• Published 26th May 2018
  • 7,908 Views, 7,460 Comments

Infinity Era - JDPrime22



Avengers: Infinity War / Avengers: Endgame crossover. The culmination has arrived. The Mad Titan has waited so long for this moment. Long live the Infinity Era.

  • ...
30
 7,460
 7,908

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 19 – Invasion

19

Equus

The Crystal Empire

9:46 a.m.

Widespread pandemonium was a common theme in the Crystal Empire, so much so that Prince Shining Armor and Princess Cadance had grown accustomed to hear Crystal Ponies screaming for their lives and see them running through the streets. That’s what they expected to see when they stepped outside on their castle’s balcony.

While they did see and hear just as they expected, it was the implications for their behavior that came as a shock. Most of the Crystal Ponies were bundled together in the several roads filling the empire like veins leading to the heart, which was their castle. But they all stared straight upwards, screaming with hooves pointed to the sky.

Shining Armor and Cadance followed their eyes, their hooves, and their voices.

And what they saw… made them completely understand.

High above the Crystal Empire, barely pushing past the heavy clouds of the Frozen North and hovering dangerously close to the magical shield surrounding the empire, an unknown ship remained. It wasn’t any ordinary ship, like an airship. What Shining Armor and Cadance saw appeared completely and totally alien to them.

Alien.

That’s all they saw.

Across its four dark tips that stretched completely across the empire, hundreds upon hundreds of smaller ships emerged and divebombed the empire below. Thousands of screams erupted, but were instantly silenced once the ships collided against the magical shield surrounding the Crystal Empire. Small ripples across the surface of the shield showed the impacts of where the smaller ships hit, but nothing more than that actually happened.

Flurry Heart giggled at the sight, raising her tiny hooves towards the only thing protecting her and her family. The ships kept on falling, shooting at the dome with what appeared to be some form of blue energy.

Shining Armor narrowed his eyes, a heavy glare growing across his brow.

“Shining,” Cadance gasped, tightening her grip around Flurry Heart, who was still amazed by the bright lights above. Turning her way, Shining watched as his wife asked, “What do we do?”

Shining held his strong expression, saying, “We contact Celestia and Luna and tell them everything that’s happened.”

Both husband and wife looked back towards the sky, towards the alien warship hanging over their empire. Nothing managed to break through the magical shield protecting the Crystal Empire. No matter how many ships they had or how strong their firepower was, Shining Armor was certain of one thing...

“The Heart will keep us safe.”


Earth

California, USA

Dockweiler Beach, Los Angeles

11:49 a.m.

The early morning beachline was filled with spectators, tourists, and those just setting up their equipment for a long day at the beach. There weren’t many people just wishing to enjoy the slightly-larger waves on that day. Mostly everyone on Dockweiler Beach was busy gazing at the alien world just barely over the horizon.

People brought cameras, held out their phones, and used any form of technology they had just to capture a glimpse of the alien world they had heard all over the news about. It rose over the southwest horizon, slowly but certainly growing larger as its full face was soon to completely cover California in a blanket of darkness. Before then, people took as many pictures and filmed as much footage as they could before the inevitable sirens started screaming.

They came earlier than everyone thought.

The tsunami sirens blared out, causing every citizen to flinch and turn towards the direction of the sound. Every pole within a ten-mile and presumably larger radius was screaming, warning of the oncoming tsunami that was soon to be upon them. No one saw a building tsunami when they turned back to the ocean. The waves remained as they were, not sinking back or growing larger.

But they did see the alien ship high above the Pacific Ocean, slowly hovering towards the city.

The ship was so unbelievably massive that people couldn’t even capture it all on their phones or cameras. Even if it was miles away, the ship covered nearly all of the skyline directly ahead. And it only grew more and more massive the closer it got. By then, people were already screaming. They already turned and ran from the beachline. But by then, they were too late.

Hundreds of Chitauri chariots were already in the air, already swarming the air above the beach and invading the city of Los Angeles. And the Chitauri Command Center kept on its slow, slow pace, eventually enveloping the entire beach in darkness.


Equus

Hyperborean Mountains

Griffonstone

9:52 a.m.

The attack shook nearly half of the city, and almost brought it down the mountain. Gabby stopped her daily mail delivery, seeing griffons fall out of their homes and catch themselves before they could hit the ground. Greta held herself on the nearest mailbox, the earthquake almost making her collapse. Gallus and Grandpa Gruff turned their beaks to the sky. And as for Gilda, she pushed open her door and stared straight up to the skies, just like them.

