• Published 5th Oct 2012
  • 1,245 Views, 21 Comments

The Paths We Choose - discord7



Rainbow Dash achives her goal of becoming a wonderbolt, but is it really what she wanted in life...

  • ...
4
 21
 1,245

Epilouge

I was in the foyer waiting for Dashira to come back home from Junior Flight Camp. Even though Scootaloo had taught her everything she knew about flying I still wanted her to go. I was at the trophy case looking over all of my awards and ribbons, the ones I'd one as my days as a Wonderbolt and a few from even before that. One prized possession kept catching my eye though, my old uniform. It was dusty and faded from the years of non-use, but I kept it to remind me of happier times.

I heard a knock on the door, it couldn't be Dashira she'd always come barging in yelling "I'm home!" at the top of her tiny lungs. She was still small compared to her birth mother, but to me she stood eye level. I limped a little over to the door, my left knee had never exactly been the same since the accident.

I opened the door to see the one colt I would have least expected to ever come back into my life.

"Soarin?" I squeaked out.

"Hey Dash." He said with the same vitality and youth as the day last saw him.

"Wh- what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I heard about what's been going on around here," he said as he walked past me and made himself at home in the foyer looking over my awards, "it's been ten years Dash. Think it's time to let go?"

I laughed trying to ease the mood, "What are you talking about?"

"You have to go back where you belong Dash, your friends are worried about you." He told me sternly.

I looked down, knowing all too well what he was talking about.

"They miss you Dash. And running away like this isn't going to solve it, face your problems." Soarin told me. "I'll be there with you."

I looked up and saw him smiling.

I waited until Dashira came home and told her we were going to our real home

"But I thought this was our home." She said with her wide eyes staring up at me.

"It was..." I told her, "it still is but... we have to go to my real home ok?"

"Why?" she asked.

"It's just complicated, we have to go." I told her.

"OK." She mumbled glumly.

It was the first steps in the series of things that would push Dashira and I to the limits of our bond. For ten years I'd raised her as my own, she's never known the outside world. Now we had to travel to Ponyville, it's just that I had no idea how hard it would be...

Stay tuned for the sequal: The Decisions We've made.

Comments ( 12 )

This was a nice story but uberly fast-paced!!! I just cant stress that enough! But i LIKED it :rainbowkiss:
it was very nice, fairly true , only, like i said, tooooooooooo fast!!!

I would enjoy a sequal and may i, i can be your part-time prereder for it, i can help you push it to the limit cuz it truly has potential!!!! :pinkiehappy: t-that is... If you wouldnt mind :fluttershysad:

Very well done I enjoyed the read and I look forward to more of your wrightings:twilightsmile:

Great outline now flesh it out please more details on scoots and rainbow and the 10 years you passed up would be great.

Comment posted by discord7 deleted Apr 15th, 2013

When's the sequel coming out?

2427785 Uh... haven't really thought about it in a while I'm working on two really big projects right now plus running my FB page is a hastle in itself. I've got a lot of ideas I want to get out and not enough of me to do the work. Where's the mirror pond when you need it right?:pinkiecrazy: But ya I'll get to the sequel whenever I finish these other two project pinkie promise.:pinkiehappy: Also I'm probably gunna have to revise the old details of the story to make it more interesting. Spoiler just so you don't have to reread the whole friggen thing Scoots mom never existed in the story she was just homeless from the start, Dash left Scoots was sad and Dashie came back BAM takes her in and happy ever after for that until the sequel.

:pinkiehappy: Awesome thank.

Oh, what projects are you working on atm? Good luck on them.

2430553 working on Lulay Moon Princess, which is the ENTIRE story of what happened with Luna Celestia and Nightmare moon. It's based off the song Lullaby for a princess by I think her name is ponyphoric, and it features the backstory of Discord as well as King Sombra, who was (at the time) not as evil as we thought he was. And Rainbow, my second ever human crossover which is also based off music, this one by Koroshi-ya ironically enough titled 'Rainbow' the same as the story.

2440646

Actually it was a he, Ponyphonic, His first song, The Moon Rises tells the story of Luna turning into Nightmare Moon.
Faux Synder, has lyrics based on Lullaby for a Princess that goes into Nightmare Moon's feelings and thoughts while imprisoned on the moon Luna's Soliloquy, and then Lullaby for a Princess has a friend of Ponyphonic doing the female vocals for his song, showing Princess Celestia's regret and pain for doing what she did.


Honestly I used to listen to those three in that order for months. It is a beautiful story all together. I wish you the best of luck. I kind of did my own version of the Nightmare Moon, Discord, Sombra history in my story. But I can't wait to see your own version I quite look forward to it.


I thought that the new owner in the feeds page said that Humans in Equestria stories were no longer allowed, but HiE stories that existed before that rule were being godfathered in? Was that just an april fools joke or something? Regardless, they both sound like good stories.

2440891 I knew about the other songs I didn't know ponyphionic was a guy though... the story's based loosely on a collage of all sorts of songs but the main ones I stick to are Lullaby for a Princess and Luna's Reply.
As for the HiE story it's technically not a human IN EQ per say it's more just the tragic tale of a bedside brony and his desire to see Dash before he dies. Listen to Koroshi-ya's rainbow you'll catch the drift of what I'm thinking about when I hear it.

2451701

Listened to the song. Wasn't really my cupa tea, but story wise I can see how it'd be inspirational. Best of luck to you.

...edit....

Talking about the Rainbow song.

I liked this story heaps but it sucked how little detail was shed on the 10 years that passed, hopefully the sequel makes up for it :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment