• Published 17th Mar 2018
  • 2,021 Views, 131 Comments

I am Cinema! (Aka Educating Ponies on Real Entertainment) - Quake98



A human being shows characters from MLP the wonders of Modern Entertainment....Oh boy.

  • ...
5
 131
 2,021

Not a chapter, Kinda a opinion/poll

Hello everyone! I hope you all are having a fantastic day/night today. Now I know some of you are absentmindedly looking at my story to see when it will update.
Well you will have to wait a bit longer for The Lion King to be wrapped up and I wanted to bring that up.
I’m going to ask you all some questions that I hope you will answer for me so I can upgrade my story to a much more enjoyable experience. The questions will range from writing style to what movie should be next for the pony’s viewing. So without further ado, here are my questions.

1. Should I cover every little detail that occurs in a movie;Such as a song or what could be happening at that moment, or Should I find links to the songs and cover the highlights/most impactful parts of said film?

2. Should I keep the pattern of animated movies for a bit and then move onto live action or should I do a mix of the two categories of films?

3.Should I cover older movies first or recent movies first? Another option is to have another mix between the two.

4.Should I keep the MLP verse that the story is happening fairly similar to cannon events, if so the story is starting some near episode 9 of season.

5. Think about which pony could be next to join in watching a movie and what movie you think would fit for them.

6. If given a choice, would you all like holiday themed chapters that can involve any character from the MLP show but it won’t impact the main story, would you all want that?

That’s all that I have for now, I might edit it this later to add more questions to answer. Please think of your answers and explain to me why you chose that. Anyway, I hope you all give plenty to work with to improve my story quality/Increase your enjoyment, so get to answering my friends!

Comments ( 27 )

1. focus mostly on the highlights of the movie
2. I think a healthy mix or whatever the MC would think the cast would be entertained by
3. again I think a mix
4. yeah keep it somewhat close with maybe a main cast member getting an idea from one of the movies
5. I don't know
6. sure that sounds fun like "Hocus Pocus" for halloween or "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" for thanksgiving

9234137
Thank you for answering my questions, I just wanted to know how much and what I should write. So again I appreciate your contribution.

1. Considering fimfiction's rules on lyrics, definitely videos, just to be safer. Also, don't be afraid about writing specific lines of dialogue but don't do everything spoken.

2. Mix

3. Mix

4. That's fine if you want to. Could give you a way to slowly introduce others.

5. Either Twilight, Celestia, Luna, Spike, or the CMC

6. Meh. Go with your gut.

1: focus on the highlights unless you are going to show some exceedingly rare indie film, most of your audience has probably watched the films you plan to show or heard about them at some point. It would be tedious monotony to go over each point.
2: a mix though maybe yours should start on movies with a softer subject matter (e.g. Snow White) and then graduate on movies with more serious depth (e.g. the boy in the striped pajamas).
3: a mix again.
4: please keep it canon compliant. I would find it disconcerting if the canon went wildly off the rails and by season 4 twilight is for some reason the god emperor or some other silly thing.
5: rainbow dash and Disney’s Hercules. Bonus points if you get a group together to watch a movie and they disagree with each other on the movies quality afterwards (e.g. The Last Jedi).
6: Grahf put it better than me on this point.

Do you have any Ray Harryhausen movies like Jason and the Argonauts? Those would be a thing to see for ponies.

1. Remember what happened to M6 Watch Death Battle. Transcribing the movie on this site is a dumb idea.

2. Never stagnate. Don't do too many of one category at once without visiting the other. Mix

3. See previous.

4. Shrug.

5 Spike would love super hero movies.

6. Okay.

9234173
Ok, thank you for your in put. I really appreciate it.

9234255
Ok, thank you for your suggestions. You also don’t have to worry about Twilight or any of the ponies being so exaggerated, I stated in the story that it was mostly watch a movie/see how the movie influences the character, but nothing extreme/keeping within the canon verse.

9234274
I unfortunately don’t have that movie, but I will take your other comments to heart.

I think you should do a mix of options 1, 3 and 6 with a bit of 4 thrown in there.

9234554
Huh? I’m sorry but can you clarify please? I just want to understand what you want.

9234558
I mean you should do a mix of the options like only add highlights and short descriptions of what is going on in a particular scene in the movie that they are watching while adding links or music videos to the chapter, the other thing is to start with some old classic movies that you know many of the MLP cast will enjoy and then move on to the more modern ones, You should also stick to canon as close as possible for the MLP timeline but also have some fun with it and either add stuff in that you think will spice up or make the story more interesting for the readers who don’t want to just read carbon copy cutouts of the episodes that many have read over and over again. Lastly you should add in Holiday and Themed movies like this month for example as it would be great to see a Halloween/Nightmare Night themed chapter and movie be done soon.

