• Published 20th Jun 2019
  • 14,518 Views, 465 Comments

Lunar Soul - ShadowedKnight68



Being the bringer of darkness and forever night isn't easy.

  • ...
42
 465
 14,518

Laughter

I gasped awake my breathing heavy as I fully woke up, those dreams….why do they keep happening?...they didn't make sense...I never experienced any of those events so why did I keep dreaming of them??

My frustration found nothing to focus on so I just laid there in the comfy bed grumbling, I both wanted to sleep and also didn't, sleep allowed escape from reality while at the same time the fantasy was torture, what a way to start a Monday...

Huffing I sat up and immediately winced, my wings hurt like hell! Gritting my teeth I looked at them and saw the strap still holding them tightly, right forgot...tied them up so they wouldn't touch the ground, not the best idea they were sore now.

Reaching my head back I gripped the knot with my teeth and pulled it loose allowing the sleeve from my hoodie I used as a strap to fall to the bed freeing my large wings, I really wish I could stretch them out to get rid of the ache but untying them will have to do for now.

I so badly just want to stretch them though, they hurt so bad and...they were moving! I watch as my right wing was stretched out relieving the ache, it felt like I was stretching my arm...that also made it feel incredibly weird, stretching and folding it I tested it out till I was used to it, I then rolled on my other side to start stretching the left wing.

Once I finished I put my front hooves on the floor to get off the bed...only they started sliding forward while my back half was still on the bed "woah woah wait!!" A heavy thud echoed through the hall outside my room as I hit the floor.

"Damn these crystal floors!!!" Growling while laying on the floor I put my hooves under me and tried to stand up, they shook and slipped slightly, it was like I was on ice...a memory of slipping on ice as a child played through my mind I was atleast seven or eight, my family had taken me to have some winter fun, snow ball fights, sledding, all the usual stuff...always loved winter, watching the snow fall looked so beautiful.

As I was walking around though I seemed to have not noticed a frozen puddle and walked right on top of it...next thing I knew I slipped and slammed right on my poor innocent little face...yup...lost a tooth then, that made me snap out of my reminiscing and think of what just happened, moving my tongue around my mouth I felt I still had all my sharp teeth hm...don't know if that was a good thing or not.

I made little movements to get across the floor making sure to freeze once I started to feel like I was slipping, basically I shimmied across the floor and to the door...the door...crap it was closed of course it was, gripping the doorknob in my mouth I carefully turned my head opening it before returning to my shimmie to get out of the room.

So far so good, making progress...just gotta do this till I find someone, then they can help...somehow, I suddenly heard a giggle surprising me and making me slip and hit the floor.

Pinkie winced slightly and held in her giggling as she hopped over "you ok?"

"Honestly?...not really…" I wheezed and looked up at her "so how are you?"

"Hm pretty good, I got a twitchy tail but otherwise I'm fine" she smiled brightly.

Does..does that mean something?...Am I missing some kind of pony lingo or...just Pinkie lingo?

"So wanna bake a cake??" She jumped close to Nightmares face.

I jumped at her sudden closer proximity, after my nightmare...I couldn't help but be scared of Pinkie, that whole thing put a new perspective on the girls...I then blinked processing what she said "...wait? A cake..?"

"Yup!" Pinkie smiled excitedly.

"Why?" I looked at her in pure confusion.

"Cause."

"Okay…"

"Yay!" She hopped away, then returned a few seconds later "you coming or….?"

"I have trouble walking on this floor…" I huffed envying her ability to hop on this floor with ease.

"Oohhhh" she rubbed her chin before wrapping the tip of her tail around Nightmares and hopping down the hall dragging her.

I shrugged and allowed myself to be dragged, better than falling on the ground over and over, plus it didn't hurt cause of the fur so it was sorta like skating on socks, I used to do that a lot, another smile came across my face as I reminisced though it slowly faded as I realized I wouldn't be able to do that now….gonna be hard with hooves…

We entered the kitchen area from the looks of it...unless this was a strange closet or living room, Pinkie released my tail and hopped over to the island in the kitchen and went behind it, she popped back up with a bunch of different supplies as well as a apron and chiefs hat, she smiled at me and I stood up shimmieing over much to Pinkies amusement, my mood souring further before fading as I realized I was with Pinkie Pie...nobody from earth gets to experience this!

Smiling I looked at the stuff, never baked and honestly don't think I had the ability to do it, but with Pinkies help I bet it'd be a breeze.


This was not a breeze!! Pinkie thought as she sprayed an intense fire in the oven with a fire extinguisher, she lowered it as the flame stopped...before it popped back up and she sprayed again till it finally extinguished, the counter was also smoking from the other fire she put out.

Sighing in relief Pinkie wiped her head of sweat and looked at the horribly burnt "cake" now covered in extinguisher foam, Nightmare wasn't talented at baking….Pinkie thought back to what lead up to this.

~{FLASH BACK}~

"Ok! First step!" She moved a bowl and pan between her and Nightmare who looked at it and nodded "now we put butter on the pan" she grabbed a stick of butter and rubbed it over the pan half way covering it in butter before handing it to Nightmare to finish it off.

