came back to me, we'd rode back to Ponyville without issue after freeing the town from Starlight Glimmer, and I was able to keep awake for another couple days but exhaustion took me finally and now here I was...

Flopping back down on the bed I rested my arm over my sweat covered forehead "so...I have Nightmare Moon in my dreams and she's making me dream the same dream over and over again...how do I stop her? Maybe Twilight? No...she was busy with figuring out the map table.. " I muttered to myself.

"if she's in my dream and I can feel the rainbow harmony blast...then maybe I can push her in the way? If she's hit she'll be harmonized and out of my dreams!...but that means dying...a lot in my dreams..." I grumbled.

"But what if it also sends me back home?? Maybe that's the key to home?" New hope and confidence filled me as I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Not sleeping for a good couple days made falling asleep easy, one moment I closed my eyes.

The next I was looking at the castle of the two sisters, taking another rfew deep breaths to keep my confidence I smirked and booked it inside, the clopping of my hooves echoing in the hall, moving up the spiral staircase double doors lay before me closed as I picked up speed and burst into the room I despaired.

Looking around quickly my eyes scanned the old stone room looking to the corner I'd seen her before and I spotted the mare "ah ha!! Prepare nightmare!" I paused at what I said, god that was cring-

A rainbow blast hit me from the side as my vision melted away.

Jumping awake again I growled hitting my hoof on the bed "okay! No more one liners!" Grumbling at I'm idiocy for getting too confident, I closed my eyes and opened them to the dream, huffing I looked the castle over before remembering something about the room, spreading my wings and flying up, I flew towards the tower hovering over head as I found the hole still in the roof as I remembered,unfortunately I couldn't see Nightmare from this vantage point.

Since rime was limited with the six mares ready to purify me, I swoopee down rushimg for the corner I'd seen Nightmare last dream and rushed through the air hooves extended only to find it empty causing me to skid to a halt freezing in the air "what? Where did..?"

"You see, Nightmare Moon, when those elements are ignited by the uh...the spark that resides in us all, it creates the sixth element...the Element of Magic!" Twilight smiled as she closed her eyes when the sixth element turned into a blinding white ball of light above her.

Jumping I looked towards the sudden appearance of the six mares "Twilight wait I'm try-" a blast of rainbow cut me off.

Groaning my body ached from the memory of the purity ray, I didn't even open my eyes this time and forced myself back to sleep to both get this over with and get away from the phantom pain. Running inside the castle again and up the stairs I burst into the room and looked at each corner before spotting the mare.

I then rushed towards pushing myself as fast as I could ro get her quickly before the girls spawned, but before I could reach the shadowed undercropping of the roof, two cyan hooves impacted my face sending me tumbling to the thrones platform.

Finishing rolling across the floor now lying on my stomach I winced and moved my mount around feeling something loose floating around my tonfue, I pushed it to the front of my lips and spitting it out to the floor below, a fanged tooth clattering to the ground with some blood, disgust turned to anger as I flared towards the cyan mare in question "daaaaash!!!"

Rainbow death beam soon took me moments after. Eyes snapping open my slitted pupils thinned even more from rage "RAINBOWDASH!!!!!" I roared in my royal canterlot voice shaking my house and nearby ones.


cross town a cyan mare jolted awake in her cloud bed pulling her eye mask off looking around confused and startled awake "wha? Huh??"


Huffing I rubbed my eyes with both hooves while I remaining laying down, inhaling I dropped my hooves to my sides and tried once more. Runimg inside I booked it to the stairs and pushed through the door "Nightmare!!" I took a wild guess she'd be in the same corner and leapt at the mare. Flying thriughnt the air I found my guess was on the money as I saw the shadow mare look momentarily surprised as I neared reachinf her. Only for a rope to wrap around my legs and yank me back to the ground jaw slamming to the floor first with a loud crack as I felt one of my teeth crack in half.

Rainbow death was quick to follow.

Wake up to back to sleep, spread wings, fly to tower "Surprise motherfucker!!" I burst through a window and landed on the ground, my eyes going wide as an orange and cyan hoof rushed towards me before I saw stars and then rainbows, taking notes of two more teeth flying from my muzzle.

Run into castle, go up stairs, through door. I pushed through the doors "Nightmare...I've come to bargain" a rainbow blast shot me back through the doors, the two swinging open and closed from the force much like a western bar door.

Groaning assking in more annoyance at the failed attempts st bargaining and also the increasingly aching of my body as I had to stretch and move my limbs just to get a different feeling to flow through me, huffing I flopped over onto my stomach head on pillow as I closed my eyes.

Rushing into the caslt ei hurried through the halls and up the stairs before skidding to a halt at the door, I needed a plan...as I rubbed my chin with my hoof I noticed it was dusty white, rising s brow I looked down at the floor caked in dust, reaching down I scooped some up and smiled it across my leg watching the Blake fur turn to white, a smile spreading across my muzzle.

"oh nightmare I've missed you so, it is I Celestia" I strutted in wearing a fine cost of duty white fur, couldn't find any randow dust for my mane so hopefully the fur could distract long enough.

"You see, Night- Celestia?" Twilight asked confused as the elements stopped glowing.

"Indeed my faithful- Wait Twilight you can hear me? " I asked dropping my act in bafflement.

" Twi, it's a trick! She's nightmare!! " Applejack shouted, the girls gasping in realization as their elements lit up.

"Applejack you snitch bitch!" I growled at the orange mare before a rainbow blast struck me leaving a white smoke ring from my failed disguise.

Fly to tower this time! I crept through a broke window crouched low as I hummed the mission impossible theme before rolling into the center of the room "dunanaaaa...wait why the hell did I roll here?"

A rainbow blast was the response I got.

I screamed into my pillow as I put it over my face when I woke up before rapidly slamming it on my head till I slept.

Fly, tower, I leapt into the room from over the wall and looked for the mare.

"You see, Nightmare Moon, when those elements are ignited by-" Twilight began before I cut her off walking off the throne stage.

"Yeah yeah friendship blah blah I'm a loser for it the sixth millionth time" I growled looking for the mare before dodging a cyan hoof when Rainbowdash flew by "ha! Knew you'd do that dashy!!" I quickly flew up as Applejack's lasso missed me and went around Rainbowdash tying her up instead, I flew down and then spun her like a rop dragging Applejack over and tying the two together.

"Okay now where was- oh hello Fluttershy, why do you have bird seed-" birds flew in from all around and began attacking me, I screamed higher than I expected as I scrambled around in panic, when they left I looked around feathers sticking to my fur before I saw the girls recovered "ah phooey" a rainbow blast hit me.

I rolled off the bed and hit the floor.

I flew down to the stage and roared my wings out "you little foals!! Even with the elements you think you are enough to defeat me?! I am the queen of the night! I defeated Celestia! A few measley little mares are morning to me!! And where is the sixth element?? You failed and eternal night will reign forever!!" I laughed manically.

"You see, Nightmare Moon, when those elements are ignited by the uh...the spark that resides in us all, it creates the sixth element...the Element of Magic!" Twilight smiled as she closed her eyes when the sixth element turned into a blinding white ball of light above her.

I saw nightmare take a step forward to see the full experience revealing the corner she hid in, a smirk spread across my face as I dropped my act "got you!!" I shouted and flew through the air slamming into her and busted through the wall behind leading into the empty dusty hall.

Coughing and hacking I waved the dust away getting back to my hooves "it's over Nightmare Moon, you won't torment my dreams any m-" my eyes went wide as I saw the mare before me recover from the hit and stand.

The mare shorter than me, with dark blue fur and flowing blue star mane and tail, black armor hanging from her body, a fierce glare of anger burning in her eyes, the mare standing before me was not Nightmare Moon it was..

"Princess Luna..?" I took a step back in shock.

"What? Surprised even your dreams can be entered Nightmare?" Princess Luna snarled, taking a step forward.

"Y-you? You're the one who's been... But why?" I asked in disbelief unable to form a proper response.

"Oh please! I do not need to explain myself to you!! Is it not you who torments the dreams of ponies all across Equestria?! This is payment for all those poor ponies who've suffered from nightmares made by the fear of you."

"Luna, that wasn't me!! I'm not Nightmare Moon! Please you have to understand I-I... I'm not her!" I was lost for words, all this time, all those nightmares...it was her...

"Even in your dreams you'd lie to me...your not escaping your punishment Nightmare!!" Luna's horn lit and suddenly I was back in the room once more, the girls were standing before me glowing as the elements began to charge the harmony blast.

