• Published 26th May 2018
  • 7,909 Views, 7,460 Comments

Infinity Era - JDPrime22



Avengers: Infinity War / Avengers: Endgame crossover. The culmination has arrived. The Mad Titan has waited so long for this moment. Long live the Infinity Era.

  • ...
30
 7,460
 7,909

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24 – Nomad

24

Edinburgh, Scotland

Streets

10:03 p.m.

Wanda Maximoff was the only soul in the streets of Edinburgh. Street lamps kept the path ahead of her alive and bright, which was something she desperately needed so late at night. She had checked her phone, noticing that it was already ten at night. She sighed, feeling a chill slip through her coat.

The late-night drizzle wasn’t too bad, but the strong wind was beginning to damper her attitude, as if she wasn’t already feeling horrible as it was. Not only did she have to say goodbye to Vision so he could go fight in an impossible war, but for the first time in a long time… she was alone. It was at times as so where she would desperately wish to see her parents again, only to feel the strong arms of her brother wrap around her and keep her safe in the dark, lonesome nights in Sokovia.

Wanda stopped in the middle of the empty road. Closing her eyes, controlling her breathing, she sighed and tightened her hoodie. No more thinking of the past for her. She continued down the road for what felt like endless hours. She came across several buildings shrouded in shadow, her gaze shifting across each one. Her eyes finally landed on a large warehouse at the end of street, causing her to stop where she was.

Wanda checked her phone, to see whether or not the address Steve had texted her was the same as it read on the building. Thankfully, it was, and her search was over. She made her way towards the warehouse, where Steve told her he would pick her up.

At least, she would have, had her ears not pick up something behind her.

The Scarlet Witch spun around, her eyes alert and on the hunt for any sign of movement in the dead street behind her. Rain particles fell from the light of the street lamps, and a few vehicles were parked near the sidewalks. She scanned the rooftops, seeing nothing but shadows left and right. Up and down. It was all darkness.

She waited several seconds longer, silencing her own breathing and just listening to the quiet of the night. The rain splattered against the top of her hoodie. It hit the street softly, barely making a noise, but it was the only noise she heard. She caught no movement in the road, in the buildings, or on the rooftops. Her earlier assumption may have been true after all. Maybe she was the only soul awake that night. Maybe she was just feeling a little on edge, especially with leaving Vision. She didn’t need her emotions getting in the way of her safety.

Letting that thought sink in, Wanda turned back around and faced the warehouse. But what she saw wasn’t the building. It wasn’t the empty street ahead.

She barely caught sight of it when the foot shot forward and slammed against her chest.

AH!” Wanda yelped, her entire body launched backwards and rolling several feet from the impact. Even when she felt her chest hurting with each breath she took in, she still gasped when she saw the dark figure leaping towards her, what appeared to be a golden spear in its hands jutted her way. The sharpest point to be specific.

Wanda rolled out of the way just as the spear stabbed the cement. Rising back to rest on one knee, Wanda observed her assailant. She was nearly dumbfounded by its appearance. It wasn’t a man, nor a woman. It didn’t even appear human. Whatever it was, it was covered in black robes, a dark hood equipped with two golden horns resting over its head. The creature’s claws gripped the handle of its spear, slowly rising up and turning its face to the Witch. Then she saw it for what it truly was. Its face snarled at her, the beast baring its fangs as its gray-colored skin wrinkled in agitation, probably to see her still breathing and moving.

She was so dumbfounded by the creature’s appearance that she nearly wasn’t ready when it struck again. This time, it screamed as it drove its glaive right for Wanda’s heart, and it nearly reached its target had Wanda not lifted her hands.

Corvus Glaive stood in disbelief, his glaive frozen just inches from her chest. It was caught in a red haze of energy, the mist spilling from her fingers and originating from the fury in her glowing red irises. Then, she grunted, rising to both feet and launching Glaive across the street with pure ease. He roared as his body tore through a glass window, disappearing into the building she flung him in.

Wanda couldn’t even catch her breath, nor could she allow her heart to settle when the second spear came her way. She ducked, spinning on her knee and rising both hands just as the three tips of the spear came down on top of her. The psionic energy flowed from her palms, freezing the spear right before it could finish the job, and in that short moment of clarity, Wanda observed her second attacker.