Nightmare looked at the butter and put her hoof down to grab it...instead pinkie watched her smush it…."uh...its ok! I got more butter!" She held up sticks of butter.

Eight sticks of butter later and the pan was still only half way buttered, Nightmare had a butter covered hoof, she also looked upset.

Pinkie kept her smile up and thought for a few seconds before she got an idea "now you can rub the butter on the pan!"

Nightmare looked at her then her hoof and started rubbing the butter on the pan, pinkie sighed in relief "ok step two! She got some flour in her hoof and sprinkled it over the pan, step three!" She moved the pan away and brought the bowl closer she then filled it with sugar and went to get some of the extra butter she brought before freezing….that butter was located on Nightmares hoof now…

"Is something wrong?" Nightmare looked down at Pinkie raising a brow.

Don't wanna make her mad Pinkie! "Nope! Now you gotta mush that butter on your hoof with the sugar in the bowl, do that till it's light, fluffy, and creamy!"

Nightmare nodded and started doing that, the bowl proceeded to break in half as she pushed down to hard, pinkies eyes widened and she looked at Nightmare who's eye twitched, she grabbed another bowl "uh woops! Guess that bowl was broken, make sure to smush lightly ok??"

Nightmare nodded again and start mushing the butter in the sugar, ok crisis averted...Pinkie waited till it looked light, fluffy, and creamy, she then brought over a bottle of vanilla and a basket of eggs.

"Alrighty step four now" she moved the basket of eggs over to Nightmare.

"Uh….I don't think this parts best for me…" Nightmare moved her hooves away from the eggs.

"Why not?" Pinkie tilted her head.

Nightmare looked at the broken bowl and smashed butter sticks with hood prints in them.

"Oh….ok! I'll do this part then!" She cracked a egg and made it spill in the bowl before tossing the eggs she then poured some vanilla in, she mushed it with her hooves before adding another egg, she did this a couple times till it was mixed, Nightmare watched her do all this with ease in amazement before looking at her own hooves and frowning.

Pinkie grabbed a wooden spoon and bag of flour "step five! You pour I'll stir!" She smiled and started stirring the batter around with the spoon.

Nightmare picked up the bag and tilted it slightly in the bowl, a couple flakes of flour fell in, she shook it and two more came out, frowning she shook it again before suddenly a ton of flour poured out overflowing in the bowl, her eye twitched again and her ears flicked, a dark purple-ish blue magical energy forming around her horn.

Pinkies eyes were wide "wow...looks like a snowy mountain!" She smiled and forced a laugh, Nightmare didn't laugh...not good...she was supposed to teach Nightmare Moon laughter, she had to think of a way to make her laugh….wait lightbulb! She grabbed some flour and ducked under the counter she came back up with her face covered in flour and her mane pointed like a long horn "I'm princess Celestia!"

Nightmare burst out laughing which made Pinkie laugh as well….until Nightmare fell into the royal canterlot voice shaking the entire kitchen and knocking the bowl over.

"DAMMIT!!!" Nightmare roared in the royal canterlot voice before she covered her mouth "sorry…" she nearly got to Fluttershy level of quiet...or pinkies hearing was bad after the yelling,

She rubbed her ears "It's ok!" She scooped up the flour and batter back in the bowl, she then finished mixing it before scraping it onto the pan and pushing it into the oven "now put the timer on one hour" she smiled.

Nightmare looked at the egg timer and with difficulty twisted it till she was sure it was one hour.

"Alright now we wait for it to cook and it should all be fine!" Pinkie beamed.


Two hours later….


"NOT FINE!!! VERY NOT FINE!!" Pinkie yelled as the oven was spitting out flames and Nightmare Moon was trying to blow it out before fanning it with a rag in her mouth, the rag then caught fire and she threw it in panic, it landed on the counter catching everything on it on fire she then started running around in panic.

Pinkie pulled a fire extinguisher out of her mane, always have one near by when cooking! She then started spraying the flames.

~{END FLASHBACK}~

Pinkie looked at Nightmare who she expected to be furious but...just saw devastation, Pinkie frowned and grabbed a piece of the burnt and foam covered cake "hm I'm sure it still tastes good!" She ate it and gagged, it did not taste good, but she didn't want Nightmare to know, she chewed and forced a smile "mmm...so…" hack "good!" She was sure her performance was believable.


I watched Pinkie force herself to eat the cake and lie horribly about it tasting good, I screwed up….Pinkie asked me to make a cake with her and I burnt it...god I was useless "Pinkie...you..don't need to lie...it's bad, I know" I turned my back to her and walked out of the kitchen "sorry I failed…" one chance to have a fun day with Pinkie...and I ruined it, of course I did..when did anything ever go the way I wanted? I couldn't even be happy I was walking on the crystal floor and not slipping….

Sighing I headed back to my room and plopped on the bed, this day felt like it went on forever and I was exhausted, mostly mentally...screw up as much as I did and I doubt anyone would complain, pushing my head under my pillow I tried to sleep, hopefully tomorrow would be better and screw up free....