• Published 26th May 2018
  • 7,908 Views, 7,460 Comments

Infinity Era - JDPrime22



Avengers: Infinity War / Avengers: Endgame crossover. The culmination has arrived. The Mad Titan has waited so long for this moment. Long live the Infinity Era.

  • ...
30
 7,460
 7,908

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 82 – Graviton

82

Earth

Lake Ontario, USA

The Lighthouse

5:20 p.m.

When Daisy Johnson, Melinda May, Leopold Fitz, Jemma Simmons, and pretty much every agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. made their way into their secret underground bunker beneath the lighthouse, they found it hardly held together.

Nearly destroyed.

Every hall, every wall, every computer, and even the ceiling itself… just demolished.

The group walked into what appeared to be a scrapyard of cement and electronics, wires hanging from what remained of the ceiling and gentle sparks dancing within the darkened areas. The evening sun shone heavy upon what remained of the Lighthouse, exposing the bunker to the world, showing what remained of S.H.I.E.L.D. and hiding nothing.

They were supposed to return home, gather any remaining S.H.I.E.L.D. agents there were for the Helicarrier. There weren’t many survivors.

Bodies littered the floor, agents wearing lab coats or body armor strewn together, mixed in a heap of torn flesh by the collapsed structure of the bunker. Very few rooms remained intact, and the ones that did held little of value. With every failure to make contact, Daisy’s heart continuously fell further and further into the abyss, her skin turning pale white when they came across it. There was only one room left, one room untouched by the chaos.

Gabriel Reyes’ guest room.

Deathlok didn’t hesitate and ripped the metal door off its hinges, tossing it aside and allowing the rest of the agents to enter by him. Apart from the assault rifle jammed in their direction from the lone S.H.I.E.L.D. agent guarding the pack of scientists and technicians, everyone remained calm. And within the group, being shielded by even those without a weapon, Gabe Reyes sat still in his wheelchair, eyes cooling with relief to see Daisy Johnson and the other agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Melinda instantly eased the tension, asking the lone soldier what happened while they were gone, and why they didn’t bother to contact them. One of the scientists answered while Daisy knelt in front of Gabe, asking if he was all right. He was. The scientist, in the meantime, began to explain, saying that after the Gravitonium breach in the Lighthouse, all communications were cut following the explosions that nearly caused the bunker to collapse in on itself. Fitz and Simmons turned to one another, then asked again about the Gravitonium.

Asked where it was.

The group dispersed after that, Deathlok taking the remaining survivors and wheeling Reyes onto Zephyr One to reunite with his older brother. That single scientist, covered from head to toe in dust, blood, and grime led Daisy, May, Fitz, and Simmons directly into the laboratories. What was left of them. They were in even worse condition than the rest of the Lighthouse, what seemed to be the aftermath of a megaton explosion directly in the heart of it all. More importantly… the Particle Infusion Chamber was destroyed. Exploded from the inside.

And the safe holding the Gravitonium was also destroyed.

And it really didn’t help that the cage holding Glenn Talbot was empty.

It didn’t take a S.H.I.E.L.D. scientist to put two and two together.

Phil had warned May and Johnson about Talbot’s status, his mind, his current condition and how unstable he was. For all they knew, HYDRA still had control of his mind and he was out there wreaking havoc beyond comprehension. With the Gravitonium… the pieces of the puzzle were slowly coming together. The future they had dreaded for days on end, the world shattered and humanity under the enslavement of the Kree slowly started to become more and more of a reality. They wanted to act on it. Dammit, May knew she wanted to lead a group of agents and track Talbot down and put a stop to him before he caused some serious and irreplaceable damage with the Gravitonium.

But they couldn’t. With their current status, they just couldn’t waste time trying to find Talbot… wherever he was in the world. Their focus was on the Avengers, stopping Thanos’ goal, and saving the universe. It hurt like absolute hell to accept that, to turn away from fate and the impending future that awaited them and their world. It hurt so much to face away and make an escape to Zephyr One, leaving their only other home behind in shambles.

But not before Daisy led Fitz and Simmons to her own room, where she revealed to them the bag she kept hidden under her bed. The same bag, when handed to Fitz and Simmons and zipped open, contained the Centipede Serum and Daisy’s own mother’s bones.

The two looked into the bag, then to Daisy’s hardened expression. Not a single crack. She said, “You have all you need. Use it to make a cure…”

“For Phil?” Fitz asked, prompted, led the Inhuman on.

Daisy’s eyes fell, a sharp inhale of air filling her chest and nearly making her shudder. She nodded regardless. “Don’t tell him… please.”

They didn’t. They wouldn’t. With what was at stake, losing someone so close to them, someone like a leader to them, would completely destroy them. They didn’t need that with the universe at stake. They didn’t need that plaguing their minds. So, with the bag in tow, Fitz and Simmons followed Daisy out of her room and towards the Zephyr One. The last souls out of the Lighthouse, carrying the bag close to heart and never letting it go.

Never letting them go.

The ingredients to save Phil Coulson’s life. Never letting him go.

The Zephyr One flew up to the invisible Helicarrier and it was so, so quiet.

PreviousChapters Next