Gasping I stumbled back in shock just being here abruptly, throwing my hooves up to protect myself "no stop!!" I shouted and flinched away bracing for the pain...but it didn't come...peaking past my hooves I saw the girls...frozen in place "what..?"

Slowly getting back down to all fours I walked towards them all, hesitating every few steps in case they suddenly attacked, but they didn't, they were frozen like statues...I waved my hoof in front of Twilight's determined face, her expression frozen, the others were all the same...they really were frozen...buuut just to be sure, I poked Twilight's muzzle "booop!" I let myself giggle.

Poking her muzzle was actually a lot more fun than I expected, it was so squishy and soft and fuzzy, like a fuzzy marshmallow, so adorable. I won't lie this was a good distraction from tonight's events.

"What is this?!" Luna roared and suddenly the girls washed away in colorful dust, my eyes going wide as I scrambled back from the vaporized mares, horror on my face, good feelings gone!!

"I knew I feared you for a reason!! You've regained your powers...or perhaps now decided to reveal them, it does not matter, I sense you are weaker than before, and I intend to make sure you are punished accordingly...but seeing as you've gained control over this dreamscape...it seems it is time I step it up a notch..." Her words dripped with malicious intent as she lit her horn.

"No no wait Luna wait-" I reached my hoof out before suddenly darkness rushed out from around her and engulfed me.


Groaning I pushed myself to my hooves holding my head with one hoof, looking around I saw the same room, I was back in the raised floor, ugh she reset the dream, okay just gotta grab her again and explain to her I'm not Nightmare Moon.

Strangely however I noticed Twilight was still here and currently frozen like before... strange...Moving to get off my hooves suddenly stopped and moved back into place "what?" I looked down and tried to move my legs but they wouldn't budge, squirming and straining. I felt my body slowly freezing up "wh-what's going on?? Luna!! Luna hel-" my jaws snapped shut and I felt my brow furrow into a glare

I laughed evilly before rearing up on my hind legs and slamming my fore hooves down onto the elements which lay at my hooves, their shattered fragments scatterijg around me 'wh-what?? I didn't do that! I can't control my body!' I thought as my muzzle betrayed me.

The little lavender unicorn in front of me looking distraught "you little fool! Thinking you could defeat me! Now you will never see your princess or your sun, the night will last forever!!" I laugh maliciously as my mane and tail swirl above me against my will, I was acting out the episode against my will.

My laughter is cut short when I heard indistinct shouting coming from down the hall 'no no no'

Twilight gasped before smiling "you think you can destroy the Elements of Harmony just like that?" She turns to me looking far braver than before.

I felt my lips frown as I internally tried to move away, my body refusing however.

"Well you're wrong! Because the spirits of the Elements of Harmony are right here!" She yelled as the girls rushed in and stood by her.

'Please Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbowdash, anyone help me!!' I cry internally.

The elements shards begin glowing and shaking before floating up around me "what?" I was forced to exclaim as I wanted nothing more than to cry as I was getting closer to what I dreaded.

"Applejack, who reassured me when I was in doubt, represents the spirit of honesty" Twilight calls as some shards float to Applejack

'Applejack I'm sorry I called you a bitch!!'

Twilight looks to Fluttershy "Fluttershy, who tamed the manticore with her compassion, represents the spirit of kindness" more shards flew to Fluttershy who looked confused and scared at first.

'please Fluttershy d-don't'

"Pinkie Pie, who banished fear by giggling in the face of danger, represents the spirit of laughter" she looked to Pinkie who excitedly watched shards fly to her.

'I wanna bake another cake, Pinkie...'

"Rarity, who calmed a sorrowful serpent with a meaningful gift, represents the spirit of generosity" more shards flew through the air and surrounded Rarity.

'i didn't mean to ruin your dresses... '

"And Rainbow Dash, who could not abandon her friends for her own heart's desire, represents the spirit of loyalty" she looked to Rainbow Dash as shards surrounded her "the spirits of these five ponies got us through every challenge you threw at us."

'dash please!! I'm sorry I yelled at you!'

The five mares were circled by the shards floating around them "you still don't have the sixth element, the spark didn't work!" My mouth spoke as I wanted nothing more than to punch myself in the face.