Although it was alien, Wanda could tell it was female. The long, blue hair and larger breastplate gave that away. Her wild eyes were filled with bloodlust, her bared teeth barely holding the hisses that slipped through. Like the other one, she had small horns on the sides of her head, but they seemed to grow from her head, colored as black as the skin surrounding her forehead and eyes. A sliver of black was painted vertically on her chin and lower lip. From her white, gold, and black armor, the alien woman stood ready for a war, the glowing blue tips of her spear pushing down further and further onto Wanda.

Had the Scarlet Witch not ducked and flung her hands over her, Proxima Midnight would have succeeded in subduing her target. Instead, Wanda fell onto her back and flung the woman completely over her, Midnight launched into a truck and splitting it in half. Wanda spun around, palm pressed to the earth, adrenaline rushing through her eyes and veins.

She darted her gaze over to the building, seeing the first alien leap out of the window she threw him in. He hit the street with his feet first, slowly rising up with his glaive in hand, snarling at the Scarlet Witch several yards ahead of him. Wanda turned her attention right, to see the alien woman rise up, struggling at first, but eventually finding her footing and glaring towards Wanda. Then slowly, weapons pointed her way, the two began to approach Wanda.

And straight ahead, Wanda could see the warehouse.

She wasted no more time with them and shot her hands to the ground, the psionic energy pulsating and launching her straight into the air. Both Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight shot their heads to the sky, watching as the Scarlet Witch tried to escape. Midnight hissed at that, raising her spear and chucking it right for her back, grunting as she did so. Looking down after hearing that grunt, Wanda yelped and spun accordingly, dodging the spear just as it was about to strike her. Doing so caused her to lose her balance, the Scarlet Witch screaming as she began to free-fall into the warehouse. She crashed through the ceiling window, impacted a pile of wooden boxes, rolled several feet more, and finally came to a rest on the cement.

Her body screamed in pain, but Wanda kept her own screams in, lest they find her faster. She knew she needed to get away, to find Steve and fast. She didn’t know if he was already there or if he was several minutes late. Whatever the answer be, Wanda knew she would most likely be late herself. That thought became all the more evident as the two aliens leapt over the wooden boxes and charged Wanda.

Grunting at the pain in her limbs, Wanda stood up anyway and readied herself for their arrival. Proxima Midnight was the first, diving forward with her spear in hand and driving it right for Wanda’s heart. She blocked it with a wave of her arm, her hand creating a red shield of energy in front of her. Proxima’s spear bounced off of it, the woman spinning accordingly and regaining her momentum. Wanda did the same, slipping to her knee as Proxima’s spear was swung for her head. She grunted as she pushed her right hand outwards, a pulse of energy knocking Midnight several yards back, her feet skidding on the cement.

Wanda didn’t even hesitate to shoot her hands to the left, catching Corvus Glaive in mid-air and flinging him across the warehouse. Glaive impacted several wooden boxes, his spear falling from his grip, clattering on the ground as his body did the same. She watched his descent, quickly turning back towards her second adversary.

Midnight was already going after her.

Wanda’s palm shimmered a bright red, the young woman growling at the bottom of her throat. Then they went at it. Proxima swung both the three tips of her spear and the sharpened blade at the other end for Wanda’s head and exposed parts, but each time the Maximoff would shield herself and retort with a blast of energy from her fingertips. Midnight hissed and snarled with each strike she delivered and only grew more furious the longer the Witch continued to block her. It reached the breaking point when Proxima raised the blade at the bottom of her spear and brought it down for Wanda’s shoulder. The Maximoff, however, managed to back off in time, the blade impacting the ground inches from her feet. As if that wasn’t enough, Wanda proceeded to keep the spear stuck to the cement, the red haze surrounding Midnight’s weapon and slowly slithering up to her arms.

Proxima gritted her teeth, slowly looking up and meeting the Witch’s gaze. She stared into the shimmering red irises, seeing the adrenaline and the determination flooding through her. Midnight’s right hand was slowly consumed by Wanda’s magic, but she ripped her left arm back just in time. Just in time to bring it back and form her palm into a fist. Just in time to punch Wanda across the face before her magic could consume her.

Wanda’s neck twisted left from the strike, the taste of warm metal growing in her mouth. Wanda cried out, unprepared for the kick in her back that sent her sprawling onto the cement below her. She hit the ground with a painful grunt, instantly turning onto her back and raising her hands just as the glowing blue blade on Midnight’s spear came down on top of her. Her magic caught the blade right before it could slice her neck, Wanda seething at the pain in her cheek and struggling to hold the weapon away from her.

