• Published 9th Oct 2018
  • 195 Views, 0 Comments

One last letter - StarBlink



Actually, Twillight wanted to rehearse some new magic tricks, but then something unexpected happened. The story takes place in an alternative timeline, in which Discord was revived a thousand years earlier.

  • ...
 0
 195

Prolog

I started to keep a diary because I probably will not believe a word that happened to me. But before I start with the current events, I will first describe how I got into this delicate situation.
First of all, I'll introduce myself, if at some point one finds this book.
My name is Twilight Sparkle. I am a unicorn pony from Canterlot.
Canterlot, even a memory from the past.
Once I was the disciple of Princess Celestia before I was sent to Ponyville to oversee the summer festival preparations. There I met my future best friends Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. Also, we have prevented the night that Nightmare Moon wanted to bring over Equestria to break in on us. Immediately we were ruled by two princesses, as we could transform back into Princess Luna by finding the elements of harmony Nightmare Moon. Since Princess Celestia realized I was unhappy after the success of Nightmare Moon, thinking I had to go back to Canterlot and leave my new friends, she decided that I could stay in Ponyville. There followed many more days and months in which our friendship was put to the test. The biggest one so far has been the appearance of Discord, which brought out the worst in all of us. But together we have passed this challenge. It was followed again months in which we had to deal with the everyday problems until the fateful day.
It was just after the history of the dessert competition in Canterlot.
I was in Canterlot for a short while to learn some new spells. But then something unforeseen happened. One of the spells went horribly wrong. I could only feel something moving in an uncontrolled way inside me. Then I had the feeling of freezing internally. Just before I lost consciousness, I meant that reality splinters, like throwing a stone through a window glass. And then everything was different.

Twilight paused as the cave, in which she had been hiding, dulled. Some dust trickled down from the ceiling. 'I'm not safe here anymore,' she thought and stowed her diary in the saddlebag. 'Where should I go?' She cautiously crept to the entrance and looked out tensely. High above her, some dragons circled the mountain, which served as a hiding place. Beneath her, she saw the macabre version of Canterlot, which had nothing in common with what she knew. But what she was slowly catching up with was the realization that she was alone here. Her friends did not want to come to Canterlot until the next day. Well, the reunion would probably look different than they had thought. 'Where should I go?', this question echoed through her mind since she arrived here. At a distance, she saw a pegasus pony fly that sounded familiar to her. Behind this was a flock of angry birds. No, no birds. These were Pegasus ponies too. The crowd seemed to be following the single pony. But this did not make it easy for the pursuers. Crazy somersaults and loops turned the single pony and the pursuers had their dear need to keep up. Then it was already over and over, as well as shortly after the pursuers. Did not the single pony have a colorful mane? And it was back again, this time from the other side. It hooked and sped incredibly fast toward the cave entrance where Twilight was still standing watching the spectacle. “Out of the way”, the Pegasus pony shouted. Twilight ducked, but they both collided and rolled back into the cave. Shortly thereafter, the noise of passing Pegasi was heard. The two ponies in the cave scrambled to their feet. “Ouch”, the Pegasus pony commented on the crash landing. It rose and turned to Twilight. “Who are you? They almost had me ...“ It stopped. Fear and hate came from the somewhat annoyed face at first. “You.” - “Who? I? You crashed into me. You're ... “, The sun had moved a bit further in the meantime, so that the light fell on the pegasus pony, “... Rainbow Dash?” Twilight was a little confused, but also happy to see a familiar face. Anxiously, Rainbow Dash crouched on the floor in front of her “Do not bother me, I just did it to give the foals something to eat.”, she whimpered. “Huh, I do not understand”, returned Twilight. This fearful heap of misery is supposed to be Rainbow Dash? The brave pony who helped defeat Nightmare Moon and Discord. The confusion of Twilight reached new heights. Carefully, Rainbow peeked at Twilight. “You ... mean, you don't have ... no idea?" She asked Carefully. “I was stranded here just a few days ago.”, Twilight admitted openly. Rainbow Dash got up and circled around Twilight. “This is not a trick? No bad magic? And you will not turn me over to HIM?”, Rainbow asked suspiciously. “No, it's not a trick. And I have no idea about evil magic. And who is HE?” Now it was time to ask Twilight questions. “HE is the most obnoxious thing that Equestria has seen in over one thousand years. HE threw Princess Celestia into prison a thousand years ago and ruled as the sole ruler. HE is the master of chaos. HE is”, her voice lowered, “Discord.”

Discord.
She would hardly forget that name. He had driven her and her friends apart almost forever. Twilight thought. “Why wasn't Discord defeated?” She murmured, “the elements of harmony have been found almost a year before.” Rainbow Dash stepped closer to her. “What do you mean?”, She could hardly suppress a laugh, “Elements of harmony? You believe in such a fairytale stuff? You really are not of this world.” She trotted slowly into the cave. “Oh man. Of all the crazy ponies in this world, I have to run into the only one who believes in such old foal stories.” Rainbow shook her head. “To keep you up to date. One year ago and one day the sun came up last time. You do not have to look at me so big. That night, Nightmare Moon had her big show. But instead of dealing with Discord, the two divided the world among themselves. Princess Celestia could not do anything because, as I said, she was drowning in Canterlot's dungeon. Nobody knows how Discord defeated our princess. She is said to have left a scroll somewhere in this world. And before you ask, I do not know what's inside or where it is.” - “If the sun rose the last time over a year ago, why does it shine?” Twilight asked with a wink. “Pff”, Rainbow replied, “that's not the sun. That's the moon. Nightmare Moon said he should be taller than the sun. No idea how she did that.” Twilight nodded. She opened her mouth, but was interrupted by her growling stomach. She closed her mouth again and lowered her head in embarrassment. “How long have you been here? A couple of days, huu? Judging by your stomach, more like a couple of weeks.” Rainbow stepped back to Twilight. “No fear. I know a place where you can eat something again. And he's even reasonably safe.” The Pegasus pony grinned in amusement. “Come on. I know where we can go. Flying is too dangerous for today. Soon the wild phoenixes come out of their nests. I'm telling you, the air is burning.” Twilight followed her new mate as she left the cave, hoping she would eventually find a way home.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment