• Published 25th Dec 2018
  • 337 Views, 4 Comments

'Twas the Night Before Hearth's Warming - HeartlessNobody1992



A short classic poetic tale about Twilight and her friends during the Hearth's Warming Eve night.

  • ...
 4
 337

'Twas the Night Before Hearth's Warming

Author's Note:

Hello, my dear fellow readers, authors, fans and friends alike. I would like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas everywhere, no matter where you are and where you're from. So, as a present from me to all of you, I present you this nice little poem/story. So as always I hope you like the story and leave an honest review and opinions.

So, sit back, relax and enjoy ''Twas the Night Before Hearth's Warming'. Stay Awesome, my friends!

'Twas the night before Hearth's Warming, all throughout the land, in the small town of Ponyville, everything was becoming so grand.
With lights, decorations, and an aroma of sweets in the air, as well as the songs that they sing with gracious flair.
The town's residents moved around merrily, with both a pep and a spring, was preparing themselves, for what the next day would bring.

With smiles in their hearts and no frowns on their faces, gave each a pleasant sight, showing each one another good graces.
All through their homes, tucked in warm by the fire, giving them each a feeling that none were filled with such ire.
With each colt and filly, preparing to sleep in their beds, dreaming of the wonderous tomorrow, that would haunt their young heads.

Everything seemed merry, with nay worry or hassle, especially from the ones that resides inside a large castle.
The castle so bright, a truly amazing spectacle, there resides an alicorn, the Princess of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle.
She and her friends, the other Elements of Harmony, where spending their Hearth's Warming together at her home, celebrating a party.

All of them together, sitting in their respective chairs, talking and laughing while giving gifts, showing each other how much they cared.
With Twilight first, showing off some friendly looks, gave her gifts to each of her friends, of course though, most of them were books.

Then Applejack followed through giving cider, much to Rainbow Dash's delight, to help make their spirits go higher, taking them in flight.
Rainbow Dash then gave free tickets to her next Wonderbolts show, then Rarity came next giving the other girls dresses and Spike, their dragon friend, a suit, all wrapped up in a bow.

Boxes of tea and hoof-made sweaters, were the gifts from Fluttershy, and of course, plenty of joke books and prank items were given away by, you guessed it, Pinkie Pie.
Yes the party was going great and decently intact, that was, until Twilight figured out, there was something that this party seemed to lack.

She looked all around, through her confusion and surprise, is that her friend/ student Starlight Glimmer, was nowhere in sight.
So while her friends were celebrating, she decided to search for her, wondering where she might be on this night of winter.
She walked through the halls, searching all around, hoping that soon that her friend would probably be found.

She managed to look around for a minute or two, trying to find the other unicorn that she knew.
That is until she finally found her, looking out of the window, silently staring out, watching the falling snow.
She didn't appear to move, or look back at all, she remained standing there watching the evening snow fall.
She also seemed to appear somewhat distressed, looking as if she had no signs of cheer or rest.

Twilight remained quiet, silently watching her stature, then suddenly decided to check to see what was the matter.
She walked as close just enough to stand behind, then asked, "Starlight, are you fine?".
Starlight jumped a bit, then looked back, seeing her friend she said, "Geez Twilight, you nearly gave me a heart attack.".
Twilight seemed a bit worried about the emotion her friend showed, then asked, "Why aren't you at the party? The halls seem a bit cold.".

Starlight looked a bit uncomfortable, then tried to put a smile on her face, "Eh, I figured that I would be kinda somewhere better, you know, a quieter space.".
Twilight nodded at her, although she couldn't be so sure, on how much privacy Starlight would want to occur.
"Well," she started, "it doesn't hurt to have some privacy, though it doesn't seem to be as much pleasant than being away from a party."

Starlight smiled a bit but then looked to the floor and sighed, showing Twilight that she didn't seemed to be alright.
"I'm sorry Twilight, I don't mean to feel so down," Starlight said while bearing on her face a small frown.
"It's just that I don't seem to feel the Hearth's Warming cheer, as if it's completely nonexistent for me here..."
She looks away back to watch the evening cold, feeling as tired as if she has gotten old.

Twilight both surprised and shocked, for her good friend's plight, dealing with a problem all alone on this cold night.
"Starlight," said the alicorn, "I'm so sorry you feel this way. Having to feel alone on this special holiday."
"But there is nothing to worry for you to feel so down, especially when it comes to having some friends being around."
Starlight sighed once more, feeling a bit more depressed, only for Twilight to help save her from her emotional distress.

"Sometimes it's hard to feel all alone, having to deal with the stress of spending Hearth's Warming all on your own."
"But..." she continued as she rest her hoof on her shoulder, bringing some warmth to the hallway that was once colder.
"Knowing no matter how much alone that you may feel all the time, your friends will be by your side, and for a pony like you, it seems fine.".

Starlight seemed to stay silent, thinking about this for awhile, then suddenly started to put on quite a gentle smile.
She proceeded to hug the bearer of the Element of Magic, "Thank you Twilight, for making my worries feel less tragic."
The purple alicorn then donned a smile on her face, "Maybe we should get back to the party now, you wanna race?"
With a nod and a laugh, the unicorn followed, feeling much better than she was when she felt so much hollow.

They both soon came back, only for them to see nothing much changed, with them all to go and play some bit of holiday games.
Throughout the night, they all laughed, danced and sang, while hearing the musical choir of bells, making noises as they rang.

For Starlight things became so wonderful, to not feel so alone, knowing that she could be with friends, that would make her feel at home.
While the celebration continued, she looked out the window once more, knowing she could be glad with this feeling forevermore.

Then she looked to her friends, hearing Pinkie Pie making such quite a sight, "Happy Hearth's Warming everypony!"
Starlight smiled back, "Same to you too, Pinkie..." then glanced at the readers, "And to all of you, a good night.".

Comments ( 4 )

Excellent story keep up the good work.

10771033
Thank you very much. I hope that you'll like other stories that I make or will make in the future.

10771121
I'm going to help you make more stores

10771160
Really? Well then, I wouldn't say no for some help. Lol.

Login or register to comment