• Published 26th May 2018
  • 7,885 Views, 7,460 Comments

Infinity Era - JDPrime22



Avengers: Infinity War / Avengers: Endgame crossover. The culmination has arrived. The Mad Titan has waited so long for this moment. Long live the Infinity Era.

  • ...
30
 7,460
 7,885

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 193 – Peace to the Fallen

193

Equus

Canterlot, Equestria

9:30 a.m.

They came from around the world.

In a day that should not have yielded sunshine, the skies were bright and alive to unveil a colossal fleet of epic proportions. Unseen and unheard of in all of Equus’ long and expansive history. Ships of various sizes, shapes, and speeds came from every nation. With the world of Equus modernized and strengthened through the five-year rule of Princess Twilight, those nations that could hold a stable form of government proudly brandished their flags, their cultures, and set them sailing through the clouds. They joined hundreds of others, a fleet of ships so unfathomably massive that the ponies, dragons, changelings, griffons, and so many more within Canterlot could hardly comprehend it.

It was not a day for them to comprehend. It was a day for them to acknowledge, to mourn, and to say goodbye to a hero of Equestria.

Fizzlepop Berrytwist—the few that knew her actual name—and Tempest Shadow were both laid to rest that day, two names, two identities, and two lives for one pony. One trapped in the past, unable to release the pain of her childhood, unable to forgive the friends that abandoned her when times got tough. That pony, that little foal named Fizzlepop had almost died that day in the cave. For years, she had only been repressed, locked away into the darkest remnants of the pony’s mind. The other life, the other pony known as Tempest Shadow had been born when the Storm King came to her, promised to give her that which she had lost, only if she were to serve him. Commander Tempest Shadow served a higher power, performed unspeakable war crimes, all for her own gain. All just to become whole again.

But even Tempest was lied to. Even Tempest was abandoned. The Storm King sought only his own goals without the need of anyone else, including her. When he betrayed her, Tempest turned away from that evil and fought with the ponies she once considered to be enemies, but could have considered to be true friends. For they were the only ponies who wanted her to become something more than what she had fallen to. And when the world was free of the Storm King’s wrath, with Canterlot liberated and the ponies of Equestria celebrating their victory, Tempest Shadow moved on.

She carried that name with her, as a remembrance, as a way for her to never forget the horrors she committed just to fulfill her own selfish desires. Even when Twilight offered her that chance to stay in Canterlot, that chance for them to hopefully repair her horn, she turned it down. She needed—no—she wanted to right the wrongs of her past actions. She joined with Captain Celaeno, her parrot pirate crew, and the remnants of the Storm King’s empire to take back the world and free it from the evils she had laid upon it once before. And maybe, just spread what she learned about friendship.

That was always the hardest part.

In her quest of personal redemption, Tempest had freed city after city, nation after nation, and only felt more and more distant with each set of people liberated. It was only when the world and the universe needed her to act did she discover what it truly meant to have faithful and caring allies by her side. Different people of different backgrounds that she brought together. A cluster of multiple species that united for the cause she sought, for the mission she birthed, and for the new quest set before her. Nations with fragmented histories, weakened alliances, and unstable relations all brought together for one common goal. For their world, for the honor of their nations.

For friendship.

Though she probably never would have admitted it, Tempest had spread the magic of friendship. Not in the way she imagined, but in the way it needed to be.

And those friends she made all came for her, all arrived in a fleet crafted from her own selfless actions. They came and mourned the legacy of Tempest Shadow for her funeral in Canterlot. Airships and warships galore dotted the ocean blue skies, surrounded the fluffy white clouds, and shimmered under the rays of the morning sunshine. Though it was a day where many mourned the loss of the pony who gave her life to free the world, save the universe, and ultimately redeem herself, it was not a day of sadness. Their world, the universe, it all lived and breathed to see a new and healthy day. Thanks to her.

For Tempest—and those who fell with her—had done it. She had done it. She redeemed herself ten times over. Even if she would have never wanted to admit it. So… they admitted it. They showed the world who she was, told her story, and let everyone know the hero of Equestria. The hero of the universe. The one of the many.

Twilight finished telling them all that happened and stepped away from the podium. She let the casket of her ally, her friend, and her hero Fizzlepop sink into the earth, within the confines of the Canterlot cemetery where she was buried with the many heroes of the past. With the Pillars of Old Equestria. With Twilight’s parents. With the many who could find a long and peaceful rest.

Princess Twilight Sparkle and the Elements of Harmony mourned for her. Her fellow Avengers mourned for her. Celaeno and her crew with Grubber mourned for her. Her mother Cherrybliss mourned for her. Everypony, every creature, and everyone she helped bring together mourned for her.

All of Equus mourned for her.

Only, the lights in the sky said otherwise. Heads spun around, hearts were stopped and jaws had fallen when the astounding fleet of ships in the skies spewed forth an eruption of thunderous and majestic display. From each of the hundreds of airborne ships, fireworks shot out and painted the skies in vivid and beautiful colors. Raw, burning reds. Luscious, mystical greens. Hot, vivid yellows. Electric, velvety blues. A harmonic rainbow of magic and fire. The fireworks and magic blew apart to spread their beauty across the skies, across all of Canterlot Mountain, where every life below was able to witness the display in its full glory. It was then when Twilight realized that the world did not suffer in the loss of Tempest Shadow, of Fizzlepop Berrytwist. They were not separated when she had left them. Her history, her legacy, were not dishonored because they did not mourn for her.

They celebrated her.

PreviousChapters Next