• Published 1st Dec 2018
  • 639 Views, 10 Comments

Discord's Made a Foal of Me - Hailstorm_



Having learned that he and his loving wife can't produce a child of their own, Discord takes it upon himself to create one for the two of them to raise instead. Being too lazy to create one, he simply opted to steal a human off of Earth instead.

  • ...
2
 10
 639

Chapter 4

The remaining walk to the clubhouse didn’t take too long, just under a minute. As Apple Bloom told me during that walk, she was well on her way to a meeting before I teleported myself in front of her and scared her half to death.

I still needed to figure out how I did that.

As we both climbed the staircase to the clubhouse, I tried my hardest to use the horn on my head to grab an apple from a tree not too far away. I narrowed my eyes and strained slightly, trying to force all the grabby thoughts through my horn and force them around the apple.

All I managed to do was give myself a headache.

“Uh, y’all alright?”

Apple Bloom stood at the top of the stairs, staring down at me with a concerned look on her face. I blushed, looking away as I realized she watching the entire time.

“Uh, s-sorry” I scratched the back of my head with a hoof, my blush only growing stronger as my voice cracked while I said it. “I guess I’m just, uh, tired?” I tried to not bite back the groan at my terrible excuse as I plodded my way up the stairs behind her.

Apple Bloom shot me another questioning glance, frowning as she watched me pass. “Well, I hope you can get some rest before this. It ain’t gonna take long.” She gave me a lingering look before brightening up just a bit and walking to the door.

Upon walking closer, I could hear a two person discussion coming from inside, one voice a rough and gritty voice and the other a sweet and melodious one. Both voices quieted immediately after Apple Bloom knocked, and she gave them a moment to prepare themselves before she opened the door and entered.

I moved to enter as well, but immediately she turned around to face me. “Jus’... give us a moment. We haven’t had a new recruit in a while, so I’ve gotta hype ‘em up a little bit." She put a hoof to my chest, tilting her head and giving me a kind grin. “Wait right here, it’ll only be a second.”

I smiled back and, taking that as a sign of understanding, she took a step back and closed the door between us.

I sat down, finally alone again. And for once I had a moment to collect my thoughts.

“I still can’t believe this is happening.” I said softly to myself, letting out a soft, unsure chuckle. “I mean, I went to bed dreading going to school, but now here I am in Equestria. I don’t have to worry about stupid stuff like that anymore.” I gave a more mirthful chuckle before a pang of guilt shot through my heart. “Ah frick, I still need to turn in my part of the group project.” Thinking this over caused me to scowl, stomping a hoof on the ground gently as I realized how screwed I left them.

Before I could continue wallowing in pity for those I had left behind for too long, the door in front of me opened. Apple Bloom smiled at me, though her face fell just a bit as she saw my continued wallowing. She pulled back a little, unsure of what happened in the few moments she left me alone.

“Uh, we’re ready for you Anon.”

I nodded gently, dipping my head lower in apology. “Hah, thanks.” I laughed nervously, fully aware that I’d screwed up and looked weird in front of her. Though it wasn’t the first time, and definitely wouldn’t be the last. Maybe not even the last in this next few minutes.

Upon entering the room, I was immediately in front of two more sources of adorable.

To my left was Sweetie Belle, the white unicorn filly who was noticeably taller than myself, who smiled kindly at me. "Hiya, I'm Sweetie Belle." She then gestured to the orange pegasus to her right. "Aaand this is Scootaloo. It's a pleasure to meet you Anon."

“Really? We’re not doing game night so we can help out some dumb colt?” Scootaloo said, before quickly turning to me. “No offense.”

“None taken.”

Sweetie Belle bowed her head in apology to me anyway, then walked over to Scootaloo and placed a hoof on her shoulder. “Come on now, it’s gonna be fun. I mean, how long has it been since we had a pony to help?” Scootaloo grumbled to herself, crossing her hooves and sitting on the ground to pout.

Sweetie took this as a sign of acceptance, then turned to face me. She smiled charmingly, and it disarmed me immediately. She could have plunged a knife into my chest, and I’d just let it happen.

“So, I guess Apple Bloom filled you in on what we do here?” She asked. I nodded mutely, to which she giggled cutely. “Well then, we should probably get started before it gets too late.” She gestured to the window, and I could see that the sun was already nearly setting on my first day in Equestria.

How late did Discord teleport me into Twilight’s castle?

“Yeah, we should probably do something today.” Apple Bloom agreed from a bit away. Turning to look at her, I saw that she was fiddling with a little locker in the corner of the room. What she said next was muffled as she pulled out a small blanket, but she tossed it over her back and approached us to sit down. “We can work out ideas for you right now, then maybe we can actually do one of ‘em after school tomorrow.”