Before she knew it, she was face to face with the alien woman. Proxima Midnight bared her teeth once more, continuing the pressure from her spear and slowly easing downwards onto the Witch. She struggled to keep the weapon away from her, her breathing increasing at a terrifying rate to see the blade grow nearer to her throat.

“Enough games, girl!” Glaive shouted, picking up his weapon and slowly approaching Wanda’s prone form. Wanda lifted her head back, her eyes catching the second alien appearing upside down from where she lay, but clearly standing and nearing her with his glaive in hand.

Hissing, Wanda struggled to breathe, looking back to the alien on top of her. “What do you want from me?!” she yelled, still managing to hold the blade inches from her with her magic.

“Where is the Vision?!” Proxima Midnight screamed. The blade grew even closer, Wanda screaming as she felt its edge on her neck. “Where is the Mind Stone?!”

Her screams echoed throughout the warehouse, like a cry for help. Wanda always believed she could take care of herself, but against such odds, against such dangerous opponents, it was surely beyond her control alone. She continued to scream, cry, yell out for someone, anyone to respond.

Her screams never went without an answer.

Corvus Glaive felt an unnatural force slam into his side, sending him crashing through a glass window and into a small backroom within the warehouse. Proxima Midnight shot up her eyes, easing the pressure on her blade for just a moment to catch a glimpse at what had struck her husband. The darkness of the warehouse gave her no support, but she did manage to see a flash of silver and red disappear into the shadows of the ceiling.

She stood up, weapon in hand as the Scarlet Witch below her clutched her throat and eased her breathing. She was still alive, turning her attention once to the alien woman and then to the direction she stared. Within the shadows of the warehouse, a sliver of light remained from the light bulb slowly rocking back and forth above. But behind it, still standing in the shadows and even darker than the blackness itself, a lone figure stood.

Proxima Midnight narrowed her eyes, seeing no one she recognized in the shadows. All she saw was an enemy, someone preventing them for fulfilling their mission. So, she raised her spear, and with a powerful scream, chucked the three-pointed end right for the dark figure. The spear flew through the air without fault, with true precision and accuracy. It flew so fast and so direct that nothing would be able to stop it in time, especially with the distance between the two. Nothing she knew of.

Midnight’s smile completely fell apart when the figure caught her spear at the last second.

It was so fast, so unreal that she had to take a second look and see if what she witnessed was true. The figure lowered its right hand that caught the spear, bringing the weapon to its side and slowly, so very slowly, stepping into the light.

She barely understood what she saw. It was a man, wearing a dark gray and white attire. His skin was filthy and tan. His dull, blonde hair was slicked back, an unkempt dark blonde beard resting on his humorless face. But what Midnight was truly enamored with were his eyes. The lack of mercy, the pure, fiery and kindled determination that burned bright in each orb was something she nearly shuddered to stare into for too long. The fact that he—whoever he was—managed to catch her spear and glare her down was something she didn’t take lightly. She didn’t even know who he was or what he wanted, but she already wanted to see his corpse beneath her boot.

But Wanda knew who it was right away.

It may have been two years, but she could never forget the face of Captain America.

Just like she could never forget her friend, Steve Rogers.

Proxima Midnight screamed, showing her claws and charging the man standing under the light. Steve reacted instantly, chucking the spear right back at her. Midnight ducked to the right, noticing how off the throw was. It took a second to comprehend and realize his attention was never to hit her, but to throw the spear to his compatriot.

She caught it with pure ease.

She looked at the spear with a determined glare.

The Black Widow found her target.

As Corvus Glaive jumped out from the backroom and out into the open once more, he was the first enemy that Natasha Romanoff saw. She charged his way, Glaive spinning about just in time to swing for her head. Natasha slid on her knees, her white hair bouncing to her movements as she sliced the blade on the end of Midnight’s spear into Corvus’ abdomen. The blade cut through his armor easily, Glaive clutching the wound, staring at the blood that painted his claw. He roared at her, but was unprepared for when the Widow drove all three points of the spear right into his chest.

Proxima Midnight cried out. The weapon sunk deep into Corvus’ chest, Glaive’s mouth falling open and refusing to close. He glared at the woman that had struck him. Natasha glared right on back, her white bangs covering her right eye. It hardly shielded the fury that shimmered in each of her eyes. She pushed her point, driving the spear deeper into his heart. To her surprise, Corvus continued to raise his weapon, ready to bring it down on the Widow.