Every other griffon did.

There was nowhere else to look but up.

To the alien warship descending upon their kingdom’s capital city.

A low and very powerful hum came from the alien ship and reverberated throughout the entire city of Griffonstone, griffons covering their ears, some falling right out of the sky when the resulting shock wave followed. Gabby found herself lying on the nearest roof, covering her ears as the ship continued to make that horrible noise. It stopped, and Gabby finally looked back up.

Only to be one of the many witnesses of the horror that followed.

The bright, morning sky, just once filled with the alien planet on the horizon and the warship above their heads, was now dotted with hundreds of smaller ships. Those ships grew even bigger, descending upon Griffonstone with the intent of complete and utter annihilation. That’s what followed, that is. Complete and utter annihilation.

Gabby screamed and flew away, towards the house nearest to the base of the mountain and away from the oncoming alien fire that fell upon her city. Peeking her head out, Gabby watched as the aliens fell down to Griffonstone, and the griffons that inhabited the city flew up, meeting them halfway.

Gilda and Greta were two of those griffons.

Once they realized the intent of the invaders was to destroy, they took it upon themselves to fly straight into the chaos and show the invaders just who they decided to mess with. Gallus tried to join them, but he was stopped by Grandpa Gruff who dragged the young griffon into his home for safety. The two griffons found some form of comfort once they realized an entire flock of griffons trailed closely after them. That hint of comfort was completely lost once they were tangled in a mess of alien chariots and blue energy beams firing past them.

Tightening her jaw, Gilda weaved and dodged the oncoming onslaught of invading forces. It was nearly a blur, but she focused straight ahead and latched herself onto the only chariot that was headed directly for her. The invader piloting the chariot growled, swiping at the griffon with its light gray arm. Gilda ducked and roared, using her talons and slashing the invader right across the face.

Its faceplate flew off from her strike, the invader spinning back towards her and narrowing its green eyes. Gilda found herself freezing at its appearance. Its face looked unlike anything she had ever seen. If anything, it reminded her of those robots that attacked Griffonstone a few years back. With this creature, she couldn’t even tell what it was. All she knew after gazing at its features was that it was alien.

An alien.

Its jaw unhinged like a snake, screeching so loud Gilda almost let go of her grip on its chariot. She did, eventually, after it drove its fist right into her face. Gilda, dazed and confused, plummeted through the air, watching as more and more aliens flew straight over her and towards her home.

She felt a pair of talons grab her, prompting her attention back to see Greta hovering behind her. “You’re not out of this fight yet!” she yelled.

Gilda frowned, then nodded. Then she and Greta spun around and flew back towards the fight.


Earth

Berlin, Germany

9:53 p.m.

Berlin was already on fire by the time the ships started falling from the sky.

Citizens filled the streets, thousands of men, women, and children running. Not knowing where, but anywhere that wasn’t on fire. Cars swerved out of the way of the running citizens, many people just deciding to abandon their vehicles and try their luck at making a break for it on foot. Everyone ran in the same direction, backs turned towards the heart of the city, some unlucky souls taking a brief second to look back.

And they saw a Chitauri warship hanging over their city, nearly concealed through the darkness of the night. Its bright blue lights pulsated off of its massive exterior, giving the German citizens an indication of where it remained. They didn’t pay it much heed, as the hundreds of ships that left it was their main concern. Those Chitauri ships filled the night sky, firing down upon the city of Berlin with relentless force and no sign of letting up.

By the time the German army arrived in their own home, it was already too late. Jets and helicopters were blown of the sky, bombers sharing the same fate. Ground forces stood no match against the superior air dominance of the Chitauri chariots. It wasn’t long before the Chitauri deployed their own ground forces, dropped off by the many Leviathans that descended from the warship. The German army held off as long as they could, they fought through the night as the alien army fell on top of them. They weren’t enough.

Berlin burned and infected the night sky with its ash and flame, painting the black a horrific orange. Those colors were joined by the screams of the citizens of Berlin, as what remained was consumed by all-out warfare. They screamed all night long.

They screamed as their world was set ablaze under the brilliant night sky.


Equus

Dragon Lands

The Dragons' Lair

9:56 a.m.