"But it did, a different kind of spark" Twilight turned to the girls "I felt it the very moment I realized how happy I was to hear you, to see you, how much I cared about you, the spark ignited inside me when I realized you all…" she had tears of happiness in her eyes as she turned back to face me "are my friends!"

Light erupted from above the six ponies as the sixth and final element descended down, my foreleg was held up to shield myself from the light the element cast but to be fair I would have done the same, the light was bright...

"You see, Nightmare Moon, when those elements are ignited by the uh...the spark that resides in us all, it creates the sixth element...the Element of Magic!" Twilight smiled and closed her eyes as the sixth element turned into a white ball of light above her before exploding outward in light, each shard came together forming a necklace on each of the girls necks except for Twilight's which formed a crown on her head, each of the six floated in the air engulfed in the magical energy before a rainbow energy formed above them heading for the ceiling when it abruptly bent down towards me.

My eyes widened as I watched the display, the rainbow energy flew towards me "Noooo!! Nooooooooo!!!!" I was forced to yell as internally I screamed in rage and sorrow from my prison, the rainbow energy circled me, I wanted to thrash and squirm as the energy ripped into my body, my eyes moving against the will looked to spots opposite of what I wanted, the dark coat I've come to know ripping off and burning away revealing a blue coat.

Everything burned as I wanted just to scream out before suddenly it was gone, I felt weight return to me as I hit the floor, while the intense pain was gone, the lingering stinging like a sunburn remained across my whole body, somehow this dream felt like it did the first time I had it...I forgot how used to the pain I'd gotten...

Groaning I slowly wobbled to my hooves nearly falling over but I was able to keep upright, slowly I looked forward...and felt my heart sink, Twilight was standing before me alone, my eyes shot down to my hooves I saw shattered gems lying across the stone "no... No no no..."

My right hoof slowly slid into place before my left followed and I felt my whole body stiffening as muscles tensed and forced me into a pose, I shook my head violently trying to deny what was happened as tears welled up in my eyes, eyes which were forced out of a blink as I forcefully looked to Twilight and began to laugh maniacally, my tears running down my cheeks as everything played out again, my mind across sming within its prison.


Luna smiled softly looking to the orb displaying the dream Nightmare Moon was currently trapped within, the celestial space surrounding her held gently floating orbs of dreams belonging to separate ponies across Equestria.

Suddenly knocking brought Luna out of her dreamscape as it all pulled away to black whisps before she blinked open her eyes from the balcony

"Luna? Might we speak a moment?" Her sister's voice greeted beyond the door

Looking back to her door she couldn't help but raise a brow, her sister bothering her at this time? Walking over Luna opened the door with her magic looking to her confused "sister...What are you doing awake at this time?"

"Yes it is a bit late for me isn't it?" She smiled softly looking around at the dimly lit hall, before her smile fell and she looked to her sister with a gentle expression, one Luna recognized as when Celestia had something serious to talk about "might I come in?"

Luna made no reply and simply stepped aside allowing her taller sister in, she stared at the white mare confused "what is this about Tia?"

"...I wish to talk about Blake..." Celestia turned to her sister.

"You mean Nightmare Moon" Luna replied sternly.

Celestia sighed "we have not discerned that..."

"There is nothing to discern!!" Luna shouted "I know with all my being she is Nightmare Moon, I sense it, that same vile feeling I felt when trapped with her springs forth whenever I am near her.."

Celestia raised a brow "near her?...sister you have not left canterlot since we went to see her that first day Twilight wrote to us..." She squinted at her sister before fear filled her "Luna...what were you doing before I entered..?"

Luna looked away furrowed brow "I was in my dreamscape, dealing with a ponies dream as I do every night."

"Who's dream?" Celestia stressed.

"...a canterlot-" Luna began before a heavy stomp of her sister's hoof quieted her.

"Do not...even attempt to lie to me Luna...I have reviewed every conversation we ever had before I lost you, do not think I have not learned how to tell when you lie..." Celestia said with authority in her voice as she looked down upon who she thought was her adult sister, bur now saw a filly who looked like she was caught with her hoof in the cookie jar.

"I..." Luna took a glance towards Celestia and regretted it immediately, those eyes, fierce, yet caring and maternal, gritting her teeth she closed her eyes inhaling before exhaling "it was Nightmare Moon's...hers was the dream I was in.."

"For how long?" Celestia asked.

"An hour or so" Luna replied, still not meeting her eyes.

"No, for how long have you done this? Beyond this day" Celestia reiterated.

"...since she arrived..." Luna admitted.

"and what dear sister have you done in these dreams, forgive me but your demeanor suggests you've done something we will need to take care of" Celestia said tensely.

"..." Luna remained quiet, damning herself to Celestia's fears.

" We are going to see her, now" Celestia ordered and lit her horn, and before Luna could argue they were fine from the night princess room appearing within the household of the ebony mare, Twilight had painted it far better than it truly was, the room was practically empty, just a bed and dressers...

However her attention was drawn to the mare in question who currently squirmed in her bed making soft whines and groans, she looked to be having a nightmare, a very intense one at that, rage flared in Celestia as she glared towards her sister "make it stop, now."

Luna lit her horn and with a quick motion dismissed the nightmare.

Blake's form suddenly gasped awake with bloodshot eyes, she looked around quickly before chocking in air as her eyes landed on the two mares and she scrambled backwards her back hurting the walk behind her bed as she shook "C-Celestia? L-Luna? Is...Why are you here?"

"Blake calm yourself, we are here to-" Celestia began before the mare suddenly shook her head violently.

"No no no! This isn't real! This is the dream I'm still dream" she breathed heavily looking around in panic before looking at her hooves "I need to wake up" she chomped down onto her ferpock and tore fur away tears rushing down her cheeks before she then began biting into her feathers.

"Blake!!" Celestia rushed over and pulled the mare's muzzle away from herself.

"No!!" Blake screamed and thrashed "let me go!!! Let me out!! Luna?! Please!! Make it stop!! I'm sorry" she screamed in fear as Celestia began to restrain her with her hooves and pull her into a tight hug as she cradled her in the bed, Blake kicking her hind legs tangling the blankets up as she thrashed but her upper body was restrained.

"Shh shh" Celestia let her mane soothingly as she gently rocked the frightened mare.

"I-I'm sorry...I'm sorry" Blake shook as she muttered her words repearirrhem over and over again as her struggling weakened until she lay still in Celestia arms unable to speak any longer and just whimpered.

Celestia nuzzled her head from behind "shh shhh, it is okay...Do not apologize...It is over now...you are going to sleep now-" she tensed as Blake began to struggle again.

"No no no please" she whimpered and tried to get free.

"Shh shh Blake no nightmares, just sleep, I promise you, you will not be harmed, you need to sleep my pony..." Celestia urged gently.

Blake's struggling weakened again as she whimper glancing at Luna before crying softly and pushing her muzzle into Celestia's neck "please don't let her h-hurt me.."

" She won't.. " Celestia promised and looked to her sister "put her to sleep...no nightmares. "

"Tia-" Luna began.

"Now Luna..." Celestia ordered.

Luna held her mouth closed and lit her horn, in a second Blake's form limped as her whimpers became silent.

Celestia slowly moved away using her magic to lay the mare down as she stood beside the bed tucking her in, she stared down at the now sleeping pony silently, watching each gentle twitch her body made in its sleep tensing each time preparing to hold her if she panicked, but when she did not she relaxed.

"...Tia-"

"Why did you do this? Did it make you feel like a powerful pony to reduce somepony to this?" Celestia looked to her sister bitterly.

Luna saw rage she has not in her sisters eyes in years, as well as disappointment, while she felt sad at the look rage filled her as well "I feel nothing but contempt for Nightm-"

Celestia suddenly pounced at her sister slamming her to the walk with her hooves "You will call her by her name! Or so help me I will send you to the moon for another thousand years" she snarled, teeth bared.

Luna's anger was washed away by shock, she threatened her with...banishment "Tia...how could you-?"

Celestia slammed her hoof beside Luna's head "you will call me Celestia, and don't you dare ask how I could after what you did, I did not want you to simply give up your anger with her, but I did not expect you to do this...your actions make me wonder if my sister was ever freed from Nightmare Moon, because tonight...I've seen a side of you I had not since that day..."

