• Published 28th Jun 2018
  • 399 Views, 8 Comments

Memory fragment 215-357a - Gear_change



A short story about an Ahuizotl and Daring Doo displaced couple

  • ...
 8
 399

The Only Chapter

“We are stuck, stuck in this dark, muggy, cold room”

“Everyone at ATTENTION, we have a captain on deck. His Name is Obvious.”

”Who is that sergeant?”

“Who do you think, Genius?” I asked the Imaginary Ahuizotl

Oh, Aldstone, right… well at least-“

Don’t you dare finish that thought maggot!” “Be gonethot!” Sarge and Aldstone Said simultaneously.

“I was going to say that at least I have a real name, you guys take the p-“

“Maggot, the last time you had said - that - sentence the ENTIRE VILLAGE got mad at us.”

“How were we suppose to know that that crystal thing-a-ma-bob item was important to the safety of the town?”

“If we had checked our information instead of just believing a single being, we would not have been in this predicament,” Aldstone responded

“And how would we have, we look like a freak of nature!” Ahuizotl exclaimed

I look around the room as my “friends” argue, and looked around the cell that has been my home for the last few ... Years. It’s made out of stone and, except for a stone bed and an iron door that had two slots, one had stopped working a while ago. I haven’t seen sunlight in a long time. As I sit here, lost in thought, I think back to why I was in this mess to begin with.


My girlfriend and I had woken up early that day to get ready for a convention to get our costumes ready. We were going cosplaying as Daring Doo and Ahuizotl that day. (Explain costumes) Everything was going as we had planned. We were looking around the stalls where people were selling items. As we did, we spotted one that stood out. We approached the stall and saw a man wearing a costume based off the Happy Mask Salesman from the game ‘The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask’. I decided on buying a small trinket and my girlfriend chose to buy a whip.

“Oh the amulet of Marevana, eh? Nice choice lad, your total’ll be $20.”

I handed him the money.

As I was leaving I felt myself get sleepy, I found a bench right nearby. I told my girlfriend that I needed a second. I proceeded to lay down. The next thing I know, I’m being shaken awake by a pony named Sombra. He told me a few lies about how the crystal empire is run by a brutal government and, well you can infer the rest.


I swear the only reason I haven’t gone insane is because of one of the items that came with me to this world. The ‘Amulet of Marevana’ or something like that.

“Hey, does anyone else hear that” Ahuizotl whispered in my headspace

I hear a pair of feet outside my cell.

“Is there anyone out there?” I asked, “Is my sentence over yet? It’s been… a long, long time.”

The footsteps stop; I think I hear someone messing with the lock, and, after a while. The sounds stop. The door began opening and behind it.

“Is that…” Ahuizotl started.

“We’ll see shortly.”Aldstone shot back.

I dispelled my imaginary friends. “Is that you Aura Blast?” I asked I asked ‘Daring Doo’

“GEAR CHANGE!” she asked, she jumped onto me, hugging me playfully.

“Please turn off the Royal Caps Lock,” I grunted out, “I may need to get my hearing checked after that one.”

“Oh puh-leese, I’m allowed to get excited when my B.B.F.F. Nearly disappears from my life forever, so how you been.”

“Oh, I’ve been really busy sitting here, daydreaming about getting revenge on Sombra for tricking me, and being locked in a dark, muggy, and cold room” I stated sarcastically.

“Well too bad Sombra’s already …” she frowns suddenly “dead”

“Oh, well who did it?”

“Step. Away. From her. Ahuizotl.” The real Doo says from the entrance to the cell.

“Calm yourself Doo, that’s my B.B.F.F.,” she says

“CALM DOWN, Aura, even if he is your ‘B.B.F.F’.”Yes, there where air quotes being used there. “He was locked down here for a reason, Besides, there’s no reason he could have served his sentence. If you recall, the jail was also sent outside time for those ‘thousand years’. He’s probably not even served a day since then, besides-“

So that’s why no one has delivered meals in, wait- “WHAT?” I yell in royal caps lock. “A. THOUSAND. YEARS. And no one noticed for a cell with one being in it missing. Why?”

“So you’re saying you were in here for a thousand years, and didn’t try the door?” my GF said.

“I DIDN’T THINK-“

“DAMN RIGHT YOU ‘DIDN’T THINK’, BESIDES, YOU’VE SAT HERE FOR HOW LONG DOING NOTHING BUT SIT ON YOUR *yay*. YOU *yay*ING IDIOT.”

“Actually he was serving his time and then some, especially if he could have escaped at any time,” a voice said from the hallway.

“Candice?”

“You’re the one who stole the Chrystal heart for Sombra, are you not?”

“Ya, but he had…”

“Promised riches beyond imagining, the secrets of the universe, or something like that?”

“No, he said that he was a prince from the Crystal Empire…”


“…And Then He threw me in that cell and threw away the key” Gear told to the assembled Alicorns

“Hmmm very intriguing, might I ask why you didn’t, Idunno, DOING SOME RESEARCH FIRST?”The violet colored one said.

“Twilight, did you forget-“ the white one said

“Sorry, Celestia, I forgot myself for a second.”

“I say we let him go, what dos’t thou think ‘Tia?” The blue one said.

“I agree with you, Luna,” ‘Celestia’ said, “but he should have someone keeping an eye on him?”

“Agreed” Luna and Candice stated.

“I guess …” ‘Twilight’ put her right hoove to her chin, “but who should be the one to keep an eye on him?”

“I’m pretty sure Aura and I can do that easily, especially if what she told me about him is true.” Ms. Doo stated.

“Well , then I guess you’re free to go Gear Change,” Celestia stated

“Well, then let’s get going.” Gear said, “Life waits for no one, after all.”

“Especially not for one who sits in a dark, muggy, cold, unlocked room” Aura Fired back as the trio leave.

Comments ( 4 )

9013636
Wat r u takin aboot?

9013897

somethingsomething

Maybe I wasn't specific enough, 'something something' ?
I don't even understand what you where trying to ask.

9014306
Maybe in the future, I'm learning and trying to 'get good' as a writer, so it might be a while.

Login or register to comment