Dragon Lord Ember dropped her scepter and fell to her knees, pressing her claws near her father’s eye. The former Dragon Lord Torch lay in the ruins of a small mountain, several scorch marks across his body and wings, his armor torn, his horns broken, and his breathing slow.

The Dragons' Lair surrounding the two was encompassed in flame and explosions, more than what was naturally present. It was due to the alien warships covering the skies and dropping off their soldiers. Those soldiers consisted of hundreds of smaller aliens that Ember and her squadron of teenage dragons tried to fight back. However, the warships let loose even greater soldiers, ones she couldn’t even imagine trying to fight on her own.

That’s why her father and the adult dragons joined the fight, as well. The skies were covered in soot and fire, bodies consisting of dragons and aliens dropping like flies every second. They impacted the earth with such power that the very ground was constantly shaking. But Ember paid the attack or the rising tides of war no heed. She remained on her knees, jaw fallen only slightly, and stared into her father’s massive eye. Into the bloodshot ridges that were slowly being covered by her father’s eyelids that just couldn’t seem to stay open.

“Dad!” Ember cried, smacking the scales right next to his eye. His eyelid flinched upwards, but slowly began to fall once again. “Dad, you gotta get up! We need you out there!”

Her father, as brave and thick-headed as she always knew him to be, led a group of dragons to attack one of the alien warships head-on. To cut the head off of the snake. They were ambushed mid-flight, only about a mile away from the warship when a pack of Chitauri Leviathans caught them. Her father had managed to hold them off, but only for so long. Soon enough, the dragons he trusted most of all, his closest allies, were all taken down and fell to the earth. He was the only one, the last dragon to fight off the remaining Leviathans and take on the warship.

He only succeeded in doing one of those things, but at a great cost.

Ember’s tear-filled eyes shot up to the alien warship still hanging over the Dragon Lands, still unleashing an unending army. Her eyes fell back down, her ears managing to catch her father’s voice over his pain-filled breaths.

He managed to move his head only slightly, his large pupil tilting her way. Ember gritted her teeth, more tears building in her eyes. Torch saw as his daughter still kept her claws pressed to his face. Breathing, the dragon managed to say, “Go… they need you.”

Ember, as stubborn as ever, shook her head. “I’m not leaving you here to die!” she screamed. She pressed her forehead against the scales beneath his eye, the tears freely falling from her eyes and flowing down her snout. Her body shivered, her claws tightening. “I… can’t… let you. I can’t do this alone.”

“Ember…” Torch whispered, his powerful voice sounding weak and distant. Ember brought up her head, gazing into her father’s eye, into the pupil turned her way. Torch could see her, he could see how big and strong she had become. She wore the golden armor she forged after she became Dragon Lord. The scepter she carried now just lay on the ground, her attention only to him.

He almost smiled at that. Breathing out and causing a large dust cloud to pick up near his mouth, Torch said, “My daughter… you have become so strong.”

Ember’s eyes continued to burn, her face contorting into different levels of raw, emotional stress with every last word he said. Every last word. He smiled at her, but she didn’t see it. All she saw was his eyelid slowly closing, his pupil rising up and away from her.

“I trust no other dragon… to lead our people…”

She couldn’t see the white of his eye any longer, nor could she hear or feel a breath leave or enter him. Ember waited several seconds, feeling the world shake around her, knowing everything was falling down and burning away. But she still waited.

“Dad…”

And waited.

“Dad!”

Even when she knew…

Dad!”

He was gone.

She wanted to fall just like all the others, her claws now covering her head and the tears falling down her face. Those thoughts traced her mind, but they were overshadowed by the overwhelming roars of her people fighting. Crying. Dying. They were an army without a leading force, without someone to make the choices to save their land and their future.

Ember opened her eyes. No more tears fell. She just frowned. That frown transformed into something even more furious, heated breath leaving her barred teeth. She picked up the Bloodstone Scepter lying next to her and got back up. She got back up. Spinning around, she glared at the invading alien army.

She saw dragons fall from the burning skylines. She saw the aliens winning the war, trying to take everything away from her and her people.

Ember tightened her grip on the scepter, the bloodstone shimmering.

They sure as hell could try.

With newfound fury and willpower, Dragon Lord Ember took to the skies and led her people into the war for their very world. And they followed her. Every single dragon followed her.

PreviousChapters Next