Scootaloo groaned in response. “Ugh, why does vacation have to be over already?” Her pouting grew even worse as she flopped onto the wooden floor.

Ignoring her, Sweetie Belle turned to me. “Did your parents enroll you in Ms. Cheerilee’s class yet? We could probably try a talent or two during lunch.”

“Is he even old enough to be in our class?” Scootaloo asked, her voice muffled from her face being pressed to the floor. She lifted it just slightly enough to look at me. “How old are you, anyway? Twelve? Thirteen?”

I blushed and stammered for a little bit. I hadn’t even considered how old they were, much less myself. They certainly seemed older than they were in the show, but I had no idea what that even was. Anywhere from six to thirteen, depending on the writer.

“Don’t be mean!” Sweetie Belle chided Scootaloo as she sat down right beside her. “He’s probably sixteen just like us. Except, y’know,” she paused for a moment, looking over to me and then blushing, then she blocked her mouth from my view with a hoof and whispered, “Late bloomer.”

Obviously I heard her.

“I’m, uh, fifteen actually.” I muttered, nodding along with Sweetie Belle’s assessment for sympathy points. I sat down and bowed my head lower, a sad smile on my face. “I guess not finding my talent might have, uh, stunted my growth?” I let out a tiny sigh, nestling onto the ground to join Scootaloo in The Ground Party.

Apple Bloom shot Sweetie Belle a look, then sighed along with me. “Well, that’s why you’re here. So we can help you out.” She smiled at me, brightening my smile remarkably despite my attempts to keep it sad and lonely. “See? All we gotta do is do our best, and we can get you your mark lickety-split!”

“First we’ve gotta figure out what kinds of things he’d be into.” Scootaloo said, finally lifting her head from the ground to finally fully regard me. “You’re a unicorn, so it’s probably not gonna be anything cool and dangerous.” She looked closely at my soft, squishy body and chuckled a bit, pushing my shoulder with a hoof in a friendly way.

As rude as that was, though perfectly fair as I definitely didn’t want to try racing Scootaloo or anything, the other two and I all couldn’t help but nod. Still, a light bulb appeared above Sweetie Belle’s head and she grinned over at me.

“Are you good at any spells? Maybe your talent is something magic.” As if to demonstrate, her horn lit up with a green aura and shot out a few sparks that faded almost immediately. She smiled widely at me, proud of her little light show.

Despite not being too impressed, as I’d seen Twilight Sparkle have an anime-esque battle with Tirek that put just about any form of magic to shame, but I still had to admit:

“I’m, uh, not very good at magic.” I told them all, bowing my head again. Taking this as an opportunity for myself, I tried as hard as I could to light my horn as Sweetie Belle did.

I couldn’t see it very well, but I did see a few flashes of dark green along with the strange feeling in my forehead. And then absolutely nothing. I felt a heaviness in my chest, more disheartened by my lack of skill than I thought I would be. “So yeah, maybe not.” I decided.

“Maybe something smaller then.” Apple Bloom said, bristling gently. “How about hobbies? You got any of those?”

“Well...” I hesitated. Obviously I had a few hobbies, but none that I would want to have define me. Video games were fun, but one stray one and I was suddenly the next Button Mash.

But the girls were still staring at me, waiting for me to answer with something that could lead them in the right direction. I did my best to avoid all three pairs of eyes, looking to my side as I stammered a little bit more.

“I like t’read, I guess.” I said evasively, hoping that it’d give them enough to work on.

It very visibly didn’t. All three of them shot each other looks in what was a very interesting looking game of telephone. Finally, after a long amount of silence, Apple Bloom cleared her throat.

“Maaaaaaybe we should try thinking of things tomorrow.” She said as she stood. Looking out the window, we could all see that nighttime was almost upon us. She laughed softly. “I think AJ is gonna be mad if I’m not home for dinner.”

Scootaloo stood up next, stretching her body from the uncomfortable position she was just in. The floor wasn’t very comfortable. “Well if you’re gonna go, I should probably get some training in before bed.” She extended her wings, flexing them and giving them a few test flaps. “That race on Sunday isn’t gonna prepare for itself.”

And finally Sweetie Belle. “Well thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to spend some time with us for once.” Before Scootaloo could say anything in response, Sweetie Belle wrapped her hooves around Scoot and pulled her in for a tight hug. “It’s definitely been too long.”