Rogers was already there. He slammed his shoulder right through Proxima Midnight, sending the woman spiraling into a pile of boxes. Like a steaming freight train, Steve Rogers leapt forward towards Corvus’ backside, ripping his glaive right out of his hands, spinning it once, and driving it right through him.

Corvus Glaive caught his breath, looking down to see his own weapon pierced right through his chest and stopping a foot from where the Widow stood, the spear she held imbedded within Corvus’ body. He gave one last furious growl, glaring at the Widow the entire time before his head fell slack.

Natasha ripped out the spear, stepping back. Steve Rogers did the same, watching as Glaive’s body hit the ground without another sound. The only remaining sound in the warehouse came from Proxima Midnight’s piercing cries. Both Steve and Natasha turned accordingly, watching as Midnight tore her way through the boxes she crashed into and pounced towards Rogers. Neither Steve nor Natasha even moved. They saw him quickly approaching in the corner of their vision.

And they watched as the Falcon dove down and slammed his feet against Midnight.

She fell with astounding force into the cement, her body rolling several feet before she forced herself into a pouncing position. As she stood up, she raised her claws, glaring at her approaching enemy. The Falcon, with metal wings extended, slowed down mere feet in front of Midnight. She slashed at him, but he deflected her strike with a wing and raised his left leg, using the speed from his jetpack to deliver the devastating kick that sent Midnight crashing into the hard wall.

Her body fell without another movement, lying on the cement in total silence.

Sam Wilson finally landed, his wings retracting into his jetpack. He analyzed her body for a moment longer with his goggles, and for several seconds she still didn’t move. Knocked out cold. She still had a pulse, though.

“Sam!” Steve called to him, earning Wilson’s attention. His expression said it all.

“She’s alive,” Sam confirmed, earning a nod from Steve. “Him?”

Both Rogers and Romanoff looked down to the body of the alien they had killed. A small pool of blood began to build around him. Steve just sighed, shaking his head. “Dead,” he answered.

Natasha shook her head, dropping the bloody spear she held next to him. “We need to move.”

Steve and Sam both nodded, turning their heads back to hear Wanda’s continued groaning. “Wanda, are you okay?” Steve asked, dropping the glaive by the alien’s body and rushing to Wanda’s side. He held out his hand for her, holding her shoulder as she tried to stand.

“Yeah, I’m fine, Steve,” she grunted as he pulled her to her feet. She lifted up her eyes, staring into Steve’s own. The merciless glare he held not too long ago was gone, replaced only with the caring expression he carried with him through thick and thin. Wanda managed a short but sweet smile. “Thank you.”

Noticing the trail of blood leaving her upper lip, Steve nodded her way and helped her stand. She yelped as her feet touched the ground, a pain rippling in her backside. Steve bent down, wrapping her arm across his shoulder and keeping her steady. “Quinjet’s just outside. Let’s go,” he said, addressing his team.

As the four made their escape deeper into the warehouse, none of them—not even Falcon—checked the pulse on Corvus Glaive. He slowly raised his claw, gripping his glaive tightly.


Falcon closed the large door behind them, locking it and ensuring they were alone by scanning the room with his goggles. Aside from the towering piles of boxes and supplies, there were no other pulses but their own in the gargantuan room. The ceiling spilled shattered moonlight through the window-panes, but other than that they were trapped in complete darkness.

Natasha led the group while Steve aided the limping Wanda through the storage room. It was the same area they had entered the warehouse earlier, and it was close to where they had hidden the Quinjet outside. They were almost home.

“Hold tight, Wanda,” Steve told her, feeling her body clench in pain as they moved swiftly and silently through the darkness of the room. “We’re almost there. We’ll get you the medical you need.”

“Vision…” she whispered back to him. “They wanted… Vision.”

Steve blinked at that, turning his eyes to meet Wanda’s expression. Her eyes were barely open, her upper lip cut and bleeding pretty badly. “Are you saying they wanted our Vision?” Sam asked, running up to her opposite side that wasn’t occupied by Steve. Wanda weakly nodded.

“Why?” Natasha asked, looking over her shoulder.

Wanda steadied her breathing, staring at the floor as she answered, “They wanted the Mind Stone.”