That is what I meant by a mixture of the options.

9234558
honestly I think the movies should be shown at random with certain highlights shown to a mix of supporting and main cast in canon timeline say after season 8 finale maybe have sunset shimmer and the other equestria girls show up as well

9234915
Ok, thank you for the contribution.

9234663
Excellent, sorry about not getting all of that the first time.

1. I don't think you need to describe the scene shot for shot, I'd prefer to read about the viewer's reaction.

2. To answer questions two and three, I think you should include movies that considered Historically, Culturally and Aesthetically Significant. The National Film Registry and The British Film Institute are good places to start in my opinion but don't forget there is cinema all over the world. And before you ask yes The Lion King does fall into that category.

3. I think I know a way you can make it work. Have the protagonist, show the ponies movies relevant to the episode. For example during Bridle Gossip, maybe show Do the Right Thing by Spike Lee.

4. For Twilight I'd suggest Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone. For Applejack, To Kill a Mockingbird. For Rainbow Dash, Top Gun. For Rarity, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes with Marilyn Monroe, For Pinkie Pie, Willie Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, for Fluttershy, Bambi. I know some people might think it's too intense for her, but I think she's mature enough to handle it, for Spike, The Marvel Cinematic Universe. Personally, I think there's enough material in those movies to create several dozen chapters.

9235265
Ah, thank you for your great input my friend; and I have to admit I was thinking the same for Pinkie.

1. I think i'm more interested in reading about the characters reaction/thoughts to scenes in the movie. Though maybe with focus on certain scenes or maybe even songs from some movies.

2. I'm going to have to vote for a mix since that seems the most interesting, and most fun option.

3. Once again going to vote for mix.

4. Yes on things in the MLP going like canon. Unless the changes are a result of your characters presence, whether direct intervention, or butterfly effect. I could maybe see some MLP characters maybe doing things differently, because of a movie they watch.

One thing when is the story exactly in the MLP timeline? I'm afraid you only put episode 9 of season. It appears you accidentally made a small typo, and didn't put the season number by accident.

5. I'm open to any MLP characters watching next to be honest. Though it's hard to think of what movies would fit the MLP characters best reaction wise. I suppose on my earlier Buzz Lightyear suggestion, i'd like to pitch Dash as one of the ones watching. Hmm if you do How to Train Your Dragon, I could see Twilight, Spike, and maybe Ember watching that one.

6. I :heart: the idea of holiday themed chapters, so that idea certainly has my vote.

9237325
So to start, the timeline is in the first season. And I was thinking of only having Brian/a movie have a slight butterfly effect so that it can stay somewhat close to the canon story line. I also really appreciate your opinions and input.

9237362
Thank you for clearing up the timeline was wondering about that. I also like that Brian and his movies having a butterfly effect on canon events. Though now i'm curious if the changes will become bigger and more apparent as time and the story goes on. I guess only time will tell.

9237370
Yes, we shall see,

Hahahahahahaha!😈

9234342
I am so disappointed that Twilight will never see the skeleton fight from that movie. Do you have any Harryhausen films at all?

9258892
I unfortunately don’t have any of his films, I might have seen the one you were talking about but that was a long time ago.

9262341
You don't know what you're missing.

9262787
Yeah, it looks great.

idea themed movies for different things like nightmare before Christmas for nightmare night (or hearths warming) and the like it would be kinda sweet

9307009
Not a bad Idea, I will have to definitely use it in the future. Thank you.

Good looking story so far! As for your survey:

1. Highlights for sure. Helps keep the influx of new movies more regular.
2. Probably depends on the pony(ies) watching, and how many they've watched. Rainbow would probably enjoy something more "real" for example. Basically, go with what you think Brian would think is a good idea for his equine guests.
3. Probably a mix? Again, rule of thumb is "what would Brian think he should show"?
4. Outside of deviations caused by Brian (directly or indirectly), I'd say so. Reinforces the effects of this cultural broadening he's inspiring.
5. *shrug* I don't know, Twilight watching Treasure Planet? One part classic literature, one part decent sci-fi, and overall underrated. Not that it's personally significant a show, if that were my thoughts I'd go with Emperor’s New Groove or Great Mouse Detective (though not necessarily with Twilight).
6. Holiday themed yes, non-impact no. Just let the natural consequences play out, whatever they may be.

Login or register to comment