• Published 17th Mar 2018
  • 2,021 Views, 131 Comments

I am Cinema! (Aka Educating Ponies on Real Entertainment) - Quake98



A human being shows characters from MLP the wonders of Modern Entertainment....Oh boy.

  • ...
5
 131
 2,021

Morning Shenanigans (Last break chapter I promise)

Author's Note:

I have no regrets! :pinkiecrazy:

When I woke up that morning, my mind was still foggy from sleep noticed something plush on my chest. With heavy arms I brought the plush object closer to my chest and rubbed my head against it, making it squeak in a surprisingly cute way.

“Such a nice pillow, I should remember where I bought it, it’s so comfy and warm~” The pillow’s squeaking increased ten fold when I nozzled into it more. Slowly nodding off again from the intense comfort before a nagging thought began to buzz in my head and a sense of foreboding, ‘I don’t remember buying this warm and plush pillow. Heck, pillows don’t squeak! Only people and...Ponies do...When surprised.’ Snapping my eyes open and what filled my sight were two blue eyes belonging to a very red zebra, whose face was maybe a inch or two away from mine and was trying to get out of my grasp.

Of course my mind was still not totally awake, allowing my mouth full range to say the following flow of stupidity, “You’re not my pillow.”

Zecora, whose cheeks were a shade of red I didn’t think even existed till this point, looked at me like I grew a second head, or maybe she was about to pass out due to lack of blood circulation, it was hard to tell with my foggy mind.


“An observation that’s very correct, could you let me go as a small request?” She sounded so embarrassed when she asked me this I swore I was accidentally snuggling Fluttershy instead of the mortified zebra. Complying to her request, Zecora was released from the impromptu cuddle session. Upon obtaining her freedom Zecora scrambled away from my torso and laid on my legs, using the blanket as a sort of shield to hide from my line of sight.

“Uh... I’m sorry Zecora,”- I rubbed the back of my head bashfully, “I guess I like to cuddle when I’m asleep.” Laughing nervously, I stopped rubbing my neck, “The more you know. Heh...Heh.” Zecora wasn’t ready to talk to me, if the lack of her resurfacing from her blanket fortress was anything to go by. “Zecora, please come out? I’ll stay right here if you do,” Then a brilliant idea sparked in my mind, “I’ll even make you breakfast! What do you say, sounds good?” Waiting a couple of minutes, it felt like Zecora was just ignoring me or I thought so until she poked her head from underneath the blanket Fortress of Anti-snuggles. The still rosy cheeked zebra nervously looked down at the floor, softly muttering,

“If you’re so sure that you wouldn’t mind, I would very much like that if you would be so kind.”
Rolling my eyes playfully, I smiled down at Zecora before giving her head a very light pat, who looked about ready to dive back under the blanket.

“It’ll be no trouble Zecora, just don’t expect a super gourmet, I’m a bit out of practice.” I didn’t wait for her to reply as I untangle my legs from Zecora and stood up. After popping my back neck to lessen the tension built up in them I went into my small kitchen. It was a humble little thing with a two burner propane stove, little cabinets to hold dishes or food, a medium sized refrigerator, and a counter space with a built in drop in sink and drawers to hold utensils(AN: it’s a real thing, look it up.). Opening the fridge, expecting maybe a couple apples or something, not for it to be fully stocked! “Holy sweet mother of Pearl! Thank you Discord!” Rubbing my hands anticipation I grabbed the ingredients to make the perfect breakfast dish if one wanted to be fancy with out going through a length process, a vegetarian frittata! With all the ingredients on the counter top. Grabbing a nearby kitchen knife and testing it’s sharpness, I looked down at the ingredients with an excited grin,

“Let’s get cooking!” With battle cry yelled I began to make the frittata, not understanding how degraded and rusted my skills had gotten. What might have taken an hour or so at the very most quickly evolved in a process that took two. Putting on my fifth bandage on my finger I looked at my finished frittata. While the process might have been a pain to the fingers and my skills being very rusty the finished product actually looked pretty edible. It didn’t even look burned on the top or the bottom either, a fact that filled me with great pride. “All that’s left to do is serve it,” with two plates on hand and a spatula, I placed a slice each on the plates. Then with delicious cargo in tow I walked back into the living room, where a much more relaxed Zecora sat on the couch, her nose twitching slightly from the frittata’s appetizing aroma. “Hey, I got breakfast ready,”- I held up the plates to emphasize my claim, “So if you could follow me to the table, we can get this party bus a rolling,” That was the point where I swore heard a faint yell of ‘party!?’ from a great distance away but shrugged it off as just my imagination.

Zecora nodded silently as she hopped off the couch and quickly fell in line behind me, the scene reminiscent of the pied piper and rats. When we reached the table, a simple oak one, Zecora calmly walked over to the chair closest to her and attempted to sit in it, key word being try. When she tried to sit in the chair she lost her balance and fell flat on her stomach, a soft ‘oh’ from the pain. Placing the plates quickly on the table I rushed over concerned for Zecora’s wellbeing.

“Zecora, are you ok?” I crouch down to her level, seeing if anything might have been broken or bruised. Zecora reassured me by patting my knee, before breaking into rhyme.

“It’s ok dear Brian for I am fine, now can we begin to dine?” Silently chuckling at her question, I picked her up gently and placed her on the chair before I adopted a haughty accent,

“But of course madam,” I did an exaggerated bow, “Right away madam.” This made Zecora giggle into her hoof at my antics.

“Oh sit down you over grown buffoon, the breakfast you made has filled me with great anticipation.” I rolled my eyes but quickly complied to her demand and sat in the other chair. That’s when I noticed something very important was missing.

“I’m so sorry, I forgot the forks. If you’ll just wait a sec-“ when I looked at Zecora my jaw dropped at what I saw. Zecora was already finished with her frittata and was licking her cheek for any crumbs. “I guess that-“ I choked back some laughter, “You really like breakfast, huh?” Zecora, noticing that she was caught, brushed furiously.

“It’s as how you say, a delicious way to begin one's day.” She was drawing circles on the table top and avoiding eye contact. Smiling at her, I got up and grabbed her plate,

“Hey, I’m glad you like the breakfast I made so much. It warms my heart.” Giving her ears a couple of quick scratches I went back to the kitchen to get her another slice of frittata. However when I entered the kitchen I was left a little stunned at who was in my kitchen, a party centric little mare that was bouncing up and down while humming a happy tune.
‘Oh no! I’m not ready to handle a Pinkie yet! Abort quest, abort quest!” With as much effort as I could I tried backing out of the kitchen, hoping she wouldn’t hear me. It seemed to work until I stepped on a squeaky board that gave an ominous creak when it shifted under my weight. ‘Maybe she didn’t hea-‘ that’s when I heard what was only possible for her to do, her gasp that increased in volume and magnitude instead of the opposite.

“Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-“ The mare was somehow staying airborne from her early bouncing and staring right at me, her eyes growing in size with her gasp. I was starting to get concerned for her wellbeing when she suddenly was face to face with me, her smile putting the Cheshire Cat to shame and was pointing at me dramatically, “There you are Mister New Nonpony!”