Steve stopped. Natasha did, too. They all did. Caught under the moonlight, the soft patter of rain on the windows above being the only sound amongst the group of four, Steve slowly turned his eyes to meet Wanda’s, the woman’s worrisome expression held his way.

Breathing softly, Wanda shook her head. “What’s happening?” she asked.

For a moment too long, Steve didn’t answer. He held Wanda close, the woman shaking in pain in his strong grasp. Sam gulped and looked to the floor. Natasha came close to Steve’s side, saying, “First an entire alien planet appears next to Earth, then the Chitauri start invading every goddamn nation in the world, and now we got two aliens looking for the Mind Stone.”

Steve nodded grimly, his jaw tightening. “There’s something bigger going on here,” he said.

“We need to protect Vision,” Wanda muttered. “We need to find… Stark.”

He looked at her. Sam and Natasha followed, staring blankly at Wanda’s expression. “Stark?” Steve asked, almost as if the name hurt to say, his own voice struggling to keep the strength.

Wanda nodded, coughing. “Vision went to him, to help him in the fight against the Chitauri. He told me to contact you… right before he left.”

He heard her words, but Steve hardly brought them close. He was too lost in thought, thinking only of Tony Stark and his unfortunate last encounter with him two years prior. Back when things were easier to fully grasp, to know when someone was right and wrong, and to know who the true enemy was. Even when those lines were blurred at first, they became clearer down the road, but even then, it was already too late.

The Avengers were broken apart. Fractured, left only in the hands of Stark and whoever stood with him. And Steve kept his promise, that whenever Stark needed him, no matter what, he would be there. He and those who stood with him.

But for some reason, for something that Steve didn’t want to delve too far into, he just couldn’t bring himself to make the first move. To call Stark for help. For all he knew, Stark would track their location the second he called, send a squad courtesy from Secretary Ross to arrest them, and end whatever feud they had when Steve and his team were behind bars.

With what was happening in the world, Steve doubted that idea. Slightly. He didn’t know if taking the chance was the right idea.

So, instead he told her, “We need to get you somewhere safe, Wanda.”

“We need to help Vision!” Wanda shouted, backing away from Steve and managing to stand on her own two feet. She wobbled a bit, but held strong, glaring at Rogers. “If they get to him first, if they try and take the Mind Stone from him… he’ll die!”

Steve stood dumbfounded, Natasha on his left and Sam on his right, all staring silently at the Maximoff. “Please, Steve,” Wanda begged, her eyes burning and tears threatening to fall. “Please…”

“She’s right,” Natasha said. Both Steve and Sam turned her way, waiting silently as she continued, a slight hesitation in her voice. “It’s time to put these scars behind us and focus on what truly matters. We need to keep Vision safe. If that means facing Tony again, then we’ll do whatever it takes.”

Steve hesitated. He wanted to, at least, but after seeing the expression in Natasha’s eyes, turning back to stare into Wanda’s own, he felt the weight push harder and harder on his shoulders. Sam offered no help, waiting on Rogers’ answer. After thinking on it longer, several seconds turning into nearly a full minute, Steve eventually faced Wanda head-on. He threw his emotions aside, forced himself to focus on what truly mattered, as Natasha said.

And he nodded. “You’re right.”

Steve reached into his back pocket, pulling out his cellphone. He flipped it open, went to contacts, and stared at the only other number available besides Wanda's. The one that read “Tony Stark”. He stared at it for several seconds, stared at Wanda. Stared at her desperate eyes. Taking in a deep breath, he looked back at the phone and almost pressed “Call”.

Incoming!”

Sam’s warning was barely met with response. His wings extended, his jetpack launching him into the air by the time the spear was sent hurtling where he once stood. The team scattered, Wanda slipping onto her back and Steve looking straight upwards. Straight into the darkness. He heard the piercing cry, saw the glowing blue spear and the woman it belonged to falling right from the black and downwards to him. Steve instantly backed away, watching as the woman touched ground and drove her boot right into his abdomen.

Steve flew back, impacting the side of a large pile of supplies. Once he hit the floor, he looked up to see his cellphone lying directly ahead of him, its face still bright but the call not going through.

Its light faded once the foot came down and crushed it.

Steve clenched his jaw, following the leg upwards until he saw the familiar black robes, the alien-like armor, the vicious-looking spear, and the horrific glare of Corvus Glaive. Still alive. Still killing for a fight he knew Rogers was capable of. Proxima Midnight rose to full height, standing close to her husband, weapon jutted outwards just as his was.

Baring his fangs, Glaive hissed, “Wretched humans.”

Steve got back up, glaring just the same at the duo.

Then they struck.

Both Midnight and Glaive swarmed Rogers in a wave of slashes from their weapons and bellowing cries. The screams were meant to disorient him, to make him clutch his head as their piercing wails assaulted his eardrums. Surprisingly enough, he stood unaffected, dodging and blocking the oncoming strikes with fluid precision. He delivered his own counter-attacks with vivid accuracy and mind-boggling superiority. Both Glaive and Midnight nearly fell to their knees when Steve blocked their weapons with just his wrists and struck them in their abdomens.

It didn’t end there. Steve jumped, swinging his left leg and smacking Midnight across the face. She hit the supply crates to her far left, dropping her spear as she did so. Corvus drove his glaive right for Steve’s face, but he ducked and gored the Black Order member with his shoulder, driving him into the door where they had entered. Glaive crumbled to the floor, clutching his wound.

Midnight growled as she got to her feet, charging Rogers with his back turned. In the corner of her vision, she looked right and swung in that direction when the Black Widow tried to catch her with her attention elsewhere. Natasha leaned her neck back, sliding underneath Midnight’s blade and appearing on her opposite side.

The two stood face to face for a second, Natasha driving her foot into Proxima’s chest. The Black Order member screamed, swinging her spear back and driving it towards the Widow. It was caught in a powerful grasp, prompting her to turn back and see Steve Rogers gripping the end of her spear. His glare was all she needed to see. She kicked him in the gut and swung for his head.

But Natasha was already on her, driving her fists into her backside, nearly causing Midnight to crumble. She let out a painful yelp, spinning back and going for Natasha. Doing so broke her attention from Rogers, allowing him to drive his boot into her leg and cause her to fall to one knee. In her wounded state, Natasha drove her fist across Midnight’s temple, spinning her to face Rogers. He delivered a powerful punch across her left cheek, sending her back to Romanoff. The Black Widow kicked her square in the chest, launching her into Steve’s grasp. And he tossed her clear across the room, right into the door where Glaive hit and onto the floor where he lay.

Her spear fell to the floor next to Corvus’ glaive. She coughed violently, looking up through blurry vision to see Rogers, Romanoff, and Wilson approach them. His large, metallic wings retracted into his jetpack, a pair of Steyr SPPs in his hands, pointed her way. She glared at them, but focused the majority of her attention on her wounded husband. “Get up… get up!” she urged him.

“Last warning,” Steve growled, his fists clenched. “Surrender now.”

Proxima hissed at them through clenched teeth.

“We don’t want to kill you,” Natasha said, stopping when Sam and Steve both did, mere feet in front of the two aliens. Her eyes were without humor, her tone beyond the point of serious. “But we will.”

“Who do you work for?” Sam asked, machine pistols trained on Midnight.

Glaive slowly lifted up his head. Midnight turned to him, her hand resting over his heart. Her voice returned, much more vile and sinister than prior. “You’ve already lost. Your corpses will be the few of the billions that will lie at our feet. Our father will tear apart these miserable worlds until he’s satisfied.”

When she turned to them, her eyes were practically on fire with how enraged she looked. Sam almost took a step back, Natasha followed. Steve stood his ground, meeting her glare with his own.

She showed off her sharpened teeth, growling, “And we’ll tear apart this entire island to find the Stone.”

And before they could respond, a blue beam of light showered down on the two of them, their bodies flying up into the air. Steve, Natasha, and Sam looked upwards, saw as their bodies vanished through the glass and completely disappeared into the night sky. The beam of light was still there. It wouldn’t be for long.

“Come on! We can’t let them escape!” Steve ordered, spinning around and taking off for the exit. Natasha was right behind him, Wilson just as close. “Sam, get Wanda!”

Right before they could pass her, Sam bent down and wrapped Wanda’s arm over his shoulder, bringing the woman close to him as he helped her out of the warehouse. He followed Steve and Natasha, Rogers slamming himself shoulder-first into the door they locked behind them once they entered the warehouse for the first time that night. The lock broke off instantly, the door swinging open and allowing all four to step out into the cool, night rain.

As they stepped outside, they saw the beam of light from where it originated. They were witnesses to the final threat Proxima Midnight gave them. They were witnesses to the Chitauri warship that descended upon the city.

PreviousChapters Next