The hug lingered for a little bit, enough to make Apple Bloom and I just a bit uncomfortable. When Sweetie pulled back, I could see an absolutely massive blush on Scootaloo’s face. She took a step back, stammering and stuttering, before extending her wings and dashing towards the, thankfully open, window.

While the other two were very used to this, I rushed to the window to see Scootaloo parkouring off of the balcony, then open up her wings. But not to take off flying, but to slow her decent so that she could immediately take off running.

ThiswasgreatbutI’vegottagoI’llseeyouallatschooltomorrow!” She screamed behind her as she ran off.

Both Sweetie and Apple Bloom just shrugged and chuckled softly as I turned to them and gave them a questioning look. Neither of them bothered to explain, as they gave each other a more normal hug.

Sweetie Belle gave a small wave to me. “See ya, Anon. It was nice to meet you.” With a gentle smile, she left the clubhouse through the actual doorway this time.

And that left just Apple Bloom and I.

I stood up, stretching my spine out similarly to Scootaloo before sighing and glancing toward the door. “I… should probably go too.” I said, not knowing where exactly I’d be going to. “Thank you for today though.” I smiled to her, then meandered slowly to the door. It’s not like I expected a hug or anything.

I just hoped for one.

Instead of a hug I just got a returned smile, though hers was a bit downcast. “Are ya gonna be fine getting home?” She asked as she walked to the door with me. “I know you’re new, so I could walk ya home if you’d like.”

I laughed at her generous offer, then shook my head as I knew that that wouldn’t have worked out very well. “I’m sure I can get home on my own.”

She scrunched her face at this, but still didn’t fight it any.

We left the clubhouse together, walking down the stairs and enjoying each other’s silent company for the moment. As we reached the ground level, we both turned to face each other.

“Well, I’ve gotta go home for dinner so… I’ll see ya after school tomorrow?” She asked, scratching the back of her head with a hoof as she waited for an answer.

“Definitely!” I chipperly smiled back, maybe just a little bit too eager.

My eagerness caught up to her too, as a wide smile stretched across her face. “Alrighty, have a safe walk.” She lingered for just a moment longer, then turned around to walk off to her home.

I walked off into the trees for a few moments, breathing a short sigh of relief and counting my steps before turning back around and climbing up the stairs of the clubhouse.

I quietly shut the door behind me, then went to the cabinet that I saw Apple Bloom rummaging around in earlier. Luckily for me there was a small pillow left, but there was absolutely no blanket to be found. She must have taken the last of them back to her home.

But it would do. It wasn’t like I was cold anyway.

I set the pillow on the ground and flopped down onto it, resting back down on the floor with an uncomfortable groan.

While I would have loved a moment to collect my thoughts and muse on my first day in Equestria, the exhaustion of exactly what happened finally caught up to me and I fell asleep nearly instantly.

Comments ( 10 )

Wow...cancelled already what happened?

9325250
I don't really see much reason to continue it.

9325252
Oh ok i thought it was pretty good
:3

9325252

Joined, uploaded, and cancelled all in one day? Bruh

9325300
Hamster bby I love you

9325339
I got it out of my system. I thought one of these stories would be easy and a quick way to HorseFame, but I just suck at writing this sort of thing.

Maybe I'll give it another try though.

Not a bad story, I hope you will continue story, I can see interesting path for this story with being Discord and Twilight's foal, but it would still need to stand apart for the other story with a similar premise. It would be interesting to see how he interact with the rest of the Sparkle family. If I were more available I would be open to do a cover art commission for this, but I am too busy at the moment.

I wonder if Discord would say that he created Anon out of nothing and had part of his essence pored into him to avoid explaining where he came from or why he is nearly omniscient knowledgeable on certain things while laking on other areas too. Could also be that he adds he put some of Twilight in him too, just to get him more sympathy from Twilight, especially the fact that Anon is a unicorn for her to help teach magic to; Which I don't think it would be easy at all for him.

I hope you will continue this.

9326651
Thank you.

I think I'm going to try.

9326911
Happy to hear it, I hope you continue this story further.

Also just a question, does Anon feels the effects of being in the body of a foal or is he completely uninfluenced by it? Either way could be interesting. Through, I wonder how how he would bond over with Twilight and Discord as his parents or at least feel that way with them especially with Twilight, or is it going to be an act on his part and would just use her as a means to learn magic, and could she be on to him with that, given how booksmarts she is? Or could Discord use him as a doll and program him with foal behaviors just to him more agreeable for him and Twilight?

Is he in fact in a pony body or is it just simulacrum only and is not subject to any of ponies instincts?

Login or register to comment