Tears welled up in Luna's eyes " n-no ti-Celestia, I am me...I am not that monster"

"And neither is she!!" She dropped down from the wall and walked over to the sleeping Blake "did you forget Twilight Sparkle's letter?? How she told of Blake's aid in freeing that town from Starlight Glimmer's control? You tell me right now if you see this mare as Nightmare Moon, and I want you to think back to seconds before you let her enter a dreamless sleep, I want you to remember her tears, and you tell me that she is Nightmare Moon."

Luna looked from her sister to the mare in the bed, she slowly hesitantly took a step forward, she saw the black coat covering the mare, messy and covered in sweat, her mane the same, her eyes landed on the bleeding hoof with fur torn away revealing bare raw skin, and her wing missing primary feathers, each left on the bed.

Her eyes went to the mares face, she had bags under her eyes, stains from tears on her cheeks...what in Equestria has she done to this mare? "Celestia...what...what have I done..?" Luna looked to her sister, tears running down her muzzle.

"Harmed a pony as you have been harmed, we and Equestria should be thankful your actions have not created a new...worse Nightmare Moon, perhaps we thank her, for bearing it all for so long..." Celestia gently brushed Blake's mane out of her face, she then used a spell to heal her hoof and wing.

"What should I do?" Luna asked desperately.

"you will enter her dream once more, and you will apologize, if she forgives you or not is up to her, and you will live with whatever the decision, after that, you are to relinquish your night duties for a month after tonight, perhaps then you will be capable of treating ponies well again" Celestia ordered looking down at her sister.

Luna nodded silently and lit her horn "I shall try..."


Luna opened her eyes looking around at the void which surrounded her, a space she was nor unused to due to entering many dreamless sleeps in times past.

Looking around, her eyes finally landed upon the owner of the void, Nightmare moons form floated in a fetal position in the air, taking in a deep breath Luna strutted towards her walking across the empty space with nothing beneath her.

As she reached the mare Luna felt that sickly feeling in her gut, that pure hatred for this mare...or rather who this mare reminded her of, she did not know if this was truly Nightmare Moon or not, but she knew what she had done was wrong.

Lighting her horn she casted a spell and within moments the dark mares eyes opened to the teal reptilian eyes, she slowly floated down as awareness returned to her.

Nightmare Moon looked around disoriented rbefore her eyes went wide seeing Luna and she scrambled back "no no get away from Me!!!"

Luna suddenly was blasted backwards as a psychic force struck her, spreading her wings to stop her movement she looked towards the mare shed harmed, in her attempts to punish nightmare she unknowingly returned her power over the dreamscape, her rime entering others dreams taught her once a pony has control over their dream they rivaled even an alicorn in this realm...

Nightmare began to run off into the abyss trying to get as far away as possible.

Luna lit her horn teleporting ahead of her "Night-Blake stop I wish to speak!" She held her hoof out to her.

She flinched away from the hoof "please stop this...I didn't do anything to you..." She shook as she backed away.

"I-I know...What I did to you was wrong...I let my anger control my actions but it is no excuse..." Luna replied, hanging her head "I am sorry for what I've done...I know my actions will forever scar you...and I am sorry for this, you do not need to forgive me, nor do I request it..."

Nightmare was quiet as she shook, back turned to Luna, she looked like she was trying to squeeze herself as close to herself as she could.

Luna lifted a hoof and Nightmare immediately flinched hearing the movement, she sighed heavily "...your dreams will not be tampered with, unless you ask it of me...good night" she closed her eyes lighting her horn as she closed the dream.


Opening her eyes she did not take them off of the sleeping mare "it is done..."

" We shall return to canterlot where you will finish your night under my watch" Celestia ordered sternly.

Luna nodded without argument, she knew she was in the wrong.

Lighting her horn Celestia teleported them both back to the castle in Luna's room, Luna proceeding to the balcony where she sat and went into the dreamscape. Celestia standing behind her watching for any unwanted tampering.

Luna looked around the many dreams which belonged to ponies all over the land, instinctually her eyes landed upon the black one floating a distance away, shaking her head to forget her foolishness she looked for any dreaming pony needing aid, her attention soon landing upon a small yellow earth filly, a Nightmare made from her fears as she ran from the shadow of her fear.

Nearby a orange pegasus and a white unicorn fillies suffered similar dreams, perhaps there was some good she could do for the night…